PDA

View Full Version : Tower of God - 6F

Vantas
June 8th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Welcome all! With crazy mafias going on among other things, I hope this was enough of a break. If you guys need more time, let me know and I can delay this longer. Though considering this isn't as involved as a test as some of the others, I don't think that's going to be an issue that much. Here's a recap of points (I put in the 500 I distributed, hope that's OK Frags.)

Vantas
2300 (+50 from last time)

Apache

_Q2
1200 (+50 from last time)

Astrid

Grovylite

Raven

Cay

Euphoria
600 (+50 from last time)

Tonex
550 (+100 from last time)

Numbertwo
500 (+100 from last time)

AlphaStorm

Glip
400 (+50 from last time)

louiswill

powerofdeath
250 (+50 from last time)

NoctiZ

42shadow42
200 (+50 from last time)

Citrus

ANYWAY, the floor. I got it approved by Frags today, and here we are!

Tower of God - 6F: The Idealist Shot

If any of you are familiar with 4P, then this may remind you heavily of the Scavenger Hunt challenge. Each person here will take a photo of something that captures an abstract concept. For example, if I say something "cool", then each and every one of you must take a picture that captures this idea. In this picture, you must have proof that you took it by either having yourself in the shot, or having a piece of paper or something else of the like stating your username here on the forums. This is to prevent any cheating. All submissions must be submitted to me, but can happen via any media possible that you can contact me in. Before the test ends I'll check Marriland, Skype, and here for submissions. Once you have sent a submission, I will send you a reply confirming your entry.

Above is what will be considered the "Submission Phase". It should last somewhere around 48 hours. After the submission phase ends, I will go through these and decide what I think fits the concept the best. The Regular who submitted that picture will earn 200 TP and not participate in the rest of this phase of the challenge. In addition, I'll decide what picture fits the concept the least, whom I'll deduct 100TP and they'll not participate in the rest of this phase of the challenge either. I'll go over the next phase once this phase concludes itself. The time where I evaluate all the pictures will at maximum take 24 hours, but will most likely be shorter, and I'm allowed to end this phase at any time. This will be called the "Judgement Phase".

The Submission and Judgement Phases will keep cycling until there is only 1 picture submitted, or no picture submitted. If there's one picture, the Regular who submitted it will get no TP and go onto the next phase. If there are no pictures due to inactivity, the inactive regulars will be deducted 200TP and automatically moved onto the next phase. Regarding Cay, since he is still a Regular, I will treat him as such, so he will be subject to these rules just as much as you all are.

Unless there are any objections, the test will start on June 11th, 2014 at 5PM EDT. I'm not comfortable with operating Wolforama or whatever site everyone else uses here so I'll be manually writing out the times. If anyone needs me to convert the time here in the OP, I'll be more than happy to do so.

Also, if you all would like, I could set up a practice round. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'll get up the point totals soon cause I know people like that for reference.

These pictures are to be taken in real life (no screen shots!) so you WILL need something that can take pictures for this challenge. If this is an issue for any of you, please PM me immediately!

Tonex
June 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM
How much will you clarify the meaning of the abstract topic? e.g. Does cool mean cold? Or does it mean a person being calm? Or does it mean in fashion? Or is it all up to interpretation?

Vantas
June 8th, 2014, 02:38 PM
How much will you clarify the meaning of the abstract topic? e.g. Does cool mean cold? Or does it mean a person being calm? Or does it mean in fashion? Or is it all up to interpretation?It's up to interpretation.

_Q2
June 8th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Oh boy, I can finally use my superior "looking for random things when I need them the least" skills!

powerofdeath
June 8th, 2014, 07:37 PM
In b4 someone take a pic of their penis.

ika
June 8th, 2014, 08:52 PM

in b4 they get banned for doing so

Vantas
June 8th, 2014, 08:59 PM
in b4 they get banned for doing soThis exactly xD

Fragos
June 10th, 2014, 08:24 AM
So, is everyone prepared to participate in new tests? Let us know if you are still not ready.

Tonex
June 10th, 2014, 05:54 PM
How long will we have for each picture?

powerofdeath
June 10th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Can we start earlier?

edit: nevermind this start tomorrow, thought it would be later.

Vantas
June 10th, 2014, 06:33 PM
How long will we have for each picture?Somewhere around 72 hours.

