PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Staff

ika
September 6th, 2013, 07:40 PM
i liked ika thought he did a good job sad to see good honest people have to leave for whatever reasons they have

I saw this post after appley announced that i have stepped down. I sat back and reflected on it. I thought about that post and what it meant to me. I reflected on why i left and for my reasons. After thinking about it i decided that maybe it is best i made this to ask what people think of staff.

I also feel the need to say why i left my keeper status, The primary reason was due to some drama that happened, a lot of the staff said i over reacted to it and maybe i did. But staff knows the primary reason (and is going to remain like that) but there was also more behind it, i looked back as me as a staff, i though back to FM 18 where i was doc, I ranted and raged at titus for being a bad mayor, that was until i found out damus was a drug dealer, i looked back at "into the amazon fm" where i was again, doctor. again i ranted and raged and i look back and said to myself "this is not how a staff should act" that was another reason why i stepped down, i felt like i was giving staff a bad rep with my i want to say "actions." Now along with that and the internal staff drama that stirred up, i had real life drama going on and many other outside factors going on, so when the incident came up about something i was doing was "wrong" i hit my point where i said enough and decided to just leave it.

Do i regret my decision, not really. Did i overreact to the drama, probably. Do i plan on becoming a keeper again, maybe one day. Right now i need some time away from the staff world and have some time alone, when i am ready i will consider asking about becoming keeper again and see what has changed.

I felt like this is needed because it has been some time since it was last done. Maybe the regular players can give advice on what could be improved and who is good and who is bad. I have my thoughts on staff as well and I will say that most of the staff is pretty good but some of the members should understand that words have a powerful impact on a person.

I also would like to hear feedback for me, not so much as a player, but more as a staff, how was i as a keeper, what did you think of me being keeper/staff, was i a good staff or a bad staff? What could staff do to improve, what are they doing good?

ika
September 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM
And i still cant type right.............

can someone fix the poll plz

powerofdeath
September 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM
As a staff that didn't do anything YET, I am abstaining from voting.

Helz
September 6th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Personally I love how things are done here. The staff is light hearted and takes everything with 2 grains of salt. Its all about having fun and if you are not having fun there is no point. On that note I would like to see the forum community lighten up. The reg staff and players take shit way to personal there..

ika
September 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Also if you vote do you mind giving reason as well. If you think they are doing bad what can they/I can improve on. I have my input as well but staff is pretty much aware of what i think of it right now.

Slaol
September 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
The 5 star of options pleases my natural tiers for ranking.

I give it a 3.
It is effectively Police Work and HR, as well as the art of trying to come up with new additions to a pretty complete game.
As far as reports go, they are done more slowly than they should be, but adding more people isn't effective. There is simply a constant factor of how many reports are dealt with.
As far as the HR (or is it PR) goes, it is a pretty delicate balance when the majority of people come to the site entirely based on a high level of 'mad' because of a game violation. Then they get here and most submissions are shot down, sometimes not even by us.
Then we have FMs. Nice little traps of people arguing and debating and, in nearly every case, trying to kill each other.

Really the site is a hot mess of situation after situation where people are intent on forcing their opinion on others for some kind of gain- vengeance (reports), victory (FMs), or impact (mafia discussion). The fact that it doesn't erupt on a daily basis, and is only blown up when people talk about Ash is pretty shocking.

Staff does a decent to good job at keeping people not mad most of the time. Even if there are occasional instances of things becoming out of our control. 3/5

Edit: As staff, however, I won't be voting. And I ask the rest of staff to abstain.

Raptorblaze
September 6th, 2013, 08:08 PM
The 5 star of options pleases my natural tiers for ranking.

I give it a 3.
It is effectively Police Work and HR, as well as the art of trying to come up with new additions to a pretty complete game.
As far as reports go, they are done more slowly than they should be, but adding more people isn't effective. There is simply a constant factor of how many reports are dealt with.
As far as the HR (or is it PR) goes, it is a pretty delicate balance when the majority of people come to the site entirely based on a high level of 'mad' because of a game violation. Then they get here and most submissions are shot down, sometimes not even by us.
Then we have FMs. Nice little traps of people arguing and debating and, in nearly every case, trying to kill each other.

Really the site is a hot mess of situation after situation where people are intent on forcing their opinion on others for some kind of gain- vengeance (reports), victory (FMs), or impact (mafia discussion). The fact that it doesn't erupt on a daily basis, and is only blown up when people talk about Ash is pretty shocking.

Staff does a decent to good job at keeping people not mad most of the time. Even if there are occasional instances of things becoming out of our control. 3/5

Pro-tip: If you come to me calm and reasonable with a problem, lay out your points without getting pissy, and don't call people names because you disagree with them, often times I'll find a way to make you happy even if it inconveniences us a bit. If you demand something, unless you're 100% blatantly right, I'll either ignore you or tell you you're an idiot.

Source: Every conversation with everyone ever since I became admin.

Glip
September 6th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I realize that as a staff member myself, my opinion is rather biased, but I shall give it nonetheless.

I feel that the staff in general are nice people, or at least try to be. There is little actual abuse, and whenever there is a real case, it is dealt with efficiently and effectively.

That said, I feel that we are rather separated from the community. On Skype, we have our own "Staff Chat," and the "Illuminati Chat," while it has a few non-staff members, is also mostly staff. These chats are where most of our conversation takes place. Combine this with the fact that we don't tend to reveal ourselves in-game, the public doesn't really get the sense that the staff are a part of the community, and we become more of a "Big Brother" silently watching the games and passing judgement upon players, rather than just normal people like anyone else.

Another problem with the staff is that when there are large numbers of us in a single game, it tends to get rather circle-jerky, which doesn't help at all to improve our public image.

kyle1234513
September 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM
i voted a 1, i still dont like report process times. i still think there is room for improvement. as far as professionalism goes its "meh" you guys do and say what you should, but i just dont see the point of it if the job just doesnt get done at all... function > wording. always.

