PDA

View Full Version : Tower of God - 5F

Fragos
May 14th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the fifth floor of Tower of God, dear regulars. Today is the day when both groups will merge their efforts to climb the Tower together. Now it is the time to meet your new peers and learn more about each other. Make yourselves comfortable and talk with each other while you have the chance, as I announce to you the next test. Check your current score:

Astrid (DanishPie)

Vantas

_Q2

Apache

Raven

Grovylite

Caysapferg

Lugialord (Euphoria)

NocturneGale (AlphaStorm)

Tonex

Glip

Numbertwo

louiswill

Citrus

42shadow42

NoctiZ

powerofdeath

As you can see, most of the Marrilanders earned a lot of points in previous tests. Astrid earned 1000 points in Bomb and Fuse alone, and Vantas had acqured the most amount of vaccines in Pandemic Game. Both also earned good amount of points in Room of Trust and made a full cooperation in Garden of Eden. Furthermore, both of then have more than 1000 Test Points each, which means that is is possible for either of then in the future to create new tests inside the Tower on their own. But the next test will provide a really serious challenge for both of then, becuase those two "kings" will now stand to face each other in the...

Tower of God - 5F: The Chess Party

Glip
May 14th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Hi Marrilanders. Though I may not know who you are, you may get to know me.

I am the innocent kitten who knows no deceit.

I will never tell a lie.

That is all for now.

Fragos
May 14th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Have you played a game of chess? It's a well-known board game where two players control their figures on the chessboard. Each player begins the game with 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. Each of the six piece types moves differently. Pieces are used to attack and capture the opponent's pieces, with the objective to 'checkmate' the opponent's king by placing it under an inescapable threat of capture. In addition to checkmate, the game can be won by the voluntary resignation of the opponent, which typically occurs when too much material is lost, or if checkmate appears unavoidable.

If you are unfamiliar with chess, ask assisstance from your teammates, or read the article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess) on Wikipedia.

Now, why I have gathered all of you here? To make you play chess with each other, or course! However, there is a twist in this game. Instead of two players playing the game on a single board, there will be 16 players playing the game on a single board. Essentially, each person will be representing a certain chess piece that he will have to control! Take a closer look at this picture, if you please:

White team:

Rook A and Pawn A - Grovylite
Knight B and Pawn B - Numbertwo
Bishop C and Pawn C - Tonex
Queen and Pawn D - Apache
King and Pawn E - Vantas
Bishop F and Pawn F - louiswill
Knight G and Pawn G - NoctiZ
Rook H and Pawn H - Euphoria

Black team:

Rook A and Pawn A - Raven
Knight B and Pawn B - Glip
Bishop C and Pawn C - AlphaStorm
Queen and Pawn D - _Q2
King and Pawn E - Astrid
Bishop F and Pawn F - Citrus
Knight G and Pawn G - 42shadow42
Rook H and Pawn H - Cay

In addition to that, powerofdeath has the option of taking control of any pawn on the board of his choice. That pawn will be no longer controlled by its original owner, but King can still move that pawn at expense of 100 points.

As you can see, I have divided all regulars in two teams, and made it so that both teams would be even in terms of power and their score points. Each team will be represented by their "king" - Vantas for white team, and Astrid for black team. Each person will control two chess pieces - one major piece, and one pawn that is right above then. Because each chess piece can ONLY be moved by their individual owner, the teamwork will be very essential in order to win this test.

The King is an exception to this rule - he can move any chess piece manually if he wants, but moving any pieces other than his own will cost the king 100 Test Points. Because the King is the core of the team, it is advised to follow him and obey his instructions, or esle he can force your piece to move into infavorable position. The King is also the only person who can initiate castling - a move which can switch his position with one of the rooks. The objective of this game is to checkmate the enemy king. You also win if the opposing King concedes the game, or if the opposing team's time runs out.

If a King becomes under check, he will lose 100 Test points for each different chess figure that have managed to check that king. You can utilise this opportunity to check the opposing king with as many different figures as possible, if you want to strip the opposing King out of points. When a King loses the game under checkmate, timeout, or concedes, that person will lose 1000 Test Points, and his teammates will lose 100 Test Points each. Likewise, winning a chess game will earn the King 1000 Test points, and he can distrubite 500 of those points to his teammates in any way he wants (in addittion to 100 TP that they will already receive).

In addition to the King, there will be also other figures on the board, and each of those figures will have a certain price. You will earn Test points if you capture an opposing chess piece, and lose an equal amount of TP if you lose your respective piece. Here is the point price for each chess piece:

Queen - 750 Test points
Rook - 500 Test points
Knight - 250 Test points
Bishop - 250 Test points
Pawn - 100 Test Points

This is the primary reason why Apache and _Q2 can control a Queen - because their score is already high enough to cope with the possible loss of such an important figure. However, there are certain regulars who only have 50-100 Test points - which can cause then to go in negative if they lose their figures. But don't worry about that! All you have to do is to make your King win, and once you do that, he will be able to cover your point loss during point distrubution.

In addition to that, you can earn even more Test Points if you manage to promote your pawn by reaching the opposing end of the board. Any regular who managed to promote his pawn to a Queen will earn 750 Test Points, for example. But he will lose just as much points if a promoted piece becomes immediately captured by the enemy! So keep your promoted piece on the board if you want to keep the bonus score.

The next important rule is move recording. Only the person who is controlling his respective chess piece can move that piece, but be aware - moving any piece of your team will immediately end your turn and give the turn to the opposing team. So make sure first that your teammates are okay with your move! Your move must be recorded in red text, for example: Nc6. Notify the opposing team immediately once you make your move!

