PDA

View Full Version : Two college campus shootups today

Orpz
October 9th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Texas Southern University
Northern Arizona University

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-36131

Toadette
October 9th, 2015, 11:42 AM
"www.theonion.com"

:toad:

Slaol
October 9th, 2015, 11:44 AM
"www.theonion.com"

:toad:

The article is on the onion. Its a joke about how 'impossible' it is to prevent it. There were actual shootings though.

Toadette
October 9th, 2015, 12:34 PM
The article is on the onion. Its a joke about how 'impossible' it is to prevent it. There were actual shootings though.
... :(

Cryptonic
October 9th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Obama gets the CIA to plan these shootings so he can take our guns so him and his muslim friends can kill us all with ease.

Helz
October 9th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Put 320 million people in the same place and someone will kill someone. The shit is just gona happen. Its only a question of what gains exposure to the drive by media and and where they take that conversation.

I did hear about a community college shooting the other day that killed 9 people though.

MattZed
October 9th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Every time there's a mass shooting, it seems like it's some white guy doing it. Are we as a nation not doing enough to give women and minorities equal opportunity to commit this sort of mass violence?

Apocist
October 10th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Obama gets the CIA to plan these shootings so he can take our guns so him and his muslim friends can kill us all with ease.

Rofl, it's just so funny how everyone thinks he's muslim

SuperJack
October 10th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Just visited a shooting gallery in the United States.

Or, as the locals like to call it, a college.

Yukitaka Oni
October 10th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks obama

Slaol
October 10th, 2015, 07:36 PM
The shit is just gona happen.

Literally (literally) nothing we can do about it man. Let's just arm everyone with a gun to discourage the use of guns. It's gonna happen anyway, might as well increase guns to let everyone be able to respond to gun with more guns.

Yukitaka Oni
October 10th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Join Soviet Union, gun will be ban. There will be hope

Apocist
October 11th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Deter people away from gun crimes by giving everyone a gun. That way not only criminals will have them.

Klingoncelt
October 12th, 2015, 03:59 AM
"Criminals" didn't have them. There are so many loopholes in US gun laws that a baby can legally get a gun. Or an escaped criminal can. Or a total schizoid can.

Orpz
October 23rd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Put 320 million people in the same place and someone will kill someone. The shit is just gona happen. Its only a question of what gains exposure to the drive by media and and where they take that conversation.

I did hear about a community college shooting the other day that killed 9 people though.

China's population is over 4x that of the United States, their GDPPC is nearly 9x less, but the murder rate per 100k is 1.0 compared to US's 4.7

And
Tennessee State University got shot up today, the college shootings are becoming almost routine news

Brendan
October 23rd, 2015, 11:51 AM
China's population is over 4x that of the United States, their GDPPC is nearly 9x less, but the murder rate per 100k is 1.0 compared to US's 4.7

And
Tennessee State University got shot up today, the college shootings are becoming almost routine news
China sucks tho

Orpz
October 23rd, 2015, 11:53 AM
China sucks tho

It really does, which is why it's shocking that their murder rate is so much lower

Brendan
October 23rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
It really does, which is why it's shocking that their murder rate is so much lower

culture is v different and it's hard to shoot with no gun. also wtf is a chinese college rofl

Yukitaka Oni
October 23rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Try Vietnam, no gun shoot I swear. Only stab, car accident and rape is common :/

NoctiZ
October 23rd, 2015, 12:37 PM
culture is v different and it's hard to shoot with no gun. also wtf is a chinese college rofl

So you're saying that having no guns is the reason for their lower murder rate?

Glad you see the light

Brendan
October 23rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
So you're saying that having no guns is the reason for their lower murder rate?

Glad you see the light

no im saying it's hard to shoot up a college when u dont have colleges and guns. on topic.

MikeZed
October 23rd, 2015, 03:21 PM
Pffft Typical.

Mattcall
October 23rd, 2015, 03:22 PM
Pffft Typical.

I understand how you feel.

yzb25
October 23rd, 2015, 03:37 PM
I'm British, so I have to try and understand you cretins from a distance.

What is the typical, American view on gun control? Does the average American agree with all that "freedom to own a gun" stuff? Obviously Libs say one thing and Repubs say another but what about the average Joe that isn't that political think?

Klingoncelt
October 23rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
I'm British, so I have to try and understand you cretins from a distance.

What is the typical, American view on gun control? Does the average American agree with all that "freedom to own a gun" stuff? Obviously Libs say one thing and Repubs say another but what about the average Joe that isn't that political think?

The majority believe in gun ownership, but want controls like background checks, waiting periods, and limited sales to keep the crazies out.

DarknessB
October 23rd, 2015, 04:48 PM
The majority believe in gun ownership, but want controls like background checks, waiting periods, and limited sales to keep the crazies out.

America is pretty polarized so it's hard to say what the average American things, but this is pretty accurate, I'd say. Most Americans probably think there should be a right of gun ownership in an absolute sense, but feel that there could probably be more stringent restrictions than there are right now, especially in terms of all the shootings by mentally ill people, who often have small armories at their disposal in terms of weapons with firepower beyond what any normal person would ever need for protection / recreational use.

Elixir
October 24th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I don't get it either. Australia has always had the tightest gun control measures out and I don't think anyone in this country wants anything to do with them. One of the lowest gun related violence ratings as a result. Argue correlation doesn't equal causation all you like but the numbers are there worldwide.

Recreational guns are among the stupidest things I can imagine. If you want to kill something in your spare time just start smoking and kill your alveoli.

Megatimerman
October 24th, 2015, 08:52 PM
One time there were shooting outside of my campus two month ago. shit just seriously :/