Nick
September 7th, 2013, 06:49 AM
This poll is rigged. There is no 0...

AppleyNO
September 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM
i voted a 1, i still dont like report process times. i still think there is room for improvement. as far as professionalism goes its "meh" you guys do and say what you should, but i just dont see the point of it if the job just doesnt get done at all... function > wording. always.
We have been working to get through reports as fast as we can. We did hire several new keepers to help in this goal.

Slaol
September 7th, 2013, 08:12 AM
This poll is rigged. There is no 0...

Here is how I do rankings.
5- exceptional, a true paragon of excellence
4- pretty damn good
3- generally good
2- average
1- negative, bad, like you should be offended by your own failures
0- good god remove yourself from something, possibly existence

Thus, I am confident 1 should cover and failures, also if people split their votes between a 1 and 0, both obviously poor, then neither would look as large. Compressed into the '1' they will look more mighty in their lack of please.

CmG
September 7th, 2013, 08:38 PM
lol, Kyle... anyways. Too much circle jerking in the staff team nowadays and too many staff members at all who do jack shit.

solid 3.

My respect goes to raptorblaze who does an excelent job keeping everything together. I hope creed comes back soon and everybody starts to be more serious again. This would be awesome.

Raptorblaze
September 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM

The problem is we have a hard time finding people willing to consistently do the reports, hence why we first enlarged the keeper team and then mass fire them. It's nothing against them personally, we just need people to do...things.

Key points of my management style:
1. I will generally try to improve my staff members over firing them and finding new ones, though that is always an option.
2. I make myself available whenever they need to discuss their own behavior or another person's privately. Also if they have any questions on policy.
3. I do not punish people publicly when possible. Sometimes it is "public" in the sense that the staff as a whole is aware but the general public is not. Public embarassment rarely helps to improve behavior in my experience.
4. If they have followed our procedure and have done nothing wrong, I will always have their back. They know they can rely on me (or I hope they know anyway) and I make an effort to maintain that trust.
5. I will kill your ego. This is probably part of why people make comments about me "sexually abusing" people as a requirement of being a staffmember, I do not like egos and I will do whatever it takes to reign them in and break them down. That's not to say devastating people emotionally, but generally to make them less serious about themselves which in turn allows staff as a whole to co-operate better. I have limited success in this area at times but it's always a goal. Also it's all verbal, I wouldn't actually abuse my staff like that ;)

ypmagic
September 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
1. Fix the leave train problem.
2. Fix the loading problem.

Shouldn't I at least get that as a player? Its been really frustrating that I just quit playing in sc2.

CmG
September 7th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Lol. How we have any power to fix that. Very funny. You can solely blame Blizzard for it or the troll community. There is nothing the staff can do about it and if you would have thought about the issue for 5 seconds you would have come to the same conclusion.

Anyone else with unrealistic problems the staff can't solve?

ypmagic
September 7th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Lol. How we have any power to fix that. Very funny. You can solely blame Blizzard for it or the troll community. There is nothing the staff can do about it and if you would have thought about the issue for 5 seconds you would have come to the same conclusion.

Anyone else with unrealistic problems the staff can't solve?

Here's some nice solutions.

1) Make a standalone game. Its not that hard to find 5 freelance coders and pay them the money we donated.

2) Start punishing people for leaving by taking away their points.

3) If it means the graphics will suck, take a survey to see if people would rather enjoy a lag less and more strict gaming environment than graphics.

4) Actually make some kind of counsel that makes up roles?

5) Cut back on focusing more on forum mafia rather than at least trying to satisfy players in the real mod?

6) Blizzard doesn't do shit, if you want to improve the game, then you do it. Not blame it on the surrounding people and say that the big corporation is being cheap with us.

7) A onetime only vote system for a kick, that can only be used once per game and must have a majority of the vote.

8) Some kind of report system in game? Again, if you're so lazy to code this for the sake of the players, then hire a freelance coder that knows SC2.

9) If you're going to be so lazy to not code the shit, teach some people that would give up their life for Mafia so we don't have one coder.

I'm just saying, there's a whole bunch of fucking solutions out there while you guys are saying that we can't do shit cause of Blizzard. Of course you can.

Raptorblaze
September 7th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Here's some nice solutions.

1) Make a standalone game. Its not that hard to find 5 freelance coders and pay them the money we donated.

2) Start punishing people for leaving by taking away their points.

3) If it means the graphics will suck, take a survey to see if people would rather enjoy a lag less and more strict gaming environment than graphics.

4) Actually make some kind of counsel that makes up roles?

5) Cut back on focusing more on forum mafia rather than at least trying to satisfy players in the real mod?

6) Blizzard doesn't do shit, if you want to improve the game, then you do it. Not blame it on the surrounding people and say that the big corporation is being cheap with us.

7) A onetime only vote system for a kick, that can only be used once per game and must have a majority of the vote.

8) Some kind of report system in game? Again, if you're so lazy to code this for the sake of the players, then hire a freelance coder that knows SC2.

9) If you're going to be so lazy to not code the shit, teach some people that would give up their life for Mafia so we don't have one coder.

I'm just saying, there's a whole bunch of fucking solutions out there while you guys are saying that we can't do shit cause of Blizzard. Of course you can.

#1: As we've said (and as a couple attempts have seemingly proven) there just isn't a viable market for such a thing.
#2: Map does this automatically actually.
#3: Irrelevant, see answer to #1
#4: There's not a lot of good role variety left to add to the game outside a couple niche applications already in development.
#5: Lol he thinks I focus on FM at all.
#6: We only blame the corporation for things we are physically incapable of fixing, like their shitty servers. I feel no shame blaming their servers because that last patch screwed up a ton of games besides just mafia.
#7: So....the kickvote list?
#8: You appear to not understand that SC2 maps cannot access outside servers or create files on your computer. They are isolated to the bank files and their own code. How exactly could we implement a report system without accessing our (or potentially blizzard's?) servers? See #1 before you say stand-alone.
#9: If you're going to be so lazy as to not even research the limitations of SC2 maps or read our previous statements on stand- alone platforms then don't even bother responding. You just make yourself look like an ignorant arse.

