PDA

View Full Version : Survival Quest #5

Espozito
February 2nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
Survival Quest #5
Alien Spaceship

This is the time when yet another spaceship encounters Earth to destroy the humanity. Luckily, humans have finally realised the potential of mind over muscles. A team of smart and intelligent people was trained to get on the spaceship and find a way to stop the disctruction of Earth. When they entered, alien security system located their shuttle and destroyed it. The team of Survivors has no way back now.

Rules:

Each Survivor has 5 lives.
Each turn all players must solve a puzzle sending me PM with his solution. If a Survivor doesn't send anything within 24 hours from the puzzle revealion or his solution is incorrect, he loses 1 life.
Once Survivor loses all of his lives, he dies.
There must be only one Survivor left.
Each turn a Survivor can send me PM saying "-Private Puzzle". In that case during the next turn he will be solving his own puzzle secretely instead of the ordinary puzzle. If he fails to solve it, he will lose 2 lives. In case of success, he will be given a game bonus (for example, blaster, medkit, immunity for 1 turn, etc.). The bonus isn't revealed until it's used.
Only one person solves Private Puzzle per turn. If more than one volunteers would want to do it, one of them will be picked randomly. However, the same player can't be solving Private Puzzle two turns in a row.

Episode 1. Packing up (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25606-Survival-Quest-5?p=421846&viewfull=1#post421846) (Ending (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25606-Survival-Quest-5?p=422144&viewfull=1#post422144))
Episode 2. Scouting the area (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25606-Survival-Quest-5?p=422183&viewfull=1#post422183) (Ending (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25606-Survival-Quest-5?p=422354&viewfull=1#post422354))
Episode 3. Intruders (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25606-Survival-Quest-5?p=422355&viewfull=1#post422355) (ending (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25606-Survival-Quest-5?p=422602&viewfull=1#post422602))

Survivors (at least 10 needed for start):

powerofdeath the orange prince; SQ#3 Champion;
RLVG the Ruler of Living Vicking Gamers;
NoctiZ the Face of Noc
Glip the ocalypse; SQ#1 Champion;
Citrus the Apple
Hypersniper the Hatshot
Numbertwo the actual SQ#4 Champion
42shadow42 the Forty-Two
ika the chuuuuu!!!!!!
creedkingsx the not green anymore?!?!?!

powerofdeath
February 2nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
/sign

RLVG
February 2nd, 2014, 10:54 AM
/Sign

And so after the epic battle, RLVG was sure to win but died a premature death.
The observing aliens felt so bad that they abducted his dead corpse and revived him...
... But because he was the most lonely of all vikings, they teleported him to a random group of humans in the same ship.

NoctiZ
February 2nd, 2014, 11:38 AM
/sign

Glip
February 2nd, 2014, 12:33 PM
I was told I should sign for this. So...

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/7496/9qts.png

Citrus
February 2nd, 2014, 12:46 PM
/gisn

Hypersniper
February 2nd, 2014, 12:51 PM
Yea /sign

Numbertwo
February 2nd, 2014, 01:36 PM
/sign

Numbertwo
February 2nd, 2014, 02:03 PM
I thought i was the winner of SQ4 and not Rlvg :(

RLVG
February 2nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
I thought i was the winner of SQ4 and not Rlvg :(

It's a referrene to SQ3.

42shadow42
February 2nd, 2014, 04:47 PM
/sign

ika
February 3rd, 2014, 02:50 AM
/sure

Hypersniper
February 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM
yea i shhot hats

creedkingsx
February 3rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
/sign

Espozito
February 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
The team of 10 survivors is ready. Game will be started in less than 24 hours. Until then you may still join.
Also, joining the game later than puzzle 1 will result in losing the amount of lives equal to skipped turns. Considering that, the latest time a player can join to SQ#5 is before/during Turn 5 with only 1 life left.

Espozito
February 4th, 2014, 07:13 AM
And, we are starting!

