PDA

View Full Version : How can we make the Coroner more relevant?

Admiral
May 5th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Rarely do I see a Coroner in a game these days as the role is hardly ever useful.

I propose a change to the role that could potentially make it more interesting. Instead of having to autopsy bodies, when a coroner is present, all dead bodies are revealed as normal, but if the coroner dies, then all roles fall into ???. Coroner is never used anyways so why not experiment with it. The Coroner would become a high value target for the mafia if his identity was known. He would not expendable anymore.

I know clue already exists but this is sort of the opposite. What do you think?

Edit: Their autopsy ability would be to find the role of a dead disguised victim or janituzed corpse.

AppleyNO
May 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Why is this in circlejerk? I support moving this to Mafia Discussion.

louiswill
May 5th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Circle jerk get more attentions.

But basically, the way to make coroner even more OP is to extend day light saving policy.

Helz
May 5th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Make a save and play the "Clue" variation.

powerofdeath
May 5th, 2014, 03:37 PM
sweg

Admiral
May 6th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Make a save and play the "Clue" variation.

Shouldn't really need to play Clue(I've only ever played one game of Clue mode that didn't get destroyed by a leave train) to make a role relevant.

Nick
May 6th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Make Citizen more useful the same way. When all Citizens dead, double the kills of killing roles.

oops_ur_dead
May 6th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Or how about make it so coroner can discover last wills and add a host option to have last wills not be publicly shown. Then last wills aren't as OP and coroner is more useful.

cxx
May 7th, 2014, 03:40 AM
It's not the night actions that make a role powerful. You should adapt your playstyle to the importance of the role. I personally prefer Coroner.

Admiral
May 7th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Or how about make it so coroner can discover last wills and add a host option to have last wills not be publicly shown. Then last wills aren't as OP and coroner is more useful.

Or both. But that is a really good idea and more likely to have people willingly check the option. The last wills should also not be revealed to anyone but the coroner of course.

It's not the night actions that make a role powerful. You should adapt your playstyle to the importance of the role. I personally prefer Coroner.

Not saying you're lying... but you're lying.