Chess games and positions are recorded using a special notation, most often algebraic chess notation. For example, Qg5 means "queen moves to the g-file and 5th rank" (that is, to the square g5). If there are two pieces of the same type that can move to the same square, one more letter or number is added to indicate the file or rank from which the piece moved, e.g. Ngf3 means "knight from the g-file moves to the square f3". If the piece makes a capture, "x" is inserted before the destination square. Thus Bxf3 means "bishop captures on f3". When a pawn makes a capture, the file from which the pawn departed is used in place of a piece initial, and ranks may be omitted if unambiguous. For example, exd5 (pawn on the e-file captures the piece on d5) or exd (pawn on the e-file captures a piece somewhere on the d-file).

Castling is indicated by the special notations 0-0 for kingside castling and 0-0-0 for queenside castling. An en passant capture is sometimes marked with the notation "e.p." A move that places the opponent's king in check usually has the notation "+" added. Checkmate can be indicated by "#"

The objective of this test is to make your current team win and and the opposing team lose. However, even if your team loses the game, your 5F trials will not end like that. And the winning team should not celebrate their spoils early - because another event will take place after your match is finished. I won't say anything more. Just make your team win!

Finally, this game will be played with a time control. Each team will have 400 hours (roughly 2 weeks) for strategic discussion. You can spend as much time as you want on your turn, be it 10 hours or 100 hours. However, once your timer runs out, your team will lose the game. Be aware that some regulars can make rushing moves on their own in order to avoid their team to lose by timeout. The team leader exists specifically to control those people, so keep than in mind!

How you set up your chess clock and keep the status of the board will be up to you. I will record the board status separately on my own because of your point change during the test. Private messages between the regulars will be allowed, but in general 5F chat only the team that is currently planning their turn has the rights to talk. I will penalise any regular who tries to post in 5F chat when it's not their turn.

louiswill
May 14th, 2014, 11:13 PM
woo...I'm a noob at Chess....400 hours? That is too pro....

Fragos
May 14th, 2014, 11:21 PM
In the chess battle between Vantas and Astrid, the person who wins this test gets the full control on 6F. That person will be able to create few minor tests, or one major challenge for other regulars, without the nessesity to participate in those tests himself. So there is something worth fightining for - especially when your defeat costs you 1000 Test Points. Do your best to make your team WIN!

Also, you probably have not noticed... but powerofdeath is not on this list right now. That is because the Chess Party was planned for 16 regulars, but powerofdeath is the 17th person. So the only figure that powerofdeath can control in this game is, unfortunately a pawn. The only advantage in this situation is that he can choose which of the 16 pawns he can control - white pawn or black pawn. But once powerofdeath has picked a team, he has to make his team win - or at the very least earn 100 or more Test Points with his pawn by capturing opposing team's pieces. Who knows, maybe that pawn even gets promoted during the match? Time will tell.

The Chess Party will start at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=17.05.2014+20.00+MSK

Any questions that you ask, I will answer. Get yourselves and your team mates prepared!

Glip
May 14th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Team Astrid (Raven, NocturneGale, _Q2, DanishPie, and Caysapferg, as I already have Citrus and 42shadow42 added), pm me your skype usernames and I'll create a group chat for us so that we might communicate more efficiently.

Numbertwo
May 15th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Pod, you can be my squire

powerofdeath
May 15th, 2014, 03:37 AM
lol

_Q2
May 15th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Lugialord and Vantas on the same team? LOL, we're not fucked or anything.

_Q2
May 15th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Will teams lose test points if they lose the match, or will they only get a disadvantage?

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 03:55 AM
YYEEEEE THE TWO CHESS MASTARS :D

/me plays competitive and has a brother who can help who's nationally ranked a master

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Will teams lose test points if they lose the match, or will they only get a disadvantage?

They will lose 100 Test points each, their king will lose 1000 Test Points AND they will receive a certain disadvantage at the next test.

And to Vantas, even if you have something like Deep Blue assisting you, it will matter only a little since your match is on timer and regulars can only move the chess pieces that they own. So take caution!

NoctiZ
May 15th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Bleh.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 05:30 AM
They will lose 100 Test points each, their king will lose 1000 Test Points AND they will receive a certain disadvantage at the next test.

And to Vantas, even if you have something like Deep Blue assisting you, it will matter only a little since your match is on timer and regulars can only move the chess pieces that they own. So take caution!The time control's very big though. Two weeks.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Can't find the teams for whatever reason. Hmmm...

Numbertwo
May 15th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Can't find the teams for whatever reason. Hmmm...

check the board.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 05:44 AM
check the board.Is it alternating or something? Like Danish is black, them I'm white, then _Q2's black and so on and so on?
EDIT: NVM thanks xD

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Ok, I'll make the chat when I get back from school. Those of you who don't have my skype on my team, could you please give yours to me? I'm sarasakat on skype.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 07:49 AM
You said if the King wins they gain 1000 points. Are the 500 points that are used for the rest of the team come from that or is the 500 in addition to the King already getting 1000?

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM
You said if the King wins they gain 1000 points. Are the 500 points that are used for the rest of the team come from that or is the 500 in addition to the King already getting 1000?

You can nag all 1000 points by yourself, or distribute 500 points between your team and leave yourself with remaining 500 bonus points.

Tonex
May 15th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Two questions, are we playing by FIDE rules? And do we get a point bonus if our pawn is promoted to a knight instead of a queen?

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 09:05 AM
If your pawn gets promoted to knight or bishop. you will gain only 250 points, or 500 points if you promote it into a rook.

I believe I already checked the FIDE rules when I made then for this test, so this question should be already answered.

