PDA

View Full Version : i have fear of social media

Ash
May 23rd, 2015, 11:47 PM
how do i get into it without being an attention whore guys??? how did u guys get into it at first? why? and is it actually worth the trouble, or is it better to just lurk?

srs question by the way

Slaol
May 24th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Frankly lurking is the better experience. It fuels the need to silently judge others.

If you want to get engaged I suggest finding some way you could make money off of it, I think that's the most reasonable way to immediately care about it. And once you're rolling hard enough you will connect with the inner attention whore so hard you'll just slowly replace parts of your body with uplinks to social media, and become Scarlett Johansson at the end of that terrible Limitless remake.

SuperJack
May 24th, 2015, 01:01 AM
I join so I can scroll through all of my female friends pictures whilst I cry to myself because they are not with Me.

Orpz
May 24th, 2015, 02:16 AM
I join so I can take comfort in how little of a future my exes have

Bunny
May 24th, 2015, 07:43 AM
if you're likeable join in, if you're a dick join in, if you're neither don't bother.

NoctiZ
May 24th, 2015, 08:12 AM
if you're likeable join in, if you're a dick join in, if you're neither don't bother.

I wouldn't see myself as either but I enjoy seeing what others are up to :p

Cryptonic
May 24th, 2015, 09:20 AM
If you have lots of friends irl, then you'll already be using social media as said attention whore

Otherwise, no point to it, really.

Firebringer
May 24th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I am both of these things. WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!?!?!?!?!?

Bunny
May 24th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't see myself as either but I enjoy seeing what others are up to :p
You're particularly likeable, NoctiZ.

BananaCucho
May 24th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Only worthwhile social media site is Facebook. Troll my friends and family by posting tons of shit that goes against their beliefs and way of life that I don't agree with (I live in super conservative Utah). Trolling is fun.

watermeloann
May 24th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Only worthwhile social media site is Facebook. Troll my friends and family by posting tons of shit that goes against their beliefs and way of life that I don't agree with (I live in super conservative Utah). Trolling is fun.

Don't forget Snapchat :P

BananaCucho
May 24th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Don't forget Snapchat :P
Snapchats gross

Orpz
May 24th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Snapchats gross

snapchat is my favorite. I straight up stopped asking girls for their number and for their snapchats instead.

Bruno
May 24th, 2015, 11:56 PM
snapchat is a lot easier to get from a girl, and it's a good way to gauge interest

from there its ez to just get a number and it doesnt take as much courage

Frog
May 25th, 2015, 12:19 PM
how do i get into it

Step.1.

Friend Crypt on facebook.

Step.2.

Victory

===================================

I use it as a place to share albums (mostly private) and instant message my current locations to IRL friends.

If you want to be active in social media land, be active in real life and get tagged in stuff people put up.

Avoid any games through social media including but not limited to:
Farmville, Candycrush, etc.

BananaCucho
May 25th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Yeah the quickest way to lose friends is by sending candy crush invites

Bunny
May 25th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Step.1.

Friend Crypt on facebook.

Step.2.

Victory

===================================

I use it as a place to share albums (mostly private) and instant message my current locations to IRL friends.

If you want to be active in social media land, be active in real life and get tagged in stuff people put up.

Avoid any games through social media including but not limited to:
Farmville, Candycrush, etc.

Cryptonic is a poor friend on facebook

Orpz
May 25th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Cryptonic is a poor friend on facebook

This is true. There are some pictures of Felix on fb that Crypt did not Like. smh

NoctiZ
May 25th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I love liking pictures of Felix, Bunny and Crapt

watermeloann
May 25th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Dude , snapchat is the best!!

Frog
May 25th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I love liking pictures of Felix, Bunny and Crapt

I liked the Bunny's last pics because whales are op.

Bunny
May 25th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I liked the Bunny's last pics because whales are op.
Like my post but don't add me as a friend lol. Whales are da bomb.com tho lol they are all the rage in baby boy clothes

Frog
May 25th, 2015, 07:00 PM
fixed.

Expect to learn about every zynga game imaginable. :laugh: