PDA

View Full Version : FM 4 Recap

Muso
September 11th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Things I liked
- Moderators were always on time with everything. Always prompt to answer questions and were obviously constantly reading through the discussion threads. They also made sure everything ran perfectly smoothly.
- Separate forum and anonymous players
- Interesting new roles that kept people guessing
- Hidden role list. Although some guarantees and rough numbers might have been nice. Like how many mafia, neutrals and town?

Things I didn't like
- Fag who fucked up the game
- Citizens had nowhere to go in terms of any masons, cult or revolutionaries. Couldn't even get a gun.
- 48 hr days seemed to go on a little too long. is 24hrs too short?

CaressMeTenderly
September 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Not a fan of hidden roles list.
TEAL IS UGLY HERE.

vornksr
September 11th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I loved the closed setup, and the anonymous names + avatars.

I'd be perfectly happy if FM5 were 4 redux. (Minus the separate threads, obviously.)

Deathfire123
September 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Liked anonymousness, pissed off at Yayap, and others figuring out who people were judged by their activity on COM forum.

Liked the new roles.

Disliked the Crimson.

Try Again?

AscendedOne
September 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Agreed with the exception of the hidden role list...

Yayap
September 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Yes, 24h is too short due to timezones. NA player asks question to EU player. EU player answers 6 hours later. NA players sees reply 12 hours after that and so on...

And, didn't you see day2, people wanted more time to lynch Misove. I would have voted if I had time but I was gone to the races till 3 hours past deadline.

MileS
September 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I thought the anonymous names were hard to follow a little bit, but they made the game more fun too. I thought the setup was great and was really interested to see how the game unfolded.

Were people checking based on their activity on this forum?

Inca_Killa
September 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Liked anonymousness, pissed off at Yayap, and others figuring out who people were judged by their activity on COM forum.

Liked the new roles.

Disliked the Crimson.

Try Again?

+1. Can we make activity impossible to track on either forum? I feel that finding out when people log on or do activity on a forum is using information from outside the game and should be banned.

Also @ the Anonymous names, please make them very distinct and different. Some of the names are too similar sounding.

Muso
September 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Yes, 24h is too short due to timezones. NA player asks question to EU player. EU player answers 6 hours later. NA players sees reply 12 hours after that and so on...

And, didn't you see day2, people wanted more time to lynch Misove. I would have voted if I had time but I was gone to the races till 3 hours past deadline.

That's a good point. The last 5 hrs of Misove's lynch were the hours of midnight-5am here.

divemaster127
September 11th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I loved the closed setup and the new roles didnt like 48 hours though need to be 30-36.

and crimson was being a fag

TheJackofSpades
September 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I thought the anonymous names were hard to follow a little bit, but they made the game more fun too. I thought the setup was great and was really interested to see how the game unfolded.

Were people checking based on their activity on this forum?

I ignored any information gained this way, as they were removed from the other forum for exactly this purpose.

I personally disliked the anonymity of this past game simply because I feel I play better when I understand my opponents(obviously). I feel like I played a pretty poor game overall, aside from my constant pressuring of Misove during day 3.

Yayap
September 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM

Hey, I was exhausted after day1. Only had about 3 hours sleep. Then did the same day2, only 2 hours sleep. Then went to the regatta all day. Doing what I did comes at a high price and patience. I declare that I was the ultimate Lurker though. I was on for another 12 hours after saying that I went to bed.

@Inca: some people managed to elude me. They got smart by day 3 and weren't loggin in. And watched the forums as guests.

Inca_Killa
September 11th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Hey, I was exhausted after day1. Only had about 3 hours sleep. Then did the same day2, only 2 hours sleep. Then went to the regatta all day. Doing what I did comes at a high price and patience. I declare that I was the ultimate Lurker though. I was on for another 12 hours after saying that I went to bed.

@Inca: some people managed to elude me. They got smart by day 3 and weren't loggin in. And watched the forums as guests.

I don't want to log out here because i'm playing a game there :|. How much do I need to inconvenience myself to play this game?

Yayap
September 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I don't want to log out here because i'm playing a game there :|. How much do I need to inconvenience myself to play this game?

Depends how much you want to hide from me. :P

If more people had turned on the hide my online activities button, I would have had a much harder time. But there was only a select few who did in the beginning.

And I did everything in my power to mask my true online status. By turning the button to hide on and off at random intervals and not posting in these forums when I was hiding like Elixir did. Lol. Also just watched as a guest but then couldn't talk to Claw.

vornksr
September 11th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Perhaps for the anonymity in the next game, we could allow individuals to chose their own names, subject to mod approval. (I.e. nothing ridiculously obnoxious, or impersonating another player.) Name choice would have to be made before roles were assigned.