Tonex
May 15th, 2014, 09:40 AM
It does not specifically say whether we are playing by FIDE rules, but I ask in case you allow for any of the obscure loopholes FIDE clarifies, like vertical castling or promoting a pawn to the other color.

powerofdeath
May 15th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Both teams please invite me to your group chats. I need to figure out which teams seems more reliable. I will side with whoever I think would win. You can kick me out once I decided a team. If you do not invite me, I will join the other team and help them win.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 09:43 AM
The chat for our team's being made this afternoon once I get home from school. So I can add you when I make it, can you send me a contact request? I'm sarasakat on there.

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Both teams please invite me to your group chats. I need to figure out which teams seems more reliable. I will side with whoever I think would win. You can kick me out once I decided a team. If you do not invite me, I will join the other team and help them win.

That is a nice proposition from someone who is only able to play as a pawn.

powerofdeath
May 15th, 2014, 09:45 AM
That is a nice proposition from someone who is only able to play as a pawn.

Why are you encouraging them to keep me out? What kind of host are you ):

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM
That is a nice proposition from someone who is only able to play as a pawn.At least he's trying to make an educated decision. Though you have a point xD

powerofdeath
May 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM
At least he's trying to make an educated decision. Though you have a point xD

A host shouldn't influence players' decisions.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM
A host shouldn't influence players' decisions.It's the information itself, not the person who said it that matters in this case.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Should PoD join a team, who's pawn would he take the place of, considering he needs control of one?

ika
May 15th, 2014, 09:53 AM
A host shouldn't influence players' decisions.

A host can do what he like overall. There are no rules barring host from commenting

If players want me to help out, i will be on skype as well I have played chess for quite some time

powerofdeath
May 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Should PoD join a team, who's pawn would he take the place of, considering he needs control of one?

I will let your team determine which pawn you think is wise for me to take.

powerofdeath
May 15th, 2014, 09:57 AM
A host can do what he like overall. There are no rules barring host from commenting

If players want me to help out, i will be on skype as well I have played chess for quite some time

I know its not illegal but its like a host posting in a SFM telling a player to recheck his fos.

ika
May 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I know its not illegal but its like a host posting in a SFM telling a player to recheck his fos.

S-FM (or FM in general)=/=tower of the gods (puzzle game)

comparatively those are 2 separate things entirely.

Its no fun if a host cant mindfuck in a game he created where its technacly allowed, i understand the complaint but hes technacly in fair game.

Euphoria
May 15th, 2014, 12:15 PM
A chess trial? This is incredibly fine with me.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Anyone on my team who hasn't been added to the skype chat yet, please contact me! We're missing louiswill, Apache, and NoctiZ. The chat has been made so please get in contact as soon as possible! We need to discuss some things.

Glip
May 15th, 2014, 12:33 PM
From what I've heard from my Marriland friends, these teams may be a little unbalanced. Nevertheless, I wish everyone luck in the coming endeavors.

I'm still missing a skype contact name for our fearless leader DanishPie and NocturneGale so that Team Astrid can be unified.

Cay
May 15th, 2014, 12:44 PM
From what I've heard from my Marriland friends, these teams may be a little unbalanced. Nevertheless, I wish everyone luck in the coming endeavors.

I'm still missing a skype contact name for our fearless leader DanishPie so that Team Astrid can be unified.
DanishPie's Skype is DanishPasta.

_Q2
May 15th, 2014, 12:57 PM
NocturneGale is most likely not able to access SC2 due to problems he has with the site on his computer/iPad, from what I remember him telling me. He asked about it in the Marriland ToG thread as well, so we might want to worm something out with that.

Vantas
May 15th, 2014, 01:09 PM
We accept Power of Death onto our team. He'll be the b pawn, taking the place of NumberTwo's pawn.

Apache
May 15th, 2014, 01:14 PM
ok guys never heard of that game.
but ima queen thats kinda nice, so, my pawns, go take out all of them enemy fuckers!
my pawn follows the order: dx#d7
checkmate i'd say (always wanted to say that) but we gonna kill the rest of them though, so we yield more points

vantas, aren't those master/grandmaster titles international?

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 01:16 PM
We accept Power of Death onto our team. He'll be the b pawn, taking the place of NumberTwo's pawn.

I thought that was powerofdeath's decision alone? PoD, do you confirm that?

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 01:24 PM
NocturneGale is most likely not able to access SC2 due to problems he has with the site on his computer/iPad, from what I remember him telling me. He asked about it in the Marriland ToG thread as well, so we might want to worm something out with that.

I believe he was able to log in a Regular No. 10 back at the Room of Masks. The password still works for him, so if he can't create a new account on SC2, I will allow him to use Regular No. 10's account. Once he logs in, he can change avatar and personal info as he likes, or ask me to change it.

Glip
May 15th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I believe he was able to log in a Regular No. 10 back at the Room of Masks. The password still works for him, so if he can't create a new account on SC2, I will allow him to use Regular No. 10's account. Once he logs in, he can change avatar and personal info as he likes, or ask me to change it.

I should be able to get an upper staff member to change the name as well, if need be.

Fragos
May 15th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I should be able to get an upper staff member to change the name as well, if need be.

We don't need that right now. I still have some plans for those anonymous accounts, so Regular No. 10's name should stay unchanged.

Tonex
May 15th, 2014, 03:24 PM
About the game mechanics, does the "moves being unable to taken back" mean that if our team decided on a terrible move, as long as I submit an action before them, no one else can undo it? Also, is it possible to give away my test points other than to people with negative points?

Fragos
May 16th, 2014, 12:18 AM
About the game mechanics, does the "moves being unable to taken back" mean that if our team decided on a terrible move, as long as I submit an action before them, no one else can undo it? Also, is it possible to give away my test points other than to people with negative points?

The first person in the team who submits his move to me in this thread will then give the turn to opposing team. So yeah, it's possible for things like this to happen.

