PDA

View Full Version : Windows phone support

Helz
August 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM
This is thread may need to get moved. I'm not quite sure if it is in the right place.

I am on a Nokia Lumina 920 right now and am experiencing a bug when attempting to write the body of a thread, the body of a comment, a quick reply, or a pm. Rep comments and titles do not have this problem.
Basically when I click to type in the body my keyboard pops up and immediately drops back down. If you are really fast you can type 1 letter. I have found that if you manage to hit paste in this small window of time the keyboard locks open.

I will also note that I tried this on my coworkers Nokia 920 and had the same issue leading me to believe that the problem is not local to my phone but probably an issue with all windows phones. Any trouble shooting would be appreciated and I will try anything if you need more tests.

Raptorblaze
August 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Recommend converting to android.

Mugy
August 11th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Have you tried a different browser?(this is assuming windows phone has 3rd party browsers with its small app ecosystem)

Duzero
August 12th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Have you tried a different browser?(this is assuming windows phone has 3rd party browsers with its small app ecosystem)

Yeah, first step: Never use IE lol.

If that fails then change to Android. ^.^

SuperJack
August 12th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Dear ThinkLiveLife.

Same has happened to me, and it was ignored aswell. Its the Windows phone softwere.

Normally an App would fix this on Android or Iphone, but windows doesn't have this App yet.

Basically, there is nothing the people here can do about it, so you can't use your windows phone. (Unless an App is made to pass this glitch)

Mugy
August 12th, 2013, 01:27 AM
You guys should use an app called tapatalk, it formats forums in a smartphone-friendly way. Ypmagic suggested it a while back.

SuperJack
August 12th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Only recently been added to the store. Its under £3 to buy but it works.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

SuperJack
August 12th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Don't know why phones just cant work on these forums. Perhaps An explanation can be given to why they don't work, then links to the solution somewhere like the Q&A ot something.

SuperJack
August 12th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Site tutorial section on how to use mobile phone on The forum?

Duzero
August 12th, 2013, 02:34 AM
It doesn't seem like the edit function works with your app Jack =)

Helz
August 12th, 2013, 03:51 AM
If your fast and hit paste you can glich your way into making it work.

rgr that super jack. Thanks for the info guys