PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat skypers?

McJesus
May 17th, 2011, 07:55 AM
There has to be a way to step our games up and beat skypers. Honestly it is impossible to detect them and a lot of people who you think could be cheaters really aren't. I personally define it as when a townie and mafia work together against one of their best interests but I'm curious on how other people would define skype cheating. I think if you suspect a townie of helping the mafia out you can always have the vig shoot them but I'm trying to think of better ways to handle it more through the metagame and lieing than through pure abilities.

Keep in mind skype cheaters are probably not as good as mafia vetreans and it is better to focus on a way of beating them instead of speculation and unofficial ban lists that no one is going to really enforce.

Doc
May 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Skyping makes the game more fun to play because you're playing with your friends, period. In any other game you can also skype with your friend to make your faction lose purposedly (it happened some times in Catch & Run). Anyway, there's no possible way to determine if Skype is on and I'm sure DR has no way of implementing something that wouldn't ruin the game for everyone

Nick
May 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
There are always losers and traitors in pub games.

1) Feeding opponents in DotA-type games
2) Betraying allies in Phantom-type and co-op games (Mafia included)
3) Using fail builds in melee and tug-of-war games

Private game is the solution. Go to Mafia channel and invite 'safe' players.

icarus
May 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Is impossible to detect if someone uses skype because is a program outside sc2. I dont think is possible to have a banlist on a mod... Dont really know what solution could be done

Zilas
May 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM
^ as you said, it isn't possible, there is no real solution for this. if its not skype its vent if its not vent or skype its irl if not that.. well yeah list keeps going on, this is one sucky thing you have to live with.

toaster
May 21st, 2011, 12:24 AM
Is it just me or do I notice an increase of skypers lately?

vileguy
May 21st, 2011, 03:21 AM
There's nothing you or anyone can do about it. The only option is to play a different map/game, or put up with it.

theuprising
May 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Is impossible to detect if someone uses skype because is a program outside sc2. I dont think is possible to have a banlist on a mod... Dont really know what solution could be done

Dota had a banlist

McJesus
May 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Spy has a solution: don't whine and ffs hope to be in their team.
Otherwise just quit, are you all noobs?

lol the guy who made a list of people he thinks is rude is telling me about whining? Epic irony

Goonswarm
May 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Spy has a solution: don't whine and ffs hope to be in their team.
Otherwise just quit, are you all noobs?

lol the guy who made a list of people he thinks is rude is telling me about whining? Epic irony

That list seems to be pretty accurate from what I have seen...

Dark.Revenant
May 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
That's the thing about hypocrisy. Even if you're telling the truth, people don't believe you.