PDA

View Full Version : Trying to develop new meta set up

wightsnow
May 23rd, 2011, 02:00 AM
I don't usually host, but would like to start. At the same time, I want to explore new meta-game possibilities. I'm thinking of disabling last wills and enabling PMs.

Please listen to the reasoning: disabling the last will allows the mafia more options to deal with power roles (most games are still favoring town from setup). To make it so every sheriff and investigator won't have to say everything as soon as they find out, the PMs would allow them to create "living wills" in people they have cleared. This would create many other situations like giving SK's a better chance (they desperately need it most games), indirectly buff to blackmailer, and perhaps make more varied compositions in set up.

Faceless
May 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
I've always really liked PMing, but sometimes I feel like the only person who appreciates it. In almost every game I enable it in, the masses start whining. And if that fails, then the first person to use the PM feature after the game starts will almost certainly be lynched. Everyone usually says "OMFG THAT GUY JUST WHISPERED HE MUST BE A SUPER OMEGA GODFATHER SERIAL KILLER LYNCH HIM!", or something along those lines.

wightsnow
May 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
What's funny is that last night goonswarm hosted a game with PM saying it's going to be a super meta game, and no one used it. People keep complaining about it, but I've yet to see anything close to it deciding a game.

Clawtrocity
May 23rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the main thing people don't understand is that the PM system is in game and it's not based on battle.net. When they actually see "x whispers y" they're like OH NEAT CAN I TRY!?

The way you want to set it up does make it a lot more realistic. In a setting where a bunch of townspeople keep getting murdered one by one you don't just go "Oh I'll wait til everyone is dead including myself before I let them know who is who"

A setup with last wills off and PM on could with roles like:
Sheriff
Sheriff
Investigator
Doctor
Doctor
Random Town
Adv Town
Adv Town
Godfather (Immunity,No Detect,Can kill)
Random Mafia
Adv Mafia
SK/Arson
Random Neutral
Adv Neutral

Anything less than 3 guarunteed checking roles could be deadly. Another good role would be the Anti Sheriff. Some mafia role that when checked appears as a sheriff. That way if the investigator whispers the sheriff asking "Check orange he has knives I want to see if he is SK or doc" he might be whispering the mafia with that info.

If Goon's godfather pecking order killing thing goes into place then maybe making Mafioso immune to detect by making him "Patrol the streets" would be a good change.

wightsnow
May 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Claw. I might try doing this setup in a channel premade (warning people that it's experimental first).