PDA

View Full Version : S-FM: The Matrix

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the Matrix. This setup (shamelessly stolen from mafiascum) is designed to focus on behavioral analysis. The setup takes one row or column from the table below as the starting point. Then, one mafioso and the rest vanilla townies are added until there are 2 mafia aligned roles and 7 town aligned roles. This setup is designed for behavioral analysis. There is little to no possibility of process of elimination.

Mafia
Mafia
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

A
B
C

Jailor
Citizen
Mafioso

Consort
Sheriff
Doctor

Citizen with Autovest
Mafioso
Detective

Citizen

You are a citizen. You may vote during the day. At night, you review your notes to see if anything stands out to you.

Citizen with Autovest

You are a citizen with an autovest. You may vote during the day. At night, you review your notes to see if anything stands out to you. Your trusted bulletproof vest allows you to survive one mafia night attack. Your autovest does not protect against the jailor or lynching.

Detective

You are a Detective. You may vote during the day. At night, you track one person to see who they visited.

Doctor

You are a Doctor. You may vote during the day. At night, you follow one person and heal them if attacked. You are the only player who gets a notice if attacked and healed. You cannot heal a jailor's execution.

Jailor

You are a Jailor. You may vote during the day. You may also select someone to jail during the day. Your jailing is successful only if there is no lynch. Jailing is a perfect roleblock and targets in jail cannot be killed. You remove your target from any nightchats. You have a night chat with your target. You have two executions. You do not use one of your two executions unless you attempt to execute. Your execution is spent if you are roleblocked. Jailor's kills cannot be healed.

Sheriff

You are a Sheriff. You may vote during the day. During the night, you may use your incredibly laggy, choppy internet connection to see if one player has connection to the mafia.

Consort

You are a Consort. You may vote during the day. During the night, you may roleblock a player unless you are in jail. The target will receive a notification that you blocked them, even if a citizen. You may not roleblock and kill if your partner is alive. If your partner is dead, you may roleblock and kill. The mafia only have one kill per night. As a member of the mafia, you must determine who is being sent to kill.

Your partner is Player X, who is a mafioso. Your quicktopic is here.

Mafioso

You are a Mafioso. You may vote during the day. During the night, you may kill someone. The mafia only have one kill per night. As a member of the mafia, you must determine who is being killed and who is being sent for the kill.

Your partner is Player Y, who is a mafioso/consort. Your quicktopic is here.

Some other rules

1) No editing posts. This will result in a modkill, no exceptions.
2) No videos. 1 warning. The host cannot watch the videos from work, so that's why this rule is in place.
3) All posts in English.
4) No codes. Breadcrumbing is allowed.
5) No invisible text.
6) Days and Nights last 24 hours.
7) The game starts at day with an optional lynch.
8) Questions must be asked in color "00ff00" for a public response and pmed to me for a private response. Any other questions will be ignored. My responses will be in "yellow", do not use this color.
9) This game will use the automated vote counter, unless the host deems it broken. In that case, I will give regular vote counts. To use the automated vote counter your vote must be in [vote] tags and spell the name exactly right. [vote]Tituss[ /vote] would not vote me because there are two "s"es.
10) Once a majority of players vote for a player to be lynched, the player will be hammered. No unvotes can change this.
11) Players may talk after a lynch and I unlock the thread until the official day ending time. Votes will not count though. Time with the thread locked will not be recovered, if for some reason I do not immediately unlock the thread.
12) Presigns are not allowed. I have one reserved slot possibly however.
13) Citizens do not win ties.
14) Last wills not allowed.
15) Death notes not allowed.
16) Suicide and self-voting are NOT allowed.

Order of Operations

1) Jailing
2) Consort Roleblocks
3) Any investigations
4) Mafia Kill
5) Jailor's Kill
6) Healing/Vest

Win Conditions

Town - Kill the Mafia
Mafia - Kill the Town

ika
July 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
12) Presigns are not allowed. I have one reserved slot possibly however.

/presigns anyway

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
/presigns anyway

Error does not compute. Please do not try again.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Error does not compute. Please do not try again.

XD

but being serious now

how does the chart exactly work now? can you give an example of how it works?

ill look through and see other things as well this is just at a glance

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Before the start of the game, I will randomly select a number between 1 and 6. The number will determine which of the six possible setups will be used. 1 will indicate row one. 2 indicates row 2, 3 is row three, 4 is column A, 5 is column B, 6 is column C.

