PDA

View Full Version : Tower of God - 10F

Fragos
November 2nd, 2014, 12:33 PM
Hello, everyone. Has you rested well? The 9F was mostly an optional challenge (you can still partitipate in it with a time limit of 1 month, if you want). The next challenge will have a survival rate of 25% for those brave regulars who dare to participate in it directly! The name of the upcoming challenge will be...

Wait a second, where are my manners? I should show up your current scoreboard first:

Apache

SuperJack

Tonex

Numbertwo

AppleyNO

powerofdeath

Orpz

Glip

NoctiZ

Helios

Nick

louiswill

Frog

Citrus

SpiritFryer

Ok, now for the name of the upcoming test with roughly 25% survival rate...

Tower of God - 10F: Leap of Faith

I'm going to announce the rules of the test after some time. But before I do, I would like to ask you first: Are you still willing to brave the challenges of Tower of God? The Room of Trust was a decent challenge. But how faith is different from trust?

Fragos
November 3rd, 2014, 12:47 AM
Alright, I'll try to explain this to you. Actually for each part of the test you need one direct participant and up to 4 other regulars. The person who chooses to directly participate in the test will be placed on a square platform hovering over the black abyss. On the one of the four sides of the platform is the "safe" area, which can only be reached by jumping. The other three sides of the chamber have only the walls. So, what is the main trick of this test?

The main participant will be "blindfolded" and his sense of direction will be messed up. In order to pass the test, the main participant simply needs to jump into the safe area within the given time limit. However, because he is "blindfolded", the actual chance of that person making the correct jump will be 25%. However, this is where the other regulars come up. Each of the four regulars will also play their part in the test - one of then will be placed on the safe side, the other three will be stationed on the other sides behind the walls. The person who is standing on the safe platform MUST convince the main participant to jump on the safe side. By doing this both of those regulars will gain Test Points - 500 for the main participant, and 200 for the person who is standing of the safe side.

However, the other three regulars who are standing behing the walls will also try to convince the main participant to jump on their side by convincing him that their side is "safe". If the main participant jumps to the side of the wall, he will fail the test, and lose up to 500 Test Points for making the wrong jump. Likewise, if he jumped straight at your wall - you will earn 100 Test Points. Furthermore the person on the "safe" side will lose 100 Test Points for not being able to convince the main participant to jump into safety.

The main participant can also choose NOT to jump at all, even after the timer expires. By doing that, he will also lose the test, so the only way out is - through!

Since our main particiapant is supposed to be blindfolded, the other four regulars must use anonymous accounts so that it would be hard for the main participant to differentiate between then. You can, however, freely claim your COM name to the main participant on the platform. However, the person on the safe side also has a slight disadvantage - the other three regulars behind the walls know his identity! They will must likely use any sort of trickery by either claiming thenselves as the person on the safe side or simply claiming their own name anyway and convincing the main participant to simply jump on their side. Also, try to figure out the "other" reason for using anonymous nicknames...

To make it easier for you to understand the nature of the test, here is this picture:

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17462&stc=1

On that picture is the middle platform that the main participand will be standing up. After the test begins, that regular will be blindfolded, and the platform will spin up multiple times, twisting his sense of direction. You must listen to the voices of the other regulars standing in the different sides and make a correct jump.

Now that you have seen the rules of the test, who will be the brave prson to step up on the middle platform? This test will repeat several times for each person who decided to participate in the challenge directly. Who is brave enough to be the main participant?

On top of that, I also need up to four other regulars to be placed on the four different sides. However, you'll have to join that way anonymously; if you want to be on the sides, send a Private Message to me and tell me which side you will prefer to stand on - the safe side or the one behind the walls. You might want to wait for the main participant to be chosen first...

Tonex
November 3rd, 2014, 02:12 AM
Do the regulars behind the walls know which platform is safe?

Fragos
November 3rd, 2014, 02:20 AM
Of course the do.

AppleyNO
November 3rd, 2014, 02:28 AM
/sign

We're going all the way. Main Participant.

Fragos
November 3rd, 2014, 03:07 AM
Alright, the first one to step in will be AppleyNO! Before anyone else would sign-up for being the main participant, you should wait until AppleyNO's challenge has ended. AppleyNO, get yourself ready! I'll tell you when your test begins.

Everyone else, send me your Private Messages and I'll give four of you the anonymous accounts that are nessesary for participating in the test. Don't forget to tell me your preferences!

