PDA

View Full Version : Tower of God - 3F

Fragos
March 14th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Welcome again, dear regulars. It seems that some of you did not made it out though 2F safely. Damus_Graves, Bahkieh and Fatalis where eliminated on their last chance game and so will not be allowed to return back to the tower once again. Damus's case is special - he had positive points, but he chose to participate in Game of Chicken anyway, but failed to jump off in time. You thought I was easy on you when I proposed that last game? You were clearly wrong. And so, here are those 14 people who are still with us, along with their score standings:

RLVG
450 points

powerofdeath
350 points

Citrus
200 points

louiswill
200 points

Glip
200 points

Numbertwo
200 points

NoctiZ
200 points

Ika
150 points

Tonex
150 points

Hypersniper
100 points

J
100 points

42shadow42

100 points

Apache
50 points

AppleyNO
0 points

Are you prepared now? The next test's name will be...

Tower of God - 3F: Minority Rule

The rules of this test will be simple. You will be presented with a YES or NO question. And in response, each regular sends me a PM with their answer. Like in the previous tests, you can do this only once - your answer will be final. After all votes are cast, they will be tallied. And those who voted along with the minority will be declared the winners. The winner will then proceed in the next round of voting. You will NOT lose any test points if you lose in voting. Howver, you WILL lose test points if you do not vote at all, so be active as much as you can!

Of course, it is possible there there will be a tie, such as 7 to 7. In such a case, I will simply dismiss the round and ask everyone to vote again (but you'll still lose TP for not voting). And so rounds of voting will continue... until there are only one or two regulars left. You will gain 100 test points for each round of "minority game" that you managed to win. Furthermore, the winner(s) of this test will have an advantage in the next test. What exactly will be that advantage? You'll have to win first to find that out.

The real test will begin at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=15%2F03%2F2014+20.00+MSK

But! Before the real test begins, I will allow you to participate in the "mock game". In mock game you will not gain nor lose points. The sole purpose of the mock game is to give you a better understanding of the Minority rule. Furthermore, outside communications between regulars will also be allowed, such as private messages and Skype. Now, here is a question that I will present for you in the mock game:

Are you a woman? YES or NO?

Wherether the question is answered correctly is not relevant. In this test, the question is just merely a show. What's important in this game is how you get yourself into minority, or, looking at it into another way - how you deceive your fellow regulars into becoming the majority! Joining the minority is all about strategy and probing each other's mind. For this purpose, you will be given plenty amount of time to place your votes. If you can completely read your opponents, and if your strategy is prefect enough - it is possible to become a victory in just a single round (such as 13 to 1). I will award such a winner with 500 Test points, or split into 250 points between the 2 winners.

Last piece of advice. The key contolling this game is not luck. It is time. Now, go ahead, and try the practice game! The real test will start itself tomorrow, so make sure you are prepared well!

RLVG
March 14th, 2014, 02:20 AM

There's no "Maybe" for wildcards to random? This is going to take some time.
In science, we're more likely to take an answer to the left more than the one to right if it have to be random.

Will there be 4F after, or is this 3F-A?

Fragos
March 14th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Will there be 4F after, or is this 3F-A?

Who knows? For now, concentrate on the upcoming test and try to devise a strategy that will make YOU win. And the mock game is the best chance for you to test that.

NoctiZ
March 14th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Oh yeah, I know that game. The Minority Rule game from the manga Liar Game (but of course it is found in other places too, I'm sure).

Fragos
March 14th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Oh yeah, at certain intervals of the test I will also tell you who already voted in Minority Rule.

For example, in this mock test powerofdeath, Ika, RLVG, Apache and NoctiZ have already casted their votes. Since this number is odd, we can already expect a minority of winner(s) and majority of losers, unless all of then made the same vote.

NoctiZ
March 14th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Snitches get stitches

Fragos
March 14th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Snitches get stitches

This is also a part of the strategy. If you find out that other regulars have already casted their votes, you will know already that you cannot convince then to change that. The only thing you can do is to guess wherethere their votes were yes or no.

NoctiZ
March 14th, 2014, 12:44 PM
This is also a part of the strategy. If you find out that other regulars have already casted their votes, you will know already that you cannot convince then to change that. The only thing you can do is to guess wherethere their votes were yes or no.

I got that, just thought it was funny to say it

louiswill
March 14th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Best Question: Are there 50% voters already casted their votes?

Yes/No.

J
March 14th, 2014, 02:30 PM
I don't have anyone from these forums on Skype/messenger. This should be fun... :(

J
March 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Also, honesty is the best policy... so yes, I am a woman.

louiswill
March 14th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I don't have anyone from these forums on Skype/messenger. This should be fun... :(

Lets buddy, lets vote opposite toward each other so we might as well get one right!

I vote yes on the question, you vote no, lets do it.

NoctiZ
March 14th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Also, honesty is the best policy... so yes, I am a woman.

Let's fuck

Fragos
March 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Currently 9 people have casted their votes in the mock game:

powerofdeath
Ika
RLVG
Apache
NoctiZ
louiswill
J
Citrus
Numbertwo

This is a good number of votes, but in the real test all 14 regulars should submit their votes in order to not lose their Test Points.

