PDA

View Full Version : Deus ex or The Witcher 2

divemaster127
September 10th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hey guys i am not sure which to get they both look fun but ya i just wanted everyones opinion.

chocopaw
September 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
http://thepiratebay.org/
Try both.

divemaster127
September 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not going to pirate them.

CaressMeTenderly
September 10th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Good on you.
Dues Ex, btw.

Inca_Killa
September 11th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Witcher 2. I've played both and Witcher 2 is better. However..if you like guns/stealth, go Deus Ex. If you like good dialogue, story, and gameplay(takes getting used too) or swords, try Witcher.

philie
September 11th, 2011, 06:08 AM
buy one pirate the other.
its not like the other would have gotten your money for this anyway.

Muso
September 11th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Pirate both to try then buy the one you like

CaressMeTenderly
September 11th, 2011, 08:33 AM

Yes, remember, if you weren't going to buy the car, it's okay to break into it and steal it.
You're using faulty reasoning, don't try to justify your actions. Accept you're a thief and move on.

philie
September 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM

Yes, remember, if you weren't going to buy the car, it's okay to break into it and steal it.
You're using faulty reasoning, don't try to justify your actions. Accept you're a thief and move on.

It is you who are using faulty reasoning. Stealing other people's property harms them.
Copying a game that you would not play if it wasn't free - ever, does not change anything.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 12th, 2011, 07:58 AM

It is you who are using faulty reasoning. Stealing other people's property harms them.
Copying a game that you would not play if it wasn't free - ever, does not change anything.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

steak is trolling
and you are feeding me

and him

philie
September 12th, 2011, 08:13 AM
fuck, he wins.

Imperfect
September 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Piracy is theft of sorts. If every game was pirated instead of bought people would never make games that weren't supported through advertising or paying for perks. There are obviously games out there that support themselves like that but it is a small minority and severely limits games in general. A game is intellectual property of the company that created it and you are stealing their intellectual property. So copying a game that would you would not play does do harm to the company.
To say stealing a game does not harm a company is a flat out lie. If you weren't going to play it without stealing it then don't steal it in the first place. You are only justifying stealing it because you can get away with it. By always having the option of stealing a game it depreciates the value of all games to you because you can get them all for free if you choose on a whim. What makes you certain you wouldn't play the game in the first place? If you are not interested in buying the game but are willing to steal it you obviously wanted to play the game. Piracy is theft and it does hurt companies or else they would never go through such lengths to put anti-piracy features into games.
The worst part of piracy is it hurts legitimate gamers. Certain anti-piracy features detract from games. For example in our beloved Starcraft 2 there is no LAN feature because of piracy. This feature would obviously be ideal for tournaments and certain SC2 mods. Many games require you to be persistently online in order to play because they want to prevent piracy. These features were created ONLY because of piracy and can detract from the overall gaming experience.
Piracy isn't done by only people who would not buy the game. Many people pirate for the sole purpose of avoiding for paying for what they want. Even people who claim they would never buy the game cannot prove it. Besides if you don't want to buy a game now, you can wait for it to go on sale later on and get it for a much cheaper price. Again people just want to justify theft by saying they would not impact game companies and gamers by doing so.

Muso
September 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Piracy is theft of sorts. If every game was pirated instead of bought people would never make games that weren't supported through advertising or paying for perks. There are obviously games out there that support themselves like that but it is a small minority and severely limits games in general. A game is intellectual property of the company that created it and you are stealing their intellectual property. So copying a game that would you would not play does do harm to the company.
To say stealing a game does not harm a company is a flat out lie. If you weren't going to play it without stealing it then don't steal it in the first place. You are only justifying stealing it because you can get away with it. By always having the option of stealing a game it depreciates the value of all games to you because you can get them all for free if you choose on a whim. What makes you certain you wouldn't play the game in the first place? If you are not interested in buying the game but are willing to steal it you obviously wanted to play the game. Piracy is theft and it does hurt companies or else they would never go through such lengths to put anti-piracy features into games.
The worst part of piracy is it hurts legitimate gamers. Certain anti-piracy features detract from games. For example in our beloved Starcraft 2 there is no LAN feature because of piracy. This feature would obviously be ideal for tournaments and certain SC2 mods. Many games require you to be persistently online in order to play because they want to prevent piracy. These features were created ONLY because of piracy and can detract from the overall gaming experience.
Piracy isn't done by only people who would not buy the game. Many people pirate for the sole purpose of avoiding for paying for what they want. Even people who claim they would never buy the game cannot prove it. Besides if you don't want to buy a game now, you can wait for it to go on sale later on and get it for a much cheaper price. Again people just want to justify theft by saying they would not impact game companies and gamers by doing so.

This post is imperfect.

chocopaw
September 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Is he trolling as well? Want to know before I take the time to answer.^^

CaressMeTenderly
September 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
People who pirate are thieves.
They like to tell themselves otherwise to make themselves feel better.
I buy my stuff.
I'm not poor.

Fucking Irish people.

mrzwach
September 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Pirating is essentially internet welfare.

I mean, it's not necessarily bad to be on welfare. Doesn't change the fact that you are still a worthless parasite to society.

;D

Inca_Killa
September 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Pirating is essentially internet welfare.

I mean, it's not necessarily bad to be on welfare. Doesn't change the fact that you are still a worthless parasite to society.

;D

lol interesting way of putting it.