@PoD I mean it starts pretty darn soon, so it shouldn't be that much more of a wait. Though I guess you could send me a pic in advance, though the timer will start at the specified time.

powerofdeath
June 10th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Is EDT the same as EST?

Vantas
June 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Yup

Vantas
June 11th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Your test starts....

NOW!
Category: Bold

Round 1 ends on June 13th at 5:00 EDT.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=June+13%2C+2014+5+EDT

Citrus
June 11th, 2014, 02:05 PM
So the word is "now" or what's the concept?

Wolfram alpha link pls?

Vantas
June 11th, 2014, 02:06 PM
So the word is "now" or what's the concept?

Wolfram alpha link pls?lol I edited it in xD Whoops. The category's bold.

And I dunno how to work Wolfram :/ I can try to figure it out but until then I can do time conversions if you need it.
EDIT: I think this is how you do it?
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=June+13%2C+2014+5+EDT

powerofdeath
June 11th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I submitted. Apparently I was the first one to submit ^^

Apache
June 12th, 2014, 02:09 AM
So if i just dont submit nothing happens? No loss? Then i sure wont risk losing 100

Glip
June 12th, 2014, 04:24 AM
So if i just dont submit nothing happens? No loss? Then i sure wont risk losing 100

the inactive regulars will be deducted 200TP and automatically moved onto the next phase

I do believe everyone that doesn't submit a picture loses 200 TP.

Euphoria
June 12th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to drop out/be replaced. I'm gone all next week and have a bunch of other stuff this summer so... yeah.

Apache
June 13th, 2014, 02:17 AM
I do believe everyone that doesn't submit a picture loses 200 TP.

but here it says only if there are no pictures at all
"If there are no pictures due to inactivity"

pls clarify vantas

btw what would you do if i say i have no camera? send me one? :D

powerofdeath
June 13th, 2014, 02:52 AM
I'm afraid I'll have to drop out/be replaced. I'm gone all next week and have a bunch of other stuff this summer so... yeah.

Why sign if youre not able to play for over a year? It specifically said there will be about 100 floors

pls clarify vantas

btw what would you do if i say i have no camera? send me one? :D

Apache, just use logic. What would you say if you were the host?

Euphoria
June 13th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I thought I'd have more time, but I've found myself going on the internet less and less, and the amount of irl matters keep increasing. Sorry about that.

Vantas
June 14th, 2014, 10:34 PM

pls clarify vantas

btw what would you do if i say i have no camera? send me one? :DSorry I've been out as of late. I had sped up the timing, but I'll return it to what it was supposed to be for this round. Submissions are CLOSED!

If no pictures are submitted at all, and there are still people left that have not been sorted, then that's no pictures due to inactivity.

If you have no camera, then I'd work with you to find an alternative solution.
Speaking of which.

I have been contacted several times about problems regarding taking the picture itself. Due to this, I will allow pictures from the internet. What I care about is the content, not how the process is done. However, keep in mind taking it in real life will earn you a bonus in my opinion from effort expended on the picture itself.

Edit: Due to getting dragged to the movie theaters for Father's Day, I won't be available to make the final post until later tonight. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Vantas
June 15th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Alright, first off, those of you who submitted, thank you so much! These people are:
42shadow42 (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/12/e8aqehem.jpg)
NoctiZ (http://i.imgur.com/VpyiwCw.jpg)
_Q2 (http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o594/quickfire213/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140612_094610.jpg)
NumberTwo (http://postimg.org/image/l6a4gtaqt/)
Glip (http://i.imgur.com/D3SKd4e.jpg)
PoD (http://i.imgur.com/AsC8RC0.jpg)

Now before I say anything. You all. Literally. Did bold. As in the font. I'm a little underwhelmed here. C'mon, where's the creativity? Though thank you all for participating, I truly appreciate it. There are many, and I mean many who didn't, which is kinda obvious.

Now for winner/loser...

Considering the lack of response here, I'm being a little bit more lenient when it comes to submission rules. That being said, one of those will be the loser, while one that followed the rules will be the winner.

So that leaves PoD, _Q2, and 42shadow42 to be one of the winners. 42's looks like he just made it bold, while PoD and _Q2 showed some sort of process to where it comes down to how it's bold. So it comes down to BBcode or Word Processor style, basically. Considering that the paper itself had everything in bold, while the other didn't, I'm gonna have to give the point to PoD here. Congrats!

