PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Dinner

Orpz
October 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have any good recipes for a vegetarian dinner? Preferably high protein. Thanks in advance 😇

Slaol
October 7th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Does anyone have any good recipes for a vegetarian dinner? Preferably high protein. Thanks in advance ��

Your girl turn vegetarian on you and you're trying to impress her? But still gotta get that swole on?

MattZed
October 7th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Make soup! Tofu (the softer the better--don't get extra firm)+Mushrooms (Mushroom powder also good for adding flavor to the broth)+ spinach+olives+tomatoes+celery+whatever greens you have lying around. Serve with garlic bread to be fancy.

Yukitaka Oni
October 7th, 2015, 07:24 PM
More juice and fruits

Orpz
October 7th, 2015, 07:25 PM
My girl converted partially (twice a week), and as a show of support, I promised to be vegetarian on the first Thursday of every month.

Tofu sounds amazing, I was pretty much planning to sustain myself off of eggs, tofu, and broccoli and bananas

Slaol
October 7th, 2015, 07:31 PM
My girl converted partially (twice a week), and as a show of support, I promised to be vegetarian on the first Thursday of every month.

Tofu sounds amazing, I was pretty much planning to sustain myself off of eggs, tofu, and broccoli and bananas

Get her a head of iceberg lettuce. Eat a steak.
Make sure to say "Don't say I don't ever do anything for you." when you give it to her.

Then download tinder.

Brendan
October 7th, 2015, 07:52 PM
what is the point of being a vegetarian twice a week

DarknessB
October 7th, 2015, 07:55 PM

I think it's either a hippie (meat is ecologically more wasteful than non-meat) or health-related (less fat, calories on the whole, etc.) thing. Basically nutty BS reasons, lol.

Slaol
October 7th, 2015, 07:55 PM

moral highground in arguments without doing anything. it's like converting to baptism so you can make black jokes then never going to church

Bunny
October 7th, 2015, 08:07 PM
I love stuffed peppers with quinoa and black beans and hot salsa! Lots of jalapeņos wth avocado and cilantro to top!

Bunny
October 7th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Ooh and spaghetti squash with lentil tomato sauce and parm is good.

Klingoncelt
October 8th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Peanut butter sandwiches. On whole wheat bread.

DarknessB
October 8th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Doesn't really meet the high protein criteria, but homemade pizza is really good. How can you ever argue with pizza? Pile on your favorite non-meat toppings and you can't go wrong. If you'd eat it anyway, it's not as much of a tough deal.

Orpz
October 8th, 2015, 01:17 PM
holy fuck guys it's 13 hours in and im contemplating having a nap for lunch and then sleep for dinner

so this is what Auschwitz prisoners felt like

Cryptonic
October 8th, 2015, 01:52 PM
holy fuck guys it's 13 hours in and im contemplating having a nap for lunch and then sleep for dinner

so this is what Auschwitz prisoners felt like

Are you eating higher amounts of gluten and starch to fill yourself up?
If so, that's why you're tired. I find when I increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in my diet, the opposite effect happens.

SuperJack
October 8th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Www.soylent.com

That is a way to become a vegetarian.

Bunny
October 8th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Vegetarians need to be constantly snacking on fruits and veggies all day long to fill them up. Ie. Think rabbits and cows! I was a vegetarian for like 10 years or something and it really wreaked havoc on my body.

Frog
October 8th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Does anyone have any good recipes for a vegetarian dinner? Preferably high protein. Thanks in advance 😇

(Meh, I see no reason to respect the self-imposed if it's just me.)

I sent a cookbook DL in skype that has some recipes.

If you want to go strict vegetarian, you know the Drill.
GOMAD :-P

High Protein Foods:

Dairy
Milk
Greek Yogurt

Carbs
Quinoa - best
Lentils - also great
Protein bread (if you can find it)

Protein
Eggs - a LOT of this. If you're lifting the cholesterol turns into testosterone, so only eat more than 3 a day if you're lifting heavy. Side effects of testosterone: growth, emotions, balding.
Soy - avoid this if you're not a woman. It facilitates oestrogen production and the side effects (fat storage, emotions).

Amino Acid Complex - foods that when eaten together form a full protein
Rice(wild is better)+Beans (black, kidney, not baked beans)
Bread (whole wheats, ezekiel, etc.) + natural peanut/almond butter (smart choice is good, the rest mostly suck)

Nuts
Almonds
Walnuts

Seeds
Chia - throw it in your shakes

Super Food
Avocado

Just so you don't think I'm a keyboard guru, this is me 1 year after a 3 month body brace after breaking practically every bone in my back (vertebrae, ribs, etc.). I started at 6'2'' (after shrinking from 6'4'' from the trauma) 155 lbs after the body brace and went to 205 lbs 6'3'' (late growth spurt). In the pic I cut to ~195 lbs.

If you want some more tips on nutrition, I can give you more info but it depends what you're training or dieting for.