PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching right now?

NoctiZ
November 25th, 2014, 04:01 PM
And what do you think of it?

I started Hunter x Hunter (2011) recently and I heard it's good. So far I would agree, I'm like 7 episodes in and I enjoy the characters, even though Gon is a bit naive and that Lorion guy or whatever is a bit too goofy for my taste.

Slaol
November 25th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I'm really nothing but Korra. I'm a filthy casual.

ika
November 25th, 2014, 08:47 PM
ive started watching sword art online season 2.

its interesting to see it proceed from season 1 cus i thought it was going to end there

Lysergic
November 25th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I'm waiting on a dub for season 2 of SAO. Normally wouldn't, but I watched the first season dubbed with some friends back home right before I moved, and I don't like transitioning from watching dub-to-sub and vice-versa (the same reason why, to this day, I CANNOT watch subbed Cowboy Bebop).

I've been working my way through Magi, but it's kinda meh.

Apocist
November 25th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Parasyte has been a good series so far

Helios
November 25th, 2014, 11:08 PM
I just finished M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane yesterday, wasnt to bad. Gonna start watching Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan next. And otherwise I´m watching 80% of the ongoing season, Parasyte is my favourite so far. Also whoever didnt watched Akama ga Kill until now should start it.^^

NoctiZ
December 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM
I just finished M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane yesterday, wasnt to bad. Gonna start watching Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan next. And otherwise I´m watching 80% of the ongoing season, Parasyte is my favourite so far. Also whoever didnt watched Akama ga Kill until now should start it.^^

I usually watch the current season once it finishes, at which point it's the previous season. :D

Brendan
December 2nd, 2014, 12:58 PM
I liked elfen lied a lot (it was my first legit anime imo and prob my favorite so far). Can anyone recommend a similar anime? I need something to watch that's already out there. I'm keeping up with the new sailor moon, Naruto, SAO, and terraformars. Recently I watched FMA brotherhood over the span of about a week. Prob going to continue where I left off with inuyasha soon. I need things to do lol

NoctiZ
December 2nd, 2014, 04:10 PM
I liked elfen lied a lot (it was my first legit anime imo and prob my favorite so far). Can anyone recommend a similar anime? I need something to watch that's already out there. I'm keeping up with the new sailor moon, Naruto, SAO, and terraformars. Recently I watched FMA brotherhood over the span of about a week. Prob going to continue where I left off with inuyasha soon. I need things to do lol

It depends on what you liked about Elfenlied (I for one didn't like it as much, I feel like it tried to be deeper than it actually could be).

If you liked the gore and intense scenes then I recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni aka "When They Cry".

Mirai Nikki is good with the psychological aspect while having bloody scenes, too.

If you specify what you liked I could probably recommend more to you.

Brendan
December 2nd, 2014, 05:30 PM
It depends on what you liked about Elfenlied (I for one didn't like it as much, I feel like it tried to be deeper than it actually could be).

If you liked the gore and intense scenes then I recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni aka "When They Cry".

Mirai Nikki is good with the psychological aspect while having bloody scenes, too.

If you specify what you liked I could probably recommend more to you.

it was deep fam

NoctiZ
December 3rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
it was deep fam

goddam u r an amateur

i need to git out and preserv mah weeaboo lvls

Brendan
December 5th, 2014, 11:35 AM
goddam u r an amateur

i need to git out and preserv mah weeaboo lvls

:'(

Orpz
December 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Brotherhood was good

Just finished Hitman Reborn

NoctiZ
December 6th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Brotherhood was good

Just finished Hitman Reborn

I dropped Hitman Reborn after 40-something episodes. I just can't stand the flat characters. Atleast that's how I perceived most of them. It's not my kind of Shounen, even though I enjoy a lot of them. Even the aspect of - whoever the heck the protagonist's name is - powering up to become a badass can't keep me watching. :A

Helios
December 7th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I dropped Hitman Reborn after 40-something episodes. I just can't stand the flat characters. Atleast that's how I perceived most of them. It's not my kind of Shounen, even though I enjoy a lot of them. Even the aspect of - whoever the heck the protagonist's name is - powering up to become a badass can't keep me watching. :A

You didnt missed much, the anime ends right before he actually becomes the badass character. XD

NoctiZ
December 8th, 2014, 11:01 AM
You didnt missed much, the anime ends right before he actually becomes the badass character. XD

Yeah, I figured somewhat. If I enjoyed the other aspects of the series then it wouldn't matter as much but I don't like it as it is. :D

Orpz
December 8th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I've only read the manga for Hitman Reborn. I thought the characters were pretty charming, even if they weren't that interesting. The fights are pretty cool imo.