As for the ones in the other bracket of this, that leaves Glip, NoctiZ, and NumberTwo. Glip showed examples of both which I appreciated, and NumberTwo did it of something outside of the internet (the Coke bottle's the bold). So that leaves NoctiZ. Sorry dude, but not even Reggie can save you this time.

Remaining participants:
Apache
_Q2
Astrid
Grovylite
Raven
Cay
Euphoria
Tonex
Numbertwo
AlphaStorm
Glip
louiswill
42shadow42
Citrus

Winner's bracket:
PowerofDeath

Loser's bracket:
NoctiZ

Your next round begins NOW! The next category is "hot".
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=June+18th%2C+2014+5PM+EDT
The rounds have now shortened to 48 hours per round! That should be plenty of time for you guys to get in submissions. Good luck! Keep in mind that screen shots are now allowed, as previously stated in the above post.

Glip
June 16th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Darn, I don't have any pictures of Vantas, so I can't suck up to the judge by submitting a picture of her. :(

Also I could argue that I was also highlighting bold in a different sense, as there was finality and certainty in her stating "NOW!" and an exact time for the round to end, and then the "last edited by" showed uncertainty and second-guessing herself in choosing to go back and fix mistakes. But meh. I'm lucky she accepted the picture at all since it was just a slightly modified screenshot ^.^

Also, Vantas, in your WolframAlpha link, you need to specify whether it's 5 AM or 5 PM.

AppleyNO
June 16th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Why didn't you guys take a picture of a viking?

EDIT: You could have drawn one :P

Fragos
June 16th, 2014, 07:55 AM
So Numbertwo drinks a lot of Coca-Cola while sitting near at his computer. Good to know.

Vantas
June 16th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Darn, I don't have any pictures of Vantas, so I can't suck up to the judge by submitting a picture of her. :(

Also I could argue that I was also highlighting bold in a different sense, as there was finality and certainty in her stating "NOW!" and an exact time for the round to end, and then the "last edited by" showed uncertainty and second-guessing herself in choosing to go back and fix mistakes. But meh. I'm lucky she accepted the picture at all since it was just a slightly modified screenshot ^.^

Also, Vantas, in your WolframAlpha link, you need to specify whether it's 5 AM or 5 PM.Time updated ^_^ I think if you did enough internet searching you could probably find a pic of me somewhere, though idk. I'll be throughly creeped out and impressed if you came up with smething of that nature :P

@Appley At this point a drawing of a Viking would of probably won for last round lmao xD

Numbertwo
June 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
So Numbertwo drinks a lot of Coca-Cola while sitting near at his computer. Good to know.

Yeah, i don't exacly go away to the kitchen table whenever i want to drink something and i only bought the coke becouse it was on sale, i prefer to drink milk or water.

42shadow42
June 16th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I'm dissappointed, Vantas didn't understand my picture, I did not submit bold font.....

NoctiZ
June 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I'm dissappointed, Vantas didn't understand my picture, I did not submit bold font.....

Bold because it's just the name on a piece of paper, as in bold action/person, right? :P
My picture had a double meaning of bold. :P

42shadow42
June 16th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Bold because it's just the name on a piece of paper, as in bold action/person, right? :P
My picture had a double meaning of bold. :P

^ My "Picture" was a blank page with my name on it.

powerofdeath
June 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
lol

Heres an ugly pic of me ^^

Edit: don't know why its sideway...

Vantas
June 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
First off, you all are lazy lol. I received two, and one of the pictures is having difficulty downloading itself.

Seriously though you all. What's up with the inactivity?

Apache
June 18th, 2014, 10:45 AM

possible for both categories so far :D

powerofdeath
June 18th, 2014, 01:54 PM
possible for both categories so far :D

ikr!

42shadow42
June 18th, 2014, 02:43 PM
First off, you all are lazy lol. I received two, and one of the pictures is having difficulty downloading itself.

Seriously though you all. What's up with the inactivity?

Did my picture work or is that the one you are struggling with?

Vantas
June 18th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Yours worked. The one that I'm having trouble with is Danishpie's.

Vantas
June 22nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
I'm really sorry guys real life's been a bitch as of late and stuff, so I should be able to get the results up tonight.
Sorry for the delay!

Apache
June 26th, 2014, 12:32 AM
4 days later: lol? :D

Fragos
June 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Attention to all participants of Tower of God. I have a good mini-challenge for you. Accept it at your own risk. The offer will only work on this weekend!