Let's say I roll 5. I then start with a sheriff, citizen and mafioso. I add one mafioso and five citizens to finish the setup. That would create a setup with two mafiosos, one sheriff and six regular citizens.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM
more into it

OoO?
jailor perice immunity? (for auto bullet vest and heal purpous)
make second cit with vest have it in role (it looks liek you just made 2 copies of citizen)
last wills and death note?
sucide? (you know i had to ask that)
cit wins tie rulings?
jailor doesnt execute, uses charge?
day one lynch?
detective gets attacked and healed, still gets feedback? same with sheriff?
doctor gets attack and heal? target that was attacked?
vested target attack, doc heals it does doc get notification?

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Order of Operations is a non-requirement. At no point would it matter who acts first.

Jailor pierces autovest. That will be added.

No last wills. Death notes ok but not recommended. Will be adding.

Citizens do not win ties in this setup.

Jailor does not use his charge unless he attempts to execute.

Day one lynch is already mentioned. See rule 7.

Anyone who lives gets their feedback. No one gets a notice that they were attacked. Doctor is the only player who gets an attacked and healed notice.

Autovest and Doctor are never in the same setup.

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Suicide and self-voting not allowed.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Order of Operations is a non-requirement. At no point would it matter who acts first.

it would becasue then someone could say oh attack can go last so doc would be pointless, logic would dictate attack would come before heal but there will be players that will pull that type of thing just to try to get awya with something.

ie: player X is killed, doc targets player X, logci say hes healed, Player Y (mafia) complains there no OoO so my kill should go through, or consort rbs doc, doc says im immune becasue i come before.

just saying without an OoO anyone can claim that their action has a priority over another, if its not set, no matter how logical it should be, someone will complain

Damus_Graves
July 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
it would becasue then someone could say oh attack can go last so doc would be pointless, logic would dictate attack would come before heal but there will be players that will pull that type of thing just to try to get awya with something.

ie: player X is killed, doc targets player X, logci say hes healed, Player Y (mafia) complains there no OoO so my kill should go through, or consort rbs doc, doc says im immune becasue i come before.

just saying without an OoO anyone can claim that their action has a priority over another, if its not set, no matter how logical it should be, someone will complain

Not if everything happens at the same time.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Not if everything happens at the same time.

just saying i think it would be easier if there was an OoO but if titus thinks she can do it without an OoO go ahead.

i just think if eveything happens simataniously that someone might complain about it

edit: i would say then everthing happens all at once to clairfy the techical OoO

as of now there doesnt see to be something that explains it

Damus_Graves
July 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Borkbot might require an OoO however titus

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Ok, I'll put a mini OoO. It's redundant if players are being serious and roles have effect but I might as well be clear.

Poriomania
July 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Here are some of my suggestions.

- Jailor should be just a straight up protection + roleblock. Execution makes it too powerful for my liking and encourages no lynching, which is bad.

- Codes remove behavioral analysis and are a violation of "standard mafia ethics". It's usually a gamebreaking strategy and should be removed.

- Make the Days 48 hours. Day 1 will result in no lynch - see S-FM Music for an example of why Day 1 w/24 hours is bad.

- Make a "soft lynch" and a "hard lynch", which is a strategy I've seen used for short Days. For example, if this game is on Day 1, make it 5 to "hard" lynch (when a lynch reaches 5 votes it ends the Day) and 3 to "soft" lynch (when a lynch reaches 3 then when deadline comes then the player is lynched)

- Just remove death notes.

- Allow for self votes. Important tool.

- Resolve actions using Natural Action Resolution.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Here are some of my suggestions.

- Jailor should be just a straight up protection + roleblock. Execution makes it too powerful for my liking and encourages no lynching, which is bad.
could agree with, could prevent somoen executing and then say "Hai im jailor"

- Codes remove behavioral analysis and are a violation of "standard mafia ethics". It's usually a gamebreaking strategy and should be removed.
will leave for host

- Make the Days 48 hours. Day 1 will result in no lynch - see S-FM Music for an example of why Day 1 w/24 hours is bad.
not always if you saw a game where it was possible a lynch can occur. 48 hrs days tend to be draged ot and can cause ppl to be inactive and lurk, i mean look at slvae code. it became a lurkfest

- Make a "soft lynch" and a "hard lynch", which is a strategy I've seen used for short Days. For example, if this game is on Day 1, make it 5 to "hard" lynch (when a lynch reaches 5 votes it ends the Day) and 3 to "soft" lynch (when a lynch reaches 3 then when deadline comes then the player is lynched)
thats an ok idea

- Just remove death notes.
host decides, dns can be fun

- Allow for self votes. Important tool.
fourm does not allow self voting to count unless you manualy count them

- Resolve actions using Natural Action Resolution.
???

my thoughts on this

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I like the jailor executing. It's rather obvious if anyone gets jailed. Jailor and doctor do not get put in the same setup so the jailor is much weaker than expected. Also, by no lynching they remove a lot of vital information for the town. Jailor only jailing on no-lynch days is the trade off for the execution ability. The town loses a lot in a behavioral analysis setup by not lynching just to give one guy a little more information.

