PDA

View Full Version : Tower of God - Sign-up thread

Fragos
February 14th, 2014, 09:02 AM
What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? Whatever you desire, 'that' is here. Tower of God.

Tower of God is a place where the chosen regulars take various tests on each floor in order to climb up the tower. There are 135 knows floors on this tower, though only 134 floors have been conqered up so far. The tests become much harder and complicated as people continue to clim the tower. In order to have a good chance of finishing each of those tests, one must possess many nessessary qualities - strenght, intelligence, willpower, luck, and more improtantly, the ability to work with others in a team. Some tests can encourage people to work together with each other. Other tests make then to challenge, fight, or betray their former allies - all of the sake of their own need of climbing the tower. What about you? Do you have any nessesary qualities to open the door and be able to climb the Tower of God? It's time to find out.

Tower of God is a major game where people get to continously complete various tests. Each floor has 1 major test where completing it will allow the participants to ascend to the next floor. The tower uses a "test point" system where people earn points by completing the tests and lose then by failing the test. Some floors have several "minor" tests that have no negatives, but can allow the players to gain advantage in the next major quest. It is possible for players to go in negative if the lose too much test points. If a someone drops into the negative zone, then that person must earn enough points to go back into positive zone or be dropped out of tower completely. The tests on the floor can differ from each other. Some tests will be similar to your usual Mafia experiece while other tests can be challenging puzzles that everyone must work on in order to climp this tower.

So, without further ado, let's start climbing the Tower of God! The sign-ups for the grand psychological puzzle game has been opened! There is no limit to this game - you can play Tower of God as much as you want (as long as you are able to maintain your Test Points). There will be constant breaks between floor tests (usually lasting one week), so you can rest and relax once in a while before contining further.
Another interesting things that the partiticipants will be divided into Regulars and Irregulars. Regulars are the people that have been chosen by the Tower (that is, those who have received the invitational PM from me and signed up). Irregulars are the people who have not been chosen by the tower, but have opened the door by thenselves on their own volition (those who signed up on their own without my invitation). I won't confirm or deny myself who was chosen and who was not, so it will be up to you and your deduction to find it out! The interaction between Regulars and Irregulars can be also a key points during some of the tests. It's just like in than manhwa - the Irregualrs can can have the potential to bring great changes to the tower thenselves! For futher notice, all players currently inside the tower will be simply known as "Regulars".

If a participants earns a very large number of Test Points, that person can then opt to be an Administrator. The Administatrators are the special group of people that can also create Tests on their own for other Regulars to participate. I can also pick an Administrator myself, from site admins or other exceptional people who chose not to climb the Tower of God. So expect the future test puzzle to come not only from me, but from other people in the community as well!

Current participants:

AppleyNO
Damus_Graves
Citrus
Hypersniper
powerofdeath
louiswill
Bahkieh
Numbertwo
Ika
NoctiZ
RLVG
Apache
Fatalis
Nick
Glip
J
42shadow42
Tonex

For people that have just started to climb the tower, the rules of the first test on Floor 1 have been announced:

Tower of God - 1F: Bomb and Fuse

The first test might reming the players on the "Hot Potato Game". In the hot potato game, you must pass the hot potato to each other before it becomes too late.

Once sign-ups become closed, all players will become participants in the test, wherether they want it or not. From this point after that, three random people will receive the bomb each. There are three bombs total - the deadly bomb, the concussion bomb, and the fake bomb. Anyone who is posessing the bomb can pass the it to other regular in order to avoid being blown up. However, there is a time restiction on how frequently a regular can pass the bomb. Once someone receives the bomb, an one-hour cooldown will initiate, during which the victim will not be able to pass the bomb. Futhermore, you cannot pass your bomb to a regular the is already holding another bomb. Also, the person with a bomb cannot steal the fuse either. The command to pass the bomb is performed publicly, by copying and pasting the following phrase:

I have passed the BOMB to <player name>! That regular must wait 1 hour before passing the bomb again.

However, there is another item that will make the game rules even more complicated. That item is the fuse, which will be also given to another random player. The fuse holder knows the exact type of the each of the bombs right from the start, however he must keep the track on the bombs by himself as the test goes on. If the regular with the fuse gets the deadly bomb, and is still holding both items when the test timer expires, that person will get a massive amount of points and all other regulars get point penalty. In other words, he "blows then up with the bomb". To counteract that problem, a one-use steal action will be availble to players. If a regular uses steal action on a person with the fuse (regardless of his target possesing the bomb or not), that player gets the fuse himself. However, if his target only has the bomb of any type, the thief will get only the bomb. Furthermore, after using the steal action (wherether successful or not), the regular will NOT be able to pass his bomb for the reminder of the test. Likewise, players will face a great risk if they try to actually pass the bomb to him, because he might actually steal the fuse instead. The steal action must be done in public using the following command:

I have picked <player name>'s pocket! In return, I can't pass the bomb for the rest of the test!

