PDA

View Full Version : Bring post count back to Player Reports

Helz
April 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I don't know why it was removed but that is stupid. If thats not a legit post than nothing on this site is.

kyle1234513
April 26th, 2014, 06:40 PM
all the support + 1.

Forum Mafia GM
April 26th, 2014, 06:41 PM
whoops i tested to see if removing post count retroactively affected post count; it did not. >_> <_<
I'll fix bring it back lol

Forum Mafia GM
April 26th, 2014, 06:43 PM
fixed, sorry aboot that

Coast
April 26th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Our message was heard! We have the power!

PS: Thanks.

Helz
April 26th, 2014, 06:58 PM
No worries~

oops_ur_dead
April 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
whoops i tested to see if removing post count retroactively affected post count; it did not. >_> <_<
I'll fix bring it back lol

You can make it retroactively affect post count. There's some option in the update counters page where you can recalculate post counts.

creedkingsx
April 26th, 2014, 10:39 PM
You can make it retroactively affect post count. There's some option in the update counters page where you can recalculate post counts.

It did it back when we made it so posts less than 5 characters no longer apply.

Apache
April 27th, 2014, 12:42 AM
there are way too many sites where it doesnt count
the only places it shouldnt count is circlejerk (if existed), fm games (NOT fm parking) and puzzles & forum games
the rest is bullshit. post counter is now useless. site is dead

Helz
April 27th, 2014, 12:58 AM
The site is not dead yet. But it is dieing and that is a reflection of the decisions we have made as a community.

AppleyNO
April 27th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I don't know why it was removed but that is stupid. If thats not a legit post than nothing on this site is.
It was removed? T.T

the only places it shouldnt count is circlejerk (if existed), fm games (NOT fm parking) and puzzles & forum games
I agree with you, but it requires the current GD mods to write up a rule about quality, and I don't want to open that can of worms.

Bruno
April 27th, 2014, 06:37 PM
A quality restriction on Gen Disc would only fuck this site further, Appley.

Unless that's your goal *shrugs*

Apocist
April 27th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Have to agree, until(unless) CJ is reimplemented, GD is the CJ

Coast
April 27th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Have to agree, until(unless) CJ is reimplemented, GD is the CJ
General discussion is well - general discussion. Any content deemed inappropriate will be removed, and the General Discussion rules still apply to this section. If Circle Jerk is reinstated then feel free to post any amount of ridiculous content to your heart's desire.

AppleyNO
April 27th, 2014, 06:44 PM
A quality restriction on Gen Disc would only fuck this site further, Appley.

Unless that's your goal *shrugs*
Thats why I said I didn't want to open that can of worms. xD

We are discussing things in staff chat, and one of the ideas is CJ 3.0. I will keep you guys appraised of our discussion as I am allowed to talk about it :P

WHILE I AM HERE

Do you guys have a solution to our predicament?

I like that we decided that we would deal with extreme, unambiguous posts and reported posts only, but what should the next step be. Community, I ask you what are we doing that is killing the site?

Apocist
April 27th, 2014, 06:52 PM
While Apo doesn't care for CJ, it sadly promotes activity.... Which this site badly needs. Thanks to Bruno for spamming GD a lot though, it actually has been helping.

AppleyNO
April 27th, 2014, 06:56 PM
While Apo doesn't care for CJ, it sadly promotes activity.... Which this site badly needs. Thanks to Bruno for spamming GD a lot though, it actually has been helping.
Spamming GD doesn't feel like the correct answer, though. General Discussion should be discussion about anything that stays on topic. Creating threads that don't have a topic defeats the purpose of it.

Perhaps bringing CJ back with the same rules as General Discussion, except you can post anything. That includes threads without a topic. I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud.

BTW: This is really off topic from the OP. I'm going to see if I can't find an SMod with powers to move these posts to their own thread.

Apocist
April 27th, 2014, 06:57 PM
What is killing time site, in Apo's opinion, is Activity and Player(user) base.