Well that was more direct than I originally wanted to be, but there's no other way to respond to your tone.

ypmagic
September 7th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I didn't have a tone. That was suggestions from a player with a perspective that the game is corrupted. If you can't take mere suggestions and take all of it as crap, why bother even updating the game?

Raptorblaze
September 7th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I didn't have a tone. That was suggestions from a player with a perspective that the game is corrupted. If you can't take mere suggestions and take all of it as crap, why bother even updating the game?

Your tone is that you think we're idiots who don't care. Believe me, if I didn't care I would not still be here responding to people like you. Anyway feel free to comment on any of my responses but if your opinion is that the game is "corrupted" then you are obviously either misinformed or self-deluded.

Raptorblaze
September 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Offered kyle keeper for a week since he's upset with us over report times, why not get him to help out if he actually cares. I'd be game for trying out you too ypmagic though your criticisms aren't reports based mostly. pm me skype info if interested.

ypmagic
September 8th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Offered kyle keeper for a week since he's upset with us over report times, why not get him to help out if he actually cares. I'd be game for trying out you too ypmagic though your criticisms aren't reports based mostly. pm me skype info if interested.

Yeah sure. Why not help out and make a difference?

Raptorblaze
September 8th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Yeah sure. Why not help out and make a difference?

I look at this this way:
If you don't do well, at least you'll be more aware of how staff behaves
If you do well, we get reports done and we'll keep you on longer.

win-win imo.

cxx
September 11th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Ika, however you behave in FM or SC2 doesn't determine whether you're suited as a keeper or not. If you tend to be hot-tempered, you might not be suited as a mod, but certainly I am in no position to judge. Anyhow, I don't see how this conflicts with you being a keeper or staff.

You reviewed some of my reports, and I appreciate your work. Same can be said for most of the staff I've encountered. I won't say anything bad about people who devote a part of their time to improve the game. One shouldn't take that for granted.

Raptorblaze
September 11th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Banned all the smurfs that voted, for the record the original votes list was

Barracks Obamer, drtjdfgjdfgj, dyedfire, Fucking, GayCIA, Im Jesse Ventura, kyle1234513, Landstanders ghost, Mafia is dead, Michael Morhaime, Missile, Nine Eleven, PeachCobbler, Ross Mandell

for 1, which is still displayed, of those the people who were not obvious smurfs were dyedfire (owner of at least 7 of those smurfs), kyle1234513, PeachCobbler

Edited vote count accordingly, though i cannot edit the names list.

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
September 11th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Wow, so you can lose points if you leave games?

Banned all the smurfs that voted, for the record the original votes list was

Barracks Obamer, drtjdfgjdfgj, dyedfire, Fucking, GayCIA, Im Jesse Ventura, kyle1234513, Landstanders ghost, Mafia is dead, Michael Morhaime, Missile, Nine Eleven, PeachCobbler, Ross Mandell

for 1, which is still displayed, of those the people who were not obvious smurfs were dyedfire (owner of at least 7 of those smurfs), kyle1234513, PeachCobbler

Edited vote count accordingly, though i cannot edit the names list.

Wow someone really hates the staff for someone to do something like that.

Raptorblaze
September 11th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Wow, so you can lose points if you leave games?

Wow someone really hates the staff for someone to do something like that.

Its only like a couple points, and you only lose them if you leave while alive (if you -suicide, you lose them if you leave before the game ends)

dyedfire (owner of at least 7 of those smurfs)

Gerik
September 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM
lol, Kyle... anyways. Too much circle jerking in the staff team nowadays and too many staff members at all who do jack shit.

solid 3.

My respect goes to raptorblaze who does an excelent job keeping everything together. I hope creed comes back soon and everybody starts to be more serious again. This would be awesome.

Says one of the biggest trolls ever to be on staff...

Anyway, I'm going to abstain from voting or stating my views on the matter. So far this thread has mostly consisted of posts by staff/ex-staff and I'd rather give other users the chance to voice their opinions.

CmG
September 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Says one of the biggest trolls ever to be on staff...

Anyway, I'm going to abstain from voting or stating my views on the matter. So far this thread has mostly consisted of posts by staff/ex-staff and I'd rather give other users the chance to voice their opinions.

i am rather a troll than a guy who takes everything way too serious... or lets just say i am flexible and i change my behaviour accordingly with the people i work with....

Gerik
September 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
i am rather a troll than a guy who takes everything way too serious... or lets just say i am flexible and i change my behaviour accordingly with the people i work with....

You want people to be more serious... but also think people are too serious as is? :huh:

Raptorblaze
September 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Stop it you two. Not the place. Let people vote and discuss their opinions of staff.

creedkingsx
September 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I give myself a 5.
I give everyone else a 3 because they are not me.

Cryptonic
September 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
DR has spoken.
All staff must now be replaced.

kyle1234513
September 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM
i feel like a major component to staff should be reports, greens and oranges for the most part, and blues and reds when something is really important, or just to pitch in when oranges and greens are behind.

sure theres general moderation like move threads, or warnings and infractions, but really, how many of those are handed out a week? and these things arent hard to spot, and are relatively quick with the new posts being on the right hand side. it shouldnt take a whole lot of people to just watch that. whereas any green or orange should be able to handle those.

on my end, im just not seeing progress. 13702 20 keepers/mods, at 3 reports a week, for 52 weeks = 3120 total reports that could be done(in a single year), reasonably. i only see ~3500 threads total, and the website has been running for how long now? oldest post i see was from nov 2011, so i assume 2 years. unless ignored reports eventually get deleted. so that tells me that the average amount of reports being done per week per keeper/mod is 1.5 ish. which in my opinion, you should be asking more from them.

so unless someone has an accurate number of total reports in the last year, and number of reports ever, im going to assume my math isnt wrong here.

