PDA

View Full Version : userscript for this forum...

Sen
July 30th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Title.

It adds a menu with a list of users.
http://i.imgur.com/SZ4Xxzm.png
http://i.imgur.com/LUU1VMt.png

Then you can select an user and it will only display the posts by that person.
http://i.imgur.com/rhTaxVC.png

The All option restores it, so it displays posts by everyone.
The Other option is for people not listed in the menu (this happens with non-standard user groups like Bunny or those anonymous accounts from the Castle Varen MFM).

I made it so it's easier for me to analyze a single player, but thought about sharing it.

http://pastie.org/8190057

1) Copy the entire content of that file and save it as WHATEVER.user.js

2) Firefox users: Install Greasemonkey, then drag and drop the file into the browser.
Chrome users: Open chrome://extensions in your browser and drag and drop the file there.
Other: Get a decent browser.

PS. Screw BBcode.

ika
July 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM
i wonder if opps can just intragrate it into the site itself

edit: this is not working

Sen
July 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
edit: this is not working

What's not working? It works perfectly fine on my side.

ika
July 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
i tried to add it into my crome extensions and it would just show up with it then and not be added to extentions.

Sen
July 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
That's weird.
I'm using version 28.0.1500.72 m.
Not sure if you have to configure some settings for it to allow you to install it. Chrome is pretty annoying in that aspec.

Apocist
July 31st, 2013, 06:30 PM
Installed; Works great

Just make sure it has .user.js as the end

ika
August 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
think you can make a vid or something on how to put it on crome i tried saving it liek that but whne i try to put it in it just opens it up in a link type setting? do i have to save it to a word document or something?

Banshis
August 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Yea I am having trouble figuring this out too.

Apocist
August 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM
Ok, this is what i did for chrome...umm...I use Avant Browser so it is kinda all the browsers in one so bear with me...

-Went to Tools -> Google Chrome -> Options
-Clicked extensions on the left hand side
-Just to make sure it works, i checked the box named "Developer Tools"(more options appear)
-I recommend making sure the browser is not maximized. With the folder containing mafiaScript.user.js open, click and drag the file over to the browser and release it on the extensions page.
-The browser should request a confirmation to install the script.
-??????
-PROFIT

Banshis
August 1st, 2013, 07:44 PM
It worked. Thanks!

ika
August 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM
Ok, this is what i did for chrome...umm...I use Avant Browser so it is kinda all the browsers in one so bear with me...

-Went to Tools -> Google Chrome -> Options
-Clicked extensions on the left hand side
-Just to make sure it works, i checked the box named "Developer Tools"(more options appear)
-I recommend making sure the browser is not maximized. With the folder containing mafiaScript.user.js open, click and drag the file over to the browser and release it on the extensions page.
-The browser should request a confirmation to install the script.
-??????
-PROFIT

i tried opening it and i get this

when i drag it in it just shows the way it got there on crome.

i only gat a file i dont get an entire folder am i still doign something wrong? am i suppose to copy the code and not download it?

Banshis
August 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM
i tried opening it and i get this

when i drag it in it just shows the way it got there on crome.

i only gat a file i dont get an entire folder am i still doign something wrong? am i suppose to copy the code and not download it?

Just drag the file wherever it downloaded to into the extensions. Don't try to open the file like I tried.

ika
August 1st, 2013, 08:03 PM
then i get this i boxed the file as well if it helps

Banshis
August 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM
then i get this i boxed the file as well if it helps

Name it mafiaScript.user

Don't add another .js to the end. It defaults and ends up being mafiascript.user.js.js

ika
August 1st, 2013, 08:07 PM
GOT IT!

Banshis
August 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM
GOT IT!

Yea it ended up being the js.js that got me.

ika
August 1st, 2013, 08:10 PM
Yea it ended up being the js.js that got me.

well what i had to do was add a js to it after downloading it so it would take it. this would also benifits host/fm mods to decide if anyone "lurked" i know i will be using it to decide if someon lurked a game from now on

Banshis
August 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
well what i had to do was add a js to it after downloading it so it would take it. this would also benifits host/fm mods to decide if anyone "lurked" i know i will be using it to decide if someon lurked a game from now on

I find it really helpful on collecting quotes :P Makes mass quoting a lot easier.

CarolinaCrown
August 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
Sen this is awesome, thanks!

Sen
August 1st, 2013, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you people like it. (:

Also, nice to know it works properly, I was wondering why the hell it was't working for some of you. If it ends up as WHATEVER.user.js.js, just remove one of the ".js" parts.

Apocist
August 2nd, 2013, 04:13 AM
Yeah, common users have file extensions hidden by default.