PDA

View Full Version : beelzebo$$ reads a book and takes a test on it in english class the following day and fails

Orpz
May 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
50% wat the fuck

post ur life failures to cheer me up

creedkingsx
May 1st, 2014, 09:01 PM
I read beelzebo$$ as beezelboo.

Frog
May 2nd, 2014, 06:08 AM
What is an English test? This is very perplexing. Are you telling me you aren't graded by your ability to create rational compelling arguments via essays? Rather multiple choice or fill in the blanks? This concept is so bizarre!!! If it were a multiple choice or fill in the blanks test, I suppose it is a content based exam and not (useful/) analytical.

Back in my senior year of high schol I was taking IB Physics Higher Level (sort of like an AP Exam, except it's based on 2 years of material instead of 6 months), I was racing through the exam and had to reread this one question several times:
"Describe the concept of gravitational lessening. Include a diagram." - this question is worth quite a few points and I'm given a whole page to basically write an essay and draw a diagram. I have no idea what the hell gravitational lessening is. So I end up writing:

1."Gravitational lessening is the process of reversing the earth's gravitational pull."
[Draws a before picture of the world with a gravity switch flipped 'on']
2."Gravitational lessening results in people flying into space, not unlike superman."
[Draws an after picture of the world with a gravity switch flipped 'off', indicates people flyings away from earth, indicates superman flying away from earth]

My physics professor always requests copies of the exams we take (something the AP doesn't let professors or students do for some reason), and to this day uses it as an example of how to read the question carefully:

"describe gravitational LENSING"

Orpz
May 2nd, 2014, 06:30 AM
Not useful at all. Just tests on my ability to recall what color shirt a character was wearing on Day four.
The essay portion's the only part that relates to the universal truth of the book.

that's the sickest way to go about a question you didn't know. I prefer the ol' "outline my hand and write high five bro"

AppleyNO
May 2nd, 2014, 07:07 AM
My English tests are jokes. My English 2A (Advanced Sophomore English) tests over vocab and has multiple choice tests over 2 of the 4 books we have read. The final is going to be some vocabulary and some multiple choice questions over Mice and Men, maybe with am essay at the end.

What English are you taking Orpz?

Orpz
May 2nd, 2014, 07:32 AM
My English tests are jokes. My English 2A (Advanced Sophomore English) tests over vocab and has multiple choice tests over 2 of the 4 books we have read. The final is going to be some vocabulary and some multiple choice questions over Mice and Men, maybe with am essay at the end.

What English are you taking Orpz?

AP English 4

It's a bummer because I recently learned the college I'm planning to attend only counts AP Credit once between English 3 and 4, and I've already taken and passed AP3. If I knew that, I would have just stuck to college prep english and turn in my raps as essays.