Raptorblaze
September 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM
i feel like a major component to staff should be reports, greens and oranges for the most part, and blues and reds when something is really important, or just to pitch in when oranges and greens are behind.

sure theres general moderation like move threads, or warnings and infractions, but really, how many of those are handed out a week? and these things arent hard to spot, and are relatively quick with the new posts being on the right hand side. it shouldnt take a whole lot of people to just watch that. whereas any green or orange should be able to handle those.

on my end, im just not seeing progress. 13702 20 keepers/mods, at 3 reports a week, for 52 weeks = 3120 total reports that could be done(in a single year), reasonably. i only see ~3500 threads total, and the website has been running for how long now? oldest post i see was from nov 2011, so i assume 2 years. unless ignored reports eventually get deleted. so that tells me that the average amount of reports being done per week per keeper/mod is 1.5 ish. which in my opinion, you should be asking more from them.

so unless someone has an accurate number of total reports in the last year, and number of reports ever, im going to assume my math isnt wrong here.

The number of threads is actually significantly lower than it should be due to database errors, lack of archiving in the past, merging, etc.

About 125 open reports.

20 people, assuming 3 per week.
~2 weeks of work.
During that 2 weeks, we'll receive approximately 112 new reports.

Mind you we actually have around 12 people assigned to reports, not 20. So it's more like we'd get it done in just under 3.5 weeks, during which time about 195 more reports will be generated.

Now, our actual quota is 15-25 a month, which is more like 7.5 a week at best, but this is in practice a burst volume not a constant one, so reports tend to fill up then get torn through, and then fill up again cyclically.

Slaol
September 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
#4: There's not a lot of good role variety left to add to the game outside a couple niche applications already in development.

Wo wo wo wo wo wo. Dafuq is this? Slaol isn't close to done.

Raptorblaze
September 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Wo wo wo wo wo wo. Dafuq is this? Slaol isn't close to done.

I said *good* role variety.

Slaol
September 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I said *good* role variety.

I'll update my super secret thread later today.

SuperJack
September 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Reat...?

ika
September 12th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Reat...?

post #2

Cryptonic
September 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Jack, what is the purpose of that post..... Even if ika didn't correct himself in a previous post, you'd understand what "reat" meant if you just looked at the topic title. Stop trying to start drama, pls.

Gerik
September 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Stop it you two. Not the place. Let people vote and discuss their opinions of staff.

Stop what? I was just pointing out some inconsistencies in CmG's wishes. We can't increase AND decrease our level of seriousness simultaneously. Which is it, CmG?!!? What do you want from us?!?!?

SuperJack
September 12th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Jack, what is the purpose of that post..... Even if ika didn't correct himself in a previous post, you'd understand what "reat" meant if you just looked at the topic title. Stop trying to start drama, pls.

Sorry lol, For some reason whenever I viewd this topic, It always started on Page 2 for me, I thought Rap started this post and intentional posted reat, but I have no idea what the meaning of reat ment.

Damus_Graves
September 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Stop what? I was just pointing out some inconsistencies in CmG's wishes. We can't increase AND decrease our level of seriousness simultaneously. Which is it, CmG?!!? What do you want from us?!?!?

Private Message System. Hint hint

CmG
September 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Well, i am quite sure the topic name has a typo in it. It should be called "Rape the Staff!"

CmG
September 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM

I want to continue this so we both end up getting infractions... Not. So peanut butter would be a nice start!

SuperJack
September 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
post #2

Sorry Ika didn't read the first page... XD , I think your a coolish guy with the right intentions, just the way you present it is different.

ika
September 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Sorry Ika didn't read the first page... XD , I think your a coolish guy with the right intentions, just the way you present it is different.

Its fine. I didnt noticed the typo till it was too late.

oops_ur_dead
September 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM

k I'm actually fucking tired of this shit now.

Keepers work for free volunteering their time to a game they love. We hold the keepers to a high standard that they endure simply so that they can help this game not be complete shit, and the staff refined the process to be as efficient and fair as possible. All while doing this for free, of course, none of us ever see the donation money that Rev gets.

So please tell me, who the fuck are YOU to tell the keepers that they need to do more reports or that they aren't working hard enough? What do YOU do for the community apart from trying to piss everyone off and act like you know everything about the process that we go through to punish players and how much time it should take? Reports take a decent amount of time to process and follow through with, and a lot of people on staff are still in school/university. They don't have the time to sit for 8 hours a day doing reports just to appease you, and frankly you aren't helping by spewing this shit that staff then have to take time to respond to because otherwise you'll piss and moan about it.

Raptorblaze
September 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM
k I'm actually fucking tired of this shit now.

Keepers work for free volunteering their time to a game they love. We hold the keepers to a high standard that they endure simply so that they can help this game not be complete shit, and the staff refined the process to be as efficient and fair as possible. All while doing this for free, of course, none of us ever see the donation money that Rev gets.

So please tell me, who the fuck are YOU to tell the keepers that they need to do more reports or that they aren't working hard enough? What do YOU do for the community apart from trying to piss everyone off and act like you know everything about the process that we go through to punish players and how much time it should take? Reports take a decent amount of time to process and follow through with, and a lot of people on staff are still in school/university. They don't have the time to sit for 8 hours a day doing reports just to appease you, and frankly you aren't helping by spewing this shit that staff then have to take time to respond to because otherwise you'll piss and moan about it.

I love you oops <3

AppleyNO
September 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM

Not to beat a dead horse here, but we have tried to offer solution after solution, which doesn't seem to work for you. Signup to help. The offer is there.

creedkingsx
September 12th, 2013, 10:40 PM

Someone can reverse the infraction on this post if they want. It pisses me off to see an ungrateful kid like this. It's bad enough I am keeping some sense of professionalism in not using my normal language.

Nick
September 13th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I planned to stay neutral. But these comments from the staffs forced me to vote... take that!

