PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Thinking Puzzle #4 - WUT DUH FAYACK!?

Pedobear
November 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Lateral Thinking Puzzle #4 - Wut Duh Fayack!?

The Puzzle:

Rainbow Dash competed in a 40 yard Dash. She ran 42 yards and won the race, but Pinkie Pie ran 56 yards and lost the race.

Why the fuck did my sexy sponsor lose?

Dust
November 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Two differing definitions of "yards". One is the measuring definition. The other is like a garden (using British English) yard. The 42 garden yards were longer than the 56 measuring yards. Is this isn't right then you suck balls :P

TheWaaagh
November 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
I'm going to guess that it's because in a 40 yard dash the distance after 40 yards is irrelevant, it's all about time. Pinkie Pie lost because even though she ran a longer distance, she didn't complete 40 yards quicker than Rainbow Dash.

If it's not that, then I'm going to guess that Pinkie Pie's longer yardage is due to her forgetting something at the start of the race, or trying to help someone that tripped, and that's why she it would seem that she ran for a longer distance when in reality it was still the same 40 yards.

If it's not dust's or either of those, then I got nothing.

Pedobear
November 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I'm going to guess that it's because in a 40 yard dash the distance after 40 yards is irrelevant, it's all about time. Pinkie Pie lost because even though she ran a longer distance, she didn't complete 40 yards quicker than Rainbow Dash.

If it's not that, then I'm going to guess that Pinkie Pie's longer yardage is due to her forgetting something at the start of the race, or trying to help someone that tripped, and that's why she it would seem that she ran for a longer distance when in reality it was still the same 40 yards.

If it's not dust's or either of those, then I got nothing.

Close already, but no.

CptGorilla
November 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Pinky Pie ran in the wrong direction.

Pedobear
November 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Pinky Pie ran in the wrong direction.

irrelevant

SilentShadow
November 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
My guess was that Rainbow finished the 40 yards faster than Pinkie, and stopped herself in just two yards, while pinkie being a fat ass (or something like that) ran slower and took longer (16 yards) to slow herself down. Pinkie might have acumulated the extra yards by backtracking or running around something instead of running straight. Writing that made me think of another possibility where something large fell and blocked Pinkies path as she was running making her have to run an extra distance around it while Rainbow beat out the object and kept going straight.

wolfcheese
November 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Just a guess but...pinkie pie wasn't in the race to begin with? Or was in a different race than the 40 yard dash? ???

AscendedOne
November 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Just a guess but...pinkie pie wasn't in the race to begin with? Or was in a different race than the 40 yard dash? ???

To be able to lose something, you have to be participating. You can "not win" something, that you didn't participate in tho. Just sayin, probably not right...

wolfcheese
November 6th, 2011, 10:09 AM
That doesn't rule out my second answer. Pinkie Pie lost an event, but not the same thing that Rainbow Dash won. There is nothing saying that Pinkie Pie was competing that same race. (Of course you could get anal about how it says "lost the race" in the riddle, but I prefer not to hinge guesses on the intricacies of a single definite article.)

And to be fair, there are such games such as "the game", which everyone loses upon mention whether they are (voluntarily) participating or not.

Sookie
November 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Lateral Thinking Puzzle #4 - Wut Duh Fayack!?

The Puzzle:

Rainbow Dash competed in a 40 yard Dash. She ran 42 yards and won the race, but Pinkie Pie ran 56 yards and lost the race.

Why the fuck did my sexy sponsor lose?
Rainbow Dash flew the first 14 yards, the 40 yard "Dash" only began when Rainbow Dashes hooves touched the ground. it also took her 2 yards to slow her self down from running to a complete stop. there for she only "ran" 42 yards.

rainbow dash is a Pegasus pony after all, she can fly. she doesn't need to "run" an entire race. she just ran the "40 yard dash" to the finish.

did i win? :D