PDA

View Full Version : S-FM: Workplace (New)

RLVG
July 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
S-FM :
Workplace

Setup :

Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

Neutral Benign / Neutral Evil
Neutral Killer
Godfather
Mafia

Roles & Alignments :

Worker
Survivor
Witch
- - - - -
Investigator
Consigliere
Executioner
- - - - -
Vigilante
Godfather
Jester
- - - - -
Jailor
Kidnapper
Joker
- - - - -
Journalist
Corrupt Journalist
News Broadcast
- - - - -
Bodyguard
Blackmailer
Electromaniac
- - - - -
Bus Driver
Taxi Driver
Arsonist
- - - - -
Doctor
Drug Dealer
Drug Dealer

Role Descriptions & Abilities :

Worker
- Has no night action

Investigator
- Night Action: Target one at night to see their role alignments.

Journalist
- Day Action: Target one at day. When the day ends, the target will be interviewed.
(The interview can be cancelled by target.) The interview is automatically cancelled when targeting a jailed target, notified later into the night.

- Day Action 2: Once the Journalist has received the Interview, he may read it and decide to keep or remove it. Automatic keep if no decision.

- The Interview will be published 6 hours into the day when neither the Target or Journalist is killed.

Vigilante
- Night Action: Target one at night to attack them. The Vigilante has two bullets.

- Can shoot during all nights including the first.

Bodyguard
- Night Action: Target one each night to protect them.

- Protect: If target is attacked, both you and the attacker will die. Bodyguard can't be healed during a sucessfull protect, attacker can be. Pierces immunity.

Jailor
- Day Action: Target one at day. When the day ends without lynch, the target will be jailed.

- Jailor can execute the jailed victim, one charge.

- If the Jailor is witched to visit his target, he'll execute. Charge consumed.

- If both Jailor and Kidnapper jails same target, victim receives two different night chats.

- Non-Jailing Roles: Targeting the Victim will cause your night action to fail, charges used. Only exception is Investigator / Consigliere / Joker.

Bus Driver
- Night Action: Target two at night to switch their positions. Can target self.

- Target is notified of being driven by a vehicle.

Doctor
- Night Action: Target one each night to heal them from a single attack.

- Doctor is notified of attack, target is notified of Attack & Heal.

Survivor
- Night Action: Protect yourself from attacks, limited of three times.

- Protect: Immune to all attacks except of being burned. Can still be charged and doused.

Consigliere
- Night Action: Target one at night to see their role alignments.

Godfather
- Night Action: Target one each night to kill them. He's also immune to attacks..

Kidnapper
- Day Action: Target one at day, When the day ends without lynch, the target becomes jailed.

- Jail: Target is perfectly roleblocked and protected.

- If both Jailor and Kidnapper jails same target, victim receives two different night chats.

- Can't jail Godfather.

- Non-Jailing Roles: Targeting the Victim will cause your night action to fail, charges used. Only exception is Investigator / Consigliere / Joker.

Corrupt Journalist
- Day Action: Target one at day. When the day ends, the target will be interviewed.
(The interview can be cancelled by target.) The interview is automatically cancelled when targeting a jailed target, notified later into the night.

- Day Action 2: Once the Journalist has received the Interview, he may read / edit it, and decide to keep or remove it. Automatic keep if no decision.

- The Interview will be published 6 hours into the day when neither the Target or Journalist is killed.

- The Corrupt Journalist is not allowed to edit the interview as a way to hint or tell about his own identity. E.G "I'm X and I published this article."

Blackmailer
- Night Action: Target one at night, giving them a blackmail message with a command. Limited to 2 times.

- Command: The blackmail will cause the Target to either lie in the day chat, do as told or keep information away.

- Command Fail: If the victim doesn't fullfill the Command, the Victim will suicide. Going against the blackmail or claiming, counts as a Command Fail.

- Mafia can't be Blackmailed.

Taxi Driver
- Night Action: Target two at night to switch their positions. Can target self.

- Target is notified of being driven by a vehicle.

Drug Dealer
- Night Action: Target one at night to give them a single feedback of choice.
"Attack & Healed", "Doused", "Driven", "Witched", "Charged".)

Neutral Benign :

Executioner
- The Executioner is immune to attacks as long the target lives. Wins when target is lynched.

