PDA

View Full Version : Banana

RLVG
June 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Got bored and decided to read about banana.

Apparantly it has radioactive potassium from the nature itself called Potassium-40. It is a radioactive mineral from volcanoes. With enough science, you can use a trillion banana's to launch a rocket to space using nuclear fission with the potassium or a hundred million to power an average city for a minute.

Now argue why it's wrong, because I don't trust wikipedia and I think the whole thing is just ridiculous.
Inb4 someone invents a banana nuke.

powerofdeath
June 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Its a theory, which havent been proven lmao.

Gyver
June 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Just because something is radioactive doesn't mean it can be used in a self-sustained fission reaction.

Apocist
June 15th, 2014, 04:55 PM
You really like banana huh?

Vantas
June 16th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Well everything has potential energy in it, given by the Sun. Given a way to harness that energy, I think anything could probably be used as fuel. I'm not sure if bananas would be that effective though, but given that everything does have that energy in it, and given there was a way to manipulate it to our heart's desire, then sure I see bananas powering a rocket being a potential possibility if that power's harnessed right.

Dole Banana Man
June 16th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I do not approve of the use of bananas for weapons of mass destruction.
However, bananas for all!
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100516121545/uncyclopedia/images/1/1e/Japanese_Banana_Man.gif

AppleyNO
June 17th, 2014, 09:05 PM
If you could isolate the radioactive isotopes from enough bananas, then yea. Its just an isotope.

That's why you chance of death slightly increases (millionth of a percent) for every 1000 bananas that you eat.