PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Quest #3

RLVG
June 9th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Reviving the Adventure Quest, however I will say this :

There's no statistics (stats).
There's no item cap. (weight, etc)
There's no world map, world is split in 3 parts.
You have 3 lives, which may be healed.
Actions will have impact and meaning.
Players are by themselves and not part of a faction.

Anyone can sign in, and whenever. Signing in later will result disadvantages for lost rounds though.

So that said,

Welcome to Adventure Quest #3.

You will wake up in a time-warped era where prehistoric, medieval, modern and future era all happens at a time.
The world is unforgiving, grim and dark.

The goal is simple : Either kill all the other players and be the last survivor, or become the new king.

Each player will have one round per PM, which will include details about the surroundings and enviroments and reflect your previous actions.
Unlimited actions per area, unless it is marked (PvP).

Those that are afraid this will die, don't worry - this one won't.
Statistics and maps were too distracting for the main game, keeping it simple.

Some things are already pre-set, so this game may either be long or short depending on the actions of the players.

Players will have 2 "lives", so they can die twice before being officially dead.
Players that died to players, can't win as last survivor (Jumps to "singleplayer"). Players that died else-where, can't become king.
Players that can't become king, will gain the ability to track other players by direction.

Normal play, unlimited actions as long it's a possible thing while in the area.
Moving to new areas, the only options is moving North, West, South, East, a single time.
There's an option to Fast Travel to the last "Safe Zone" that you were in.
PvP have different rules : It'll be turn based, max two actions per round, RNG, enviroments and obstacles will affect attack / defense.

Game starts at 20th, regardless of how many players there is.

There's no rules other than what's stated, so skype and share all information you'd like, team-gang or whatever.
Oh, well, this is a rule : Logic. Can't dualwield two handed weapons by using two weapons, can't fly to the moon with a spoon.

Players :
- Vantas
- powerofdeath
- NoctiZ
- deathworlds
- Frog
-
-

Vantas
June 9th, 2014, 04:28 PM
/SIGN

this looks awesome holy crap xD

powerofdeath
June 9th, 2014, 04:33 PM
/sign

I think I like this better knowingly I have a goal compared to the last Adventure Quest

/SIGN

this looks awesome holy crap xD

You should see the Espozito's SQ#3, it was probably the best game I ever played in this entire site.

NoctiZ
June 9th, 2014, 05:07 PM
SQ were always a joy. I love RP. Glad you are starting it up again.

/sign

Vantas
June 9th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Wait, one of the win conditions says to become King. How can one become King?

NoctiZ
June 9th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Wait, one of the win conditions says to become King. How can one become King?

This will most likely be made clear through the story progression. My guess: Making the correct choices at important points.

powerofdeath
June 9th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I too fly to the moon on a spoon while wielding 2 twohanded weapons.

RLVG
June 9th, 2014, 11:35 PM
This will most likely be made clear through the story progression. My guess: Making the correct choices at important points.

Multiple scenarios, this being one of them.

ika
June 10th, 2014, 09:27 AM
you know i want to be /co-host/helper.

i love thinking of ideas

RLVG
June 10th, 2014, 09:37 AM
you know i want to be /co-host/helper.

i love thinking of ideas

If you're not signing, then sure, you can be co-host with suggestions, ideas and scenarios.
MacGuffin's need a balance.

ika
June 10th, 2014, 09:39 AM
If you're not signing, then sure, you can be co-host with suggestions, ideas and scenarios.
MacGuffin's need a balance.

I will be preping, all i need is somewhat of an outline of what you need or such and then go from there.
you can pm me :D

RLVG
June 10th, 2014, 01:58 PM
So, surprise :

Prequel Puzzle!

The floor is white. The sky is white. The chair is white, oh wait there's none. All there is, is pure white. You cannot even see yourself.
Apparantly there is other souls out there with the same situation, but cannot see you. After a while, a voice tells you that your imagination can cause this enigma of a zone to have real fantasy. The mere thought of a certain thing will make it appear.

What is the three things that you are thinking about?

The prequel does not affect the main game at the 20th, and is merely a way to warm up. This can be in PM or public.

Vantas
June 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Are we thinking these things currently?

RLVG
June 10th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Are we thinking these things currently?

Yeah. What are you thinking?

NoctiZ
June 10th, 2014, 02:27 PM
You mean, what I am personally thinking after reading your explanation?

RLVG
June 10th, 2014, 02:31 PM
You mean, what I am personally thinking after reading your explanation?

The three things that you are thinking on, will become a reality to this empty dimension. Are you thinking on a pink seagull? Sure, it spawns.

NoctiZ
June 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Good.

I am thinking of a deep blue sky with some clouds here and there. A deep tropical jungle with all sorts of stuff you would expect and more. And all the needed gear I would need to survive.

That count? :3

Vantas
June 10th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Hmm, alright.

