PDA

View Full Version : Connect Online

Voss
September 7th, 2015, 04:11 PM
If I were to make this available online, how would you want 'chat rooms' to work?

Possible ideas I've had were:
-starcraft2 style single lobby
-long form, log in and check what new messages are there, similar to how forums work.

I'm moving on to that soon, as soon as I get local wifi connections to work.

Brendan
September 7th, 2015, 05:27 PM
lobby?

Stealthbomber16
September 7th, 2015, 05:36 PM
If I were to make this available online, how would you want 'chat rooms' to work?

Possible ideas I've had were:
-starcraft2 style single lobby
-long form, log in and check what new messages are there, similar to how forums work.

I'm moving on to that soon, as soon as I get local wifi connections to work.

I think the long form wont work unless you're dedicated. But if this were to come out to a position that I could use I'd definitely use both.

I recommend using the small version first and then seeing how people play. Every platform with mafia on it has a different meta.

Voss
September 7th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I think the long form wont work unless you're dedicated. But if this were to come out to a position that I could use I'd definitely use both.

I recommend using the small version first and then seeing how people play. Every platform with mafia on it has a different meta.

Long form would be something like a notification that someone 'responded to a thread' or checking in on it from time to time.

I was going to start with the small version sc2 lobby style first, unless I got newer/better ideas.

TimeTrx
September 8th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Single lobby is probably better but spammers are going to have a field day in it.

Cryptonic
September 11th, 2015, 06:39 PM
long form
make it customizable like FM tooooooo

Stealthbomber16
September 12th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I think short form at first. The long form would have to be an extension.

Voss
September 14th, 2015, 10:00 AM
long form
make it customizable like FM tooooooo

it totally is customizable. It supports games like fragos's 5 team mafia, though it doesn't have GUI support for it yet.