There will not be any telling wherether the bomb or the fuse becomes stolen untill someone else passes the bomb again. Furthermore, the holder of the fuse cannot steal the bomb either. There will be a large psychological pressure on players. If someone becomes too inactive, regulars can just pass the bomb to him - who cares anyway? If he is AFK, why he is even trying to climb the tower? On the contrary, if the bomb stays on a single regular for too long, they might suspect him as the fuse holder and try to steal the fuse from him, either actually steaing the fuse from him, or risking to be a permanent bomb holder from the rest of the test. You CAN steal a bomb from someone who have already accidentally stolen a bomb and was stuck with it (unless you are a fuse holder). But only do that if you want to sacrifice yourself so that your target can continue to climb the tower or are confident enough that the bomb is not deadly. You CAN also steal the fuse while you are holding the bomb. Or fake out a stealing on someone who doesn't have the fuse so people could be forced to steal the bomb from you and be permanently stuck with it. I hold no responsiblity or control over such cases. Also, the fuse holder can also start the game already carrying fake bomb or concussion bomb (but not deadly bomb). Stealing a fuse from original holder will not give you any extra knowledge about the bombs.

The estimated test duration is 72 hours. Between 24 and 48 hours, the concussion bomb will explode at unspecified time. Finally, between 48 and 72 hours, the deadly bomb will explode at unspecified time.The Test Points will be distributed in the following manner:

If the deadly bomb blows up on a person without a fuse:
The victim becomes eliminated from Tower completely. Everyone else ascends to 2F, gains 100 Test points, except for the person with the fuse, who gets only 50 Test points.

If the deadly bomb blows up on a person with the fuse:
Everyone loses 100 Test Points, while the winner ascends to 2F, gains 1000 Test Points and the right to become an Administrator fo the future tests. The losers will not ascend to 2F, and will be instead forced to take a new test on 1F, with harsher conditions and increased chances to be eliminated from the Tower.

The person that was carrying the concussion bomb when it exploded will not gain nor lose any points and ascends to 2F regardless of outcome. However, he will be forced to skip the next test. Don't worry, there will be a way for him to catch up.

The person that was carrying the fake bomb will be awarded with 200 Test Points for his expaordinary luck and ascends to 2F as well regardless of the status of the fuse.

Should you accept your willingness to climb the Tower, you will be tested for your courage, intellect, teamwork, adaptability, and of course, luck! If you become eliminated from the very first test, then you'll have to deal with it - you were probably not chosen by the tower! Best of luck!

AppleyNO
February 14th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I've been chosen to climb the tower, and at least for right now, play hot potato.

/sign

Damus_Graves
February 14th, 2014, 09:42 AM
/sure ill play

Citrus
February 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Looks interesting, /count me in

Hypersniper
February 14th, 2014, 10:04 AM
/sign

powerofdeath
February 14th, 2014, 10:17 AM
/k

louiswill
February 14th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Ypmagic's puzzle killing isn't happening. I guess I can try

/climb and fall

Bahkieh
February 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
/yolo

Fragos
February 14th, 2014, 11:07 AM
As I said before, there will be some breaks between the tests. Usually I plan to start test in weekends, and use breaks for workdays. The breaks might last shorter on some occasions, or longer if another major Forum Mafia is already underway. And keep in mind that eventually I will be not the only one creating tests for you!

Numbertwo
February 14th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I've been chosen to climb the tower, and at least for right now, play hot potato.

I thought i was special when i recieved that pm:(

anyway. /sign

Bahkieh
February 14th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I didnt receive any pm. So I shall rudely barge in

ika
February 14th, 2014, 11:27 AM
/takes bomb and fuse

NoctiZ
February 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM
/sign

RLVG
February 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Because I've been chosen, why not? I'll say screw testiny and be the unchosen one.

Apache
February 14th, 2014, 01:51 PM
/sing

Brendan
February 14th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Sorry, I don't think I have time to play! Starting my job tomorrow.

