PDA

View Full Version : Fixing certain methods of cheating

Zippy
May 15th, 2011, 11:08 PM
It has started to crop up that sheriffs/invests are putting in their last will that they are checking someone and they will pause the game if they are bad.

To fix this (and the dead chat problem), if someone would die that turn, they should receive no investigative information. Without cheating, there's nothing they could do with that information anyway.

Styx
May 16th, 2011, 12:13 AM
By far the most elegant solution to these sorts of issues I've seen so far, bravo and completely agreed.

Membrax
May 16th, 2011, 01:45 AM
It has started to crop up that sheriffs/invests are putting in their last will that they are checking someone and they will pause the game if they are bad.

To fix this (and the dead chat problem), if someone would die that turn, they should receive no investigative information. Without cheating, there's nothing they could do with that information anyway.

Agree wholeheartedly. Lag chat, pauses, Skype, there is lots of ways to share that last info.
Only possible inconvenient would be with the coming Spirit Medium who speaks with the dead.

Footy
May 16th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I've not seen this used as of yet, i've seen people randomly pause the game just to be annoying, but never for a tactical reason, it's certainly an inventive way around getting your last investigation known.

I have seen a lot of games spoiled by Skype or third party communication, i.e. Town people helping the mafia because they're friends, but they'll never be a way to stop that, we'll just have to put up with it and try to avoid playing with people known to do it.

Zippy
May 16th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I've not seen this used as of yet, i've seen people randomly pause the game just to be annoying, but never for a tactical reason, it's certainly an inventive way around getting your last investigation known.

Happened in two games last night, and the guy in the second game admitted that he saw it happen in the first, and decided to try it, so it will spread.

Zack
May 16th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Sometimes its painful and frustrating to watch the idiots in town losing from the graveyard. So, I can understand why they try anything they possibly can to get around being dead and getting through to those still alive. In their eyes they aren't doing anything wrong, because they are town, the good guys, and the good guys must win. Yes, people can get a bit heated up and forget that its just a game, heh. Newbies in particular.

Once they experience the other side, being mafia/sk/etc, they should stop doing this. If not, then they are truly just greedily going for the win regardless of the method...