Chrome is my waifu

Ash
December 8th, 2014, 05:39 PM
finished code geass today, really good anime imo

NoctiZ
December 9th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I've only read the manga for Hitman Reborn. I thought the characters were pretty charming, even if they weren't that interesting. The fights are pretty cool imo.

Chrome is my waifu

I can relate to them being charming, but the fights bored me and the characters weren't funny to me so I couldn't enjoy it.

finished code geass today, really good anime imo

Nice, Code Geass is pretty great indeed. Long time ago that I finished it, but I probably won't rewatch it.

Helz
December 9th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Just watched two seasons of "Black Mirror". Some of that show made me feel kind of weird but it was very interesting. Can't say I have seen anything like it.

Ash
December 9th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Nice, Code Geass is pretty great indeed. Long time ago that I finished it, but I probably won't rewatch it.
yea the ending is pretty good. i shouldve watched it a long time ago, however i used to think anime was a waste of time. i thought it wouldve been like MLP except filled with lollis

but now ive discovered masterpieces... idk what to watch next, probably death note. watched code geass: Akito the exiled, but its only 2 episodes

Helios
December 10th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Akito goes up to 4 episodes, but they come out only every 3 month so some time to wait there.^^

NoctiZ
December 11th, 2014, 11:52 AM
yea the ending is pretty good. i shouldve watched it a long time ago, however i used to think anime was a waste of time. i thought it wouldve been like MLP except filled with lollis

but now ive discovered masterpieces... idk what to watch next, probably death note. watched code geass: Akito the exiled, but its only 2 episodes

I love Death Note, it was one of my first animes and it's so suspenseful and I love genius protagonists.

Brendan
December 17th, 2014, 10:15 PM
OOPPPLLKKJJUUD231

sick post bro

Helios
December 18th, 2014, 06:46 AM
sick post bro

Beware he has ICQ Kappa

Apocist
January 11th, 2015, 08:52 PM
ummmm....mods...? anyone...? Does no one manage the forums and remove spam anymore...?

Deantwo
January 12th, 2015, 12:14 AM
ummmm....mods...? anyone...? Does no one manage the forums and remove spam anymore...?

Would if I could. ^^;
But I am seemingly only a mod of Infraction Discussion now a days. o.o

Anyway, back to topic.

I recently watched Future Diary (http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/mirai-nikki-tv), great anime.
If you don't mind the crazy and the blood. ^^;

Mugy
January 12th, 2015, 04:38 AM
We've had a bit of an explosion in the number of bots and spammers recently. Spent half an hour cleaning up yesterday. Looks like I didn't find them all.

Brendan
January 12th, 2015, 12:35 PM

Eh I always report them, that's the best I can do.

Apocist
January 15th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I recently watched Future Diary (http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/mirai-nikki-tv), great anime.
If you don't mind the crazy and the blood. ^^;

The crazy was the best part of it. Apo is finishing off "I Couldn't Become a Hero So I Reluctantly Decided To Get a Job". Nice and ecchi

Apocist
January 16th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Mawaru Penguindrum (http://myanimelist.net/anime/10721/Mawaru_Penguindrum)

Brendan
January 17th, 2015, 05:08 PM
watching death note rn lol

Deantwo
January 19th, 2015, 04:28 AM
The crazy was the best part of it. Apo is finishing off "I Couldn't Become a Hero So I Reluctantly Decided To Get a Job". Nice and ecchi

I liked the whole time-travel thing best!
I should have seen it coming, but I didn't! Was awesome!

Oh and yeah that is on my "want to watch" list too. ^^

Right now I am watching Dragonaut: The Resonance (http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/dragonaut-the-resonance).

Orpz
February 8th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Finished season 1 of Attack on Titan last week. I can't get over how hot the Female Titan is.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/348/f/a/female_titan_by_jxbp-d6xys98.png

Apocist
February 9th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Finished season 1 of Attack on Titan last week. I can't get over how hot the Female Titan is.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/348/f/a/female_titan_by_jxbp-d6xys98.png

The manga was so much better

Orpz
February 10th, 2015, 12:05 AM
The manga was so much better

yeah I caught up in the manga. Can't wait til next chapter comes out, it'll be pretty much Armored Titan vs Colossal Titan

MasterNinja
February 10th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Parasyte the maxim (Not FOR Under 15 Atleast)
Naruto
One Piece
jojo's crazy adventure "Not for under 15 either"
The new demon child or some shit like that. the new devil sister or something.