Fragos
May 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
As I previously said, the current match will be on timer. The timer for White team will start as soon as the game starts, so don't snooze off on your very first turn!

And one more thing. I created my own account on Skype, with the name "frags.bunny". Both groups can add me to their contact lists. I would like to see their team chats.

powerofdeath
May 16th, 2014, 10:53 AM
As I previously said, the current match will be on timer. The timer for White team will start as soon as the game starts, so don't snooze off on your very first turn!

How long is the timer?

powerofdeath
May 16th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Also Ill join Vantas and take Numbertwo's pawn

Fragos
May 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM
How long is the timer?

You didn't read the rules? 400 hours for each team. By the way, can you confirm that you chose White Pawn B as your own piece (under Numbertwo's knight)?

AlphaStorm
May 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Just posting to say I'm NocturneGale on Marriland so that'll need updating.

Fragos
May 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Attention to all regulars! Your next test starts NOW! Get ready to play some chess:

Tower of God - 5F: The Chess Party

You have to record your own turns by posting here in this thread. You can alse use inter-team discussion in this thread as well. Remember, that only the person who is controlling his respective chess piece can move that piece, but moving any piece of your team will immediately end your turn and give the turn to the opposing team. So make sure first that your teammates are okay with your move! Your move must be recorded in red text, for example: Nc6. Notify the opposing team immediately once you make your move!

Also, another important rule has been added to this game - the "ten turns" rule. Normally, when a team loses, 1000 Test points are deduced from their king and 100 points are deduced from each of the team members. However, if you team loses the game in less 10 turns, each team member will lose half of his current Test Points or 100 Points, whichever is higher (the king loses 1000 TP or half, whichever is higher). And by 10 turns I mean 10 turns of white and 10 turns of black. Other than that, the remaining rules remain unchanged.

Finally, this game will be played with a time control. Each team will have 400 hours (roughly 2 weeks) for strategic discussion. You can spend as much time as you want on your turn, be it 10 hours or 100 hours. However, once your timer runs out, your team will lose the game. Be aware that some regulars can make rushing moves on their own in order to avoid their team to lose by timeout. The team leader exists specifically to control those people, so keep than in mind!

And with that, good luck and have fun!

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 11:47 AM
e3

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 11:49 AM
g5

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 11:50 AM
e4

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 11:51 AM
​Nh6

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Ke2

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Ng8

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Kd3

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Nh6

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Ke3

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Nh6

Again.

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Oops Ng8

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Ke2~

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Nh6~

Vantas
May 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Ke1

42shadow42
May 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Ng8​

Fragos
May 17th, 2014, 12:38 PM
You know, there are well-known stalemate rules. if the board ever exists in the same state 3 times either player can declare it a stalemate. In stalemate, both groups lose, so both will lose points - kings will lose 500 each, and everyone else 100 points. So if the same state of board is repeated 3 or more times, it will automatically count as stalemate. Just for your notice.

And if you lose the game by stalemate, then there'll be no rewards for either Vantas or Astrid.

Samsung09
May 17th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hmm,sorry for not being active at all (I'm Grovylite,btw)
I'll start playing tomorrow!

powerofdeath
May 17th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Fragos, can you please update the map every 20 moves or something, its gonna be hard to follow where pieces are after like 100 turns.

Fragos
May 17th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I have my own physical chessboard which I can use to keep track on the map. You can use online chess sites (not sure which ones) to play alone using the moves you just recorded, or ask your teammates to update the map. I though I told you that you have to watch the status of the board by yourself.

Fragos
May 18th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Attention to all regulars. I have an announcement for you.

Astrid have decided to spend 100 of his Test Points to recruit a teammate. That person's name is Winter, and he will pariticipate in the Tower of God for Astrid's cause. Any points that would be earned or lost by Winter will affect Astrid instead.

Furthermore, Astrid have decided to give King's position to Winter, while retaining control over black E pawn. So the new king for the black team should be now Winter. He's a new guy here, so treat him well!

Euphoria
May 18th, 2014, 01:20 PM
h4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

42shadow42
May 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM
gxh4

Vantas
May 18th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Ke2

Citrus
May 18th, 2014, 05:30 PM
F5

Vantas
May 18th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Ke1

Citrus
May 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM
fxe4

Apache
May 19th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Qh5#
checkmate! i won, i get extra points for checkmating :D

Vantas
May 19th, 2014, 07:50 AM
gggggggggg

xD

Apache
May 19th, 2014, 08:03 AM
i'm professional chess player, you see :D

Fragos
May 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM
The chess round between Vantas's team and Astrid's team has been ended. The result of the test was victory for White team, but giving the nature of the match itself, the winning team will receive only 50 Test points each, and their king will only gain 500 Test Points. The losers, however, will play in full price - 1000 Test Points will be deduced for Astrid and 100 Test points will be deduded from everyone else. 2 White pawns were captured during the game as well, by Citrus and 42shadow42. After the first chess round, the scoreboard is now looking like this:

Vantas

_Q2

Astrid/Winter

Grovylite

Apache

Raven

Cay

Euphoria

Tonex

Numbertwo

AlphaStorm

Glip

louiswill

NoctiZ

powerofdeath

Citrus

42shadow42

You think it's all over? The REAL test for all of you will begin very soon. In the next chess round 16 regulars will be playing against a single person (better knows as The Guardian). You now have to defeat the Guardian in the game in chess in order to pass through 5F. The same also goes for Vantas. If he wants to get control over 6F, he now has to lead the entire cast of regulars to victory in order gain control over 6F. Now, looks at this chess board, if you please - there will be your new team distribution:

Regarding White Rook H - it can be only controlled by Astrid OR his teammate Winter. But regarding White Pawn H - it will be controlled by only one of the two people - Citrus OR 42shadow42. So that means one of then HAS to skip this match. And Vantas will have to decide which one will stay in and which one will be left behind. It's rather cruel, I know - but both of then made moves that caused their black team to lose, against the spirit of the game itself. Everyone else will be assigned to their positions according to their current points.

