PDA

View Full Version : A Rant on the Choose Name Option

Yarr
May 12th, 2011, 11:36 PM
It has been said here before that part of the strategy in this game is picking a name that does not get you killed on the first night. However, with the implementation of the Choose Name feature, the possibility of having a short name assigned to you is very real and unavoidable. It has been my experience that short names illicit a greater bias towards killing/investing/roleblocking etc.

For many hosts, they tend to rush the game settings to start. So I would like to propose that the Choose Name option gets turned into "Randomly Assign Names" and have that default toggled off.

Faceless
May 12th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I haven't played the new version yet, but if the new version has the whole "you can't choose your name" thing set to "on" by default, I would suggest that it be changed to be "off" by default since almost everyone is going to want it that way anyway.

Styx
May 13th, 2011, 12:44 AM
The option is called "Choose Name" and it's set to On by default. Also I don't understand this solution, it's just reversing the meaning of the option as well as its defaulted toggle so the net result is exactly the same.

Yarr
May 13th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Maybe I've just been unlucky with the games Ive been in. It seems to be toggled off from the start. I proposed this because with this solution, the default toggle doesn't need to change, only the action should it be toggled on.

Deolrin
May 13th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Oh, so YOU'RE Plato. Cool. :P

Deolrin
May 13th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Maybe. xD
I was in this one game in which someone saw you and went all 'OMFG IT'S PLATO I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN' and called himself 'Plato FanClub'. If you remember that game, I was the host.
...Unless of course you're not the Plato from EU. I really have no idea.

Trenix
May 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
The new feature is working as I thought it would. Hosts are cutting back on name selection because they're fed up with it. I had some person requesting pokemon names before the game has started, because of that everyone said to just turn off the option. Best updated yet...

Deolrin
May 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
LOL
"Hosts are cutting back on name selection because they're fed up with it."
No. I really don't know what "hosts" you're talking about, but so far NO ONE that I met actually disabled it, unless it was a Save Slot from a previous version and they simply forgot to turn it on.

Sarzael
May 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM
HAHAHA! THE BIGGEST FAN? Plato is the biggest... NOOB!