- Jester Convert: If the target dies other than being lynched, Executioner becomes a Jester.

- The Executioner receives a random target, can be anyone but himself.

Jester
- Jester doesn't have a Night Action, but wins when Lynched. Loses when dead other than lynch.

- When lynched, a random guilty voter will suicide. Ignores healing.

News Broadcast
- Night Action: The News Broadcast can make his own Article, published at 6 hours into the day.

- The News Broadcast is not allowed to make his article as a way to hint or tell about his own identity. E.G "I'm X and I published this article."

Neutral Evil :

Witch
- Night Action: Target one each night to force them to target another. Target is notified of witching.

- Bus Driver's are immune and won't receive feedback.

- The Witch can cause target to visit itself or the Witch.

Drug Dealer
- Night Action: Target one at night to give them a single feedback of choice.
"Attack & Healed", "Doused", "Driven", "Witched", "Charged".)

Neutral Killing Special :
- Immune to attacks.

Joker
- Night Action: Target one each night to add a Bounty on the target. Bounty won't be added if target dies.

- Bounty: Announced, there's a bounty on the target. If he doesn't die in 2 nights from when bounty was announced, 2 others of choice will be killed instead with immunity and healing ignored. (Not the one with bounty)

- In a situation of a Witch, the Joker's first target will be affected.

- There can only be one bounty at a time.

Electromaniac
- Night Action: Target one each night to Charge them. May re-target someone charged to kill them.

- Charge: If one charged meets another charged, both of them will become attacked. Attack can be healed and protected from.

- Target is notified of Charge.

Arsonist
- Night action: Target one each night to douse them. Target is notified of douse

- Night action 2: Target one to undouse, yourself or another.

- Night Action 3: Burn everyone that is doused, completely pierces immunity and healing.

- Can only do one night action at a time.

Order of Operations :

Day End:
- Lynch
- Jailor jails.
- Kidnapper jails.
- Journalists interviews.

Night:
- Joker Bounty
- Survivor vests
- Witching
- Joker kills
- Bus Driver
- Drug Dealing
- Taxi
- Bodyguard
- Arsonist Douse
- Blackmail
- Arsonist Burn
- Electromaniac Charge
- Doctor visits / heals
- Vigilante & Godfather attack
- Jester Convert
- Investigations
- Drug Dealing
- Suicide

Tie Situations :
- 1 Neutral Killer
- 2 Mafia
- 3 Neutral Evil
- 4 Town

Win Conditions
- Town must see the Mafia, Neutral Evil and Neutral Killer lose, at least one town must survive.
- Mafia must see the Town and Neutral Killer lose, at least one mafia must survive.
- Neutral Killer must see the Mafia and Town lose, survive.
- Neutral Evil must see the Town lose, survive.
- News Broadcast must survive with the winning faction.
- Executioner need to get his target lynched in order to win while the Executioner is alive to witness this.
- Jester need to get himself lynched in order to win.

Mechanics :

Promotions and concept of roles :
At the start, everyone is a worker except of the Neutrals and Godfather.
Night 1, 4X promotions will be given. 1X to Mafia, and 3X Town.
Each night after Night 1, a living worker will be promoted to a random PR.
An additional promotion occurs if there's no living PR.

Promotion obviously means, "Worker becomes a random Power Role".

Lynching :
- Cannot lynch Day 1.
- Lynches require majority of living players. 50% of players rounded up.
- When the Target has become Hammered, the victim can still talk.
- The lynch victim is not officialy dead until end of day.
- Can't unvote or vote for another when someone has already been hammered.

Quotes, Last Will & Death Notes.
- You may not quote anything from the PM's made by me.
- You may quote Jail Chat as long the quotes are clean. (Doesn't link to jail chat)
- Last Wills can be made once a night, but will be deleted at start of next night. (to make a new LW)
- When a Kill Action is done, the killer can make a death note as long it does not include names or give hints of self.

Extra:
- If Godfather dies, the remaining Mafia will become the new Godfather.
- A Mafia PR can sacrifice it's ability for the night to kill instead of the Godfather.
- Kills done by Mafia and Vigilante are identical.
- Arsonist burns, Electromaniac electrifies, Jailor executes.
- If a Self-Visit happens, your night action is redirected to self.
--- Example of above : Target to kill (redirect), you were attacked.