Your opponent will be known as The Guardian. He will be an anonymous person, using Regular No. 1's account for the duration of the test. Athough it's fair to say that The Guardian is NOT one of the regulars himself. Unlike Astrid, I'm sure that Guardian is not a soft person, and will most likely go all out against you. So in order to defeat him, an absolute cooperation and teamwork from each of you is needed. For this round, you will have to toss aside all the differences, and with your power combined, defeat The Guardian. Another part of the challenge will be, of course, discovering the actual identity of The Guardian. Who knows, maybe you will be able to strike a bargain with him?..

The usual rules for the first game will also apply here - each regular can only move a piece that he or she owns, the King can spend 100 TP to control the actions of others, and the chess figures will have the same price as before. The only difference between you and The Guardian is that he doesn't have any points to lose. So if he, for example, strikes a Queen first, that Queen's owner will lose 750 points without any option to return then back. So watch your back! If you lose against the Guradian, the King will lose 1000 TP, and everyone else will lose 100 TP (on top of points that they earned or lost during the match). Futhermore, after the first defeat, you will have to fight against The Guradian again, with his idenitity revealed this time... Well, his identity will be revealed after the match anyway... so the first time will be a charm, right?

Your defeat will affect both Citrus and 42shadow42 as well. One of then will be most likely dropped of Tower if he drops in the negative zone. Should you manage to win this game though, everyone will earn 100 TP, and Vantas will earn 1000 TP, though he can distribute half of his rewards to other regulars (inculding Citrus and 42shadow42).

And don't forget that each time a King becomes under check, Vantas will lose 100 TP for each different figure that have managed to check her. Also, the same time control rules will apply as well - both you and The Guardian will have 400 hours to spare. Make sure your timer does not run out! Your battle againast the Guardian will start at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=20.05.2014+20.00+MSK

Since White Team will go first, there will be no nessesity to wait for the Guardian's arrival. He'll probably show up before the game starts. Before you say any other words - the game against The Guardian was already planned from the beginning after your first match. However, I had no intentions of making The Guardian anonymous until I saw how the first game started to lean towards Vantas's victory. You brought this onto yourself, so expect a harder challenge than usual!

Good luck!.. you will really need it this time. Now, where is that person that used to be this Guardian...

Vantas
May 19th, 2014, 09:20 AM
What "nature" of the win caused us to only win half? This wasn't in the rules anywhere.

Citrus
May 19th, 2014, 09:23 AM
What "nature" of the win caused us to only win half? This wasn't in the rules anywhere.

Looks like bastard modding! :p

Vantas
May 19th, 2014, 09:26 AM
lol who's surprised though XD Frags is out to screw us as much as possible.

What will happen to the person I don't choose? Are they eliminated from the Tower unless I win and help them? Or do they just sit out?

Apache
May 19th, 2014, 10:31 AM
lol i checkmated them regularly, we should get full points.
who said they couldnt surrender to us because fragos made our team so OP?

louiswill
May 19th, 2014, 11:22 AM
The guardian....Gawd, I have no chance of winning.

Fragos
May 19th, 2014, 11:30 AM
lol who's surprised though XD Frags is out to screw us as much as possible.

What will happen to the person I don't choose? Are they eliminated from the Tower unless I win and help them? Or do they just sit out?

He will sit out, though if you win the first round against the Guardian, he will ascend to 6F with you. Of course he can still send out strategic and tactical suggestions for your team. But if one of then loses as the result of being defeated by Guardian and becomes eliminated from Tower, the second person that was not chosen will be able to participate in the rematch against the Guardian.

Citrus or 42shadow42? You choose. Both of then have the lowest amount of points, and there is only enough place for 16 regulars. You think it would be fair if I had to drop out someone else?

Vantas
May 19th, 2014, 11:54 AM
No, I was just curious what happened. Essentially, how high the stakes would be for them.

I'm keeping in 42, and Citrus'll be sitting out.

Vantas
May 19th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Wait, you're saying the test started two days ago? ;o Shiet.

Fragos
May 19th, 2014, 12:04 PM
The game against the Guardian will begin tomorrow.

Regular No. 1
May 19th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I'm here and ready to play chess with then. Can't wait to see what'll happen if they lose ^^

Vantas
May 19th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Hello Guardian. At least answer this:

are you from SC2 or Marriland?

powerofdeath
May 19th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I'm here and ready to play chess with then. Can't wait to see what'll happen if they lose ^^

OMG! I know who you are!

Ill pm you your COM to see if I'm right.

Apache
May 19th, 2014, 12:22 PM
lol if you know write it here, we should figure out anyway i think

Fragos
May 19th, 2014, 12:24 PM
The Guardian can be from either of those sites. But don't bother asking him about his identity, he will probably not answer that to you.

ika
May 19th, 2014, 04:09 PM
i should out the com of who it most likely is XD

Astrid
May 19th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Well, that's just sad. I liked my lead. Oh well, things happen... You don't need to be against me now, right?

Fragos
May 20th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Your true 5F trial begins NOW!

Tower of God - 5F: The Chess Guardian

This will be your most difficult challenge so far. It may look like a simple game of chess, but trust me - you'll need more than just your wits in order to win against The Guardian! Rest assured, he will probaly not go easy on you. Good luck and... I hope that you will not miss most of the fun this time.