SuperJack
November 3rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
/sign

Fragos
November 3rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
I have received only 2 Private Messages so far. Won't there be any more?

SuperJack, your turn will come after ApplleyNO's trial has been finished. Maybe you'll want to stay behind one of the sides first?

Fragos
November 4th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Alright, we're all set. AppleyNO's trial starts... right NOW!

Tower of God - 10F: Leap of Faith

Our main participant is now standing on the rotating platform, blindfolded. On the four corner are other regulars, whose identities are not known to AppleyNO just yet:

Regular No. 1
Regular No. 2
Regular No. 3
Regular No. 4

In order to pass the test, AppleyNO needs to jump to the "safe" side and not to any of the wall sides. Once the main participant is ready to jump, he must do the following:

Jump to Regular No. X's side!

You must write your action exactly in this format, otherwise it will NOT count. You will have the time limit of 48 hours. You will fail the test if you jump to the wrong side or if you do not jump at all when the timer expires. You have quite a lot to lose, so be extremely careful, AppleyNO!

From now on, until his challenge ends, only anonymous accounts will be allowed to post here. AppleyNO is the only person who can post normally. Everyone else needs to use anonymous accounts, and you are free to claim your real name straight from the beginning.

Regular No. 1
November 4th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Come join the safe side!

Regular No. 1
November 4th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Damn. My avatar looks suspicious. How am I supposed to win with this...

Can I change it to something which looks more convincing and sincere?

Regular No. 2
November 4th, 2014, 08:19 AM
My avatar isn't better that yours. But I'm sure that Appley won't jump towards someone like you.

I'm Tonex. I chose to prefer the safe side and Fragos indeed placed me here as your savior.
Please do not trust No 1, he only wants you to lose. I joined this game out of good intentions and to help you pass this test :smile:

Regular No. 1
November 4th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Come on man. I'll split 75-25 with you. Or I can ask AppleyNO pay you 100 test points. Just say the truth that you are the wall.

Regular No. 1
November 4th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Same offer for the other two.

Regular No. 2
November 4th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Come on man. I'll split 75-25 with you. Or I can ask AppleyNO pay you 100 test points. Just say the truth that you are the wall.

You want to bribe AppleyNO just so that he can smash his head over your wall?

Regular No. 3
November 4th, 2014, 01:21 PM
My side is safe. Glip never lies.

AppleyNO
November 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Damn. My avatar looks suspicious. How am I supposed to win with this...

Can I change it to something which looks more convincing and sincere?
So don't jump to you.

AppleyNO
November 4th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I might jump towards 4.

Regular No. 3
November 4th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I might jump towards 4.

That's suicide!

Regular No. 4
November 4th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I am Four.

AppleyNO
November 4th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I am Four.
Should I jump towards you?

Regular No. 4
November 4th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Don't care.

AppleyNO
November 4th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Don't care.
.-.

Major help.

AppleyNO
November 4th, 2014, 04:45 PM
That's suicide!
Getting that vibe.

Regular No. 4
November 4th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Getting that vibe.

Thought people would post more.

AppleyNO
November 4th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Everyone is so sus.

Jump to Regular No. 3's side!

Regular No. 1
November 4th, 2014, 07:55 PM
If you bribed me, I would have told you where to jump...

Fragos
November 4th, 2014, 11:06 PM
AppleyNO jumps and...

He landed on the SAFE side!!!

That's quite a shocker now, isn't it? The first one who passed this test was AppleyNO! Well, I believe that his instinct was right... But here comes the main trick of the challenge - the real identity of anonymous accounts:

Regular No. 1 - Nick
Regular No. 2 - Fragos
Regular No. 3 - Numbertwo
Regular No. 4 - SuperJack

As the result, AppleyNO earns 500 Test Points, while Numbertwo earns 200 Test Points. You both did pretty well for such a short test... or should I say that Nick and SuperJack were so terrible that AppleyNO found their faux almost immediately.

And about you, SuperJack... You said that you didn't care where AppleyNO would jump... but let's see what happens when you'll be in his place now! Everyone else, send me your PMs again. This time, I expect at least 4 regulars taking each of the sides so that I won't have to join the event myself.
But Numbertwo will not be able to join the side challenge, as he already won it. He can be the main participant, though... if he is really willing it.

Nick
November 4th, 2014, 11:19 PM
:)

AppleyNO
November 5th, 2014, 04:56 AM
YES!

Fragos
November 5th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Like I said before, SuperJack in next in line. He'll be taking the challenge very soon. Don't forget to send me your Private Messages again with your preferences!

