PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Don't Spawn Useless Forger/Framer

Deantwo
October 6th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Now that we have two mafia factions, some setups don't even have Town in them.

In a game with no Sheriff or Investigator, Forger/Framer becomes totally useless.

So I suggest we make it so that if there is no chance of Sheriff and Investigator in a setup, make Forger/Framer not spawn from randoms.

And no, framing an Administrator/Consigliere's target is not useful in anyway if there is no Town.

Gyver
October 6th, 2013, 05:36 AM
agreed

Helz
October 6th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Maybe an 'exclude from randoms' option on the framer?

Gyver
October 6th, 2013, 05:50 AM
the functionality already exists for the coroner who wont random in without a janitor

Deantwo
October 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Maybe an 'exclude from randoms' option on the framer?
I wouldn't say that is really needed, as then we would be depending on the host to know about this option. I don't trust most of the hosts as far as I throw them, just look at the number of horrible setups.

the functionality already exists for the coroner who wont random in without a janitor
That's what I was thinking.

Helz
October 14th, 2013, 02:43 AM
I wouldn't say that is really needed, as then we would be depending on the host to know about this option. I don't trust most of the hosts as far as I throw them, just look at the number of horrible setups.

That's what I was thinking.

Yes but it gives hosts more control over their saves. I don't care to cater to stupidity. And I am all about hosts being able to customize their saves more.

Deantwo
October 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Yes but it gives hosts more control over their saves. I don't care to cater to stupidity. And I am all about hosts being able to customize their saves more.

Well, option or hard-coded I don't care which.

I am not even sure that Coroner is still hard-coded to not sure up like I wrote on the Wiki. It's not something that is very easy to test after all.
(Wiki) Mechanics#Powerless_Roles (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/index.php?title=Mechanics#Powerless_Roles)

But this nicely fits in under "Powerless Roles". I can't see the reason for wanting Forger/Framer roll from randoms when they are useless, unless you wanna make a troll save, much rather have Enforcer/Mafioso.