Tonex
May 20th, 2014, 08:39 PM
e4

Regular No. 1
May 20th, 2014, 10:14 PM
e5

xRavenx
May 21st, 2014, 12:32 AM
Nf3

Regular No. 1
May 21st, 2014, 02:00 AM
Nc6

Vantas
May 21st, 2014, 09:34 AM
If we take a piece of the opponents, do we gain points from it? Just making sure cause idk otherwise xD

Fragos
May 21st, 2014, 11:07 AM
If we take a piece of the opponents, do we gain points from it? Just making sure cause idk otherwise xD

Of course you will. Check the price of each piece. The person which piece captures the Guardian's piece will gain points, while the person which piece becomes taken will lose points. Because of this match's nautre, it is possible for some regulars to gain points and for others to lose points.

Numbertwo
May 21st, 2014, 01:46 PM
D4

Regular No. 1
May 21st, 2014, 11:05 PM
I like strong moves.

d5!

xRavenx
May 22nd, 2014, 04:58 AM
Nxe5

Regular No. 1
May 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
dxe4

Vantas
May 22nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
Hey Guardian, can I take a stab at your identity? (and can I win something if I get it right? :D )

Regular No. 1
May 22nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
Sorry, no can do. And can't you make your turns faster somehow?

Euphoria
May 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Bb5

Regular No. 1
May 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Bd7

Euphoria
May 22nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
Bxc6

Regular No. 1
May 22nd, 2014, 01:28 PM
Bxc6

Apache
May 22nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Nc3

Regular No. 1
May 22nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
f5

Numbertwo
May 23rd, 2014, 03:43 AM
D5

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 03:59 AM
Bd7

_Q2
May 23rd, 2014, 12:47 PM
Qh5+

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
Now I'm really serious! My chess skillz are not the only thing you should worry about.

g6

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Well if you're not a regular, then why should we be concerned? You can't hurt us more than this game itself. And plus, why do you even care on who wins? Just let us have our points and be done - if you're someone who was hurt by someone in the group, there's no need to punish everyone. And plus, isn't it better to forgive and forget?

If you weren't a regular before, then just give us points and let it be that lol. I honestly see no reason for you to try if you aren't a regular. The only reasons I can see are revenge if you were a regular and....? if you never were.

_Q2
May 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Well if you're not a regular, then why should we be concerned? You can't hurt us more than this game itself. And plus, why do you even care on who wins? Just let us have our points and be done - if you're someone who was hurt by someone in the group, there's no need to punish everyone. And plus, isn't it better to forgive and forget?

If you weren't a regular before, then just give us points and let it be that lol. I honestly see no reason for you to try if you aren't a regular. The only reasons I can see are revenge if you were a regular and....? if you never were.
Preach it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
I am just the Guardian. I am the one enormous obstacle that you must overcome in order to win.

xRavenx
May 23rd, 2014, 01:22 PM
Nxg6

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
I am just the Guardian. I am the one enormous obstacle that you must overcome in order to win.Well at least answer the question. What's your motive for playing? It seems a little hard to swallow someone would just jump in with no previous interest of ToG.

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
Alright. Raven, was it? Time for you to make a deal with me. Will you listen to it?

I will allow you to capture my black rook on h8, but under certain condition. Are you ready to listen to it?

xRavenx
May 23rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Alright. Raven, was it? Time for you to make a deal with me. Will you listen to it?

I will allow you to capture my black rook on h8, but under certain condition. Are you ready to listen to it?

What conditions?

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Seeing as you guys aren't being too nice with me, time to go all out. Watch this!

Nf6!!

Now, Raven, here is the big deal. You capture my rook on h8 and by doing that, you allow me to capture that white queen on h5 (_Q2). If you do that, I promise to spare your chess piece for the remainder of the match as long as you stay put on h8. You'll be the big score winner even if your team loses!

But if you allow the queen to escape, I'll take your knight piece instead. I'm sure you won't be happy with that. Will you accept my generous offer and take that exchange? Hurry with your decision before Vantas's team make their next move!

_Q2
May 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Nope. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

_Q2
May 23rd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Qh4

xRavenx
May 23rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
Seeing as you guys aren't being too nice with me, time to go all out. Watch this!

Nf6!!

Now, Raven, here is the big deal. You capture my rook on h8 and by doing that, you allow me to capture that white queen on h5 (_Q2). If you do that, I promise to spare your chess piece for the remainder of the match as long as you stay put on h8. You'll be the big score winner even if your team loses!

But if you allow the queen to escape, I'll take your knight piece instead. I'm sure you won't be happy with that. Will you accept my generous offer and take that exchange? Hurry with your decision before Vantas's team make their next move!Why the heck do you want us to lose? You never answered that lmao. I know you want to win, but what's your motive?

@Raven LMAO xD

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 01:47 PM
How sad. You just allowed then to take that great opportunity for you. Don't blame me for what'll happen afterwards ^^

Rg8

xRavenx
May 23rd, 2014, 01:49 PM
Nxf8

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
How sad. You just allowed then to take that great opportunity for you. Don't blame me for what'll happen afterwards ^^

Rg8You just got evaded lmao. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 01:56 PM
Rxf8

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
Tsk though. I thought you were a noble player. You were willing to resort to dirty tricks to get what you wanted. Perhaps its because you thought you couldn't beat us fair and square?

How unfortunate.

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 02:01 PM
I compliment you for not falling to such temptations.

However, there will come another moment when you'll have to face another hard decision once again. Will you be prepared?

Cay
May 23rd, 2014, 02:05 PM
Bg5

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 02:09 PM
Qe7

Apache
May 23rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
it's obvious what his motive is, either he is fragos himself or he is someone who helps fragos and wants to challenge us or he is just ambitious, i could totally understand that. it's the same as if you ask someone, why he wants to win a fm, which you dont benefit from either. everyone wants to win

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
0-0-0

Apache
May 23rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
I compliment you for not falling to such temptations.