Episode 1. Packing Up

Realising that you are left alone on the alien spaceship, you decide to pack everything you have left in your inventories. But this is not an RPG game where you may carry 10 axes and 8 staffs with you.

There are different objects of different color that you need to put in your inventory without any item left (inventory is a white table).
Items mustn't cover each other!
Items cannot be rotated!
Send me PM with a picture of your solution.

http://s9.uploads.ru/O8Dre.png

This turn ends in 24 hours, but Episode 2 will start 2 hours later after that.

Numbertwo
February 4th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Hmm. what do you mean when you say that items aren't allowed to cover eachother? im a noob at puzzle games.

Espozito
February 4th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Hmm. what do you mean when you say that items aren't allowed to cover eachother? im a noob at puzzle games.

Imagine moving items in Diablo inventory.

Numbertwo
February 4th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Imagine moving items in Diablo inventory.

so it's like playing tetris without beeing able to rotate the blocks?

RLVG
February 4th, 2014, 07:30 AM
It's so EZ.

See, you put the shape into the other shape, then wrap it around... Add it to the oven, voila, Lé Broulé Waffel.

Espozito
February 4th, 2014, 07:30 AM
so it's like playing tetris without beeing able to rotate the blocks?

and without falling from up to down, yeah.

Glip
February 4th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Guys guys guys! I figured it out! It's really quite a simple trick, once you figure out. I really can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. You'll kick yourself once you realize how simple it is.

All you have to do is:

Drop all the useless blocks and find some REAL items to put in your inventory

Espozito
February 4th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Correction in case of misunderstanding:
If you wish to solve a private puzzle, you'll need to solve the current one anyway. You'll be solving Private Puzzle during the NEXT turn.

Hypersniper
February 4th, 2014, 08:30 AM
i cant see the picture

Espozito
February 4th, 2014, 08:43 AM
i cant see the picture

http://s9.uploads.ru/O8Dre.png

Does anyone else have picture problems?

RLVG
February 4th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Does anyone else have picture problems?

I managed to see it, so there's no problem.

powerofdeath
February 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Cant see it on mobile.

RLVG
February 4th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Cant see it on mobile.

RLVG to the Rescue.

Main Puzzle :

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |

Bricks :

___ ___
| | |
| | |
|___|___|
| | |
| | |
|___|___|

___ ___
| | |
| | |
|___|___|
| | |
| | |
|___|___|

___ ___
| | |
| | |
|___|___|
| | |
| | |
|___|___|
| | |
| | |
|___|___|

___
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|

___
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|

___
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|

___
| |
| |
|___|
| |
| |
|___|

___ ___ ___ ___
| | | | |
| | | | |
|___|___|___|___|
| | | | |
| | | | |
|___|___|___|___|

______
| | |
| | |
|___|___|
| | |
| | |
|___|___|
| | |
| | |
___ ___|___|___|
| | | | |
| | | | |
|___|___|___|___|
| | | | |
| | | | |
|___|___|___|___|
| | | | |
| | | | |
|___|___|___|___|

___ ___
| | | |
| | | |
___|___|___|___|___
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
|___|___|___|___|___|

42shadow42
February 4th, 2014, 12:02 PM
What to do with my extra space?

Espozito
February 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
What to do with my extra space?

Empty spaces are ignored. You only need to include all the items in inventory.

Espozito
February 5th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Episode 1 ending

During the pack-up one of the survivors couldn't find his flashlight and almost fell out from the platform in open space looking for it. Luckily, he wasn't harmed... basically.

There were many possible solutions as this is the first puzzle. For example, here's mine one:

http://s8.uploads.ru/7XLcl.png

Numbertwo - 5 (PP)
Glip - 5 (PP)
NoctiZ - 5
ika - 5
Citrus - 5 (PP)
42shadow42 - 5 (PP)
creedkingsx - 5
powerofdeath - 5
RLVG - 5 (PP)
Hypersniper - 4

creedkingsx
February 5th, 2014, 08:51 AM
What's the PP for?