Shifty
February 10th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Toradora! and Gintama when I'm in the mood for something silly to watch.

NoctiZ
February 19th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Right now I'm watching Amagi Brilliant Park, good for a bit of silly fun.

Jacqueline Kennedy
February 19th, 2015, 03:28 PM
naruto bleach Sprited away Fairy Tail

Apocist
February 23rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
Durararararararararara season 2 is out <3

FYRE_IX
February 25th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Currently watching End of Evangelion, don't think I like it that much compared to the anime.

Archangeltothe69
February 25th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Kiss x Sis. A story about two step-sisters loving their brother.

NoctiZ
February 27th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I just finished Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, amazing SoL/Comedy/Romance, 10/10. Really enjoyed it a lot.

Apocist
February 28th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Kiss x Sis. A story about two step-sisters loving their brother.

Need to watch, but there's no way it can beat the manga

Slaol
February 28th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Need to watch, but there's no way it can beat the manga

Maybe it's not trying to?

Kat-chan
January 5th, 2016, 02:03 PM
The last two animes I watched: Golden time, Akagami no Shirayukihime => both of them were great soo make sure you watch them o/

Yukitaka Oni
January 5th, 2016, 02:06 PM
I'm really nothing but Korra. I'm a filthy casual.
Do you watch in full HD?
Does it 1080 ?
Does it lag while you watching?
If there is 1 of these above you have trouble then you are filthy casual v(x.o(<
If not: Divine Hybrid Master Race PC confirmed

Shenmue
January 6th, 2016, 01:52 AM
I've been watching Gungrave lately, really liking it so far, would recommend watching it if you like darker and serious shows.

SuperJack
January 6th, 2016, 02:50 AM
I'm watching one of you right now >->

Shenmue
January 6th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Is that why there's someone with binoculars staring into my window right now? I thought he was just testing them out to make sure they work...

NoctiZ
January 6th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Is that why there's someone with binoculars staring into my window right now? I thought he was just testing them out to make sure they work...

I can confirm they do work.

SuperJack
January 6th, 2016, 12:29 PM
I can confirm they do work.

Me to. I can see through mine that noctiz has a great pair of working binoculars.

secondpassing
January 14th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I've been watching Gungrave lately, really liking it so far, would recommend watching it if you like darker and serious shows.
That's quite an old anime. 2003.
But heck it's about MAFIA. I'll try an episode.

secondpassing
January 14th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Gate

8/10 military and fantasy
Main character isn't a douche

Thornholt
January 14th, 2016, 02:19 PM
GATE is awesome, did season 2 start?

secondpassing
January 14th, 2016, 08:58 PM
GATE is awesome, did season 2 start?

It did, first episode of season 2 is out, its been like 5 days, so I've got 2 days to wait on Crunchyroll.

Apocist
January 15th, 2016, 06:44 PM
It did, first episode of season 2 is out, its been like 5 days, so I've got 2 days to wait on Crunchyroll.

Urgh...this is why Apo has to waiting until the season is nearly complete.

Between episodes is so painful...

secondpassing
January 15th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Urgh...this is why Apo has to waiting until the season is nearly complete.

Between episodes is so painful...

But that means I have to wait a whole 3 months! :mad:

What is Apocist watching?

Apocist
January 18th, 2016, 07:48 PM
But that means I have to wait a whole 3 months! :mad:

What is Apocist watching?

Apo is watching (http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Apocist?status=1&):

Utawarerumono (YAY!)
Haganai Season 2
Comet Lucifer (throw away show)

He will wait on Gate til near the end probably.

NoctiZ
January 19th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Apo is watching (http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Apocist?status=1&):

Utawarerumono (YAY!)
Haganai Season 2
Comet Lucifer (throw away show)

He will wait on Gate til near the end probably.

Haganai 2 is the shit, really funny.

mukesh67
January 21st, 2016, 02:21 AM
I'm like 7 episodes in and I enjoy the characters, even though Gon is a bit naive.

NoctiZ
January 21st, 2016, 09:39 AM
I'm like 7 episodes in and I enjoy the characters, even though Gon is a bit naive.

Hunter x Hunter? Hope it's the 2011 version.

Gon is a kid after all so his childlike innocence comes through and his one of his main traits if I had to judge him. I still like him though and enjoyed HxH quite a bit.

Pitand67
April 22nd, 2018, 11:02 PM
citrus anime is the one for me:rolleyes::shy: