PDA

View Full Version : WhiteList Request on behalf of my friends

ArcanumMBD
September 13th, 2013, 09:32 PM
This might not be the right place to post this, but I am unsure who to message regarding this issue. I started playing mafia a few months ago with a friend, who had a starter account that I spawned up so we could play Arcade games. We fell in love with mafia, and spent a lot of time playing the game.

Fast forward to now, and I have two more friends that I got to download SC2 just to play mafia, only to find out you guys are indiscriminately banning every single new account. We were pretty disappointed to find out mafia was now an exclusive club to people who paid for SC2.

I'm making this post in the hopes that there is some way I can convince somebody to make an exception. I already play the game with a friend who uses a starter account, what's the harm in two more? I am even willing to put my own account on the line. It shouldn't be too hard to add a flag to a whitelist post, putting my account info as a footnote to theirs so if they end up banned you can ban my account as well.

All we want to do is enjoy this amazing game. If there's a chance you might allow an exception, I will do everything I can to prove the legitimacy of my friends' accounts. If that's a possibility then let me know and I will get the necessary account info from my friends.

Thank you for your time, and again, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Slaol
September 13th, 2013, 10:00 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience. However we can not make an exception at this time. It is also unlikely there will be a time at which we will be making an exception.

In our case we can not leave this option open to others, or create instances in which the normal offenders might try to pry to get their accounts allowed again. In the end it requires you purchase Sc2, but this is not the first game that is limited by if or if not you have purchased the actual game. To my knowledge starter accounts can not play the entire campaign. Blizzard is not obligated to give you the entire game because you have not paid. On our end it is not about the money but instead about the ability to police who plays it.

If something changes we'll let you know.

Raptorblaze
September 14th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I really hate us having to do this, you have no idea :/ however blizzard has given us no way to moderate the new accounts otherwise.

I'll speak with Slaol and the other council members and let you know our decision, as this is the first such request we've had.

fred
September 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
I dont mind a special case.

I say let em play, worst comes to worst we have their IDs.

Raptorblaze
September 21st, 2013, 06:48 AM
I dont mind a special case.

I say let em play, worst comes to worst we have their IDs.

Slaol was supposed to get this done.... Though an upcoming change will probably resolve this even without a whitelist.