Fragos
March 15th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Since no one else is planning to vote in the last hour, it is safe to say that the mock game has been concluded. And what are the results? As you remember, this was the question:

Regular's name
Answer

AppleyNO

Citrus
NO

Hypersniper

powerofdeath
YES

louiswill
YES

Numbertwo
NO

Ika
NO

RLVG
YES

Apache
NO

Glip

J
YES

42shadow42

Tonex

NoctiZ
NO

As you can see, five regulars voted NO, while four other voted YES, while everyone else abstained. As you can see, powerofdeath, louiswill, RLVG and J became the minority. Being as womanly as they are, they probably figured that such a stupid question would attract the majority to say NO. Was a close call, though, the game could lean to any side. You can gloat about your victory as much as you want - it is just a mock test, so everyone's points remained the same.

The REAL test will start in one hour. I will present to you another YES-NO question. This time, the test will last 48 hours, give you a plenty of time for discussion and PM communication. Get yourself prepared!

Fragos
March 15th, 2014, 09:17 AM
And so, dear regulars, your next test begins... NOW!

Tower of God - 3F: Minority Rule

The rules of this test will be simple. You will be presented with a YES or NO question. And in response, each regular sends me a PM with their answer. Like in the previous tests, you can do this only once - your answer will be final. After all votes are cast, they will be tallied. And those who voted along with the minority will be declared the winners. The winners will then proceed in the next round of voting. You will NOT lose any test points if you lose in voting. Howver, you WILL lose test points if you do not vote at all, so be active as much as you can!

Now, take a look at this picture:

http://media.egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ugly-girl.jpg?41ed4f

Is this girl ugly? YES or NO?

The time limit is 50 hours! Plenty of time for you to play your strategy and submit your answer. Now, let the test of Minority Rule commence!

AppleyNO
March 15th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Now lets see how many layers of WIFOM we act under.

Citrus
March 15th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Now lets see how many layers of WIFOM we act under.

I'm using -1

louiswill
March 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I'm using odd number of layers.

NoctiZ
March 15th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Take a number from 1-20. Multiply it by your age. Divide it by the number of days the current month has. Now add the number of posts in this thread and divide it by the position at which the current month is in the Gregorian calendar.

That is the amount of WIFOM layers I act under.

powerofdeath
March 15th, 2014, 10:36 AM
No wifom here, I'm just answering the question directly.

louiswill
March 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
No wifom here, I'm just answering the question directly.

Nice! So, have you voted yet?

powerofdeath
March 15th, 2014, 11:08 AM
shes tote hot, will fuck 10/10

J
March 15th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Don't even care about the Majority/minority thing, she is so FUGLY

Fragos
March 15th, 2014, 12:56 PM
It might be too early to post that, but currently the following regulars have casted their votes:

Citrus
powerofdeath
louiswill
Numbertwo
J

If you ask then how they voted, will they answer then in return? Will it be a truth? Will it be a lie? Your guess is as good as mine.

Glip
March 15th, 2014, 02:01 PM
The innocent kitten will never know deceit.

I voted NO.

Vote with me and lose with me, or vote against me and lose against me.

AppleyNO
March 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM
The amount of WIFOM is disturbing.

NoctiZ
March 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force.

louiswill
March 15th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force.

NoctiZ will vote yes, because he is heartless.

NoctiZ
March 15th, 2014, 05:31 PM
NoctiZ will vote yes, because he is heartless.

Would I not change my vote behavior from answering truthfully to answering falsely? I think I would. Or would I?

louiswill
March 15th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Would I not change my vote behavior from answering truthfully to answering falsely? I think I would. Or would I?

Left or right or Left or right or Left or right or Left or right or Left or right or Left or right or
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aM1Od6P_460sa.gif

Tonex
March 15th, 2014, 07:19 PM
My answer was 7

louiswill
March 15th, 2014, 07:34 PM
My New Avatar is super cute, Yes/No.

NoctiZ
March 15th, 2014, 07:39 PM
My New Avatar is super cute, Yes/No.

Yes. WIFOM

Fragos
March 15th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Currently the following regulars have casted their votes:

Citrus
powerofdeath
louiswill
Numbertwo
J
Glip
42shadow42
Tonex
NoctiZ

Don't rush, you still have a lot of time to cast your votes. All I need now is the votes from the following regulars:

AppleyNO
Hypersniper
Ika
RLVG
Apache

Fragos
March 16th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Ika has casted his vote as well. So now I'm only waiting for votes from 4 people total.

AppleyNO
March 16th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Ika has casted his vote as well. So now I'm only waiting for votes from 4 people total.
Super nervous, but I'll cast my vote. If I fail, I'm eliminated, right?

Fragos
March 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Super nervous, but I'll cast my vote. If I fail, I'm eliminated, right?

Calm down, AppleyNO. I told you that no one will lose points as long as they actually vote in Minority Rule. Since you have voted, you do not lose anything at the very least, but in the next test players can lose points if they are not careful.

As of now, the only person who has not voted yet is Hypersniper. You might want to give him a wake up call if you wish to end this test early.

Fragos
March 16th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Many hours have passed, but Hypersniper still has not voted yet. Did someone banned him again?

louiswill
March 16th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Many hours have passed, but Hypersniper still has not voted yet. Did someone banned him again?

He signed up MFM, so....

Fragos
March 16th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Yeah, but I know he was active in the last game. The Minority Rule is not supposed to last long. But tell you what? The minority has already been formed. And Hypersniper's vote will decided wherethen he'll be in the minority or majority.

Oh well, I can also simply penalize him for 100 points if he doesn't care. He signed for Tower of God as well, after all!

Tonex
March 16th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Maybe you should have a maximum duration for the voting period

louiswill
March 16th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah, but I know he was active in the last game. The Minority Rule is not supposed to last long. But tell you what? The minority has already been formed. And Hypersniper's vote will decided wherethen he'll be in the minority or majority.