Have you played Hearthstone? You know, that virtial collectible card game? Even if you haven't, Hearthstone is technically a free game which only requires Battle.net to be installed. So here is my current offer. First, you have to add me to your friends list in Battle.net (my account is Fragos#2591). Then, you need to challenge me in Heartstone duel match.

You have 3 tries to defeat me. If you manage to defeat me once, you will gain bonus Test Points. However! For each match you lose against me, you will lose Test Points instead. Here's how it works:

If you win against me with no losses +200 Test points bonus
If you win against me with only one loss +100 Test points bonus
If you win against me after two losses +50 Test Points bonus
However, if you lose 3 times in a row, then -100 Test Points will be deduced from you.

I am by no means an easy opponent, so choose your actions carefully, regulars! Try to catch me online on Skype when you are ready for the challenge. That's all for now, folks!

powerofdeath
June 27th, 2014, 07:57 PM
The problem is, you're in Europe and I'm in NA.

My deck doesnt transfer to Europe Server.

Vantas
June 27th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I'm really really sorry... I have no excuse. I'll spare you guys the details.

Here's the submissions:
42Shadow (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hUceCEV4EIeq7y-DJj6zfBB5I1xmiW9dNMbS3FYuA=w255-h207-p-no)
Raven (http://imgur.com/8g5qFYe)
DanishPie (http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=Image&Name=0107108.jpg)

These are the only three I can find. If you submitted and yours isn't here then please contact me ASAP so I can further review the round!

Well hot.. again looks like you guys went with temperature hot. Eh, can't say I'm too surprised. Anyway, if we're looking at the hottest thing here, that's 42's picture which is of the sun. So the round goes to him!

As for the other two... I never would of thought of a guy on fire as hot so I'd say that's more creative than an oven.... sorry Danishpie looks like you're joining NoctiZ.

Alright the third round! The next category will be something high. (I'm scared with what some of you are going to come up with).
The next round, judging and all, will end on http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=June+30th%2C+2014+6+EST.

Remaining participants:
Apache
_Q2
Astrid
Grovylite
Raven
Cay
Euphoria
Tonex
Numbertwo
AlphaStorm
Glip
louiswill
Citrus

Winner's bracket:
PowerofDeath
42Shadow42

Loser's bracket:
NoctiZ
DanishPie

Fragos
June 28th, 2014, 12:20 AM
The problem is, you're in Europe and I'm in NA.

My deck doesnt transfer to Europe Server.

Oh man, sorry, I almost forgot about that. And I already had a similar discussion some time ago!

Well, that means, you're free to do what you want to do.

Apache
June 28th, 2014, 01:52 AM
you forgot mine
go more for creativity and not just the hottest temperature, because that would be real boring.
cant open 3rd

Fragos
June 29th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Attention! There has been a change in score.

Numbertwo has accepted the Hearthstone challenge and managed to win it after 3 tries. He earns 50 bonus Test Points. That is all.

Vantas
June 30th, 2014, 03:25 PM
ALRIGHT got a whopping total of ONE SUBMISSION!!1! (Appley BONUS for having the best entry EVER 10/10 but you not in game so :C )

http://i.imgur.com/OlCMNeJ.jpg
By default Raven gets 100TP and moves on, while the rest of you still left lose 200TP. The only exception to this is Apache, who I'm waiting on to resubmit his last round pic.

So that being said, these are the new point totals:

Vantas

Apache
1450 (pending)

_Q2

Astrid

Grovylite

Raven

Cay

Euphoria

Tonex

Numbertwo
350 (+50 from game with Frags)

AlphaStorm

Glip

louiswill

powerofdeath

42shadow42

NoctiZ

Citrus

Quite the mix up wasn't this? Inactivity only leads to detriment. Sure creativity was important here but the main thing being tested was patience. Unfortunately there wasn't as strong patience as I hoped, even the beginning not having that much participation.
Regarding Citrus, he will be unable to play this next round. That is, unless one of you decide you want to bail him out of his debt. If no one bails him out after that point, he will be banished from the Tower of God.

Next round description will be up shortly.

powerofdeath
June 30th, 2014, 03:32 PM
CITRUS!!! NOOOO

AppleyNO
June 30th, 2014, 07:04 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5308865024/h54E0EE9E/

I will take my 1000 TPs :D

JKJK

42shadow42
July 1st, 2014, 08:03 PM
I'm really really sorry... I have no excuse. I'll spare you guys the details.

