PDA

View Full Version : Clans and Forums 2

Xentios
March 21st, 2014, 06:26 AM
Unfortunately we do not allow for Sc2 Clan Advertisements on our boards. I must request that you refrain from doing, or encouraging the creation of, such advertisements in the future. Our reasoning for this is due to the number of Clans that have affiliated themselves with SC2mafia and cast a negative light upon us, I'm sure you know exactly what clans we are referring to in this case as they appear everywhere and ruin games constantly.

I appreciate your understanding of this sensitive issue,
Damus_Graves

Please explain this and allow clans to use sc2mafia.com esp if they are based on,founded on or mainly playing sc2 mafia game.

I did not even do a clan advertisement. I only opened a clan public topic since every week someone opens a topic about us here.

Anyways even if i am advetising it is stupid trying to deny any clan activity here.

Cryptonic
March 21st, 2014, 07:00 AM
He explained why it's bad. We can't pick and choose what clans we want to advertise on the site, as it leads to biased decisions. So, we just apply a blanket ban on the situation to make it fair.

AppleyNO
March 21st, 2014, 08:13 AM
Another reason the rule was added was to stop a brewing problem of clans fighting each other on site.

Mateo
March 21st, 2014, 08:14 AM
SEND ME PM IN GAME IF U WANT INVITE TO CLAN JIHAD

AppleyNO
March 21st, 2014, 08:15 AM
SEND ME PM IN GAME IF U WANT INVITE TO CLAN JIHAD
You really want to push the boundaries of the rules, don't you? T.T

Xentios
March 21st, 2014, 09:15 AM
Another reason the rule was added was to stop a brewing problem of clans fighting each other on site.

I don't think that is a problem, people can also fight with each other we dont make forum inaccessible for humans!

He explained why it's bad. We can't pick and choose what clans we want to advertise on the site, as it leads to biased decisions. So, we just apply a blanket ban on the situation to make it fair.

Then don't pick anyone. Allow all clans , even make a room for clans if nessesarry.

Apocist
March 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM
So there can be Faction wars on this site but not Clan wars?

AppleyNO
March 21st, 2014, 04:29 PM
So there can be Faction wars on this site but not Clan wars?
What do you mean, "Faction Wars"?

Apocist
March 21st, 2014, 07:27 PM
What do you mean, "Faction Wars"?
Apo shall reflect on the past.. and refer you to the archives, war archives to be precise...

Brendan
March 21st, 2014, 11:00 PM
y is website gay go 2 playmaf appley and damus thx

Helz
March 22nd, 2014, 06:15 AM
It might increase site activity which has been in decline for some time..

Why not make clan "groups" It would be a place for clans to collaborate as well as not showing up in normal chat

Raptorblaze
March 22nd, 2014, 09:30 AM
To be advertised on the site, a clan must be "official"
By DR's own ruling, to be "official" the clan leadership must include at least 3 of these people: Myself, Elixir, Oops, or DR
The four of us will never join a clan together (except PEENER, briefly)
Therefore there will be no clan advertisements on the site.

Tossangel
March 22nd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Does mentioning a clan = advertising? I could see a clan chat forum working. Various clans could chat in their own thread or to one another. Could be good for the game & forum.

Helz
March 23rd, 2014, 05:30 AM
So what I am hearing is that a clan could create a group to do their thing in as long as it did not mention the clans name and they don't advertise the clan other ways..

Raptorblaze
March 23rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
So what I am hearing is that a clan could create a group to do their thing in as long as it did not mention the clans name and they don't advertise the clan other ways..

As long as they aren't making recruiting posts or mass pming members to recruit I doubt anyone would mind them having a forum group. It's not like we see any of them without trying anyway.

Apocist
March 24th, 2014, 08:56 AM
So it's acceptable as long as it doesn't provoke problems and no issues or annoyances arise?

oops_ur_dead
March 24th, 2014, 03:28 PM
PEENER is the closest we're gonna get to an official clan:
http://i.imgur.com/J0L8VKM.jpg

Apocist
March 24th, 2014, 08:20 PM
So oops is advertising?

TimeTrx
March 25th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Can we bring back Clan Wars? I remember it being a fun activity that got the site stirring when the last one was on and even thought I didn't participate as I joined after the conclusion I heard about it for the few months I was here.

#TheWarBegins2014

Apocist
March 26th, 2014, 09:39 AM
The COMmies vs the PONYS?

TimeTrx
March 26th, 2014, 10:46 AM
The COMmies vs the PONYS?

The COMmies may rise again if Oops leads them.

Yayap
March 27th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Sorry - Both the Ponys and the COMmies were eliminated by The Borg...

Nick
March 27th, 2014, 05:54 AM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/196/f/d/soviet_ponies_by_war59-d5ewfl4.jpg