Rules :
- You cannot discuss or hint the game outside of the thread or given chat channels.
- Everyone must have made at least three posts a day, and a message at night (if PR) to not be replaced or modkilled.
- The above is "activity", if you have a reason to become inactive - PM me and I may give exceptions.
- Pictures are fully allowed, videos must not be in autoplay and must be in a spoiler that says Video.

Sen
July 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
If Witch and Drug Dealer win with anyone, what prevents them from simply claiming it day 1 and stating that they won't use their abilities at all? "I'm ROLE and won't affect your game. May the best faction win."

About the News Broadcaster, isn't a self-confirming player who wins with anyone essentially the same as what I stated about Witch/Drug Dealer?

Will the promotions be random or there will be a preset list of promotions for each faction?

Does the Vigilante lose bullets even if the target is immune or healed?

Can the blackmailed target give the message at any point during the day?

RLVG
July 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
If Witch and Drug Dealer win with anyone, what prevents them from simply claiming it day 1 and stating that they won't use their abilities at all? "I'm ROLE and won't affect your game. May the best faction win."

About the News Broadcaster, isn't a self-confirming player who wins with anyone essentially the same as what I stated about Witch/Drug Dealer?

Will the promotions be random or there will be a preset list of promotions for each faction?

Does the Vigilante lose bullets even if the target is immune or healed?

Can the blackmailed target give the message at any point during the day?

1. Like a basic Survivor of all games?
- Mafia and Neutral Killer can lie as a neutral benign.
(Edit: Clarified. They have to survive.)

2. I'll change so that the interviewé won't be able to add or hint in their own name.
- That means Corrupt won't be able to edit the article to hint himself in any way, Broadcaster to be able to hint or name himself.

3. Promotions will be random.
- First a random list generator of what Worker get promoted, then a second random list for the role.

4. Yes, though that should be obvious. (It's not like you can retrieve the fired bullets and add it back to the gun...?)

5. It is "Night Action". The victim will receive the message at start of day.
- Which means, any blackmails connected to time should be disallowed.

Sen
July 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
1. Like a basic Survivor of all games?
- Mafia and Neutral Killer can lie as a neutral benign.
(Edit: Clarified. They have to survive.)

2. I'll change so that the interviewé won't be able to add or hint in their own name.
- That means Corrupt won't be able to edit the article to hint himself in any way, Broadcaster to be able to hint or name himself.

3. Promotions will be random.
- First a random list generator of what Worker get promoted, then a second random list for the role.

4. Yes, though that should be obvious. (It's not like you can retrieve the fired bullets and add it back to the gun...?)

5. It is "Night Action". The victim will receive the message at start of day.
- Which means, any blackmails connected to time should be disallowed.

1; Yes, my point is that that couple of neutral roles can confirm themselves, unlike the Survivor. Given that the Town and Mafia roles are given until n1, a Drug Dealer, for example, can use d1 to claim and say that he'll prove it that night by sending X player Y message. That kind of makes those two neutral roles kind of ineffective in the sense that they won't affect gameplay in anyway.

4: Yeah, I agree that it should be obvious, but I've seen setups when a Vigi won't lose bullets when target is immune, for example.

Looks nice so far. The promotions mechanic is rather interesting.

RLVG
July 22nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Would it be more apropriate if I remade Neutral Benign into Neutral Benign / Neutral Evil slot with Witch and Drug Dealer as Evil? Wouldn't be clear if you got a Benign or Evil.

Dangers the Workers and Doctors a lot.

Maybe even the Broadcast.

Sen
July 22nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
If you make a neutral Evil faction, then their win condition should be changed to "Survive until all the town is dead" or similar.
As I see it, the main issue here is having "Win with anyone" mixed with roles which can confirm themselves with night feedback.

I'd force the Drug Dealer to be anti-town. The Witch could either do that or have its feedback removed from the target, making it impossible for the Witch to both confirm itself and convince people that he won't use his ability.

Also, a couple of questions about the Executioner:
Does the Executioner stay in the game after winning?
Is the Executioner target always Town?

RLVG
July 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
If you make a neutral Evil faction, then their win condition should be changed to "Survive until all the town is dead" or similar.
As I see it, the main issue here is having "Win with anyone" mixed with roles which can confirm themselves with night feedback.