Fragos
November 7th, 2014, 05:33 AM
It tooks us some time, but now we can finally start the arranged challenge for SuperJack!

Tower of God - 10F: Jack of Faith

Our main participant is now standing on the rotating platform, blindfolded. On the four corners are other regulars, whose identities are not known to SuperJack just yet:

Regular No. 1
Regular No. 2
Regular No. 3
Regular No. 4

In order to pass the test, SuperJack needs to jump to the "safe" side and not to any of the wall sides. Once the main participant is ready to jump, he must do the following:

The time limit is 48 hours, as usual. You will fail the test if you jump to the wrong side or if you do not jump at all when the timer expires. I hope you are just as bold and brave as AppleyNO was!

Until SuperJack's challenge ends, only anonymous accounts will be allowed to post here. SuperJack is the only person who can post normally. Everyone else needs to use anonymous accounts, and you are free to claim your real name straight from the beginning.

Regular No. 1
November 7th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Well, hi to be honest I have not the slightest idea on what i could say that you would believe in me being the save side, except telling you that I am indeed it. Itīs up to you, if you believe me or not.

Regular No. 4
November 7th, 2014, 08:29 AM
The Safe side is 4! TRUST ME!

IM TELLING YOU ITS FOUR!!

Regular No. 4
November 7th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Well, hi to be honest I have not the slightest idea on what i could say that you would believe in me being the save side, except telling you that I am indeed it. Itīs up to you, if you believe me or not.

This 1 guy sounds like fragos, hes definitely fake.

Regular No. 1
November 7th, 2014, 08:37 AM
This 1 guy sounds like fragos, hes definitely fake.

Well, iīm not Fragos. I am nothing less as the God of Sun himself.

Regular No. 3
November 7th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Hey SuperJack, make a SuperLeap to this side because it's the safe side!

I agree that side 1 sounds like Fragos. Lol!

SuperJack
November 7th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Neh. Any one else other than Fragos here?

Regular No. 3
November 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Neh. Any one else other than Fragos here?

I'm not Fragos and you need to jump this way or else I'm going to be the only person with negative points. :(

SuperJack
November 7th, 2014, 02:40 PM
You are unsafe Number 3

Regular No. 3
November 7th, 2014, 02:59 PM
You are unsafe Number 3

Nope, I'm safe. If you don't jump this way you're gonna lose!!

Regular No. 2
November 8th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Hey SuperJack, make a SuperLeap to this side because it's the safe side!

Yup. SuperLeap over the wall.

Regular No. 2
November 8th, 2014, 09:56 AM
The Safe side is 4! TRUST ME!

IM TELLING YOU ITS FOUR!!

Four, instead of Regular No. 4. Definitely fake.

Regular No. 2
November 8th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Translation: Don't bother jumping over here.

Regular No. 2
November 8th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I'm Numbertwo and my side is the safe side.

Regular No. 3
November 8th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I'm Numbertwo and my side is the safe side.

This side lies since numbertwo already won and can't participate on a side anymore. Check the post where Fragos said he won.

Fragos
November 9th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Hey, SuperJack, your time is steadily running out...

SuperJack
November 9th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Four

Regular No. 1
November 9th, 2014, 05:31 AM
I just wanted to kindly inform you that the walls know my identity and 2 ppl called me out in the beginning.

Regular No. 1
November 9th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Also, if you want to jump to someone, you need to do it as it is written in the Rules.

Fragos
November 9th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Four

There is the format that you need to follow, just like AppleyNO did. You may want to hurry, because I am not patient in any way...

Fragos
November 9th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Time's up!
SuperJack loses the test by the timeout. The person on the safe side was Regular No. 3. SuperJack loses 500 Test Points. Here are the real identities of anonyous regulars:

Regular No. 1 - Helios
Regular No. 2 - Nick
Regular No. 3 - clementine
Regular No. 4 - powerofdeath

Aside for SuperJack, there was no other point changes, since he did not jump at all. You were just as indecisive as you were during AppleyNO's test. So you reap what you saw, isn't that right, SuperJack?

Well, I'm waiting for other regulars to participate in this test. Just make sure that you can make bold decisions like AppleyNO did. Whoever signs up first will be the next main participant.

powerofdeath
November 9th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Aww ):

powerofdeath
November 9th, 2014, 09:41 AM
/sign

I'll play next :3

Helios
November 9th, 2014, 11:47 AM
He could have at least jumped to me. XD

Also i have no idea how they thought I were you Fragos.^^

Fragos
November 9th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Alright, next in line is powerofdeath. You can send your Private Messagess to me again. First regulars who mail their PMs to me will be placed on one of those sides.