Fatalis
February 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
/sign

Nick
February 14th, 2014, 08:23 PM
lol

/sign

Nick
February 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Once someone receives the bomb, an one-hour cooldown will initiate, during which the victim will not be able to pass the bomb. Futhermore, the person with a bomb cannot steal the fuse either.

You CAN also steal the fuse while you are holding the bomb.

Does it mean that we cannot steal fuses within the 1-hour cooldown period after we receive the bomb?

Nick
February 14th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I didnt receive any pm. So I shall rudely barge in

Unwise move, --regular.

louiswill
February 14th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Does it mean that we cannot steal fuses within the 1-hour cooldown period after we receive the bomb?

No you can not until you pass the bomb to someone else.

Nick
February 14th, 2014, 09:18 PM
No you can not until you pass the bomb to someone else.

Seems like the game has started.

Fragos
February 14th, 2014, 10:39 PM
No, the first test will not start up until the sign-ups are closed.

You can use your steal action at any tine you want. Just kep in mind that it is an one-time action involving a greatear risk, so normally regulars should not use it.

Glip
February 15th, 2014, 02:15 AM
This looks like fun.

/sign

Fragos
February 15th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I believe I can keep the sign-ups open for maximin a week until the entire community ccatch up with the news.

On a side note, I'll get you a sneak peek on the future tests by spoiling only the names of those tests:

Minority Rule
Rocks, Papers, Scissors
Pandemic Game
Battle Chess
The Room of Darkness

So, as you can see, I still have a lot of fresh ideas, enough to sustain your excitement for a month or two! After that, I expect that the new Test Administrators should be able to provide regulars with more tests.

J
February 15th, 2014, 03:28 AM
/sign reminds me of Mario Party lol

Fragos
February 15th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Really? I thought that this game usually should remind you about Total Drama. Ain't I am right?

Fragos
February 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM
If you have any question related to the Tower of God, the game itself, feel free to ask then, and I'll try to answer. You did not just signed up blindly because I started it, right? Ask what you might expect from this game, and who knows, mayble I'll be able to satisfy you expectations!

Fragos
February 16th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Currently we have 16 participants. That's good number, though I have expected larger amount of people. Speaking of numbers, it's not really that much fun to run a single bomb with that many people around. So I'm going to adjust the rules of the first test! Don't worry, even if you miss this update, I will post the detailed rules again once the test begins.

Here are those changes: There will be 3 bombs instead of one, but only one bomb is the deadly bomb. The other bombs are "fakes"... well, at least one of then. See the updated rules soon!

Fragos
February 16th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Another thing to announce:

The 1F test is sheduled to start on Friday 21th. You'll better sign-up for Tower of God before time runs out!

Fragos
February 17th, 2014, 11:17 PM
On the final warning, the sign-ups for Tower of God will close in 3 Days.

On a side note, not all people who were "chosen" by the tower accepted the invitation, but I am happy to see a few "irregulars" as well. But there is still another person missing that I would to see climing the tower as well. Will he made it in time?

42shadow42
February 18th, 2014, 11:35 PM
/sign

Fragos
February 19th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Well, that's brave from you to start climbing the tower on your own risk! I'll accept your sign-up.

But to be honest, I expected another person to appear here anytime soon - clementine! Where is that little ferret? There are 2 days left before the sign-ups gets closed, you know.

Nick
February 19th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I know your plans...

You are not actually waiting for clementine, but the boy who will be following her into the tower...

Fragos
February 19th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Really? And who that "boy" would be?

Cryptonic
February 19th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Jsaint is back??

Fragos
February 19th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Like hell. I don't even know that person.

Though I might sent some extra invitations later. I did not send an invitation to Slaol and other admins because I would rather see then as Test Administrators instead of participating regulars.

Tonex
February 19th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I don't feel like this is an accurate rendition of the actual webtoon, but /sign anywys

Fragos
February 20th, 2014, 05:43 AM
The first test will begin tomorrow, at this time:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=21.02.2014+19.00+MSK

I'll send PMs to everyone once the test begins, because three of those regulars will start the game with bombs. After the test starts, the sign-ups will be closed; those of you who are still willing to enter the Tower must contact me directly via PM so that I can provide you an alternate way of joining the challenge.

Fragos
March 4th, 2014, 02:48 AM
I am willing to invite even more people inside Tower of God. Of course, you will have to start from 1F playing Bomb and Fuse, but once you reach 2F, you will most likely join with the people that lost in Room of Masks. Feeling excited yet?