PDA

View Full Version : Update to Signature Permissions

Raptorblaze
August 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Change list:

Registered Users & VIP-
[img] tag disabled.
[video] tag disabled.

To use images, you now must upload them via the signature image dialogue (located immediately beneath the text box in the signature settings area). This will properly control the size of images used in your signatures. If problems persist this restriction will be extended to VIPs and Donors.

Arch Eskimo
August 15th, 2013, 03:29 PM
>_> infract me, and then make a rule about it.

Raptorblaze
August 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
>_> infract me, and then make a rule about it.

I didn't make a rule, I changed your usergroup's settings to prevent it outright. I've been trying to find the place to do it for awhile. Besides if you didn't realize an image that huge would be an issue then you have problems.

Apocist
August 15th, 2013, 06:32 PM
So this means we can't use .php links a images now?

Orpz
August 15th, 2013, 06:46 PM
testing

edit: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Raptorblaze
August 15th, 2013, 06:53 PM
So this means we can't use .php links a images now?

Precisely. Kinda. The change only affects registered users and VIP, donors and anyone with a miscellaneous usergroup shouldn't notice a change.

@Orpz Blame eskimo for ruining it for everyone.

Apocist
August 15th, 2013, 06:54 PM
http://hikaritemple.com/sig/aposig.php

Apocist
August 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Still works fine for me..good. It's a cached image but it means it will work in the end

Raptorblaze
August 15th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Still works fine for me..good. It's a cached image but it means it will work in the end

I was editing my post with better info. The change only affects images in your SIGNATURE. It also does not affect donors.

Admiral
August 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM
I think I am banned from having a signature because I cannot find the option to edit mine. Do you automatically lose signature privileges when you lose reputation privileges, or did I do something else to lose my signature?

Edit: I think it was possibly for hiding auto-playing videos in my signature. That sounds about right actually.

Raptorblaze
August 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I think I am banned from having a signature because I cannot find the option to edit mine. Do you automatically lose signature privileges when you lose reputation privileges, or did I do something else to lose my signature?

Edit: I think it was possibly for hiding auto-playing videos in my signature. That sounds about right actually.

Yep.

Gingerape
August 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Test~

Raptorblaze
August 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Test~

You're technically a donor so it doesn't affect you. That will change if you get obnoxious with it though.

Arch Eskimo
August 16th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Precisely. Kinda. The change only affects registered users and VIP, donors and anyone with a miscellaneous usergroup shouldn't notice a change.

@Orpz Blame eskimo for ruining it for everyone.

Sorry Orpz :(

Titus
August 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I cannot find this button, nor can I find the button for a text box. :(

Deantwo
August 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Test?

EDIT: Ah wasn't sure if it meant me too. ^^;

Raptorblaze
August 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I cannot find this button, nor can I find the button for a text box. :(

It was disabled apparently, I've enabled it.

Test?

EDIT: Ah wasn't sure if it meant me too. ^^;

How many times do I have to say this only affects the Registered Users and VIP usergroups :| If your name is not locked to being white, you aren't affected.

Helz
August 18th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Donate. It doesn't take much..

Raptorblaze
August 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Donate. It doesn't take much..

If it gets abused by donors then I'll restrict it further, but I mostly just wanted to make sure pubs couldn't do it anymore.

Titus
August 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
It's working now. It was quite the surprise. I thought I did something wrong.

Raptorblaze
August 18th, 2013, 09:36 AM
It's working now. It was quite the surprise. I thought I did something wrong.

Good :D