http://puu.sh/aJsyU/851a48b146.jpg

AppleyNO
August 7th, 2014, 10:22 PM
You got food paid for a semester :P

Glip
August 7th, 2014, 10:36 PM

Don't be ridiculous.

He could pay for 1, maybe 2 books as well.

SpiritFryer
August 8th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Gratz man.

Idk.. I managed with 20 euro food per week.. Granted, I ate at home during weekends, but still :P

But then, idk what prices are like in Canada.

Bruno
August 8th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Gratz man.

Idk.. I managed with 20 euro food per week.. Granted, I ate at home during weekends, but still :P

But then, idk what prices are like in Canada.

I know you don't understand the US too well since you're a potato farmer so I'll explain it :p

1. You can live on campus, off campus, or commute. If you live off campus from what I understand they pay you a little to help with cost of living. If you live on campus, you have to also pay for the food you receive or some shit like that.

2. If someone can't live off 20 euros a week they have atesam, especially if you're eating with your parents on weekends.

3. CA as in California.

SpiritFryer
August 8th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I know you don't understand the US too well since you're a potato farmer so I'll explain it :p

1. You can live on campus, off campus, or commute. If you live off campus from what I understand they pay you a little to help with cost of living. If you live on campus, you have to also pay for the food you receive or some shit like that.

My 20 euro per week comment was referring to Appley saying how 1500$ is a semester's food cost. Taking a semester to be 5 months, that's 300$ per month. Which comes to 75$ per week. A bit much?

2. If someone can't live off 20 euros a week they have atesam, especially if you're eating with your parents on weekends.

No idea dafuq atesam is. Google too dumb to help my dumbness. But anyway, 4 euros per day (20/5.. weekends covered) for food is very lacking if you compare it to most college students' lifestyles.

3. CA as in California.

I googled "Delcan" and it spit out a place in Canada, so I assumed CA as in Canada. But yea, now that I googled the address on the letter, I see it's California.

Now that I think about it though.. 4 euros is not lacking at all. You can get multiple bags of potatoes for that. Not to mention all the potato trees I have in my back-garden. I can use the potatoes to power the electric cooker, and then make potato stew. All for free. ujelly?

Brendan
August 8th, 2014, 09:14 PM
if ur not going to community college for ur first two years ur autism.

Frog
August 10th, 2014, 08:39 AM
This post gave me some serious reality check.

1. Congratulations Orpz! I thought you still had years to go before college.

2. A semester is usually around 14 weeks of actual school. This scholarship is for the entire year. $53.57 a week.

3. What can you buy with $53.57 a week?
$20.93 - 7 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
$6.18 - 2 gallons of milk
$8.28 - 2 dozen organic + omega eggs
$8.59 - 4 14.5oz multigrain protein + omega pasta
$5.49 - 1 lb organic spring mix salad
$1.69 - 1 bag of bananas
= $51.17
That $2.40 leftover a week, that's your beer money. Find a dollar shot night, leave the 0.40 as a tip. Or buy a handle for $33.60 that'll last you a semester... yeah like that'll happen.

3. @Brendan - I have never heard anyone use that argument. I'm assuming if you chose to elaborate you would denounce universities as overpaid adult day-care centers, to which I would agree there is some merit in that insightful comment, so I'll give you that. However the opportunity to interact with like-minded individuals in a new environment is really something of a unique experience. I don't see how it's possible to obtain that from a 'travel-to" school.

4. If I were you, I'd buy a power rack, barbell, and olympic plate set off c-list. Something 3x3 tubing with 7 or 11 gauge steel. Live off of lentils and eggs entirely.