Oh well, I can also simply penalize him for 100 points if he doesn't care. He signed for Tower of God as well, after all!

Awww. Lets see, if he doesn't vote..

Citrus
March 16th, 2014, 10:43 PM

It's really not good to have a player where this is a legitamate concern, but I still lol'd.

Citrus
March 16th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Legitimate* Thanks computer for not having autocorrect

Fragos
March 16th, 2014, 11:22 PM
If Hypersniper does not vote today, there will be still time for him to appear in the next test. He will have 0 points, but I presume that he will probably appear in the next test by the moment that time comes. So that's why I'm not overly worried about him not voting now.

But I should warn you - the next test, like the Rooms of Trust and Masks before, will require the attention of all regulars currently present. And the winner of Minority Rule will get a starting advantage there as well. There is one question I would like to ask you later - do you want to have the next test running on this weekend, or at a later time, considering the currently running MFM?

Fragos
March 17th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Alright, it's time to finish the first round of voting! As you remember, I gave you a question:

http://media.egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ugly-girl.jpg?41ed4f

Is this girl ugly? YES or NO?

I believe most of you have mixed feeling about that, but in the end, the votes were distributed like this:

Regular's name
Answer

AppleyNO
YES

Citrus
YES

Hypersniper

powerofdeath
YES

louiswill
YES

Numbertwo
YES

Ika
YES

RLVG
NO

Apache
NO

Glip
NO

J
YES

42shadow42
YES

Tonex
NO

NoctiZ
YES

And you can see, those who have answered NO become the minority. They will be awarded with 100 Test Points and will move on the next round of voting. Hypersniper will be penalized with 100 points for not voting. Like Apache said to me, every human is beatiful. They admired the "inner" beauty of this girl and indeed are allowed to advance further in Minority Rule.

But for those four - RLVG, Apache, Glip and Tonex - things will be even more difficult from now on. Between 4 people there will be either a tie, or a minority in a single person. If a 2 on 2 tie happens, I'll just redo the round again, but if all four players cast the same vote, they all will be losers and will not receive extra points nor the advantage in the next test.

Now, are you prepared? Here is the next question for you:

Out of all those four, RLVG will be the winner! YES or NO?

And the next round begins! You have 24 hours to cast your votes. Even I can't tell how things will turn out here, so good luck!

louiswill
March 17th, 2014, 10:12 AM
YES. RLVG will be the winner.

Glip
March 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I don't like this question because I cannot answer it truthfully without knowing the future.

And unfortunately, my future-telling skills are a little bit rusty.

louiswill
March 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I don't like this question because I cannot answer it truthfully without knowing the future.

And unfortunately, my future-telling skills are a little bit rusty.

So Lets vote oppositely, You vote no, I vote yes, at least one of us will be the minority.

Glip
March 17th, 2014, 11:15 AM
In the interest of maintaining my deceitless position, I will publicize that I am voting for NO. I would also like to clarify that this is not me saying that RLVG will not win, this is merely me casting a vote for a choice selection under the bounds of the current game's rules.

However, if RLVG does want to win, he'll be forced to vote YES. Then, it's up to Apache and Tonex to either decide which of us wins or to tie the game.

Assuming they haven't already cast their votes.

@Louiswill: I don't believe you are in this round of voting. I think it's just between me, RLVG, Apache, and Tonex.

louiswill
March 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM
:)

Apache
March 17th, 2014, 11:52 AM
well this one sucks, you need to be the only one voting something. also i dont know if i can trust the glip.

louiswill
March 17th, 2014, 11:53 AM
@Louiswill: I don't believe you are in this round of voting. I think it's just between me, RLVG, Apache, and Tonex.

Actually we can vote and still influence the outcome, we get no rewards but we make up numbers.

Apache
March 17th, 2014, 12:00 PM
rly?

Fragos
March 17th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Clarification: Only the 4 people that have won the first round of voting can actually participate and vote.

Sorry louiswill, but you will have to wait until the next test begins. Whatever happens here will be not of your concern.

Apache
March 17th, 2014, 12:07 PM
ok i think i know what the strategy of the glip is. he announces his target, so he makes sure no one else votes his target, because that one couldnt win anymore
so it makes no sense to lie about it, because then ppl would just vote what he voted which is not his goal (unless ppl assume he lies and he knows that but i doubt it)
i will now vote YES. then other 2 can decide who wins or tie

Apache
March 17th, 2014, 12:15 PM
btw - now rlvg cant win anymore so it would be legit for all of you to vote no

RLVG
March 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I like this question.

Tonex
March 17th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Lel all this wifom. *random .org*

RLVG
March 17th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Lel all this wifom. *random .org*

... Wildcard! (Random)

Great idea, except that you still need to pick the answer and not ask host to random.

powerofdeath
March 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM
YES. RLVG will be the winner.

I'm voting yes too.

powerofdeath
March 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM
ok i think i know what the strategy of the glip is. he announces his target, so he makes sure no one else votes his target, because that one couldnt win anymore
so it makes no sense to lie about it, because then ppl would just vote what he voted which is not his goal (unless ppl assume he lies and he knows that but i doubt it)
i will now vote YES. then other 2 can decide who wins or tie

Im voting yes too

RLVG
March 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
By the way, math : Either it's a tie, or only 1 will win.

Glip
March 17th, 2014, 03:07 PM
By the way, math : Either it's a tie, or only 1 will win.

Or all lose.

Tonex
March 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Great idea, except that you still need to pick the answer and not ask host to random.