Espozito
February 5th, 2014, 09:08 AM
What's the PP for?

Optioned in for Private Puzzle. One of them will be solving Private Puzzle instead of usual one.

Espozito
February 5th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Episode 2. Scouting the area

You scout the area of spaceship and find a door hat is locked. The password system gives you 5 lines of symbols with 1 missing in each of them. Complete the lines with the right symbols.

% # $ ^ _ * ( ! @

^ & @ ! ( % _ $ *

! ( _ # $ @ % ^ &

* % ( & _ ! $ @ #

$ @ ^ * % # & _ !

Send answer as code containing the missing symbols from up to down: _ _ _ _ _

Numbertwo will be solving a Private Puzzle (sent in PM). In case of success, noone but him will be notified what bonus did he gain unless he uses it.

24 hours until the end of this turn.

RLVG
February 5th, 2014, 01:41 PM
That was EZ. It's an animal.

NoctiZ
February 5th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Alien penis.

Espozito
February 6th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Episode 2 ending

Some of you decoded the locker easily. Someone made a mistake. Others didn't try. And the one who was trying to solve Private Puzzle failed.

Each line had shifted numbers as symbols. And each line had no symbol repeated. So every missing one is the symbol to make up the whole line of non-repeating characters.

% # $ ^ & * ( ! @

^ & @ ! ( % # $ *

! ( * # $ @ % ^ &

* % ( & ^ ! $ @ #

$ @ ^ * % # & ( !

The answer: & # * ^ (

Glip - 5 (PP)
creedkingsx - 5 (PP)
NoctiZ - 5 (PP)
42shadow42 - 5 (PP)
ika - 5
RLVG - 4
powerofdeath - 4
Citrus - 4
Numbertwo - 3
Hypersniper - 3

Espozito
February 6th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Episode 3. Intruders

Once you enter, alarm starts screaming. All of you have headaches and have to shut your ears otherwise you feel they're going to explode! To shut it down, you must add the missing color to the system (you will know what I mean once you open the spoiler below).

*Click it*

As answer, name the missing color.

Glip will be solving Private Puzzle.

You have 24 hours.

RLVG
February 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Each line had shifted numbers as symbols. And each line had no symbol repeated. So every missing one is the symbol to make up the whole line of non-repeating characters.

That's exactly what I did, except that I've may have used the Replace Macro wrongly.:|

Oh well, I was probably too tired to see my own mistake even though I was correct in my own way.

Espozito
February 6th, 2014, 10:50 AM
That's exactly what I did, except that I've may have used the Replace Macro wrongly.:|

Oh well, I was probably too tired to see my own mistake even though I was correct in my own way.

Yes, you solved the puzzle right actually but made a typo. Well, better luck next time.

RLVG
February 6th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Can we get a list of available colors in case we don't know what colors are what? Example, Indigo.

NoctiZ
February 6th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Episode 3. Intruders

Once you enter, alarm starts screaming. All of you have headaches and have to shut your ears otherwise you feel they're going to explode! To shut it down, you must add the missing color to the system (you will know what I mean once you open the spoiler below).

*Click it*

As answer, name the missing color.

Glip will be solving Private Puzzle.

You have 24 hours.
From what color pool do we choose from? I mean, technically there would be many colors that could be addable. I probably do know the answer already, but I'm wondering if you could specify.

Espozito
February 6th, 2014, 10:55 AM
From what color pool do we choose from? I mean, technically there would be many colors that could be addable. I probably do know the answer already, but I'm wondering if you could specify.

The easiest ones:

Basically, you can pick from mafia name colors (but don't think this puzzle's about mafia).

RLVG
February 6th, 2014, 11:00 AM
So EZ. All I'm worrying about now is those with basic epilepsy. Do they get an alternate puzzle?