First, I'm going to bring a machine into existence. The nature of this machine is that if I, and only I tell it to create something, it does it automatically, and not requiring any other input rather than my command. This is to break the limitation of only being able to make three things. Second off, I'll create a pouch of sorts. What this pouch does is that if I put anything in size in it, it takes the whole thing. And if I put my hand in the pouch and think of the object in there, it will spring back out into my grasp. This is to help transport objects with ease, including the machine, and keep in store anything else I'd need. Thirdly, I would make a pair of glasses that can break any illusion, including this one, so I can potentially see my stuff if it's hidden in some sort of veil by this whiteness. I obviously exist and I can't see myself so there has to be some illusion at work here, and it doesn't do any good if I can't see what's going on or where anything is. All of these items only work for me as well, and for no one else, so no one against me could use those to their advantage.

Tl;dr: Machine that brings stuff into existence, pouch that can take in anything and items in it can be summoned at will, and illusion breaking glasses

RLVG
June 10th, 2014, 03:34 PM
The floor is white. The sky is white. The chair is white, oh wait there's none. All there is, is pure white. You cannot even see yourself.
Apparantly there is other souls out there with the same situation, but cannot see you. After a while, a voice tells you that your imagination can cause this enigma of a zone to have real fantasy. The mere thought of a certain thing will make it appear.

The souls thought to themselves, what are they? Where are we?
Slowly, the cellings turned pale blue. What could this mean? As the cellings became more deep blue by time, the floor became brown. Tints of green everywhere. A new world was born in front of your eyes, revealing a jungle. It blends your eyes, you can feel the heat strike you. The new world sound lively, as if there's creatures all around yet to be discovered.

There were two dominant souls at this moment, one who took shape and became one with the jungle. A lot of equipment were made for this soul, including a survivalist knife, ropes, binnoculars, flint and tinder, and finaly a machete. King of the jungle indeed.

The other soul became an inventor, creating new objects that seem to have it's own rules. The inventor have created a machine to create objects for it's master and a storage pouch to store them in. As the inventor got the new glasses, it were able to see the lost souls of the plane and the animals of the forrest.

A sudden fear strikes upon the two as a voice tells them that only one may live. As the voice finish speaking, neither of them can see eachothers and the jungle have changed as if being placed some other place withing it.

You are in a dense jungle with wild animals, and you're limited to three actions. The goal is simple, locate and eleminate the other one. Private Messages are adviced, and may take more than a turn. A surprise may be more players participating. After first turn, the enviroment and surroundings will be detailed and with directions.
(PvP)

Turn ends when actions are given, from current players and possible new ones, and when I decide to continue to the next turn tomorrow.

Turn 1 : Survival

deathworlds
June 10th, 2014, 04:12 PM
This aint the main game (I don't think) but I sign for main game yo.

/sign

deathworlds
June 10th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Y'all shoulda done the fallout RPG though.

Frog
June 10th, 2014, 05:24 PM
LOL!!!
I had the best action submissions for the last aventure quest.
"Takes off shirt"
"Does push ups"
"Flex boobs"

/Sign

deathworlds
June 10th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Boobs?

I'm in.

/resign

RLVG
June 11th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I'll post the result of actions tomorrow instead at CET 17:00 ish. Unexpected stuff happened today, so I didn't get on until late.

Y'all shoulda done the fallout RPG though.

Although I wrote the whole thing, it'd be a little difficult to control the calculations and stats of everything. That was a huge distraction.

RLVG
June 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
The inventor invented some more inventions, the survivalist survived and a new third soul has taken shape.

The world dims and the sky slowly becomes dark, it's now night.

Oh, and the very east of the jungle have had an accident. It's now burning and it's obvious where it's at.

Turn 2

The three actions rule still applies.

powerofdeath
June 12th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Is it still just us three? Did Frog or Deathworlds sign up?

RLVG
June 12th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Is it still just us three? Did Frog or Deathworlds sign up?

You three. The two others only signed.

RLVG
June 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Some actions were missing out, so stuff happens tomorrow instead. The prequel will be kinda short because, accidents.

RLVG
June 14th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hmm, this test apparantly didn't work out too well.

This prequel were more a test, to see if I could enable a "free mind" scenario. Don't worry though, the actual game starts on the 20th.

RLVG
June 19th, 2014, 05:58 AM
The quest starts tomorrow. Feel free to sign in before or during.

RLVG
June 20th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Adventure Quest :
Turn 1

Everyone awakens somewhere lost in the nature.
It's currently Day.

Since it has just started, nothing to report about.

Players :
Vantas 3 / 3
powerofdeath 3 / 3
NoctiZ 3 / 3
deathworlds 3 / 3
Frog 3 / 3

Turn 1 to 3 will last until all players have submitted actions (or after what seem long enough).
Future rounds 4+ will be 24 hours.

RLVG
June 21st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Sending PM to poke all.