The trick is to get a brother to do it.

Fragos
March 17th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Attention to all regulars! All votes in the second round were cast in! This was the question in the last round:

Out of all those four, RLVG will be the winner! YES or NO?

RLVG voted NO
Tonex voted NO
Apache voted YES
Glip voted NO

With one vote of YES, Apache becomes the minority! He wins the second round of Minority Rule and gets awarded with extra 100 Test points! Furthermore, he will get an advantage in the next test. After the Minority Rule, current score standings are looking like this:

RLVG
550 points

powerofdeath
350 points

Glip
300 points

Apache
250 points

Tonex
250 points

louiswill
200 points

Citrus

200 points

Numbertwo
200 points

NoctiZ
200 points

Ika
150 points

J
100 points

42shadow42

100 points

AppleyNO
0 points

Hypersniper
0 points

Rest well before I prepare the next test for you, dear regulars. And before I do, ask yourselves first: Should I start the next test in this weekend, or in a week after this, considering currently running M-FM?

AppleyNO
March 17th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Please start a week from now. I will be at my mothers in Las Vegas for my spring break. Unknown amount of time for Sc2mafia.com

Fragos
March 17th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Please start a week from now. I will be at my mothers in Las Vegas for my spring break. Unknown amount of time for Sc2mafia.com

Will you be present at this Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Will you be here at Monday?

AppleyNO
March 17th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Will you be present at this Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Will you be here at Monday?
I will be ready Monday/Tuesday CST.

Fragos
March 17th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Ok, so we are skipping this weekend and conduct the next test on another week. You should pay attention to Avatar Book Two for a while. This will also give me a plenty of time to prepare for you the next test, which will be called...

Tower of God - 3F: Pandemic Game

I'll see you in the next week then! That's all for now, folks!

Apache
March 18th, 2014, 05:47 AM
cool i won thx guys

NoctiZ
March 18th, 2014, 06:53 AM
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Tonex
March 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Lel my brother failed me

Fragos
March 23rd, 2014, 11:00 PM
I'm planning to start your next test on this weekend. If you have any objections against that, tell then NOW. You're interested to continue, aren't you?

Fragos
March 26th, 2014, 08:37 AM
What's up, everyone? Took ya too long to wait for the next test, right? The truth is, I have been hiding a BIG secret from you right. But secrets can't be hidden forever, so of course I will eventually unravel that great mystery to you. Now, where were we last time? Right, here is our next test:

In this stage, there are regulars who caught out the unnatural cold and are spreading the virus around. The objective of this test is to obtain the vaccine to rid yourself of virus. Of the 14 players here, there will be 3 people who have contracted the virus. Those people will be assigned randomly, with one exception - Apache. As the winner of Minority Rule, Apache will always start this test as normal person, though there will be still a risk for him to catch the infection from others. The only way for you to check your status as "normal" or "infected" person is to ask that in Private Message to me directly. In return, I will keep you informed about your current status and the number of vaccines you have. Note that the players actually do NOT know each other's statuses. That's what makes this test interesting, right?

Anyway, all regulars start the game as "Normal" or "Infected" with zero vaccines. In order to obtain vaccines, the regulars must come into "contact" with each other. To make a "contact" with another regular, you (Regular A) must write the following message in this thread:

I want to come into contact with Regular B.

In return, Regular B, should he wants to accept the contact with Regular A, must write the following message in return:

I agree to establish conact with Regular A.

Once two regulars come into contact with each other, their status will change. Normal regulars who come into contact with an Infected regular will become infected as well. Going by the same rule, if two infected players come into contact, their status will remain the same. You ask: "Doesn't that make it bad for Normal regulars to come into contact with anyone?" I have yet to introduce the "vaccine"...

If two Normal players come into contact with each other, each one of then will get 1 vaccine charge. Their status will change from "Normal+0 and Normal+0" to "Normal+1 and Normal+1". Where +1 is referred to the number of vaccines you currently have. If you keep coming into contact with other "Normal" regulars, then your number of vaccines will keep increasing. Additionally, with the vaccine, it is possible to help other Infected regulars to turn back into Normal. However, every time a person turns back an "infected" to "normal", the number of samples of vaccine will decrease by one.

If a Normal+3 regular contacts someone who is Infected+0, for example, their status will change to "Infected+2" and "Normal+0". However, the infected person has cured the other person from sickness and still has 2 vaccine samples. So he can use one of the samples on himself to get rid of the virus. That way, he will turn into "Normal+1". To activate the vaccine charge on yourself, send me the following message and one change of vaccine will be deduced from you:

Activate vaccine

No return message from me is needed, as by relaying this message, you already affirmed to me that you removed the virus from yourself. However, if you have not activated your vaccine samples before contacting other regulars, you will stay as Infected, and will turn other people into Infected if you come into contact with then. For example, Infected+2 and Infected+0 will stay the same even if they come into contact with each other. Likewise, if Infected+2 comes into contact with Normal+0, he will turn that person into Infected+0.

I'm going to show you multiple examples to summarise the rules of this test:

Normal+0 and Normal+1 = Normal+1 and Normal+2 (Both Normals gain vaccine)
Infected+0 and Infected+1 = Infected+0 and Infected+1 (Nothing happens)
Normal+0 and Infected+1 = Infected+0 and Infected+1 (Infected infects Normal)
Normal+2 an Infected+2 = Infected+1 and Normal+2 (Normal cures Infected + Infected infects Normal)
Infected+2 uses vaccine on himself = Normal+1

Another important rules is that you can only contact a different person only ONCE in the game. You cannot come into contact with the same person twice or more times, even if the previous contact made no result to both parties. So make sure to treasure people that did not came into contact with you yet!

