PDA

View Full Version : Black and White Mode

Clawtrocity
May 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Here's a suggestion to stop the ever so popular name matching trick thing. Is there anyway that you can just make every name white or black? That way if someone lags or does the stupid cheat/trick then they won't be able to kill people out of spite and they'll need to actually play the way the game was meant to be played.

Again, possibly just a mode since some people enjoy the colors and all that.

Faceless
May 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
I like this idea. The lag box name-color matching is pretty annoying and this seems like a good solution.

Goonswarm
May 21st, 2011, 03:10 PM
From what DR said the amount of coding required to make this change is massive.

Regardless I support it as some players have been using it to abuse and grief others in lobbys.

Clawtrocity
May 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM
From what DR said the amount of coding required to make this change is massive.

Regardless I support it as some players have been using it to abuse and grief others in lobbys.

He did say that, but he also said the same thing about the new random system. It just seems like it's something that needs to be done.

Dark.Revenant
May 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
I said it would be extremely difficult to make a specific role-selection random system. The existing one was difficult to make but the one proposed earlier would have been even more so.

In any case it would be an EXTREMELY tedious change to do this (many hours of doing the same thing over and over, thoughtlessly, and then spending twice that time testing and fixing every single text in the game).

Dark.Revenant
May 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Lolno.

wightsnow
May 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Maybe it's time to start hiring staff.

Pretty sure he doesn't really make much (read: any) money on this.

oops_ur_dead
May 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM

Past the $8000 he made from donations? Maybe.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
May 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM

Past the $12620 he made from donations? Maybe.

Nice revedit.