Espozito
February 6th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Can we get a list of available colors in case we don't know what colors are what? Example, Indigo.

Red, blue, light blue, purple, yellow, orange, green, pink, grey, dark green, brown, lime, white.

powerofdeath
February 6th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Ahh, I missed the second puzzle

Espozito
February 6th, 2014, 11:18 AM
||||||

This is an alternative vision of this puzzle suggested by RLVG due to inability to see the actual puzzle GIF from mobiles. (colors are shuffled)

42shadow42
February 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
There appear to be multiple valid solutions for this puzzle, anyone agree?

NoctiZ
February 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM
There appear to be multiple valid solutions for this puzzle, anyone agree?

I would have agreed if Espozito had not posted the "list" of colors, helps in finding the correct one. Although if he says that the chosen solution is wrong then Imma go fuck him up because then it would really be as you say. :P

42shadow42
February 6th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I would have agreed if Espozito had not posted the "list" of colors, helps in finding the correct one. Although if he says that the chosen solution is wrong then Imma go fuck him up because then it would really be as you say. :P

O.o I have 2 valid solutions in the suggested list. The most viable solution actually is not in the list.

creedkingsx
February 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM
O.o I have 2 valid solutions in the suggested list. The most viable solution actually is not in the list.

Pretty sure the list was an example.

42shadow42
February 6th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Pretty sure the list was an example.

Confirm? Would the solution have to be selected from the list?

creedkingsx
February 6th, 2014, 09:42 PM
imo, Espozito has given a ton of added information that makes the puzzle riiculously easy.
I will reserve additional comments that could be made.

Espozito
February 7th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Episode 3 ending

This was a hard puzzle due to variability of colors and my not good knowledge of English. However, it's a survival game, but for future puzzle I'll try to be more specifical.
In other news, Glip has succeeded in Private Puzzle and recieved a game bonus!

The colors were making up a RAINBOW with Light blue as the missing color.

Glip - 5 (Bonus)
ika - 5
NoctiZ - 5 (PP)
powerofdeath - 4
42shadow42 - 4
creedkingsx - 4 (PP)
RLVG - 3
Citrus - 3 (PP)
Numbertwo - 2
Hypersniper - 2

RLVG
February 7th, 2014, 10:01 AM
The colors were making up a RAINBOW with Light blue as the missing color.

Are you like kidding me? I have answered wrongly, by being correct?

Is it Windows Paint Tool? :p

Dark Red, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Darkblue, Purple

Rewatching the puzzle, it do indeed turn out Blue or Light Blue to me, not freaking Dark Blue. Dark Blue isn't even in your puzzle.

Based on my answer, it was an obvious rainbow.

NoctiZ
February 7th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I thought of the color wheel and was confused, but in the end I did it.

Glip
February 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Are you like kidding me? I have answered wrongly, by being correct?

Rewatching the puzzle, it do indeed turn out Blue or Light Blue to me, not freaking Dark Blue. Dark Blue isn't even in your puzzle.

Based on my answer, it was an obvious rainbow.

I also knew it was a rainbow, but I had no idea what color was "missing," as none really was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow#Number_of_colours_in_spectrum_or_rainbow

A spectrum obtained using a glass prism and a point source is a continuum of wavelengths without bands. The number of colours that the human eye is able to distinguish in a spectrum is in the order of 100.[7] Accordingly, the Munsell colour system (a 20th-century system for numerically describing colours, based on equal steps for human visual perception) distinguishes 100 hues. The apparent discreteness of main colours is an artefact of human perception and the exact number of main colours is a somewhat arbitrary choice.
Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet

Newton originally (1672) divided the spectrum into five main colours; red, yellow, green, blue and violet. Later he included orange and indigo, giving seven main colours by analogy to the number of notes in a musical scale.[2][8] Newton chose to arbitrarily divide the visible spectrum into seven colours out of a belief, derived from the beliefs of the ancient Greek sophists, who thought there was a connection between the colours, the musical notes, the known objects in the solar system, and the days of the week.[9][10][11] According to Isaac Asimov, "It is customary to list indigo as a color lying between blue and violet, but it has never seemed to me that indigo is worth the dignity of being considered a separate color. To my eyes it seems merely deep blue."[12]

