PDA

View Full Version : I just found out I got backstabbed

RLVG
October 7th, 2015, 09:46 AM
A friend of mine asked to borrow the mobile phone, I'm like "Sure", my friend had the call.
Casually waiting by reading a magasine.
The friend gives me the mobile phone back and thanks me.

Then I discover that I suddenly am subscribed to some bullshit thing.

My friend were calling someone regarding some stuff - but right after the call, a scammer company coincidentally called and my friend "listened" to them and agreed to try out a free 14 days trial of something - to confirm this by sending a code to the SMS received.
This has the terms that if it's not unsubscribed withing 14 days, an automatic purchase is made once a month.

Fuck you. Friendship broken, you didn't tell me jack shit about this.
I'm now going through that company's "support email" to perform a fucking unsubscription.

It's been 3-4 days, but good thing I detected this early.

Helz
October 7th, 2015, 09:55 AM
That sucks bro.

I believe you can cut that off through your phone company. I usually go to my credit card or phone company to settle things instead of dealing with whatever shithole scam company's support system. Its a lot easier and faster.

RLVG
October 7th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I believe you can cut that off through your phone company.

I do not have a subscription on my mobile phone. I use Telenor +Cash cards (for example adding 200NOK).
Would that matter?

Edit : How are they even going to get the money out of me?

Cryptonic
October 7th, 2015, 10:03 AM
What.. Why would your friend answer your phone and then agree to shit lol.
Ask him for the money, say he's screwing you over.

Cryptonic
October 7th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I do not have a subscription on my mobile phone. I use Telenor +Cash cards (for example adding 200NOK).
Would that matter?

Edit : How are they even going to get the money out of me?

Yea, I don't know how they'll get the money out of you. Especially if you don't have a plan on it. I mean, they can't add it to your phone... Maybe just call your phone company and tell them to remove that. Or get a new phone, since you're not using a plan lmao

RLVG
October 7th, 2015, 10:08 AM
What.. Why would your friend answer your phone and then agree to shit lol.
Ask him for the money, say he's screwing you over.

He will obviously not give me the money, and there's no evidence that it wasn't me unless the company themselves recorded the conversation so I can't really go legal against him either.

Yea, I don't know how they'll get the money out of you. Especially if you don't have a plan on it. I mean, they can't add it to your phone... Maybe just call your phone company and tell them to remove that. Or get a new phone, since you're not using a plan lmao

I'm not sure regarding Norway, but subscriptions might be possible as long as they have your Address, Post ID, Name, Birthday and an agreement.
For all I know, the company already knew about that information but required an agreement.

I'm not going to change my Sony Xperia Z, and I'm not sure I can call a phone company since I'm using cash-cards.

Edit : Debt Collection might be a way to get my money.

Cryptonic
October 7th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I don't think they can hold you to anything, especially based on a verbal agreement that wasn't in person, nor a conversation where they confirmed your identity using personal information.

Also, by new phone, I mean just get a new SIM

Also pt 2, if there is no evidence that it wasn't you that made the agreement, there is also no evidence that it was you.
I think you're fine.

RLVG
October 7th, 2015, 10:17 AM
there is also no evidence that it was you.

My own mobile phone, having received an agreement plan via SMS which require sending SMS to them with a specific code, has sendt said code to agree to the plan, with a confirmation SMS returned.

Edit : My mobile phone, obviously has my name linked to it.

Klingoncelt
October 8th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Just call and unsubscribe.

Then mail in one of those postcard things that they have in magazines (pick the dorkiest mag you can find) and sign your "friend" up for 2-3 years' worth.