SuperJack
November 9th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I sent "Four" because I was on my phone and had no other way to replay. It took me 5 mins to type "Four"

powerofdeath
November 9th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I sent "Four" because I was on my phone and had no other way to replay. It took me 5 mins to type "Four"

What kind of phone are you using?

SuperJack
November 9th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Windows.

No Memory Left to download any apps. My phone is Bugged so I can't have Tapatalk.

Fragos
November 9th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Whatever. "Four" was the wrong answer anyway. But since your insist...

I'll award powerofdeath 100 Test points for convincing SuperJack to make the wrong jump. But! He has to pass his own challenge now, or all those points that he earned so far will be lost.

Fragos
November 10th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Hey powerofdeath, if you are really interested in participating in your challenge, you can speed things up by asking others to assist you so that they can send their PMs to me. But be warned - if you do that, you're still have to deal with the fact that you have only 25% chance to get the right jump, and I'll probably assign a "safe" person randomly if I start to suspect that you are trying to conspire with another regular.

Helios
November 10th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Well, the problem I see here is, it is actually just a gamble. You canīt convince someone, if it just makes you more suspicious. Superjack was going to jump to the only one who didnīt posted anything. Appley did well, but only, because 1,2 and 4 fucked up.

So in the end the best participation method would be to not participate, wich does ruin the purpose of the challenge itself.

Fragos
November 10th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I believe that AppleyNO and Numbertwo both did well. AppleyNO's test was the finest example.
I already said that you should try this challenge only at your own risk, especially if people like you assume that it's just a gamble.

SuperJack
November 11th, 2014, 04:58 AM
The game should have something added to it. To make it more interesting.
I failed my test. 3 failed to answer my question when I asked who he was.

The only reason I went for 4, was because that was who I was previously, and only Fragos influenced that. So the host did more than anything.

Honestly, 500 points lost because the people who decided to play didn't say much. Might as well roll a dice for the next game. Very unimpressed with this game.

Fragos
November 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Well, I put down my faith in clementine, hoping that he, as "honest person" would be able to influence you to jump to the right side just as Numbertwo did.

Actually, I already have a certain idea, but I'm not going into details now. I already received 2 Private messages, just need a few more for PoD's test to start!

Fragos
November 11th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Are you mentally prepared for that? You challenge starts right now, powerofdeath!

Tower of God - 10F: Leap of Death

Our third participant is now standing on the rotating platform, blindfolded. This time, everyone else will use different accounts:

Regular No. 5
Regular No. 6
Regular No. 7
Regular No. 8

In order to pass the test, powerofdeath needs to jump to the "safe" side and not to any of the wall sides. Once the main participant is ready to jump, he must write the following:

The time limit is 48 hours, as usual. You will fail the test if you jump to the wrong side or if you do not jump at all when the timer expires. I believe that you can do it!

As usual, only anonymous accounts will be allowed to post here, and powerofdeath is the only person who can post normally. Everyone else has to use anonymous accounts, and you are free to call any names you like. Will another miracle happen this time?

Regular No. 6
November 11th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I'm the safe side! Jump over here!

powerofdeath
November 11th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I'm the safe side! Jump over here!

Tell me about yourself

Regular No. 6
November 11th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Tell me about yourself

My COM is deathworlds. I thought that I would participate in this challange as a way to kickstart my way into playing Tower of God.

The extra 200 points will be put to good use and you would make an excellent ally.

Regular No. 8
November 11th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Hey PoD this is the safe side!

Regular No. 8
November 11th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Jump here or you'll die!

powerofdeath
November 11th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Hey PoD this is the safe side!

So I should jump to you or I'll die?

Regular No. 6
November 11th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Number 8 is lying!

I'm on the safe side!

Regular No. 8
November 11th, 2014, 02:24 PM
So I should jump to you or I'll die?

That's what my PM says.

Regular No. 7
November 11th, 2014, 10:32 PM
PoD, your loss is guaranteed.

I'm a wall.

Regular No. 5
November 11th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Powerofdeath, you have to jump here if you want to win. Everyone else is standing behind the walls. You HAVE to jump here or else you will LOSE.

This might sound unbelievable to you, but I am Fragos and this time I am standing of the safe side.

powerofdeath
November 12th, 2014, 02:28 PM
PoD, your loss is guaranteed.