Here's the submissions:
42Shadow (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hUceCEV4EIeq7y-DJj6zfBB5I1xmiW9dNMbS3FYuA=w255-h207-p-no)
Raven (http://imgur.com/8g5qFYe)
DanishPie (http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=Image&Name=0107108.jpg)

These are the only three I can find. If you submitted and yours isn't here then please contact me ASAP so I can further review the round!

Well hot.. again looks like you guys went with temperature hot. Eh, can't say I'm too surprised. Anyway, if we're looking at the hottest thing here, that's 42's picture which is of the sun. So the round goes to him!

As for the other two... I never would of thought of a guy on fire as hot so I'd say that's more creative than an oven.... sorry Danishpie looks like you're joining NoctiZ.

Alright the third round! The next category will be something high. (I'm scared with what some of you are going to come up with).
The next round, judging and all, will end on http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=June+30th%2C+2014+6+EST.

Remaining participants:
Apache
_Q2
Astrid
Grovylite
Raven
Cay
Euphoria
Tonex
Numbertwo
AlphaStorm
Glip
louiswill
Citrus

Winner's bracket:
PowerofDeath
42Shadow42

Loser's bracket:
NoctiZ
DanishPie'

... You have a bad habit of misinterpretting my images....

AppleyNO
July 1st, 2014, 08:06 PM
'

Its a sun and the word was hot. What did you mean by the sun?

42shadow42
July 1st, 2014, 08:09 PM
Its a sun and the word was hot. What did you mean by the sun?

I was trying to convey stars in general :P, ya it's close, but I wanted to give him a hard time :P

AppleyNO
July 1st, 2014, 08:16 PM
I was trying to convey stars in general :P, ya it's close, but I wanted to give him a hard time :P
All the stars together would be extremely hot. :O

ika
July 1st, 2014, 08:17 PM
'

All images are eye to the beholder. What one percives it as may not be the same for another. But its fun to see how she thinks diffrently of what your intentions are

powerofdeath
July 1st, 2014, 08:19 PM
All images are eye to the beholder. What one percives it as may not be the same for another. But its fun to see how she thinks diffrently of what your intentions are

Exactly! My swag face won her over ^^ She probably think I'm hot.

Apache
July 2nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
i thought only tp loss if no one submits

Fragos
July 9th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Are you alive? Or dead? Give me a sign.

SpiritFryer
July 11th, 2014, 01:58 AM
She (?) had to be replaced in the current S-FM. So dead for now. :D

Fragos
July 16th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Well, I still have a few good ideas for Tower of God, so please make sure to keep your current Test Points. They may be handy for a later time.

powerofdeath
July 16th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Vantas told me via skype that she kinda quitted this site. Can we move on?

Apache
July 17th, 2014, 01:15 AM
lol why did she, that was very rushed, she didnt finish some things

louiswill
July 17th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Vantas told me via skype that she kinda quitted this site. Can we move on?

what happened?

powerofdeath
July 17th, 2014, 03:23 PM
what happened?

Lost motivation to come here.

42shadow42
July 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
/ragequit

Glip
July 17th, 2014, 06:42 PM
We depressed her by not submitting pictures. Game wasn't active, no need to beat the dead horse.

Fragos
July 18th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Attention to all regulars! The 6F challenge has been put to a halt. Because of that, no points will be gained or lost there. Vantas's point distribution will remain, though.

Therefore, I am already preparing the new ground for 7F challenge. It will be truly not a challenge for faint-hearted, so make sure you are prepared for it! I'm going to announce new tests for 7F very soon. Check SC2 Mafia site for more details.

There are two things that you need to notice first:
1. You can still spend some Test Points to recruit a teammate to your cause (just like Astrid did). The first part of your next trial will be dedicated to that part.
2. The real challenge will force you to use anonymous accounts once again, and any teammates that you have succesfully recruited will greatly help you in... surviving that challenge.

I'm going to start the 7F trial on this week. I'll arrange the test so that they won't consume too much of ypur free time and still allow you to play Mafia or other games. That's all for now, folks!

Fragos
July 18th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah, and for new guys; if you are interested to participate inside Tower of God, send a Private Message to me.

The upcoming test will give you a chance to become a teammate of one of the currently active regulars!

Fragos
July 19th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Looks like FMXXII has already started.

Still, I would like to prepare the grounds for 7F tests early so that regulars can be prepared for upcoming challenges.