PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Hide the roles like clue

ika
July 6th, 2013, 06:43 PM
someone asked me if it was possible to do a clue type variation without doing clue itself. I think we should have an option to have the roles be revealed or not when doing custom games.

If you try to set up a clue variation you will get one of these 2 likely outcomes

1) Mass leavers
2) repicked

thoughts, ideas on it?

Mouchoir
July 6th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I have to agree ;)

It would be great to have the options to hide role and/or LWs, in order to give corroners a bgger interest and to see some of them in our custom games.
This choices would be great :

* Hide roles
* Hide LW
* Hide LW and Roles

This might help to creat new thrilling saves ;)

Lazers
July 6th, 2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/11144-Option-in-custom-setups-to-use-Clue-style-deaths

support

Chane
July 14th, 2013, 03:23 AM
+1, t-up, support.

though I don't know how pubbies will react :o

Lysergic
July 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
+1. This seems like a no brainer to include as an option.

Helz
July 25th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I like the idea.. It would be nice to have an option to either hide roles all together
or
-hide the roles list up top. (It would make it harder for people to give a fake role when accused making for a more advanced game..)

Elixir
July 25th, 2013, 10:32 PM
It'll be just like night sequence at present

UNCHECK BOX SHIT HOST

FUCK YOU IM LEAVING

leave train.

Customizable host options are normally fine balance wise because its up to you how you set it up but a no gy setup does a few things:

1) Scum get a massive advantage
2) Janitor becomes a will cleaning machine, thats about it.
3) Coroner actually sees some play but people still hate it
4) Disguiser becomes near undetectable outside night sequence.

General bnet twats probably wont get it, rage hard and leave.. More leaves = less time player = less popularity score, so I dunno

Gingerape
July 25th, 2013, 10:38 PM
If I don't get a very powerful power role then I rage quit. Fuck Citizens, Sheriffs, Detectives, Coroners, Masons.
This game is about unlimited Veterans, Jailors, Spree Killers, Witches, Jesters, and Mayors.

If every role in the game Isn't a super power then the game isn't fun.

(Personal opinion don't infract me Elixir <3 )

Elixir
July 26th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Fuck .... Coroners

m8

m8

m8

m8

It was my first role suggestion :'(. (I think even before I joined staff)

ika
July 29th, 2013, 09:16 AM
well if you think aobut it its a fun way to make games more intresting. I mean 95% of the community will not use it i bet but at same time for those ppl who do want to use it it would be fun.

Noxava
August 19th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I like it, it would be certainly fun to use but as it was said: " I mean 95% of the community will not use it" Still that 5% would have fun.

Voss
August 20th, 2013, 03:30 AM
the 95% wouldn't enjoy it, isn't a tested statistic.
I think more than 5% would like this addition.

Brigade
September 1st, 2013, 07:27 AM
+1 .. at least giving the community the option to warm up to a custom clue variant. Potential positives > possible negatives.

Plus, there's a "No Trial" option that most people miss before the first lynch. This would fall into a similar realm of game options.

Dark.Revenant
September 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Implemented by making clue grab from your save slot rather than load a crappy setup.

Helz
September 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I love it. I feel like I will have to re speck my save and always use clue from now on.