PDA

View Full Version : What is the ideal amount of roles?

McJesus
May 14th, 2011, 11:12 PM
With the current metagame on mafia revolving greatly around doubt with all of the random roles and now equivalent roles for almost everything with the new roles added it gets a bit rediclous the number of ways you can defend yourselves. I'm still ok with the game as it is but I am wondering at what point does it get to be too much? Having "three dozen roles" planned seems like a bit much however it is hard to tell without knowing what those roles actually are.

Dark.Revenant
May 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM
In the new future I am going to separate the randoms further into the Basic/Advanced categories; basic roles probably being Citizen, Sheriff, Doctor, Investigator, Vigilante, Mason, Mafioso, Consort, Serial Killer, Survivor, and Jester.

Nick
May 15th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Will Random Neutral be split into Random Neutral (Good) or Random Neutral (Evil)? Example:

Neutral (Good) - Survivor*
Neutral (Evil) - SK, Arsonist, Witch, Jester**
* Most of the time will vote to get killing roles lynched
** Most of the time will confuse town and vote with mafia to get self lynched

McJesus
May 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
wouldn't you just put survivor in the game instead of having random neutral good? There is no point having a random with only one catagory slot

Nick
May 15th, 2011, 08:30 AM
wouldn't you just put survivor in the game instead of having random neutral good? There is no point having a random with only one catagory slot

Put on your thinking caps. Time to design new roles for Benign Neutral!

Zack
May 16th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I already suggested such roles, Martial Artist and Alien :p

But people said they are op, or "not in the spirit of mafia".