PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on the Drops

DeadlyAffliction
October 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I know. You probably don't want to hear this but I figured I would give my 2 cents. It has been largely speculated that if you wait too long in the lobby that it will cause you to drop out of the game. However, I have created my own one-man mafia game to create a save and even with a 15 second lobby time I have been dropped. So is the long lobby time just a rumor? I have come to believe it is. Now, whenever you drop the error that comes up states that there was a score screen loading error. It is my assumption that it is not a B.Net problem but maybe a script that is causing difficulty in the game starting up. Never before have I had such a problem with drops than this game has given me. For example: Desert Strike Tug of War, Gem TD, and many other maps I have NEVER experience a drop as of late. So from my point of view I feel as though it is one of Dark.Revenant's scripts or coding (sorry bro). Please correct me if I am mistaken, because I only throw this out there to help trouble shoot the problem. Mafia would be more enjoyable if it was as reliable as the other games available on B.Net.

Ash
October 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I think this is going to be locked, as this is like the third topic about this?

DeadlyAffliction
October 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Yes, and I suppose I will get a lot of hate from this. I'm just tired of dropping and having Dark.Revenant redirect the problem to B.Net when no other game has a dropping problem that I am aware of. And I was curious if anyone else has found said speculation to be true. So, feel free to flame me. Haters gonna hate, and problem solvers are gonna problem solve.

Dark.Revenant
October 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Those other maps have rather simple coding and not much to store in the banks. And the lower player counts.

A big part of it is the bank files, which are large in Mafia. I can probably get rid of the drops, but it will cost you points, achieves, and save slots.

DeadlyAffliction
October 28th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Well that makes sense. I could go without the achievements as some people troll for them. Like a citizen/mafioso only game? Obviously just looking for a specific role win. However, I do value the point system as it gives me something to look forward to after playing awhile, and the save slots help for quick and variable fun. So I guess I can't really complain then. Sorry Dark.Revenant. You've got a point. Suppose you can lock the thread now, and thanks for your input :)

Lazers
October 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
blizzard is gay and composed of fatasses

all the speculation you need

Pedobear
October 28th, 2011, 08:55 PM
STFU BOUT THE DRAWPS.

Btw;

All hayle duh trewlz of amurle.

Ted
October 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM
This has been answered like 40 times >.>

solanoftw
October 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
hello there. I'm a huge fan of mafia and thats my most played map in b.net, almost exclusively. I'm sad that due to the disconnects i play probably 1 game every 2 hours. That being said, isn't the removal of points, achievments and such a small price to pay in return for being able to actually play the game ?

Ted
October 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
hello there. I'm a huge fan of mafia and thats my most played map in b.net, almost exclusively. I'm sad that due to the disconnects i play probably 1 game every 2 hours. That being said, isn't the removal of points, achievments and such a small price to pay in return for being able to actually play the game ?

I assume you are playing pubs. I drop maybe 2% of the time in a pub. I would rather keep my goodies than remove the bank files and shrink game size.

Bergtau
November 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM
Those other maps have rather simple coding and not much to store in the banks. And the lower player counts.

A big part of it is the bank files, which are large in Mafia. I can probably get rid of the drops, but it will cost you points, achieves, and save slots.

Honestly, that is worth it.

Tesseract
November 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
2¢: Save slots are useful, I'd prefer to keep those.
Achievements - fun to see what you have and haven't won as, but not essential.
Points aren't essential either, IMO - I don't really care if I wear a hat or not.

Dark.Revenant
November 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Save slots use up the vast majority of the bank space, so there's no way to have your cake and eat it too.

NorthStar
November 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
The cake is a lie.

Bergtau
November 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
2¢: Save slots are useful, I'd prefer to keep those.
Achievements - fun to see what you have and haven't won as, but not essential.
Points aren't essential either, IMO - I don't really care if I wear a hat or not.

Save slots take 5 minutes to fix. The points are far more important than the save slots IMO, but both are worth sacrificing for not having drops every other game.

Auckmid
November 6th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I think this is going to be locked, as this is like the third topic about this?
Drop speculations have been going on for around 3 months now

Uranium
November 12th, 2011, 06:15 AM
So, Blizzard is responsible for the drops?-_-