PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Thinking Puzzle #2 - Pony AKSIDENT!! (Solved!)

Pedobear
October 28th, 2011, 05:06 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4559980/pinkielateral2.png

Rules:

Okay, so these things are little riddles called "lateral thinking puzzles"!! They suggest situations that sound really weird, but make so much more sense once you explain them. Yes, YOU!!!! Your job in this fun little thread is to solve the riddle... and you have as many guesses as you like!!!

If you were just guessing, though, we'd probably be here all day. So, you can also ask an unlimited number of yes or no questions! I will answer everypony's questions with "yes", "no", or "irrelevant", irrelevant as in you're asking something that just has nothing to do with the answer, silly!

If nopony gets the answer for a while, I'll give you all a hint! I usually have at least a couple of juicy hints for every riddle, so feel free to ask for one if you're collectively stumped! :D

Be careful, though! These questions can be really tricky, and you often have to take a step to the side in your assumptions to set your hooves back on the right path. You gotta think laterally!

The Puzzle:

Twillight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash were in a carriage accident. An ponee-ambulance took Rainbow Dash to a hospital 4 miles away and Twillight Sparkle was taken to a different hospital which was fifty miles from the accident. When Twillight Sparkle went into surgery the surgeon said "I can't operate on this patient because she is my daughter"!

How can this be?!

The answer:

They had a surprise baby.

Dust
October 28th, 2011, 05:40 PM
The surgeon was Twilight's mother.

Pedobear
October 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
The surgeon was Twilight's mother.

No.

CptGorilla
October 28th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Is the fact that Twilight Sparkle is a girl and the surgeon said "son" relevant or is it an error?

Pedobear
October 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Is the fact that Twilight Sparkle is a girl and the surgeon said "son" relevant or is it an error?

It was a error, was in a hurry when I was typing this up.

CptGorilla
October 29th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Is Twilight Sparkle the patient?
Is Twilight Sparkle the doctor?
Is Rainbow Dash important?
Is the fact they went to different hospitals important?

nanosystem
October 29th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Did the surgeon lie?

Lukas
October 29th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Twilight is the doctor.

CptGorilla
October 29th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Twilight doesn't have children, silly! She's just a young pony.

Pedobear
October 29th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Is Twilight Sparkle the patient?
Is Twilight Sparkle the doctor?
Is Rainbow Dash important?
Is the fact they went to different hospitals important?

1). Read the OP and this will be answered for you.
2). Irrelevant.
3). Mmmm..define important to me.
4). ^

TheAccusedOne
October 29th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Because the only good pony is a dead pony.

SilentShadow
October 29th, 2011, 03:50 PM
The answer is this:

The surgeon used that as an excuse as to not operate on the pony because he/she wanted the pony to die seeing as it was full of gayness and faggotry. Ponyfags must burn in hell.

CptGorilla
October 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Twillight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash were in a carriage accident. An ponee-ambulance took Rainbow Dash to a hospital 4 miles away and Twillight Sparkle was taken to a different hospital which was fifty miles from the accident. When Twillight Sparkle went into surgery the surgeon said "I can't operate on this patient because she is my daughter"!

A carriage crash would be at low speeds and you could easily walk away. It mentions she was taken, which does not remove the possibility she was not hurt. She could also go into surgery as a doctor, student or observer.

important

Would it be worth while to pursue questions regarding Rainbow Dash?

Pedobear
October 29th, 2011, 06:38 PM

A carriage crash would be at low speeds and you could easily walk away. It mentions she was taken, which does not remove the possibility she was not hurt. She could also go into surgery as a doctor, student or observer.

important

Would it be worth while to pursue questions regarding Rainbow Dash?

The carriage crash was not at low speeds. The carriage was operated by Flying Ponies traveling at speeds at over ~230 mph.

Indeed it would.

RandomNumbers0
October 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
An affair- Rarity with applejack.

They had her without telling.

Pedobear
October 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM
An affair- Rarity with applejack.

They had her without telling.

Solved.

RandomNumbers0
October 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
WHat? Who? I?

Time to kill my bro ;]

Pedobear
October 30th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Si ~senoir.

Anyways, a new puzzle thats slightly harder has been posted.

Goodluck