Cryptonic
September 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Lol Ambient deleted a lot (all?) of reports about 16 months ago in error. So, there have been a lot more reports than you think.

Raptorblaze
September 13th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Not to beat a dead horse here, but we have tried to offer solution after solution, which doesn't seem to work for you. Signup to help. The offer is there.

all he really has to do at this point is accept the skype contact request i sent....

kyle1234513
September 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Lol Ambient deleted a lot (all?) of reports about 16 months ago in error. So, there have been a lot more reports than you think.

what i see on my end is completely different than the information that is circled around in mod chat and never explicitly told to regular folk like me. how can you expect me to trust any of you, or what you say.

more stickies, and more "announcement" threads of this type of information would satisfy me.

Raptorblaze
September 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
what i see on my end is completely different than the information that is circled around in mod chat and never explicitly told to regular folk like me. how can you expect me to trust any of you, or what you say.

more stickies, and more "announcement" threads of this type of information would satisfy me.

Cryptonic has never been in mod chat. He knew that just by being around the forums.

Cryptonic
September 13th, 2013, 07:46 AM

16 months ago, I was also just a regular user. I know about the situation because my report was deleted, and Ambient explained the situation when I asked about it.

Edit: Also, not all moderators do reports, so your math is wrong. You're saying that Greens & Oranges do reports, but it's actually just Oranges (and greens with Orange badge). If the name doesn't appear under the Reports section, they don't do reports. So, idk where you getting 20 moderators from lol.

oops_ur_dead
September 13th, 2013, 05:10 PM

Because "regular folks" like you don't care about this information. We aren't going to post shittons of threads about everything we do just so you can appease your superiority complex.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2013, 05:16 PM
kyle is getting an inside look at how we do things in the staff, keeper section. So...Lets just leave it for the time being ya?

creedkingsx
September 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I will leave it in the staff chat. :)

Yayap
September 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Voting 2 for the same reasons that I left staff and haven't rejoined staff. Some of you know why, most of you do not and I'll leave it at that.

creedkingsx
September 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Voting 2 for the same reasons that I left staff and haven't rejoined staff. Some of you know why, most of you do not and I'll leave it at that.

<3 yayap

Lazers
September 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I've seen worse

Helz
October 7th, 2013, 04:09 AM
I would like to hear from Kyle again now that he has an understanding of how player moderation works..

louiswill
October 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I would vote 5 if it was before,

because everything is functioning, the site is coherent at least on the surface.

but considering the effort of growing community, I take down 2 points for the room of development.

The staff here definitely has more potentials, agree?

Apocist
October 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Wow..DR voted 1 as well... Still curious what he thinks about the state of the current staff. Being the direct leader and all gives everyone else more of an idea of what direction he wants things to head to.

Helz
October 8th, 2013, 05:21 AM
I still maintain a solid 4 because of the amount of time and effort the staff puts into this game and community while not getting paid. They make sacrifices in their lives for us even when they get shit on for it. I have a lot of respect of the amount of restraint and dedication it takes to do that without loosing your composure. For the most part I hear a lot of pointing out problems without very much working for a solution.
If the staff were really doing such an awful job this community would have fallen apart a long time ago.

Raptorblaze
October 8th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I still maintain a solid 4 because of the amount of time and effort the staff puts into this game and community while not getting paid. They make sacrifices in their lives for us even when they get shit on for it. I have a lot of respect of the amount of restraint and dedication it takes to do that without loosing your composure. For the most part I hear a lot of pointing out problems without very much working for a solution.
If the staff were really doing such an awful job this community would have fallen apart a long time ago.

We mostly blow off steam in conversation with eachother as opposed to directing it at the community, same way most people who work with the public do.

Rev and lix don't interact with the regular staff most of the time, just blues and me.

madbird20
October 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I give the staff a 4, simply because I love reading how they deal with reports XD Okay, not just that(But it is often REALLY funny to see what people post in those threads) .

I personally have had no negative interactions with the staff, and while there is occasionally a lack of professionalism (Mostly seen when dealing with idiots) they have done a superb job thus-far on both the game and the site and I salute anyone who freely give their time to make something better<3

Crimson
October 8th, 2013, 11:48 PM
People are just gonna vote 1 just cuz' ya dummy.

Raptorblaze
October 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM
People are just gonna vote 1 just cuz' ya dummy.

11 of the 17 people who voted 1 were smurfs of someone we banned. I keep removing their votes but it keeps re-counting them for some reason.

kyle1234513
October 9th, 2013, 09:50 AM
ive made my decision.

as of now i rate the staff a 4/5. after learning all the stuff that they do, and who does what, i can see that everything is well organized, and the processes they do are sound, everything is nice and tidy and where things are is overall good. not perfect, but still good. the reason i say not perfect is because some staff are sometimes unprofessional when talking about staff things (trying to be gentle with this and word it not so harsh)

that rating is just for the staff and what they do. my rating for the website as a whole is a 2.5 or a 3 (pushing 3). in order to raise this number the only thing i can recommend is that all staff actions be publicized and all areas that are otherwise for moderators only, instead be made public and posting restricted to moderators. i want a more open relationship between staff and common users, because as of now it feels like you are either staff, or you are.... "un included" i also feel that users should not have to go to the top to ask a question (ask raptorblaze), but instead users should be able to look themselves and find out what is wrong.

looking at everything as a whole my opinion is that the people with power are right where they should be, just as needed, but it seems like common users dont have enough say or power in anything, there are too many restrictions as to what they can and can not do. when i was a common user it felt like i could only do 4 things, troll in CJ, seriously talk about mafia in MD(where there are hardly any threads to talk about), report players that i encounter in game, or socialize in GD. those 4 things just seem to lack and make the website less than what it could be.

when i was made keeper i had access to so much more information and the website as a whole became much better than it currently was to me, i could read whats currently happening in R&D, i could see what other moderators were doing, i had instant access to talk to a moderator with skype, i could see who gamethrew more quickly, i could be up to date on who is a bank hacker and who isnt, access to on hold reports and ignored reports, i could actually see what was going on as opposed to "was that person reported or should i report him (same game scenario, wasting time or not wasting time), these types of things are what i like to know and are relatively important to me, which is why i want all of these moderator actions to be public information, even if they cant post, they still have a right to know and question why we do certain things. common users should not be kept in the dark.