I'd force the Drug Dealer to be anti-town. The Witch could either do that or have its feedback removed from the target, making it impossible for the Witch to both confirm itself and convince people that he won't use his ability.

Also, a couple of questions about the Executioner:
Does the Executioner stay in the game after winning?
Is the Executioner target always Town?

1. Executioner can stay, but he loses his immunity. He won the game and can troll as he'd like.
2. The target is random, anyone but himself.

As for the Anti-Town, it would be unsettling with just 1 Evil and 4 Benign.

It'd make sense for both Drug Dealer and Witch to be Evil, as they arren't "benign" in nature.
Broadcast can't confirm himself so his ability is to troll or confuse.

EDIT : Changed Drug Dealer and Witch into Neutral Evil, introducting Neutral Evil as a possibility.
It's now either Evil or Benign.

Cryptonic
August 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Queue Requirements:

13 or less players:
Yes

25 or less possible roles:
Yes

Role list:
Yes

Possible roles:
N/A

Win Conditions:
No. Please add win conditions.

Rolecards (including host options):
Yes

Order of Operations:
Yes

Investigative Pairings:
Yes

Rules of Conduct:
Yes

Mechanics:
Yes.

Action:
N/A for games posted prior to 010813

RLVG
August 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Added win conditions, with slight explicit detail.

Cryptonic
October 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Can Jailor/Kidnapper jail on lynch days?
If a Witch witches the Jailor/Kidnapper to someone other than the victim, does that prevent the Jailor/Kidnapper from being able to jail?
Survivor says he can't be "attack-charged". What is that?
Can the Mafia member be sent for the kill, or just Godfather?
Joker kills come after Witching. Can Witch control who the Joker kills?
Survivor is missing from OoO.

RLVG
October 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
If a Witch witches the Jailor/Kidnapper to someone other than the victim, does that prevent the Jailor/Kidnapper from being able to jail?

No. Fixed.

In the OoO, Jailing happens before the night (End of Day). The Witch can't manipulate the Jailor to Jail someone.

Badly written of "Electromaniac's Charge" when one charged meets another. I'll fix the text to this :
- Protect: Immune to all attacks except of being burned. Can still be charged and doused.

Yes, the Mafia PR can sacrifice it's ability. In result Godfather does nothing and a PR Ability is gone to waste.
Added that to the Extra.

Yes. I need to specify that it affects his First target though.
"- In a situation of a Witch, the Joker's first target will be affected."

Fixed.

ika
October 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
drug no feedback?
lynch count of fufiling bounty?
if doesnt kill/lynch target in 2 days can it be reassigned after kills?
arson burin count as self visit? If so can it be witched to cancled?
Vigilant shoot night 1? Witch force shots?
Jailor witch to self or different target, execute? Has no charge execute by witch?
Can the attacker behealed when duling bg?
If target is jailed can they still get an interview?
Drugging is not in OoO
Is day 1 skip possible since it no lynch
Jailor/kidnapper jail each other, jailor has priority? Can overlaps of role happen (ie
2 jailors?)

RLVG
October 8th, 2013, 08:56 AM
drug no feedback?
Jailor witch to self or different target, execute? Has no charge execute by witch?
Drugging is not in OoO
Jailor/kidnapper jail each other, jailor has priority? Can overlaps of role happen (ie
2 jailors?)

drug no feedback?
The Drug gives the feedback of choice: "Attack & Healed", "Doused", "Driven", "Witched", "Charged".

Yes.

The Joker? A new Bounty will be placed after his kills, during a different night.

Arsonist uses a sepperate night action when burning. 3 night actions, 1 at a time. No.

Yes, it's possible. Witch will consume the Vigilante's bullets.

"If the Jailor is witched to visit his target, he'll execute. Charge consumed."

""Bodyguard can't be healed during a sucessfull protect, attacker can be.""

If a Journalist targets someone who is jailed, the Interview will be cancelled automatically.

Drugging is not in OoO
I'll fix that.

I'll allow it, but the schedule remains. Lynching 12 hours into the day, night will be 36 hours long.

2 jailors?)
The Jailor will have prirority. If A jails B, B Kidnaps C, A will jail B to prevent C being kidnapped.

I may have misunderstood a few questions.

EDIT :

I have now clarified that the roles given, are Random.

Cryptonic
October 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Approved