PDA

View Full Version : Braces

Stealthbomber16
July 1st, 2015, 09:38 AM
I got mine on today.

Stories about braces from any of you guys?

Cryptonic
July 1st, 2015, 09:52 AM
Had mine for about 1.5 years. They're annoying, but you forget about them. Tightening them really sucks lol

SparkNuts
July 1st, 2015, 10:05 AM
I think I had them for 3 years or something. They aren't bad at all, the worst part was needing to wear a retainer for a while after.

deathworlds
July 1st, 2015, 10:06 AM
lol almost all my friends had braces, while I shined with my near perfect teeth.

They kinda hated me for it.

Stealthbomber16
July 1st, 2015, 10:06 AM
My orthodontist only put the top ones on today and the bottom molars.

The bottom molars suck.

NoctiZ
July 11th, 2015, 08:02 AM
My lower jaw was standing out so the teeth were in front of the top ones. I only had molars on my top teeth and I had to wear a retainer at the bottom and use elastic bands to tie the retainer to the molars (only during the night tho). Shit was annoying but you get used to it. As others have said, retightening was shitty. Especially because eating stuff hurt a bit directly after the tightening for a day or two.

SuperJack
July 11th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Had them, they worked. Did good, No Problem.

Mugy
July 11th, 2015, 07:05 PM
The first week is horrid, you regret ever agreeing to have them on because they hurt with the slightest touch. Then after two weeks you forget about them. No regrets now.

Orpz
July 11th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I had them from fifth to seventh grade. They're vagina repellent. Or maybe that's just cause I was fat in those grades.

But once you get them off, your teeth will look marvelous and it's 100% worth it.

Your orthodontist should have given you a rough estimate of how long you need braces for. The average person forgets/intentionally doesn't wear their rubber bands a lot, so if you're diligent about wearing those, you should shave a few months off the total time.

Wear your retainers after you get braces off for at least three years. It's still recommended that I wear retainers once a night but I haven't worn them since 10th grade and my teeth look the same now.

Always wear a mouth guard in contact sports. You'll be called a faggot a lot but it's way better than having your braces shred your cheeks and be extended because someone knocked your teeth around.

If you need inspiration for maintaining your braces,
<------------ :blink1:

Brendan
July 12th, 2015, 11:27 PM
wear the retainer
I had this before I could have braces
http://i.imgur.com/d1zkIBk.jpg