Inca_Killa
September 12th, 2011, 12:03 AM

Depends how much you want to hide from me. :P

If more people had turned on the hide my online activities button, I would have had a much harder time. But there was only a select few who did in the beginning.

And I did everything in my power to mask my true online status. By turning the button to hide on and off at random intervals and not posting in these forums when I was hiding like Elixir did. Lol. Also just watched as a guest but then couldn't talk to Claw.

I guess i'll just hide my activities all of the time, but seriously, how hard is it to keep the game in the game ><.

Yayap
September 12th, 2011, 12:08 AM
The only thing it would have done would be giving me metaglasses. It tells me nothing about the roles. At least I didn't abuse it and start talking to FalseTruth in PMs.

Mafia team fail. lol.

Goonswarm
September 12th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Same roles please just randomize the names again. TWICE I HAVE BEEN THIS ROLE IN FM1 AND 4 AND THE GAME GETS CANCELLED.

Deathfire123
September 12th, 2011, 12:50 AM
goon you cheated, you dont get to complain :\

Raiden
September 12th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Overall:

Liked the anonymous setting. I didn't do much to hide my identity, because i didn't really care as long as big names remained hidden. That's the purpose of anonimity if you ask me.

Liked the hosting. Claw was very present, helpful and on time with everything. Given what happened on night 2, i have nothing to complain about the host. FYI, i turned lookout that night and he didn't even wait for my action(s) and last will because of what happened.

Mixed-towards-liked the setup. I love recruiting roles, and there was none. I am not a fan of vigilante and bodyguard. I would have loved to see student and ghost in action, and i liked the drug dealer. Lookout and Detective were also enjoyable. Not sure about the Bus Driver, i still think he would have caused a lot of chaos.

Mixed-towards-disliked the number of players. I had to take like 6 pages of notes. In less than 3 full days. Including trollday 1. But i don't have any suggestion to fix this, so i don't really know what to say. I would probably not like having 2 separate games, or having too many reserves.

Disliked multiple threads. This was fixed pretty soon, so it's ok.

Hated the cheating. Seriously this is the worst thing ever happened in forum mafia. Players involved should be banned forever imo.

Inca_Killa
September 12th, 2011, 03:24 AM

You dissapoint me Goon, I expected more from you than to cheat.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 12th, 2011, 07:49 AM
TBH I think names shouldn't even be taken into consideration in forum mafia, it just adds onto the shitty speculation, you played like X last game, blah blah metaplay that ruins some fun out of it. I'd like to be Anonymous X instead of LOL I FOUND YOU LYNCH HIM or anything of the likes.

Auckmid
September 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Actually, I thought the opposite. If the day had have gone on longer, you could have lynched Misclove. Could days be 72 hours just for the 1st 3, when there are so many votes required to lynch? Even though Muso was a very good player, are difference of opinion made it very easy for me to argue with him.

Overall:

Liked the anonymous setting. I didn't do much to hide my identity, because i didn't really care as long as big names remained hidden. That's the purpose of anonimity if you ask me.

Liked the hosting. Claw was very present, helpful and on time with everything. Given what happened on night 2, i have nothing to complain about the host. FYI, i turned lookout that night and he didn't even wait for my action(s) and last will because of what happened.

Mixed-towards-liked the setup. I love recruiting roles, and there was none. I am not a fan of vigilante and bodyguard. I would have loved to see student and ghost in action, and i liked the drug dealer. Lookout and Detective were also enjoyable. Not sure about the Bus Driver, i still think he would have caused a lot of chaos.

Mixed-towards-disliked the number of players. I had to take like 6 pages of notes. In less than 3 full days. Including trollday 1. But i don't have any suggestion to fix this, so i don't really know what to say. I would probably not like having 2 separate games, or having too many reserves.

Hated the cheating. Seriously this is the worst thing ever happened in forum mafia. Players involved should be banned forever imo.
Completely agree with everything, especialy the cheating.

Goonswarm
September 12th, 2011, 04:10 PM

Again, ask rev if I pm'd him at all. I did not cheat, have claw post the skype log. Most of it is asking questions and messing with each other. I would be the last one to cheat ffs.

CaressMeTenderly
September 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
well when dark revenant himself is cheating ITS A BIT HARD TO TRUST ANYONE ISNT IT AND ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR CHEATING BUDDY

Dark.Revenant
September 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I didn't even cheat, bro.

jaczac
September 12th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Overall:

Amen Brother. :0

Inca_Killa
September 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM

Again, ask rev if I pm'd him at all. I did not cheat, have claw post the skype log. Most of it is asking questions and messing with each other. I would be the last one to cheat ffs.

okok goon I believe you. Don't betray my trust broooo D:.

CaressMeTenderly
September 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I didn't even cheat, bro.

uc
hea
t
ur

hai