However, there will come another moment when you'll have to face another hard decision once again. Will you be prepared?

how you know what will happen in the future

_Q2
May 23rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
it's obvious what his motive is, either he is fragos himself or he is someone who helps fragos and wants to challenge us or he is just ambitious, i could totally understand that. it's the same as if you ask someone, why he wants to win a fm, which you dont benefit from either. everyone wants to win
I made a post analysis, and it points to Frags being the Guardian. There are a couple subtle mistakes in grammar that make it pretty obvious, too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Btw you can't break Marr ties we are 3stronk5u ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vantas
May 23rd, 2014, 02:37 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

42shadow42
May 23rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Yo guardian, I just got home and reviewed the game and I have to say, at some point you dun goofed.

Regular No. 1
May 23rd, 2014, 10:35 PM
0-0-0

ika
May 24th, 2014, 12:44 AM
right now looking at this game, white has the advantage in position and material

http://i.imgur.com/AzvCwda.jpg

Numbertwo
May 24th, 2014, 01:02 PM
D6

42shadow42
May 24th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I think we may have scared the guardian off with our OP Pawn advance.

ika
May 24th, 2014, 05:29 PM
im already trying to see like 3 moves ahead to help you guys XP (even though you prob dont need it)

gaurdian is going to lose something no matter what basically

Euphoria
May 24th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Pawn sacrifice op

Regular No. 1
May 25th, 2014, 12:05 AM
cxd6

ika
May 25th, 2014, 12:42 AM
ND5 is best move for white from what i was playing though on the move ideas

it forces black queen loss or a huge maerial loss regarless of what happens next

Euphoria
May 25th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Ika, I appreciate that but I don't think you should help us because then the Guardian might not count our victory as our own.

And yes, Nd5 was the whole point of the sacrifice.

Apache
May 25th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Well mobile internet is slow in the rural area i am atm sry
Nd5

Regular No. 1
May 25th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Qg7

Cay
May 25th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Bxf6

Regular No. 1
May 25th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Rxf6

ika
May 25th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Ika, I appreciate that but I don't think you should help us because then the Guardian might not count our victory as our own.

And yes, Nd5 was the whole point of the sacrifice.

There are no rules about getting outside help :)

last time when it was team vs team fragos said you can use any recorces around. And fragos/gardrian has yet to say anything about me posting in here or giving advice. So ya but if yoy dont want it i will not post.

TBH if he disqualified it b/c of my posting it would be quite unfair and imo a jerk move to do such thing.

Apache
May 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM
well, there was also no rule that said we couldnt make up a way to minimize point loss for everyone

ika
May 25th, 2014, 02:15 PM
the fun thing is i ran so many diffrent scnarios and it either ends in one of the following:

A)black being checkmated
B)black losing the queen

and the later eventaly to A regardless

good times

Apache
May 25th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Nxf6

Regular No. 1
May 25th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Bc6

Fragos
May 26th, 2014, 11:29 AM
You know, white team has already used 85 or so hours. I'm keeping the track on time, after all. I've checked the chess clock - and right now the Guardian has the time advantage.

You sure you can make it in time?

_Q2
May 26th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Out of 400 hours? Yes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If I need to make a move, tell me here, because I don't have Skype access right now.

Fragos
May 27th, 2014, 10:57 PM
The clock is still ticking...

ika
May 27th, 2014, 11:21 PM
85+48=133

400-132=267/24= aprox a little over 11 days...

Vantas
May 28th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Anyone on for this, please get on skype. We need to discuss the next move and not waste time like this.

deathworlds
May 28th, 2014, 09:07 PM
lol guardian is me gg.

Vantas
May 29th, 2014, 05:38 AM
lol guardian is me gg.gg WP liar :p

Astrid
May 29th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Rhg1

Regular No. 1
May 29th, 2014, 06:11 AM
h6

NoctiZ
May 29th, 2014, 06:39 AM
g4

Regular No. 1
May 29th, 2014, 07:36 AM
f4

Astrid
May 29th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Rge1

Regular No. 1
May 29th, 2014, 12:22 PM
d5

Apache
May 29th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Nxe4
go take my knight

Regular No. 1
May 29th, 2014, 10:11 PM
thank you very much, but i would like to refuse

Re8

ika
May 29th, 2014, 10:47 PM
bad move on guardian

ND6+! is white move now

forks king/rook

followed by knight take rook b/c rook still guards knight and cant take it

Vantas
May 29th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Lol didn't you screw yourself over anyway though with that move Guardian?

ggwp

Apache
May 29th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Nd6+

Fragos
May 30th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Attention to all regulars! The test has been ended. The Guardian has conceded from the game.

It is true that while contolling 16 different chess pieces was difficult for each regular, the fact that the white team consisted of 16 people against a single Guardian is what exactly allowed you to plan your moves and win the game against him. You showed up excellent teamwork - especially Astrid, who made few good moves on his own. And now, here is the order of turns in this game:

Turn number
White
Black
Score change

e4
e5

Nf3
Nc6

d4
d5

Nxe5
dxe4
+100 for Raven, -100 for Tonex

Bb5
Bd7

Bxc6
Bxc6

Nc3
f5

d5
Bd7

Qh5+
g6

Nxg6
Nf6
+100 for Raven

Qh4
Rg8

Nxf8
Rxf8

Bg5
Qe7

0-0-0
0-0-0

d6
cxd6
-100 for Numbertwo

Nd5
Qg7

Bxf6
Rxf6

Nxf6
Bc6
+500 for Apache

Rhg1
h6

g4
f4

Rge1
d5

Nxe4
Ee8
+100 for Apache

Nd6+
Concede

Here are you current Test Points after the chess game:

Vantas
2250 (500 more can be distrubuted between everyone else)

Apache

_Q2

Astrid

Grovylite

Raven

Cay

Euphoria

Tonex

AlphaStorm

Numbertwo

Glip

louiswill

NoctiZ

powerofdeath

42shadow42

Citrus

Citrus was not in the last game, but Vantas can still distribute Test Points to him if he want. It's rare to say that, but everyone managed to pass the test succesfully! Congratulations to you!.. is what I would want to say. But it seems than we'll continue onward without one person.