The entire test will last 72 hours, splite between 3 periods of 24 hours each. At the beginning of each period, I will reveal to you the number of normal and infected people - nothing more, nothing less. Everything else you must find out by yourself. The scoring rules will be the following when the test ends:

-200 points if you end the test as Infected (regardless the number of vaccines)
-100 points if you end the test as Normal+0
0 points if you are Normal+1
After that point, you will earh +50 points for each vaccine beyong the first one (E.g. 5 vaccines=200 points)

Only the first 10 people who have the most vaccines will be able to earn Test Points in this test. If you are below this chart, you will not be able to earn any test points, even if you have acquired 2 or more vaccines. However, you will not lose then either if you manage to cure yourself from infection.

So everyone, make sure to increase the number of vaccine samples you have and save those who are infected. The ones who manage to keep positive balance in points will advance to 4F! Get youself prepared. The most important thing for you is to get cured from infection, nothing more, nothing less. You can "infect" others as much as you want, but if you don't end yourself as "normal" when the test ends, you will probably have even greater trouble then the people that you have previously infected. So make sure that you'll come out clean with as many vaccines as you can!

Your next test will begin at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=28.03.2014+21.00+MSK

Feel free to ask me any questions regading the rules of Pandemic Game if you do not understand anything. You have 2 days to get accustomed with those rules. Make yourself ready, regulars!

Hypersniper
March 26th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Gets 2 vaccines

Never contacts anyone

You win

Tonex
March 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Why such Liar Game?

42shadow42
March 26th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Why such Liar Game?

On the contrary the optimal results will actually occur from freedom of information. If everyone is honest, then all but 3 players will end with a vaccine for every other player. Lets just take an example where we are playing with 4 players and 2 is infected.

The 2 non-infected players meet each other gaining +1 vaccine.
1: Normal+1
2: Normal+1
3: Infected+0
4: Infected+0

Each Normal player vaccinates an infected player.

1: Normal+0
2: Normal+0
3: Normal+0
4: Normal+0

Each player visits with all remaining players.
3: Normal+1
4: Normal+1

Resulting in the optimal outcome for ALL PLAYERS INVOLVED.

Edit: I 'd also like to point out that as the number of starting infections increases the net gain of the non-infected players increases for assisting the infected players. With 2 infections you gain nothing, with 3 infections you gain 1 vaccine.

Fragos
March 26th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Gets 2 vaccines

Never contacts anyone

You win

Oh, so you finally came online, after all. You are hanging on the thread right now, you know? Make sure to win the next test if you don't want to be dropped out of Tower. I probably won't give anyone second chances this time.

Why such Liar Game?

Why not? This is the theme of the third floor, after all. I'm still questioning myself what I would be using for 4th floor. I might even put those anonymous accounts back in use again. But for now, just focus on this test once it starts.

Fragos
March 26th, 2014, 10:47 PM
On the contrary the optimal results will actually occur from freedom of information. If everyone is honest, then all but 3 players will end with a vaccine for every other player. Lets just take an example where we are playing with 4 players and 2 is infected.

The 2 non-infected players meet each other gaining +1 vaccine.
3: Infected+0
4: Infected+0

Each Normal player vaccinates an infected player.

1: Normal+0
2: Normal+0

Each player visits with all remaining players.
3: Normal+1
4: Normal+1

Resulting in the optimal outcome for ALL PLAYERS INVOLVED.

Dicks also exist in this place. You all know how the Room of Trust ended. It was possible for everyone to pass 2F, but as you can see now, 3 people were eliminated at once. So... watch yourselves now!

Oh, and regarding your caculations, 42shadow42... they are wrong. When a Normal+1 contacts Infected+0, he will turn into Infected+0 and turn the previously infected person into Normal+0. So the infection will nott dissapear in you scenario and will look like that:

1: Infected+0
2: Infected+0

So you need to collect more that one vaccine first if you are intending to cure in the infection. Then, use the second vaccince charge on yourself to be normal again. Not that this might bring you to Normal+0 if you have only used 2 vaccines this way. Remember that you can contact each person only ONCE, regardless of the outcome of contact. Personally I don't believe that someone would be able to obtain more than 5 vaccines by the moment the test ends.

42shadow42
March 26th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Dicks also exist in this place. You all know how the Room of Trust ended. It was possible for everyone to pass 2F, but as you can see now, 3 people were eliminated at once. So... watch yourselves now!

Oh, I know but with the Room of Trust by betraying your teammates you were able to get a superior result, in this challenge cooperation is the only way to achieve maximum results, betrayal in this challenge reduces your score as well as those you betrayed.

Citrus
March 26th, 2014, 10:50 PM
The problem Shadow is I no longer trust certain players

Anyone else wanna form a treaty to boycott jerks like PoD? Let them suffer for what they did and not get met by anyone.

Shadow's plan sounds good for anyone who wants to pledge to follow it and speak truly about their status

42shadow42
March 26th, 2014, 10:57 PM
The problem Shadow is I no longer trust certain players

Anyone else wanna form a treaty to boycott jerks like PoD? Let them suffer for what they did and not get met by anyone.

Shadow's plan sounds good for anyone who wants to pledge to follow it and speak truly about their status

Here's the beauty of it, each infected player only has to get cooperation from 1 of 11 non-infected players.

