PDA

View Full Version : Time Problem (Bottom)

ypmagic
July 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I know it's really minor, but it's actually Daylight Savings Time and the clock should show 4:41 PM (when it's 3:41 PM)

Raptorblaze
July 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I know it's really minor, but it's actually Daylight Savings Time and the clock should show 4:41 PM (when it's 3:41 PM)

What's your timezone? Also idk where you live but where I live DST subtracts an hour, it doesn't add it.

ypmagic
July 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM
What's your timezone? Also idk where you live but where I live DST subtracts an hour, it doesn't add it.

There's a summer DST on the US and it's supposed to add an hour until November or something like that o_O

Raptorblaze
July 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
There's a summer DST on the US and it's supposed to add an hour until November or something like that o_O

Actually no.... DST is winter in the US....

Also the location your IP is saying you live in (I'll rep message you the location it said) does not even observe DST.

ypmagic
July 7th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I'm using PST right now for my FM and this (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/clockchange.html?n=224&year=2013) website tells me to move the clock one hour forward until November

ypmagic
July 7th, 2013, 05:36 PM
And actually I can reveal my real location by disconnecting from my VPN ^^

Raptorblaze
July 7th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Ok? PST is GMT-8, your current time zone is GMT-7, so until November PST is exactly the same as your local time.

For the record, DST varies state to state. There is no national DST law.

idc where you live, but time zones matter. Based on the time stamps it was showing GMT-7 which is the correct time :|

Also the location I pulled wasn't for your VPN, it resolves the addresses for me so I can tell when you're using pureVPN or not.

ypmagic
July 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Ok? PST is GMT-8, your current time zone is GMT-7, so until November PST is exactly the same as your local time.

For the record, DST varies state to state. There is no national DST law.

idc where you live, but time zones matter. Based on the time stamps it was showing GMT-7 which is the correct time :|

Also the location I pulled wasn't for your VPN, it resolves the addresses for me so I can tell when you're using pureVPN or not.

Congress made this happen xD

(a) AMENDMENT.—Section 3(a) of the Uniform Time Act of 1966 (15 U.S.C. 260a(a)) is amended -
(1) by striking "first Sunday of April" and inserting "second Sunday of March"; and
(2) by striking "last Sunday of October" and inserting "first Sunday of November".
(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—Subsection (a) shall take effect 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act or March 1, 2007, whichever is later.
(c) REPORT TO CONGRESS.—Not later than 9 months after the effective date stated in subsection (b), the Secretary shall report to Congress on the impact of this section on energy consumption in the United States.
(d) RIGHT TO REVERT.—Congress retains the right to revert the Daylight Saving Time back to the 2005 time schedules once the Department study is complete.

Raptorblaze
July 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aWtseb2-4

I found why you screwed up with the time opening your S-FM
You entered PST in Wolfram Alpha
You meant to use PDT

Please use correct timezones in the future -.- during DST PST is PDT, EST is EDT, etc.

That or you were watching the site clock, in which case it's because you forgot to enable DST settings in your profile.

Raptorblaze
July 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM
It's the second one. You changed your timezone but not your DST setting. VPNs screw up autodetection jsyk.

http://i.imgur.com/Hom3Qag.png

ypmagic
July 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
It's the second one. You changed your timezone but not your DST setting. VPNs screw up autodetection jsyk.

http://i.imgur.com/Hom3Qag.png

There's a setting? xD

Raptorblaze
July 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM
There's a setting? xD

There's a reason hosts always refer to wolfram alpha instead of using the site clock. If you'd checked your own link it had autocorrected it to the right time.