I'm a wall.

Okay, your loss then.

powerofdeath
November 12th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Powerofdeath, you have to jump here if you want to win. Everyone else is standing behind the walls. You HAVE to jump here or else you will LOSE.

This might sound unbelievable to you, but I am Fragos and this time I am standing of the safe side.

lol

powerofdeath
November 12th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I am jumping to 6, what do the rest of you think?

Regular No. 6
November 12th, 2014, 02:36 PM
You've made a wise choice ally.

powerofdeath
November 12th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Jump to Regular No. 6's side!

Fragos
November 12th, 2014, 11:39 PM
powerofdeath jumps and...

WHAM!!!

It appears that our main participant just hit the wall. But hey, who would think that the safe side would be actually right by Regular No. 5?

Regular No. 5 - Fragos
Regular No. 6 - deathworlds
Regular No. 7 - Nick
Regular No. 8 - clementine

There is no one to blame... For a newcomer to this Tower, deathworlds did his job surprisingly well. Yeah, I admit that there was a certain gimmick in this test, but in the end PoD decided to trust deathwords more. I'm going to soften PoD's fall this time and deduce only 300 Test points, while deathworld will earn 100 Test Poinst for his excellent job. He actually prefered to chose the wall side, if you are interested ^^

Well, what are your thoughts about this test now? Is it really a gamble like SuperJack said? or some kind of psychology tricks can help in this test as well?

deathworlds
November 12th, 2014, 11:51 PM
get rekt kid...

Just kidding, it was merely buissness. No hard feelings.

Also hi guys, expect to see me in future challanges.

deathworlds
November 12th, 2014, 11:55 PM
This game is no mere gamble in my opinion, it is a taxing test on the brains of both the players behind the walls and on the platform.

It's a game of knowing thy enemy, and knowing thine self.

Fragos
November 13th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Well said, deathworlds... Is there anyone else confident enough to step in?

powerofdeath
November 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Ugh, I wish I had a real player behind the safe area. If a real player is behind the safe area, they will try to get me to there safely. But with fragos being the safe guy, its hard because he doesn't care if I make it safely or not. It doesnt benefit him in any way. Also in a way, he tried to convince me not to jump to him, and it sucks.

powerofdeath
November 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
This game is no mere gamble in my opinion, it is a taxing test on the brains of both the players behind the walls and on the platform.

It's a game of knowing thy enemy, and knowing thine self.

I agree it isn't a gamble, its all about reading the players and how they try to convince you. If the players doesn't seems to care or not being genuine, then you can tell that they're being fake. Before #5 posted, I could tell that you, and the two others are fake. Then when 5 told me he was fragos, I had to try to figure out which one of the 3 fakes aren't fake.

deathworlds
November 13th, 2014, 05:12 PM
T'was an obvious choice at first.

powerofdeath
November 15th, 2014, 08:39 AM
T'was an obvious choice at first.

But you already know which wall have it tho.

deathworlds
November 15th, 2014, 11:23 AM
For you, I meant.

Fragos
November 18th, 2014, 05:28 AM
So, is there anyone else brave enough to try Leap of Faith?

Fragos
January 23rd, 2015, 01:54 AM
The Puzzles section has been silent for quite a long time. Would you like to see new puzzle games and challenges once again?

SuperJack
January 23rd, 2015, 02:03 AM
/sign

Fragos
January 25th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Actually... do you this remember Pokemon Reborn? I am considering moving to their forums now, and I am already starting a new ToG challenge there. I don't think I would be able to continue anything here because of low forum activity, but if you still want to experience fine puzzle/psychological games... come and see me on Reborn forums.

SuperJack
January 25th, 2015, 01:56 AM
I WANNA PLAY ON MY OWN.

Fragos
January 25th, 2015, 06:10 AM
I WANNA PLAY ON MY OWN.

Then go back to 9F and try the challenge that I previosly proposed. Or find 3 more people if you want to try Leap of Faith on 10F instead.

Fragos
February 10th, 2015, 04:21 AM
Coming soon... The next test's name will be...

Tower of God - 10F: #Like Me

Sign-ups for the new test has been opened. Once enough people sign up or some time passes, I'll announce the rules of the new challenge. Look forward to it, folks!

But just in case you didn't understand it, I was inspired by this music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mF-iHt01X4

deathworlds
February 10th, 2015, 10:23 AM
/sign

Fragos
February 16th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Still not enough people, so... I'm keeping Tower of God on hold again.