42shadow42
March 26th, 2014, 11:01 PM

Oh, and regarding your caculations, 42shadow42... they are wrong. When a Normal+1 contacts Infected+0, he will turn into Infected+0 and turn the previously infected person into Normal+0. So the infection will nott dissapear in you scenario and will look like that:

1: Infected+0
2: Infected+0

So you need to collect more that one vaccine first if you are intending to cure in the infection. Then, use the second vaccince charge on yourself to be normal again. Not that this might bring you to Normal+0 if you have only used 2 vaccines this way. Remember that you can contact each person only ONCE, regardless of the outcome of contact. Personally I don't believe that someone would be able to obtain more than 5 vaccines by the moment the test ends.

Ah so then by assisting there is no gain with 3 infected players, and a 50 point gain by assisting for each player beyond the 3. There is however no loss for assistance unless you consider having other players at lower points being an advantage.

Edit: For a frame of reference, Fragos himself thinks that we can only acquire 5 vaccines. By following this strategy 6 players will have 11 Vaccines, the other 8 will have 13, for a net gain of 300-400 points above expectations.

Fragos
March 26th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Ok, guys, let's get a little rehearsal of the game before the real test begins. You will not gain nor lose anything, and Apache will still start the real test as "normal" regular. I want you to have a better understanding of the game before starting the real test. I will send a Private Message to three regulars out there. Those people in the reheasal test will start as "Infected", and everyone else who did not recieve such a PM will start as Normal. Furthermore, you will not be able to learn from me your current status in this rehearsal even if you ask me in a Private Message. I don't expect everyone to be participating in the reheasal, so... just test out your contact actions. Good luck!

Once again, it it just a rehearsal. The real test will begin in this Friday, so keep that in mind!

powerofdeath
March 26th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I voted 42shadow42 and tonex, you two dont boycott me please.

I only lied to 2 people. Numbertwo voted me without me asking him. Generous of him ^.^

42shadow42
March 27th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I voted 42shadow42 and tonex, you two dont boycott me please.

I only lied to 2 people. Numbertwo voted me without me asking him. Generous of him ^.^

I knew that, you are the only one that agreed to vote me :P

Citrus
March 27th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I'm a rehearsal infected

NoctiZ
March 27th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I want to come into contact with Citrus.

louiswill
March 27th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I want to come into contact with 42Shadow42.

AppleyNO
March 27th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I want to come into contact with Apache.

ika
March 27th, 2014, 09:31 PM
i want to come into contact with noictz

Fragos
March 27th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah, before you are planning to come into a contact with a certain person, make sure that person is online first. If you wait too long, you might come into contact with someone else, and by the moment that person returns, your status could be changed already.

Speaking of which, I will allow private communucations between regulars during this test. You will be able to form some kind of truces using Private Messages, Skype, etc... With this, you should be able to have easier time contacting other regulars. Also, make sure to give the "wake up call" to other regulars once the test begins. I might extent the test's durating if there are too few contacts over the course of 3 days, but I hope that won't be needed.

Apache
March 28th, 2014, 02:32 AM
ok once the real test begins, as confirmed not infected here is my strategy

the infected send me a private message
everyone who's not infected send a contact request to me. you can also visit each other, but at your own risk you might get infected.

after that i will have enough vaccines to cure the infected.

then in the last step we make as many contacts as possible so everyone gets more vaccines.
then everyone gets points and the one who is most online gets most points. fair for everyone.

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
i want to come into contact with ika

Fragos
March 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
It's time to close the rehearsal now. Just for your information, Citrus, Numbertwo and Tonex were the Infected in rehearsal.

But this time, the real test, Pandemic Game, starts now!

There will be 14 regulars (list of then is in the first post). 3 of those regulars will start the test as Infected, and Apache will start the test as Normal. However, I'm going to make several adjustments in this test to make the game more competitive.

Only the first 10 people who have the most vaccines will be able to earn Test Points in this test. If you are below this chart, you will not be able to earn any test points, even if you have acquired 2 or more vaccines. However, you will not lose then either if you manage to cure yourself from infection. I will add this in the rules above as well.

Good luck to you all, dear regulars, and stay healthy! I'll send everyone Private Messages about yourstarting status.

Citrus
March 28th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I want to come into contact with Apache.

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 09:24 AM
i want to come into contact with apache

Glip
March 28th, 2014, 09:59 AM
The innocent kitten started this test with status "Normal".

I will accept the first two contact requests I get, and then, assuming I end up Normal+2, I will invite someone who is infected to come forth and visit me so that I might cure us both.

If one of the two contact requests I get infects me, I will curse that bastard's name for all eternity.

Good luck, everyone. Have fun! ^.^

42shadow42
March 28th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I want to come into contact with glip.

Glip
March 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I agree to establish contact with 42shadow42.

Tonex
March 28th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Btw, wut's the incentive for getting points anyways?

I want to come in contact with Glip.

Hope 42 didn't infect you.

NoctiZ
March 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I want to come into contact with shadow42.

NoctiZ
March 28th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Don't accept though, I'm infected. Hue.

ika
March 28th, 2014, 10:56 AM
i want to come into contact with nocitz

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Glip
March 28th, 2014, 11:06 AM
All requests for contact with me must pend until I have received feedback about my status after contact with 42shadow42.

I would not want to accidentally spread an infection about.

42shadow42
March 28th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Ur clean Glip

Glip
March 28th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Okay, it seems my status is now Normal+1, so shadow was clean when I met with him.

The next person to ask for contact with me was Tonex.

I agree to establish contact with Tonex.

42shadow42
March 28th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Okay, it seems my status is now Normal+1, so shadow was clean when I met with him.