Raptorblaze
October 9th, 2013, 10:49 AM
ive made my decision.

as of now i rate the staff a 4/5. after learning all the stuff that they do, and who does what, i can see that everything is well organized, and the processes they do are sound, everything is nice and tidy and where things are is overall good. not perfect, but still good. the reason i say not perfect is because some staff are sometimes unprofessional when talking about staff things (trying to be gentle with this and word it not so harsh)

that rating is just for the staff and what they do. my rating for the website as a whole is a 2.5 or a 3 (pushing 3). in order to raise this number the only thing i can recommend is that all staff actions be publicized and all areas that are otherwise for moderators only, instead be made public and posting restricted to moderators. i want a more open relationship between staff and common users, because as of now it feels like you are either staff, or you are.... "un included" i also feel that users should not have to go to the top to ask a question (ask raptorblaze), but instead users should be able to look themselves and find out what is wrong.

looking at everything as a whole my opinion is that the people with power are right where they should be, just as needed, but it seems like common users dont have enough say or power in anything, there are too many restrictions as to what they can and can not do. when i was a common user it felt like i could only do 4 things, troll in CJ, seriously talk about mafia in MD(where there are hardly any threads to talk about), report players that i encounter in game, or socialize in GD. those 4 things just seem to lack and make the website less than what it could be.

when i was made keeper i had access to so much more information and the website as a whole became much better than it currently was to me, i could read whats currently happening in R&D, i could see what other moderators were doing, i had instant access to talk to a moderator with skype, i could see who gamethrew more quickly, i could be up to date on who is a bank hacker and who isnt, access to on hold reports and ignored reports, i could actually see what was going on as opposed to "was that person reported or should i report him (same game scenario, wasting time or not wasting time), these types of things are what i like to know and are relatively important to me, which is why i want all of these moderator actions to be public information, even if they cant post, they still have a right to know and question why we do certain things. common users should not be kept in the dark.

One of the subforums you gained access to is specifically NOT public because it's where hacking reports get sorted into. The reasoning is that they usually include discussions of HOW they hacked the game and we don't want to spread that information on our website. So I'm going to specifically disagree there.

There is also a high council discussion above normal staff which is private to high council because it usually involves open and honest discussions of various people's opinions of one-another and of the regular staff. These are not always positive. The same with management chat except there it is in regard to regular users or one another. These areas are private in order to facilitate open and honest discussion among staff members without worrying about PR issues. I'm not going to change my stance on those. We also hide certain discussions of potential changes so that we can cancel them if they turn out to be not feasible without disappointing people. Things get announced when we're sure they positive and/or possible.

Unconfirmed reports are kept private to prevent knee-jerk reactions. If possible I'd hide listings until the moment they became active, but that just isn't feasible. We've had a couple incidents where people realized they were being kickvote listed or tempbanned and IMMEDIATELY went on a spree of gamethrows. One guy did it just because he got one report approved and found out about it.

R&D was added purely a donor perk. If you really want access either donate or talk us into hiring.

Most of this is basic security or basic PR protocol, it's not like we do anything out of the ordinary.

Gyver
October 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I think non-staff should be allowed to search the punished and watchlist sections by ID or account name. If someone acted suspicious in game, I do a quick search on those forums to see if its worth going through the replay to see if they were cheating.

Similarly, when people claim they never cheated at the start of a game. I can do a quick search and tell and the rest of the players exactly how they cheated.

I think there should be a section for ignored reports for bank hacking so a person that sees a suspicious bank can check there first.

Seriously, being able to search the reports section is my favorite keeper ability.

Raptorblaze
October 9th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I think non-staff should be allowed to search the punished and watchlist sections by ID or account name. If someone acted suspicious in game, I do a quick search on those forums to see if its worth going through the replay to see if they were cheating.

Similarly, when people claim they never cheated at the start of a game. I can do a quick search and tell and the rest of the players exactly how they cheated.

I think there should be a section for ignored reports for bank hacking so a person that sees a suspicious bank can check there first.

Seriously, being able to search the reports section is my favorite keeper ability.

Those sections I can see unlocking, I have no issues with people being able to search completed reports. I'll look into it once I finish my current project. Though ignored are generally ignored BECAUSE they were found to have no credibility, otherwise we put them on-hold.

ika
October 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I wish you could make it that when people file reports they can see the verdict on it, i have filed sevreal and used to be able to see them (when i was keeper) but now i dunno what happened to them, i could alwyas ask but i would find it more of a hassle to do so, i remmebr back then it would be approved and i could see verdicits as a member, i do miss those times

Gyver
October 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I believe that only happens when threads are merged.

ika
October 9th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I believe that only happens when threads are merged.

thats probally why all my reports go missing.....

it would be nice though if that does happen is have a way of knowing or still seeing what happened to them instead of waitng for it to come out.

Raptorblaze
October 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM
thats probally why all my reports go missing.....

it would be nice though if that does happen is have a way of knowing or still seeing what happened to them instead of waitng for it to come out.

Well you should still be able to see them if they left a redirect when merging or moving the thread (maybe not access the thread, but at least see the prefix it was tagged with such as accepted or ignored)

I can remind the keepers to leave temporary redirects, we used to only delete them when the warden processed the accepted reports.

As for merges, there's really nothing we can do to maintain visibility of the thread unfortunately. That setting is not friendly.

ika
October 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
That works, I would like to at least know if they were approved or ignored. The last few just vanished without any redirect. If they are merged that's fine. It just sad for me to not be able to see them like I once used to

MeltingPaper
October 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
People r so rude and unfriendly!! i feel unwelcomed

Raptorblaze
October 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM

I cannot control people's personal opinions of you MeltingPaper.

