PDA

View Full Version : Sign Ups

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Just wondering what is up with all this "pre-signing" mumbo jumbo. What is the point and why has it started happening? I get that some people were annoyed that signups would fill up quick. But now if you don't presign they still fill up before a signup thread even goes up.. What is even the point of a sign up thread if its aleady full when its the thread is started?

Hypersniper
July 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
i dont know i had a full presign game but crypt says i must have one so they can confirm

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
lol me and crypt have twin minds wtf

Cryptonic
July 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Rofl I just posted something about this in Setup Approvals starting tomorrow (spoke to Hypersniper about his signups already).

Read it and let me know what you think, and if it needs any amendments.

AppleyNO
July 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Just wondering what is up with all this "pre-signing" mumbo jumbo. What is the point and why has it started happening? I get that some people were annoyed that signups would fill up quick. But now if you don't presign they still fill up before a signup thread even goes up.. What is even the point of a sign up thread if its aleady full when its the thread is started?
I completely agree.

The point of pre-signs were supposed to be that you were on the list of possible players for a host to random through. The current usage of pre-signs, however, (being a /sign for a first come first serve thing), is really depressing and makes the sign-ups forum completely useless.

Hosts will do what they want though.

AppleyNO
July 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Rofl I just posted something about this in Setup Approvals starting tomorrow (spoke to Hypersniper about his signups already).

Lol This works xD

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM

looks good for now babe! we'l have to see how it works out =)

@appley: ahh thak you! i was worried i was the only one who thought this.

Banshis
July 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
I completely agree.

The point of pre-signs were supposed to be that you were on the list of possible players for a host to random through. The current usage of pre-signs, however, (being a /sign for a first come first serve thing), is really depressing and makes the sign-ups forum completely useless.

Hosts will do what they want though.

Well I am guilty for pre-signing, but the reason I think pre-signing gets out of hand is because once one person presigns then that means other people will presign then. Since right now presigns are used to get confirmed into the game a train has to go on the presigning otherwise you won't get in. That is one of the biggest reasons everyone presigns.

Hypersniper
July 22nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
presigning is like lead

once you get one you cant get it out

Cryptonic
July 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Back in the day, /presign was just used as a way to let a host know of your interest. It was basically like saying "bump". It wasn't until a couple of months ago that people starting added presigns to the signups list. :3

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Well I am guilty for pre-signing, but the reason I think pre-signing gets out of hand is because once one person presigns then that means other people will presign then. Since right now presigns are used to get confirmed into the game a train has to go on the presigning otherwise you won't get in. That is one of the biggest reasons everyone presigns.

but why not just wait for the actual sign up thread for the exact same thing..

Mateo
July 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
but why not just wait for the actual sign up thread for the exact same thing..

because by presigning you show the fm mods the community is interested in playing a given setup

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
because by presigning you show the fm mods the community is interested in playing a given setup

but the fm mods dont care about the interest.

Cryptonic
July 22nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
lol

Edit: Oh dear this is in site.

K so since Cryptonic just inplemented the No more Presigns, damn you ika, thing can this thread be closed?

x.x It's not that at all. I never said no more presigns.

Presigns are allowed if a signup list is randomized and open for at least 24 hours.

Mateo
July 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
but the fm mods dont care about the interest.

then fire them and replace them with new mods.

what good is a balanced game if no one wants to play it.

Cryptonic
July 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM

Yea, no. I'm not going to ignore people wanting to host a game just because everyone wants to play their friend's game.
Everything is approved in roughly the same order it was submitted. Interest in a game does not sway me to approve it sooner.

Raptorblaze
July 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
I am content with the way S-FMs are being managed.

Keep up the good work.

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM

lol interest in a game has no bearings on its starting date tho. do you know what the queue is?

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 01:36 PM
I am content with the way S-FMs are being managed.

Keep up the good work.

i'm glad they work out for someone who never plays them! =]

Raptorblaze
July 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
i'm glad they work out for someone who never plays them! =]

You say this after I started the presign train that lead to this thread lol.

Bunny
July 22nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
You say this after I started the presign train that lead to this thread lol.

i smoked weed once im an addict =O its been going on for quite a while! i mentioned this to crypt a million times!

Mateo
July 22nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
lol interest in a game has no bearings on its starting date tho. do you know what the queue is?

yes i do.

Slaol
July 22nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Everyone that presigns in my games are officially banned from the game. Starting now. This is my personal policy, since Cryptonic's official statement has to be more political to a degree. I suggest we all personally adopt this mentality.

Apocist
July 22nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
I believe in the past, it was a way to confirm that the game would actually have a chance to start. There have been times when were a setup was released, but there was not a enough push to get the game to actually start... So games would just linger forever and just get forgotten.

Hypersniper
July 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
I like how all this happened this thread and crypts presign thread after I put up my full presigned s-fm is that a conincidene or intentional

Hypersniper
July 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Slaol your mad lets protest against him

Presigns presigns

Slaol
July 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Slaol your mad lets protest against him

Presigns presigns

Protest against me?
Whatever lol.

Chane
July 22nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
I agree that it should be used as a bump instead, although hosts have all the freedom to do the sign-up's as they please and let people in as they please I would still either random players or select from a pool, never first come first serve, I have been bitten in the ass to many times by my timezone to even vaguely appreciate the first-come-first-serve way of sign-ups.

powerofdeath
July 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
I am against /presign but seeing everyone presigned in Hypersniper sfm, i panicked and presigned

We should make a new law preventing presigns or only allow like one or 2 people who want to play but told the host they wont be in time for sign ups, or people who signed outside of the forum, like skype or irl

eezstreet
July 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
:(
I've been wanting to play a game of FM but I can never sign up to any games due to the presigns.