The next person to ask for contact with me was Tonex.

I agree to establish contact with Tonex.

I want to come into contact with Tonex.

Tonex
March 28th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I agree to come in contact with 42shadow42.

powerofdeath
March 28th, 2014, 11:50 AM

Glip
March 28th, 2014, 11:52 AM
My status is now Normal+2, so Tonex too was clean when I met with him.

I agree to establish contact with Numbertwo.

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 11:53 AM

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I want to come into contact with 42shadow42

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I dont think pod can be trusted

Apache
March 28th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I agree to come in contact with Citrus.

42shadow42
March 28th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I agree to establish contact with Numbertwo.

Citrus
March 28th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I'm +1 now

I want to come in contact with grip.

Decent chance infection was given to traitors like pod? Hold off on them imo

NoctiZ
March 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
pls save me

ika
March 28th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I want to come into contact with numbertwo

I want to come into contact with apeach

NoctiZ
March 28th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I agree to establish conact with ika.

AppleyNO
March 28th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Yo

I'm clean here.

louiswill
March 28th, 2014, 01:05 PM
i want to come into contact with Glip

i want to come into contact with Numbertwo

louiswill
March 28th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I'm infected, do not contact me.

Fragos
March 28th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Everyone, I'll have to leave from my computer in the next 10 hours. Until I return, if you want to come into contact with each other, you'll have to play "blind". Good luck to you, regulars!

AppleyNO
March 28th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Everyone, I'll have to leave from my computer in the next 10 hours. Until I return, if you want to come into contact with each other, you'll have to play "blind". Good luck to you, regulars!
Nooooooo

Host is gone, post sinks gogogogo

Glip
March 28th, 2014, 01:30 PM
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/haws-eyepod-eyewash-installed-in-sink.jpg

Numbertwo was clean when I met with him.

I agree to establish contact with Citrus.

In the interest of protecting my future contactees, I will not be playing this game blind. All further contact requests with me must pend until such time as I can receive confirmation of my status in the wake of this visit with Citrus.

42shadow42
March 28th, 2014, 01:42 PM

Numbertwo
March 28th, 2014, 01:55 PM

Glip
March 29th, 2014, 01:34 AM
Citrus was clean when I met with him.

I agree to establish contact with AppleyNO.

AppleyNO
March 29th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Citrus was clean when I met with him.

I agree to establish contact with AppleyNO.
Yay

louiswill
March 29th, 2014, 09:13 AM

Apache
March 29th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I agree to come in contact with Numbertwo
I want to come in contact with Glip
I want to come in contact with AppleyNo

Fragos
March 29th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Attention to all regulars! The first perion has passed. Two more periods left.

Currently there are 10 normal regulars and 4 infected regulars. Keep up the good effort, everyone!

NoctiZ
March 29th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Attention to all regulars! The first perion has passed. Two more periods left.

Currently there are 10 normal regulars and 4 infected regulars. Keep up the good effort, everyone!

:laugh:

save me pls

Apache
March 29th, 2014, 10:48 AM
i will save noctiz if glip and appley are not infected and agree contact

Hypersniper
March 29th, 2014, 11:00 AM
who is defo not infected

Numbertwo
March 29th, 2014, 11:26 AM
lol, did ika get infected by noctiz?

42shadow42
March 29th, 2014, 11:28 AM

Certainly looks like it, I'm not saving Ika cuz he was stupid.
I'm also not interested in saving the infected that hasn't claimed. Since he/she didn't want to cooperate.

I want to come into contact with AppleyNO.

NoctiZ
March 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM

Pretty much. His fault for wanting to contact me, he shoulda known better. Just the post before that was me claiming infected so yeah. lol

Glip
March 29th, 2014, 12:01 PM
i will save noctiz if glip and appley are not infected and agree contact

Appley was clean when I met with him. You save NoctiZ, I'll save louiswill.

I agree to establish contact with Apache.

Glip
March 29th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I agree to establish contact with louiswill.

Glip
March 29th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Louiswill was infected when I met him, but I have now cured him and activated a vaccine to cure myself. We are both clean and open for further contact ^.^

42shadow42
March 29th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I agree to establish contact with Louiswill.

Fragos
March 29th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Attention to all regulars! For the next 10 hours, I will be unable to assist you again. Please be on your own for now. Thanks!

Numbertwo
March 29th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I want to come into contact with louiswill.

Numbertwo
March 29th, 2014, 01:44 PM

I agree to establish contact with louiswill

Numbertwo
March 29th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I want to come into contact with Appleyno

Apache
March 29th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I agree to establish contact with louiswill.

Apache
March 29th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I want to come in contact with 42shadow

42shadow42
March 29th, 2014, 02:03 PM
I want to come in contact with 42shadow

louiswill
March 29th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Thank you glip.

AppleyNO
March 29th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I want to come into contact with Appleyno
I agree to establish contact with NumberTwo.

Fragos
March 29th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Half of the game time has been passed, but Hypersniper, powerofdeath, RLVG and J have yet to make an appearance in the test. What's taking then too long? Maybe they are playing M-FM right now? Can someone give then the wake up call?

Apache
March 30th, 2014, 02:48 AM
I agree to establish contact with NumberTwo.

will you agree my contact request? or are you infected

Glip
March 30th, 2014, 08:21 AM

He's not. As of right now, the only people infected are ika, NoctiZ, and one of the noshows.

AppleyNO
March 30th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I will agree!