Helz
October 9th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Well welcome to the site paper. I hope you find some friends here and stick around long enough to change your initial impression.

I agree with pushing for no transparency. I feel that a lot of the issues players have is because of their perception of things not getting done and lack of information.

I would also like to suggest either a section on the forum for people to connect and play other games or a place in user profiles to post steam/xbox/ps3 ID's. This would work tword players feeling like they were more of a part of the community and make the forum more active.

To be blunt for 99% of our user base 5$ is nothing. If you really care about the game and want to see more behind the curtain its easy. If you don't want to spend the money there is a v.i.p program for active players. There is no reason in my mind to ever make r&d public and plenty stated by raptor to keep it how it is.

Fuuton
December 3rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hello. friendly fuuton here.

If you want opinions based on staff, then perhaps staff should spent less time posting in this topic and actually let the people talk. Listening goes a long way...

I rate staff individually...for example, I give DAMUS, MUGY AND IKA a 1. I give elixir a 5. I'd give raptor blaze a 3.

ika
December 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
I rate staff individually...for example, I give IKA a 1.

you know im not staff right?

Fuuton
December 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
you know im not staff right?

Whatever,you do stuff in the forum which still makes you staffish. Starfish. dannng im good.

Cryptonic
December 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM

If you want opinions based on staff, then perhaps staff should spent less time posting in this topic and actually let the people talk. Listening goes a long way...

I rate staff individually...for example, I give DAMUS, MUGY AND IKA a 1. I give elixir a 5. I'd give raptor blaze a 3.

what about me, i need validation

Raptorblaze
December 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM

Considering it's my job to be the bad guy in order to get things done and keep things moving, I'm happy with that.

Slaol
December 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM

Totes Slaol as well. Gimme dat -1 rating.

Fuuton
December 3rd, 2013, 10:17 PM

I actually have no idea who you are..but at least you show some motivation. Therefore I will do a performance review of you soon.

Fuuton
December 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Considering it's my job to be the bad guy in order to get things done and keep things moving, I'm happy with that.

Pls- If I was in your position I'd have this forum cleaned up and troll-proof in no time. Last time I checked you were not Betty's champion...hmm.

Orpz
December 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
I actually have no idea who you are..but at least you show some motivation. Therefore I will do a performance review of you soon.

PLZ RAPTE ME TOO

ika
December 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Whatever,you do stuff in the forum which still makes you staffish. Starfish. dannng im good.

keep failing im am not staff in any way right now

Fuuton
December 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
keep failing im am not staff in any way right now

With your track record I'm not suprised...no offense

Fuuton
December 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
PLZ RAPTE ME TOO

Is that RATE OR RAPE? Either way I'm happy for either.

Slaol
December 3rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
I demand a rating.

louiswill
December 3rd, 2013, 11:45 PM
So this is just a general general general general general general general general general opinion?

Raptorblaze
December 4th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Pls- If I was in your position I'd have this forum cleaned up and troll-proof in no time. Last time I checked you were not Betty's champion...hmm.

The only way to trollproof a forum about MAFIA is to ban everyone, yourself included. Then you'd have no community.

Also most of what you've yelled at me for is stuff other people are responsible for lol... I just help out to speed things along in stuff like reports when emergencies arise.

Fuuton
December 4th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I demand a rating.

You'll have to wait until the next update, I am very busy and we here at Sc2mafia are very hardworking.

The only way to trollproof a forum about MAFIA is to ban everyone, yourself included. Then you'd have no community.

Also most of what you've yelled at me for is stuff other people are responsible for lol... I just help out to speed things along in stuff like reports when emergencies arise.

Pls, you and the staff have the biggest vendetta against me. Comspiring...is hardly the word.

Raptorblaze
December 4th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Spammed so badly the game couldn't start- some people lagged so hard that they dropped.

Once again.....where is the justice?

Replay is <1 minute therefore no need for format.

Dudeman and sinandshoes usual spamming- make it impossible for anyone to start the game. They kept repicking the whole time.

Game threw from day 1 and spammed the crap out of everyone.

USSDESTROYER

Couldn't even finish the game- he lagged everyone out on purpose.

He also abused his name with some symbol that was so long it was even on the day screen.

Please check replay.

Spams with necroplant entire game at the beginning and leaves when we type -kick

SAme with Xtrivia

These are all CAYLARAS friends.

The list just goes on & on.

Also Ness is point hacking- My ass almost 30k points and half the wins and achievements.

Watch them all GRIEF adn game throw trying ot kill me.

Game name: Melinda
Actual name: Fuuton

Crime commiter: Gohma

Obvious skyping from day 1. Eventually he ruins game by suiciding as DH. Also kept changing targets when I tried to sanitize.

gg.

Over 20k points, 300 victories. I have WAY more achievements, and WAY more wins. Yet he has almost 7k more points.

Replay+ss attached.

Posted in reverse order. The top one is the newest, bottom is the oldest. Your SECOND (the gohma one) report you were asked to follow the format and I provided a link, and you responded with:

I am aware of this and I know it's slightly lazy..but these are taking too long and it's becoming frustrating not beign able to have a decent game in days.

So basically, you're so incredibly lazy that you can't take the five seconds you'd have to spend pulling information from a replay of a game you were JUST in to save us hours of processing time, but it's us who are pushing a vendetta against you when the only punishment you've received is being banned from reports and called an idiot. Got it.

Anyone following the links can also confirm you never included the ID in the titles either.

Cryptonic
December 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Just ignore his reports until he learns.
If he wants punishment to happen (obviously he does, or he wouldn't be reporting), then he will fill it out correctly lol.

I mean, every single person takes the time to fill it out, unless it's their first report. But I feel as if he doesn't follow the format because you guys will do it anyways lol.

