Citrus
September 11th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Has this happened before, or is the Forum Mafia aspect of the site dying? :(

Cryptonic
September 11th, 2014, 09:39 AM
It has happened before, but usually it picks up. It hasn't :[

Helios
September 11th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Well, school started again also for the most ppl now. And we had that activity problem already in the last FM, wich I was partly at fault too, because my internet got recked for 2 weeks. Xd

SuperJack
September 11th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Advertise more in-game.

-Reward Points/Achivements for playing/winning forum mafia.

-Models/Hats for MVP in game or forum mafia.

-Moderators and Admins to advertise.

-Welcome new people, groom them and so on

People I talk to in game don't even know about the forum.

Advertise out game
SC2 Arcade is free, which means Mafia is free.
Advertise this =More People on Mafia=More people on forum.

Fragos
September 11th, 2014, 10:41 AM
How about simply letting everyone know that forum games do exist? You know, everyone can learn a lot of useful information on that loading screen.

Why you don't put something on loading screen first?

SuperJack
September 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Yes, Which is Advertising. But there will be a greater number of players if we dangle prizes in their faces.

And perhaps that will lead to Cryptonic having to work 24/7 :D

Slaol
September 11th, 2014, 12:24 PM
It has happened before, but usually it picks up. It hasn't :[

Just before best M-FM and FM were gonna happen

Brendan
September 11th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Well appleyno deletes all the good threads and posts for no reason. Doesn't help with activity.

Brendan
September 11th, 2014, 06:17 PM
How about simply letting everyone know that forum games do exist? You know, everyone can learn a lot of useful information on that loading screen.

Why you don't put something on loading screen first?

I second this. The loading screen has always been an area that could be improved. I remember in SOTIS an old mod for SC2 they used community artwork for the loading screen and made sure to have the forums advertised noticeably. We have plenty of community artwork that could be showcased on a weekly/monthly basis.

Bruno
September 11th, 2014, 06:44 PM
I second this. The loading screen has always been an area that could be improved. I remember in SOTIS an old mod for SC2 they used community artwork for the loading screen and made sure to have the forums advertised noticeably. We have plenty of community artwork that could be showcased on a weekly/monthly basis.

the cancer known as this site is finally in remission and u want 2 bring it back?

cold hearted cancer loving bastard

Citrus
September 11th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Darn. I guess I'll keep up with my weekly-ish check ins and keep my fingers crossed then

Lazers
September 12th, 2014, 09:03 AM
the cancer known as this site is finally in remission and u want 2 bring it back?

cold hearted cancer loving bastard

but this forum was 5x better when it wasn't a constant circlejerk of 20 people

Deantwo
September 15th, 2014, 02:01 AM
A suggestion:
Get the wiki fixed first?

If people see the wiki as it is now it may discourage them, because they'll think the forum is equally as broken.

kyle1234513
September 15th, 2014, 05:08 AM
should bring back serious discussion.

Helz
September 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM
but this forum was 5x better when it wasn't a constant circlejerk of 20 people

One by one we alienated players and we continue to do so with new people that come to the forums. I would say a bunch of stuff but I really dont see the point. The forum will get new life with the next sc expansion.

Orpz
September 15th, 2014, 01:11 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

CarolinaCrown
September 16th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I just wanna play a goddamned FM game where people actually think. SC2Maf games are terrible more often than not because of people not using their fucking heads.

We should let people know this is a good place for those who want a deeper/more thoughtful mafia experience.

Brendan
September 16th, 2014, 06:05 PM
One by one we alienated players and we continue to do so with new people that come to the forums. I would say a bunch of stuff but I really dont see the point. The forum will get new life with the next sc expansion.

so in like 4+ years?
lol

Water
May 22nd, 2015, 05:44 AM
I think the best places to place the SC2mafia.com, along with the M-FM information is during setup and at night sequence. Maybe make it into a gif-like form where it alternates to whatever you guys want to brainwash the players with.

After all, it's often the more boring parts of the game because you expend 1 or 2 clicks within the 1 full minute that you have. Then you just stare at a dark screen and wait for day.

Cryptonic
May 22nd, 2015, 06:15 AM
It slowed down cause no one was hosting S-FMs. As soon as we started hosting them again, activity increased. I swear this happens lol