PDA

View Full Version : HDD failure (lost 2K+ points)

Nekrophiliac
October 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I am just trying to see if points can be restored or if they are gone forever. I've been playing for about 6 months, and have become addicted to the game. I just went through a long hunt and search for a hardware issue causing random BSOD. I replaced my cpu, ram, mobo, and HDD. of course I formatted not realizing the data files were on the HDD for my mafia points. It is 100% my fault that they are gone, but if they can be restored I would be grateful.

I am more than happy to provide admin any info they need to h assist....Thankyou for any help rendered even if it isn't the outcome I want.

Ambient
October 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM
They are stored on your hard drive. I keep a back-up on my thumb drive. Your points cannot be restored by flipping a switch I am afraid.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
October 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
You can however, start up a new bank file and then upload that for Rev to edit.

he might even though there'd be no proof other than you saying so and/if others saying as well

Nekrophiliac
October 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
ya i knew they were on the hdd, The real problem was I got a new mobo, and unfortunatley had already RMA'd the old 850 chipset board. The new board a 950 chipset was thowing a fit and not loading my linux or win7 kernels on those harddrives so I was forced to format them. I really didn't think a mobo switch would cause issues with the hdd's....lesson learned :( at least i saved all my school work though :)

Elixir
October 7th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Point Restoration To Do List:

1: Confirm you dont have a backup of "MBank13" anywhere.
2: Start up sc2 and Play a game of Mafia. Make sure you put in your battle.net name when prompted.
3: Play the game to it's completion.
4: Search your SC2 folder in Documents for the newly created "MBank13" file for your account.
5: Open this file in notepad, hit Ctrl+A
6: Go here: http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,125.0.html make a post, and Ctrl+V your MBank13 into there along with how many points you had. A screenshot or other people vouching for you helps.

Nekrophiliac
October 8th, 2011, 01:34 AM
does it have to be my battle.net name ? cuz i originally used the name grannyfucker, and id rather not post my account user name on some public forums for all to see.

Elixir
October 8th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Battlenet name in that box that shows up. Or else you're starting from 0.