Rainbow (middle: real, bottom: computed) compared to true spectrum (top): unsaturated colours and different colour profile
The colour pattern of a rainbow is different from a spectrum, and the colours are less saturated. There is spectral smearing in a rainbow owing to the fact that for any particular wavelength, there is a distribution of exit angles, rather than a single unvarying angle.[13] In addition, a rainbow is a blurred version of the bow obtained from a point source, because the disk diameter of the sun (0.5°) cannot be neglected compared to the width of a rainbow (2°). The number of colour bands of a rainbow may therefore be different from the number of bands in a spectrum, especially if the droplets are either large or small. Therefore, the number of colours of a rainbow is variable. If, however, the word rainbow is used inaccurately to mean spectrum, it is the number of main colours in the spectrum.

I've always heard the colors of the rainbow as "Roy G. Biv", with indigo sometimes being excluded. I don't think I've ever heard anyone name "light blue" as one of the colors of the rainbow before.

Guess I should be glad I got the private puzzle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_G._Biv

Espozito
February 7th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Episode 4. Hiding

You shut the system down but then you hear someone approaching corridors behind you. Someone big probably. You decide to lock the door for good.

The locker has been broken so you use the good old numerical device to get the password combination.
That's what you get:

76 35 91 34
7 18 45 3 4
7 32 15 4
21 2 20
2 2 20

Finish the code, considering it uses the same rule each line. You must end up with one number. Send me the number.

NoctiZ has been chosen for the Private Puzzle.

You have 24 hours

NoctiZ
February 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Aw yiss.

creedkingsx
February 7th, 2014, 11:11 AM
The color for "light blue" in the rainbow is indigo.
I said Indigo.
k
k
k
k
k

Espozito
February 7th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I said Indigo.
k
k
k
k
k

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo

NoctiZ
February 7th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I said Indigo.
k
k
k
k
k

No, the color for light blue in the rainbow is blue.

creedkingsx
February 7th, 2014, 11:43 AM
yeah, I googled n stuff, you guycci espo

Espozito
February 8th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Episode 4 ending

The alien monster was about to strike when you were locking the door. It almost crashed in and caused many of you injuries.
Also, NoctiZ has solved the Private Puzzle and recieved bonus!

The idea of each line was to multiply single numbers from different sides

7 6*3 5*9 1*3 4
7*1 8*4 5*3 4
7*3 2*1 5*4
2 1*2 20
2*2 20
4*2 0
8*0

The answer: 0.

Glip - 5 (PP)
ika - 4
NoctiZ - 5 (Bonus)
powerofdeath - 4
42shadow42 - 4 (PP)
creedkingsx - 4 (PP)
RLVG - 2
Citrus - 2
Numbertwo - 1
Hypersniper - 1 (PP)

I'll probably need a break so Episode 5 isn't starting today. You will be informed through PM.

NoctiZ
February 8th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I probably wouldn't have been able to solve that puzzle but then again I didn't look at it for too long.

powerofdeath
February 8th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I probably wouldn't have been able to solve that puzzle but then again I didn't look at it for too long.

At first sight, I was thinking I was fucked, then like 5 minutes later I saw it and it was easy from there

42shadow42
February 8th, 2014, 12:56 PM
At first sight, I was thinking I was fucked, then like 5 minutes later I saw it and it was easy from there

I saw the solution b4 I saw ze puzzle.

powerofdeath
February 16th, 2014, 07:01 PM
I'll probably need a break so Episode 5 isn't starting today. You will be informed through PM.

Any idea when this will start?

creedkingsx
February 16th, 2014, 10:45 PM
We need to start another search party.