PDA

View Full Version : Disguiser Bug

Pedobear
October 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
When you get marked as a disguiser & you disguise as someone, YOUR number becomes ??? instead of the other players number. This is what happened;

Im teal, number 3. I disguised as Red, number 1. # 3 --------> #1 became #3 -----> ??? instead of #1. If you know what i'm getting at. If you don't, I become ??? number instead of a actual number, and anyone looking around can easily spot out a disguiser by hovering over your name in the vote list.

fix it... pl00xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dark.Revenant
October 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Impossible to fix because I have no fucking idea why it would happen in the first place. The code looks perfect, meaning it's some kind of Blizzard bug that I cannot triage.

Pedobear
October 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Alright.

SimpleFigment
October 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I did a search and found nothing on it, but after the latest patch i found yet another disguiser bug. I can get a screenshot if you like but i assume there's no reason to lie about it so i wouldn't require one. I disguised as someone, and even though i disguised as them it said their soul departed, and showed their last will [Which was his real last will, even though it copied as mine as well]. So the next day people noticed that although his soul departed, he was still sitting there talking and knew it was a disguiser.

Dark.Revenant
October 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM
There is no way to avoid it. Seriously, the only way to avoid it is to not show any leave messages at all.

Pedobear
October 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
There is no way to avoid it. Seriously, the only way to avoid it is to not show any leave messages at all.

You can't just change the name of the leaver message to the disguised persons just like you do name, position in circle, number(dunno if that was fixed yet), color, etc.

Dark.Revenant
October 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
They can leave during the tiny window of opportunity between the fade-out and the disguiser kill operation.