Cay chose to leave from the forums (both Mafia and Marriland), and as such, we most likely will not see him in the future. However, I will keep his Test Points as they are now.

Now that 5F trial is over, time to fulfill that promise. The tests on the next floor, 6F, will be supervised by Vantas! He will have complete control over that floor now. It will take a while before he'll create a new series of tests, and of course he should talk with me on Skype first so that those tests will be balanced and give a fair chance for everyone. After test(s) on 6F end, I will prepare for you a brand new challenge on 7F for everyone, including Vantas. Look forward to it, folks!

One more word. There is also an additional way for you to earn few more Test Points. And that is participation in M-FM Nasty Rumours Too! If this M-FM gets chosen as the next one, and you manage to win that Forum Mafia game, then you'll earn Test Points based on your alignment. So until Vantas prepares the next series of tests, you can bide your time by picking next Mini Forum Mafia in the official M-FM XXIII Poll (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27531-M-FM-XXIII-Poll)!

That's all for now, folks!

Numbertwo
May 30th, 2014, 02:38 AM
you promised to reveal the guardians identity. who was it?

Glip
May 30th, 2014, 03:21 AM
you promised to reveal the guardians identity. who was it?

'Twas Fragos himself, of course.

Isn't it obvious?

Numbertwo
May 30th, 2014, 03:25 AM
'Twas Fragos himself, of course.

Isn't it obvious?

I know it's obvious but i wanted to see him say it.

Apache
May 30th, 2014, 03:53 AM
fucking guardian wanted me not to get the 500 points, fuck this

ika
May 30th, 2014, 05:37 AM
the guardian (fragos) should play game to end if hes outing points. its unfiar for all players who could of won points

inb4 players do mass boycott

Fragos
May 30th, 2014, 07:02 AM
There was no rule that would disallow the Guardian to concede the game. If you would haved ended up in similar situation, you would probably have conceded the match as well, in order to avoid losing even more points.

Vantas
May 30th, 2014, 07:13 AM
There was no rule that would disallow the Guardian to concede the game. If you would haved ended up in similar situation, you would probably have conceded the match as well, in order to avoid losing even more points.Reveal the Guardian please :D

ika
May 30th, 2014, 09:07 AM
There was no rule that would disallow the Guardian to concede the game. If you would haved ended up in similar situation, you would probably have conceded the match as well, in order to avoid losing even more points.

actualy i would of continued playing as guradian to let players get their points. the fact that you did that is just so someone couldnt reap points.

if it was a regular chess game then yes by all means i would of. but scince players could get points, i would of played to very end

Apache
May 30th, 2014, 11:24 AM
no one would have given up at this point in a regular chess game i think
guardian just did it so we dont get more points => guardian can only be fragos, because if it was someone else he wouldnt give a fuck about us gaining points and just try to win the game

ika
May 30th, 2014, 11:46 AM
no one would have given up at this point in a regular chess game i think
guardian just did it so we dont get more points => guardian can only be fragos, because if it was someone else he wouldnt give a fuck about us gaining points and just try to win the game

yellow: no its a lost cause at that point for black assuming both players are skilled enought o see, so in a regular game blacks ideal position is to resign. however due to the nature of how this game was bing played (for points) its unfair for him to do that.

regular game= could see it
point game (how it was being used)= should be played to very end

OJ: kinda why fragos is being unfair about it it just comes to show he doesnt want to hand out points b/c he made a bad move. i say if this is to be redone have an outsider play guardian and played to very end or at least be fair to players

Fragos
May 30th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Ok, I admit it. I really was The Guardian.

Who else would be able to test your teamwork skills to a full extent? All this time I was serious on trying to beat you, yet I was so sure that combined efforts of 16 people would lead then this far. So let's just close this talk and say that you have earned a well-deserved rest. How long your break will last depends on Vantas. He'll be making tests for the next floor, after all.

ika
May 30th, 2014, 12:30 PM
you could at least compenstate by letting apeach have his 500 points. the next 2 moves were set up in chain pretty much

i personally like this dicussion that was made and tbh, criticizem and stuff like this is needed to help improve adn learn, sometimes the truth hurts but its more or less a fact of life overall

As for 16 players, even if only half or a quater of them knew. Its still favors them IMO b/c they have near infinte resorces to look into.

I may not be playing but i was a player and things like these are what made me (prob RLVG and many others) go kinda IDGAF if host is going to do what he like and makes it unfun for players.

Fragos
May 30th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Sigh... Apache already captured one rook and two pawns for free. And I allowed his knight to roam around the board. You think it was easy for me alone to deal with the most annoying chess piece?

I may not be a pro, but at the very least I tried to enjoy playing chess. I believe everyone else enjoyed playing chess round as well. What can be better than satisfaction of a victory?

The Tower of God is cruel sometimes as well, and already claimed many lives. Many more will be lost in the future. It will be only the matter of time. Well see wherether Vantas will be a cruel host or nice person for the duration of 6F test. Depending in his performance, even Apache might be able to creats future tests for 8F or 9F, so keep that in mind! He already has just as high score as Vantas had just before the chess game began.

powerofdeath
May 30th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I did completely nothing, most people just gave Glip their password and Glip play for us.