PDA

View Full Version : Player Report News

AppleyNO
March 2nd, 2014, 09:39 PM
Due to disorganization and confusion surrounding reports in the last few weeks, the following policy changes have been enacted.

1. Mugy is now the official Warden of Player Reports pending a return by fred.
2. A Head Keeper position has been created. In addition to reviewing reports, this position will process Audits, train new keepers, and be an active force in-game. I will be first Head Keeper directly under Mugy.
3. Slaol has rewritten the punishments for different crimes. All new processed reports will follow this template.

Crime Committed
First Offense
Second Offense
Third Offense
Fourth Offense

Light

Role Quitting
On-Hold
On-Hold
Stump List x2
Kickvote List x2

Report Abuse
On-Hold
On-Hold
Watch List x3
Kickvote List x3

Griefing
On-Hold
On-Hold
Watch List x 4
Kickvote List x4

Situational

Lag Cheating
On-Hold
Watch List x2
Kickvote x2
Banlist x2

Leave Train
On-Hold
Watch List x3
Kickvote x3
Banlist x3

Reactionary Game Throwing
On-Hold
Watch List x4
Kickvote x4
Banlist x4

Intentional

Intentional Game-Throwing
Watch list x2
Kickvote x2
Banlist x2
Permaban

Cheating / Additional Information
Watch list x3
Kickvote x3
Banlist x3
Permaban

Hacking
Permaban
Permaban
Permaban
Permaban

Staff Crimes

In-Game Abuse
Write Up
Removal of In-Game Powers

Additional Crimes

Name Abuse
On-Hold
Watch list 2x
Point Ban
Point Ban

Bank Hacking
Point Ban
Point Ban
Point Ban
Point Ban

The highest severity crime committed by a player will determine the row of punishment progression.
The amount of confirmed crimes committed by a player will determine the column of punishment.
Ex: A player has an Intentional Game Throwing report as their highest severity crime, and has 2 Role Quitting crimes on record. The punishment will be in the Intentional Game Throwing row, and the severity of punishment will be equal to amount of confirmed reports, which in this case is 3. Looking at the table, that would be a 2 week Ban-list.

A player end up on both Point Ban and any form of listing their punishment will be Permaban.

The Warden can change the punishment guidelines on a case by case basis if it benefits the community.

We will keep you updated on any new changes as they are made. We are transitioning our systems and it will take some time getting used to. Please bear with us.

Feel free to post your questions, concerns, and comments.

AppleyNO
March 2nd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Will Offenses Expire?

No, all offenses will now be taking into account when determining punishment.

Is this set in stone?

No, we can deviate if needed. However, consider it set in ice.

What do the classes mean?

Bothersome - Indirectly Affecting the Game or one person
Situational - Depending on the situation and what happened; it can be game-ruining. Not Planned.
Intentional - Something that ruins the game and was planned.
Staff Crimes - Abusing in-game mod powers.
Additional Crimes - Crimes that can get someone pointbanned.

Frog
March 3rd, 2014, 02:16 AM
Is this punishment template is more of a guideline or a set-in-stone rulebook?

That is to say, are punishments still discretionary based on player's history and attitude? Or will it follow this template regardless of other information?

Don't get me wrong, I think this template will clear up a lot of issues in setting a clear standard. I support this template 100%, but I still think keepers should have the flexibility to suggest alternative punishments based on unique situations.

Mugy
March 3rd, 2014, 02:54 AM

That is to say, are punishments still discretionary based on player's history and attitude? Or will it follow this template regardless of other information?

Don't get me wrong, I think this template will clear up a lot of issues in setting a clear standard. I support this template 100%, but I still think keepers should have the flexibility to suggest alternative punishments based on unique situations.

It is a guideline.

Helios
March 3rd, 2014, 03:56 AM
I would like to know what is understanded under Reactionary Game Throwing, the rest is clear i think.^^

kyle1234513
March 3rd, 2014, 04:44 AM
hooray! i like this new updated guideline. more detail. <3

Slaol
March 3rd, 2014, 06:02 AM

The Keeper Handbook in reports mentions that punishments may be adjusted. However setting a clear standard is important, so in the event that the guideline is deviated from the Keeper is asked to include a statement for why they believe it should be superseded.

I would like to know what is understanded under Reactionary Game Throwing, the rest is clear i think.^^

We attempted to separate the crimes into tiers. The first being crimes that only impact a single player or indirectly impact the game.
The second being situational and responsive, but game ruining.
The third being entirely intentioned 'pre-meditated' game destruction.

Reactionary Game Throwing is for a case in which a player may be griefed or game thrown upon, and their response is to further ruin the game. It is a crime, but has been separated from the variation that requires full intent.

cxx
March 3rd, 2014, 06:04 AM
I like it!

What is name abuse? It seems to have quite high severity and I can't make sense of it.

Slaol
March 3rd, 2014, 06:10 AM
I like it!

What is name abuse? It seems to have quite high severity and I can't make sense of it.

Name abuse is the crime for those really long names that are unreadable. They can destroy graveyards and make the player's posts unreadable.
The Orange is crimes that follow the point ban track. Their punishment is in addition to the listings, but not direct more or less severe.

Skulldor
March 3rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
I guessing it will also cover blank names or that are unseen blending to back ground colour, I do really like this table it give a lot more clear view of crimes, but what would you class as bothersome and additional crimes?

creedkingsx
March 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
what would you class as bothersome and additional crimes?

Those are categories for the crimes that follow it.

Skulldor
March 3rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Those are categories for the crimes that follow it.

That's alright then does this mean that we will be getting a new Template for reporting or will that stop the same as it is?

creedkingsx
March 3rd, 2014, 11:43 AM
That'll be the same.
This doesn't really affect the public, but it outlines the basic rules and expectations of both players and staff in game.

Helz
March 3rd, 2014, 02:10 PM
I thought Rev patched the name creation so that name abuse could no longer be a thing..

AppleyNO
March 3rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
I thought Rev patched the name creation so that name abuse could no longer be a thing..

People still get around it. T.T

Mugy
March 3rd, 2014, 07:44 PM
Super long names is impractical to patch out, as the extra character limit is needed to allow for coloured names.

Bruno
March 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
I never understood why colored names are worth it.

So someone can name himself Red as a funny little joke, and then there's two reds?

Haha, it's like Call of Duty. God bless the hearts of those little kids.