Raptorblaze
December 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Just ignore his reports until he learns.
If he wants punishment to happen (obviously he does, or he wouldn't be reporting), then he will fill it out correctly lol.

He's banned from reports for a few days. I'm debating ever giving him access again since he refuses to acknowledge what he's doing wrong.

kyle1234513
December 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
my 2cents here is that a whole report from the second the game ends till i click post new thread, is 1min 30seconds ~2mins.

ive reported enough people to have the process on lockdown and that includes, saving the replay with an easy to find name, alt tabing to desktop, opening internet, sc2mafia.com, click player reports, click post new thread, open a new tab, go to sc2mafia.com again, go to player reports to copy and paste the blank fill in, type the ID and game summary, and then attach the replay. i save my replay in a consistent manor which makes searching for the replay as easy as cake.

submit new thread. done in less than 2mins.

i can understand if you are new to reports and have no idea what to click on, or where to search for things, but the instructions we give are super easy to follow and even if you have to alt tab for every single step, thats still just 7 or 8 minutes at the most to do your first report.

Fuuton
December 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Raptorblaze, I am tempted to remove you from this section if you're going to post irrelevant information.

Cryptonic, your rating just went down. FYI.

Cryptonic
December 4th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Raptorblaze, I am tempted to remove you from this section if you're going to post irrelevant information.

Cryptonic, your rating just went down. FYI.

I haven't been rated, how can it go down?

Anyways, who gets butthurt when someone says you should do something correctly lol

Orpz
December 4th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Fuuton, where's my rapting? I was promised one.

Elixir
December 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Following the report guideline at the top of the forum isn't hard bro ;/

Makes it a lot faster for our reports dudes to do their job and gets nigs banned faster

oops_ur_dead
December 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM
pls rate me

Fuuton
December 4th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I haven't been rated, how can it go down?

Anyways, who gets butthurt when someone says you should do something correctly lol

You sound mad, you were a 4, but now you're a 2.

oops_ur_dead is dead, so out of sympathy he gets a 4. I have no idea what he does but he seems like a cool guy and has not afraid of being anything OK?

Fuuton
December 4th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Fuuton, where's my rapting? I was promised one.

Top staff is elixir at 5.

Orpz
December 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM
thx

ill make sure that i dont ban u

louiswill
December 5th, 2013, 12:03 AM
My top staffs are deantwo and slaol.

THEjohnGALT
December 5th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Obviously Fuuton is tired filing reports that take forever to process. Only two staff have done any reports in the past month.

Fuuton
December 5th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Obviously Fuuton is tired filing reports that take forever to process. Only two staff have done any reports in the past month.

+1.

This is probably the first time I've written a non-troll post without intentionally pissing off Raptorblaze or IKA or MUGY or just trolling them in general.

Raptorblaze
December 5th, 2013, 06:41 AM
+1.

This is probably the first time I've written a non-troll post without intentionally pissing off Raptorblaze or IKA or MUGY or just trolling them in general.

Actually we've just been laughing at how stupid you are most of the time. So.. the kind of troll I enjoy. Other people are pming me asking me to ban you though haha.

Cryptonic
December 5th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Ppl are PMing you asking for Bans? >_> the guy doesn't do anything wrong other than slapping his national educational system in the face.

yes ppl stop doing reports once they get mod powers lol

Fuuton
December 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Actually we've just been laughing at how stupid you are most of the time. So.. the kind of troll I enjoy. Other people are pming me asking me to ban you though haha.

Do you honestly believe that I pm you with serious shit? ever? I'd say you've been trolled well. Furthermore, you are corrupt and a joke. Do you REALLY think I give a fuck about the reports section?? Use your damn head for once instead of trying to play the "I'm so just" role. ROFL.

Come on Raptor, who are you kidding? Seriously.

It must be heartbreaking I don't suck up to you.

Edit: Yes I'm aware IKA constantly messages you about me- that's because has nothing better to do and he's mad at me for targetting him lel

Cryptonic
December 5th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Do you honestly believe that I pm you with serious shit? ever? I'd say you've been trolled well. Furthermore, you are corrupt and a joke. Do you REALLY think I give a fuck about the reports section?? Use your damn head for once instead of trying to play the "I'm so just" role. ROFL.

It's obvious you give a fuck because all you do is bitch about cheaters and how bad the reporting section is.
so lol @ u

Fuuton
December 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM
It's obvious you give a fuck because all you do is bitch about cheaters and how bad the reporting section is.
so lol @ u

Oh well, isn't that a sentence of utter irony. But thanks for stating the obvious about the section and how good of a job your people do

Raptorblaze
December 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM

Come on Raptor, who are you kidding? Seriously.

It must be heartbreaking I don't suck up to you.

Edit: Yes I'm aware IKA constantly messages you about me- that's because has nothing better to do and he's mad at me for targetting him lel

Wasn't ika

Cryptonic
December 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Oh well, isn't that a sentence of utter irony. But thanks for stating the obvious about the section and how good of a job your people do

YOUR people? what do you mean MY people....?
Is this a personal attack because I'm black....?
You disgust me.

Damus_Graves
December 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Can I haz rapting?

st.rage
December 6th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Can I haz rapting?

Not sure if you accidentally inserted a "t" or a "p" (the forum is RATE the staff)

louiswill
December 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Not sure if you accidentally inserted a "t" or a "p" (the forum is RATE the staff)

Damus does everything intentionally. It is no accident.

You should understand it both ways.

Or:

Raptorblaze

Raptor

Rapt-or

rapt (v.)

Fuuton
December 7th, 2013, 01:49 AM

TL;DR...#@% troll

Elixir
December 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Dunno why raptor gets so much hate. He's like the morello of sc2mafia.

ika
December 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Dunno why raptor gets so much hate. He's like the morello of sc2mafia.

becasue people dont understand how cool he can really be. when you just see him around and dont really know what he does behind the scences you normaly generalize it to something stupid

Fuuton
December 18th, 2013, 06:16 AM
so many fake staff here like mugy, damus etc etc.