I'll remove deathnotes and codes. I'm not a big fan of either anyway.

I'll make Day 1 48 hours but I'm not doing a soft lynch. That makes it far to easy for town to get a day 1 lynch IMO.

I'm basing this setup off the newbie setup where self-voting is discouraged. Self-voting generally does not play to alignment. So no, I'm not allowing self-voting.

Actions will be resolved using the Order of Operations

Poriomania
July 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I would give the jailor one execution, then. Makes it more skill-testing.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I would give the jailor one execution, then. Makes it more skill-testing.

agreed. this will also stop jailor coming out day 2 and everyone goes Jail this person and that person one execution would allow someone to claim and then have CCs go around

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM
If the jailor comes out day 2, he will be shot night 2. There is no doctor to heal the jailor in any setup with a jailor.

ika
July 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
If the jailor comes out day 2, he will be shot night 2. There is no doctor to heal the jailor in any setup with a jailor.

jailor can still jail on day 2, and if he jails consort theres no way of stopping it, it also makes an autoconfirmed town. jailor might be killed if no lynch but at same time they could take out mafia

Edit: long story short, a role that can auto confirm takes out a lot of anasis if thats what your aiming for becasue even if there is no jail on n2 they might waste time killing jailor but it allows jailor to give thoughs of everything

Titus
July 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM
That's inaccurate. The mafioso shoots the jailor, jailor dies before his execution. Edited the OoO to reflect this.

Also, in a single mafia setup (where the partner died), the mafia could NK, causing the jailor to fail and kill a town.

Cryptonic
August 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Queue Requirements:

13 or less players:
Yes

25 or less possible roles:
Yes

Role list:
Yes

Possible roles:
N/A

Win Conditions:
No, please add win conditions.

Rolecards (including host options):
Yes

Order of Operations:
Yes

Investigative Pairings:
N/A

Rules of Conduct:
Yes

Mechanics:
Yes, located under Rules.

Action:
N/A for games posted prior to 010813

Titus
August 1st, 2013, 08:09 PM
Added.

Cryptonic
August 2nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Even with 5-6 VT, I think the Mafia is really UP. Town would have a high chance of winning if they just random.org'd who they're going to lynch every day lol. I'd consider reducing it by 1 VT for 2 Mafia. 2v6 seems more fair.

Other than that concern, the rest looks good.

Titus
August 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
I'll make it 6, but if town gets slaughtered and I want to rehost, I'll put it back at 7.

ika
August 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
first come forst serve signs or random.org it?

Cryptonic
August 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
You don't have to if you don't want to, but I just worry that Mafia is going to struggle if the town rolls multiple PRs.

Titus
August 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
You don't have to if you don't want to, but I just worry that Mafia is going to struggle if the town rolls multiple PRs.

There's only two scenarios where the town can role two PRs with night actions. The first, is doctor/sheriff which the mafia has a consort. The second, is doctor/detective who could hit a mafia and not know it due to the other mafia being sent for the kill.

Adjusting back to 7.

Titus
August 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
first come forst serve signs or random.org it?

Random.org but for my reserved if he wants in. This will be the only time I do that given the fact that presigns are no longer allowed.

If I'm lucky and signups are on a weekend, random.org will be done for the signers in that weekend. So there is a little of first come first serve.

ika
August 2nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Random.org but for my reserved if he wants in. This will be the only time I do that given the fact that presigns are no longer allowed.

If I'm lucky and signups are on a weekend, random.org will be done for the signers in that weekend. So there is a little of first come first serve.

presigns are allowed if you are doing random.org

Titus
August 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
presigns are allowed if you are doing random.org

If the player that would have presigned would be active, he likely is just as capable of signing up.

ika
August 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
If the player that would have presigned would be active, he likely is just as capable of signing up.

/presign troll

/lurk

Cryptonic
August 4th, 2013, 07:43 AM
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/7/0/2/7/1195423550187356949molumen_red_approved_stamp.svg. hi.png

Titus
August 4th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Readded this to the queue, given the popularity of signups for this.

Cryptonic
September 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
The queue has been updated and your game has been added.