PDA

View Full Version : 2 non-killing mafia roles left

Nick
May 19th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Not really a bug. Is it intentional that 2 or more non-killing mafia will remain non-killing until only one is left? It is a bit sad that Townie can take their own sweet time to root them out.

Change the optional role from "Become Mafioso if last mafia left" to "May become Mafioso if no non-killing mafia roles left"? One random non-killing mafia chosen. Obviously after making sure if there is any consieg promoted to GF.

Dark.Revenant
May 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
2 nonkilling mafia must decide upon who to purposefully get lynched, or try to lynch off the town due to their decent number. There may be some situations, such as a consig and a consort, who make a good pair and can pretend to be investigator while the consort blocks the existing investigator.

Clawtrocity
May 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
90% of the time the mafia just gives up in this scenario regardless if there is an arsonist, SK, or even a witch to help them out a little bit.

Zack
May 22nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
90%? Doubt it. I had a game where godfather died and 2 non-killing mafia remained. They won in the end, so, totally possible.

My "Flexible Mafia" suggestion could fix this problem, but its probably one heck of a hassle to implement, heh.

Nick
May 22nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
They will normally stay. But once townie saw that killings had stopped, they will chuckle and take it slow.
But mafia nearly always do a good job by immediately accusing left and right. Can get one or two townies before they slowly wise up.

Dark.Revenant
May 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Meh, screw it, I'm making a random mafia become Mafioso when no killing roles are left, like it or not. I can't be arsed to make a full UI suite and it causes more balance issues by keeping them without killings than picking off a random rather than deliberate mafia to become Mafioso.