AppleyNO
March 30th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Certainly looks like it, I'm not saving Ika cuz he was stupid.
I'm also not interested in saving the infected that hasn't claimed. Since he/she didn't want to cooperate.

I want to come into contact with AppleyNO.
I agree to establish contact with 42Shadow42.

AppleyNO
March 30th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I agree to come in contact with Numbertwo
I want to come in contact with Glip
I want to come in contact with AppleyNo

Did not notice. I wonder where my vaccine count is at.... I need to win this test to continue guys.

NoctiZ
March 30th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Did not notice. I wonder where my vaccine count is at.... I need to win this test to continue guys.

I need to be cured guise

Citrus
March 30th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I wish to come into contact with NumberTwo
I wish to come into contact with 42Shadow42
I wish to come into contact with Louiswill
I wish to come into contact with Tonex
I wish to come into contact with AppleyNO

I agree to come into contact with NumberTwo
I agree to come into contact with 42Shadow42
I agree to come into contact with Tonex
I agree to come into contact with Louiswill
I agree to come into contact with AppleyNO

Citrus
March 30th, 2014, 10:22 AM
That should suffice for me

Citrus
March 30th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I have 2 vaccines right now so unless someone in that list is infected it should work out well

If we want to cure NoctiZ/Ika, someone other than Glip should do it to be fair to Glip (he cured Louis right?)

Apache
March 30th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I want to come into contact with NoctiZ.
unless appley was infected i am fine

Fragos
March 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Attention to all regulars! The test will end in 24 hours! Furthermore, until the test ends, you will NOT be able to learn your current status during the last period.

Currently there are 11 normal and 3 Infected regulars. It's the last leg down there, folks!

NoctiZ
March 30th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I agree to come in contact with Apache.

Numbertwo
March 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I want to come into contact with noctiz

Apache
March 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
ok noctiz is clean now and me too

Apache
March 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I want to come in contact with Tonex

but accept me before pod, i dont trust him

NoctiZ
March 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Numbertwo
March 30th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I agree to establish contact with Noctiz

42shadow42
March 30th, 2014, 11:46 AM

I agree to establish contact with Noctiz.

louiswill
March 30th, 2014, 05:42 PM
#163 I agree to establish contact with Citrus.
#172 I agree to establish contact with Noctiz.

powerofdeath
March 30th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I agree to establish contact with 42shadow42.

lol i forgot about this game

AppleyNO
March 30th, 2014, 08:40 PM

ok noctiz is clean now and me too
I agree to establish contact with NoctiZ.

Fragos
March 31st, 2014, 06:58 AM
lol i forgot about this game

So you just came back? Do you realize that you have only few more hours left before the test ends?

Fragos
March 31st, 2014, 10:23 AM
Attention to all regulars! The Pandemic Game has been ended! Those people started the game as Infected: louiwill, J and NoctiZ. After most contacts have been made, the status of regulars is now looking like this:

Regular's name
Final status
Point change

Numbertwo
Normal+6
250 points

42shadow42
Normal+6
250 points

louiswill
Normal+5
200 points

Citrus
Normal+4
150 points

Apache
Normal+4
150 points

Glip
Normal+4
150 points

NoctiZ
Normal+4
150 points

AppleyNO
Normal+3
100 points

Tonex
Normal+2
50 points

RLVG
Normal+0
-100 points

powerofdeath
Normal+0
-100 points

Hypersniper
Normal+0
-100 points

Ika
Infected+0
-200 points

J
Infected+0
-200 points

This is our current scoreboard after the test has ended:

RLVG
450 points

Glip
450 points

Numbertwo
450 points

Apache
400 points

louiswill
400 points

Citrus
350 points

NoctiZ
350 points

42shadow42
350 points

Tonex
300 points

powerofdeath
250 points

AppleyNO
100 points

Ika
-50 points

J
-100 points

Hypersniper
-100 points

I decided to award AppleyNO some points after he showed some efforts. But Ika, J and Hypersnpier have truly dissapointed me. They failed my best expectations and as the result, the will be DEMOTED back to 2F and will have to wait from further instructions from me in order to resume climbing the Tower. That is, if they show any will to fight back.

Everyone else, congragulations! You have passed this test with flying colors by showing your spirit of cooperation to me. I will see you at 4F soon!

louiswill
March 31st, 2014, 10:24 AM
I think you should award Glip, how many damned curses were cured by awesomeness of Glip? I'm literally saved by glip.

Apache
March 31st, 2014, 11:27 AM
wait how was louiswill infected then

Fragos
March 31st, 2014, 11:41 AM
wait how was louiswill infected then

My typo, louiswill was infected from the beginning. Ika was infected by NoctiZ during the game, he started as Normal.

Fragos
April 1st, 2014, 06:50 AM
Because FMXXII is going to start in the next week, I'll put 4F on hold now.

However, those who lost their previous tests on 2F and 3F will have another chance to try again on this weekend. I'll reveal the details to you later.

AppleyNO
April 2nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
All hail Fragos.

Fragos
April 9th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Now that FMXXI is starting soon, there will be at least one week break before the test on 4F begins. I plan to prepare the next test on 18th April (that's the next weekend). If you have anything against that date, please say that now - because the entire test is going to last roughly 7 days. See you soon at 4F, folks!

For Ika, Hypersniper and J there won't be any more chances. They are now eliminated from the tower. So as things stand, we are going to start the next test with 11 people. Though if you are not careful, those number will only continue to thin...

Fragos
April 16th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I'm planning to start the 4F trial on this weekend. Get yourself ready! If you have any reason against me starting the trial on thie weekend, let me know.