Low activity is hurting the player base, and low player base is hurting activity...

Apo doesn't know a solution though

Orpz
April 27th, 2014, 07:03 PM
a circlejerk run by a circle of jerks

AppleyNO
April 27th, 2014, 07:10 PM
BTW, Bunny and Crypt are extremely active in the chatbox, as well as several other people. Perhaps that could be where some of the threads have gone?

*shrug*

Apocist
April 27th, 2014, 07:13 PM
BTW, Bunny and Crypt are extremely active in the chatbox, as well as several other people. Perhaps that could be where some of the threads have gone?

*shrug*

Apo almost never sees the chatbox so it passes his mind. (plus he can't view it on his phone)

Bruno
April 27th, 2014, 07:23 PM
When you check the statistics, literally one of the most active forums was Circlejerk. Then take into account Circlejerk 2, and then Circlejerk 2.1. Circlejerk was beating Gen Disc not only in post count, but active users. You could get up to 20 different people in one thread, but now in GD it's like the same 5 or 6 people.

Helz
April 27th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Like 6 months ago I made a series of topics on this subject. CJ was where people went to bullshit and with that gone people moved their bullshit conversations to skype or left the community. Most new players come to the forum to either report a player or suggest a feature. There is very little else that ties players to the forum.

As a community there is a very bad elitist attitude. Players either fit in or are ostracized. Power is taken as a privilege instead of a service. Active members of the community are thrown out forever. All of that is not very extensive but it is harmful to growth.

The biggest thing that has changed is that the SC2 mod use to be the heart of the forum. Now the heart of the forum is the FM and the staff-associated community. The only way to change things is tying the game to the forum. Otherwise the forum will just die off until the next SC patch breathes more life into the player base. I could blab on about it but I think I have been down this road a time or three before.

AppleyNO
April 27th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Like 6 months ago I made a series of topics on this subject. CJ was where people went to bullshit and with that gone people moved their bullshit conversations to skype or left the community. Most new players come to the forum to either report a player or suggest a feature. There is very little else that ties players to the forum.

As a community there is a very bad elitist attitude. Players either fit in or are ostracized. Power is taken as a privilege instead of a service. Active members of the community are thrown out forever. All of that is not very extensive but it is harmful to growth.

The biggest thing that has changed is that the SC2 mod use to be the heart of the forum. Now the heart of the forum is the FM and the staff-associated community. The only way to change things is tying the game to the forum. Otherwise the forum will just die off until the next SC patch breathes more life into the player base. I could blab on about it but I think I have been down this road a time or three before.
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/24541-Slaol-s-MVP-Corner

Helz
April 27th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Yeah. I really wanted to see that go somewhere. I tried offering games, money and spent all kinds of time promoting it but I could not get it off the ground. All in all that right there is exactly what we need more of though. Things that bring players from the game to the forum and create comradery between players.

Apocist
April 27th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Well the game isn't what tied me to the council, it was just merely what guided me here.

If anything, Apo never played sc2mafia much. It was more of the 'active' community her that got me interested. Can't quite remember what part of it interested us so much though...

louiswill
April 27th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Circle Jerk....Wait, Wait, don't tell me!

oops_ur_dead
May 4th, 2014, 12:01 AM
The biggest thing that has changed is that the SC2 mod use to be the heart of the forum. Now the heart of the forum is the FM and the staff-associated community.

No not really. Sure, before the staff would play mafia games every so often, but FM was always a huge part of the forums. I think the reason that staff would play games so often is because we had like two skype chats tops. Now we have like 10 for some fucking reason because people keep starting them.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/24541-Slaol-s-MVP-Corner

Goonswarm did shit like this before and it still wasnt very popular.

Citrus
May 4th, 2014, 12:32 AM

I consider myself a fairly active player of FM's on here, and I very strongly agree with this post. Not saying the exclusivity is a bad thing, but sometimes I just can't fathom the amount of supposed drama related to this site.