PDA

View Full Version : SFM Warcraft 3 Classic Mafia

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
WC3 CLASSIC MAFIA
Every roles are from WC3 Mafia and they all have same ability and set up.

Godfather
Mafia member
Detective
Doctor
Busdriver
Vigilante
Prostitute
Recruit
Cursed.
Serial Killer
Cult Leader
Terrorist
Zombie

Role list

Godfather - immune to attack, immune to detection(show up townie to detective) cannot kill without mafia member, may recruit recruits into mafia as mafia members, may recruit prostitute as whore. Share night chat with the mafia.
Is informed when Detective investigated you, informed you were attacked
Cannot be converted.

Whore - roleblock someone each night. Share night chat with the mafia.

Mafia member - may kill someone each night, share night chat with the mafia

Detective - find exact role of the player each night

Doctor - heal one person each night from an attack (+1 heal)

Busdriver - swap the position of 2 players each night, may not swap himself, immune to roleblocking.

Vigilante - shoot someone each night, may shoot night 1, 4 bullets limit, will be informed if target is immune.

Prostitute - roleblock someone each night. May be recruited by the Godfather to be the whore of the mafia.

Recruit - power in vote, can be recruited to become mafia member by the godfather. Show up townie to detective.

Cursed - power in vote, when killed at night, you become a zombie. Show up townie to detective

Townie - power in vote (this is a real role in WC3 mafia but I decided to not add it, just putting this role card to show why GF show up as townie)

Serial Killer - kill someone each night, is not immune to attacks, will be informed if target is immune

Cult leader - recruit someone each night, may recruit everybody except for godfather and zombies. Can recruit mafia members and whores. When mafia are recruited to cultist, they cannot talk in night chat with the mafia and they are no longer allied. Can hear the Cultist night chat, but cannot talk to the cultists. The cultists do not know your identity.

Cultist - talk to your fellow cultists in cult night chat. You do not know the identity of your leader. Your leader can hear you but he cannot talk to you.

Terrorist- plant a bomb at someone house. Anybody who visit that target will be killed by bomb. Victims can be healed from bomb. Terrorist will also be killed by the bomb. To win everyone including YOU must die.

Zombies - talk to your fellow zombies in zombies night chat. Heal a person each night from an attack. If target was attacked, the target become a zombie. (Similar idea to witch doctor)
Zombies cannot be healed by doctor

OoO

busdriver swaps
prostitute/whore roleblocks
Terrorist Plants the bomb
Vig/MM/SK kills/Bomb explodes(everyone who visit the house of the bomb above and below this OoO will die)
Zombie heals
Doctor Heals
Detective investigate
Cult Leader Recruits
Godfather Recruits

Rules

24 hours day/24 hours night
Start on Day 1 Lynch
51 percent needed to lynch
Last wills are allowed
Death Notes are allowed for both town and scums
No editing or deleting posts
No invisible posts
Yes Pics/autoplay
No videos
No skyping/PMing
Questions in green
People who are inactive or break rules will either be replaced or modkilled

Special Mechanics

To Vote no lynch, you must lynch the penguin!
When Penguin get lynched, the night will begin.
There will be a new penguin the next day.
Town will be informed on who got attacked and attacked/healed.

Win Conditions:
Town: Lynch all the followings:Mafia, Cults, zombies, Serial Killers, and Terrorists To Win

Mafia: Kill the followings: Towns/Cults/zombies/SK/Terrorist to win

Cults: convert or lynch all of he following:Towns/Mafia/zombies/SK/Terrorist to win

Zombies: Convert or lynch all of the following:towns/mafia/Cults/SK/Terrorist to win(win tie over Cults)

Serial Killer: Be the last one alive(win tie over Mafia)

Terrorist: Everyone including YOU must die

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Me and ika talking about this set up

[8:37:36 PM] ika: change whore to consrot at least
[8:37:51 PM] Me: but its a role in wc3
[8:38:20 PM] ika: sc2 mafia got taken down becasue of that before. you can keep it but bork might not like it
[8:38:39 PM] ika: same with prosotute
[8:38:52 PM] ika: it was hooker and somethign else
[8:39:18 PM] ika: its also supectiable to a mass role call
[8:39:40 PM] Me: Yup so u know how many scums there are?
[8:39:49 PM] Me: Its for balance
[8:40:25 PM] ika: well if this can be mass rolecalled it can be a broken setup
[8:40:49 PM] Me: That how people in wc3 played
[8:41:18 PM] ika: everone does mass role call, lynch one scum, vig shoots next terrorist has almost no chance of winning
[8:42:27 PM] ika: i just think its not gonna end well...

the role themselfs are neat i just think using this setup like this is not gonna work
[8:49:30 PM] Me: Lol its 7 towns vs 6
Town lynch and vig shoot, but mafia also kill and sk kill and cult recruit and possible zombie recruit
And terrorist almost never win but people love terrorist cuz it could kill like 3-4 people at once
[8:49:53 PM] Me: Mafia could recruit as well
[8:50:11 PM] ika: meh i just think that it will be not one of the greatest of them.
[8:50:26 PM] Me: Roleclaiming is bad for town because mafia can easily figure out who to recruit
[8:50:50 PM | Edited 8:51:01 PM] ika: well the thing i see that bad aobut it is the scum vs town ratio...
[8:51:16 PM] Me: But scums are against eachother as well
[8:51:57 PM] Me: Town start to lose majority, then scums go against eachother and then finally town make a comeback and town could win
[8:52:08 PM] Me: Im guessing you never played wc3 mafia
[8:52:21 PM] ika: ya i have nver played it

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
[8:51:57 PM] Me: Town start to lose majority, then scums go against eachother and then finally town make a comeback and town could win
So... you already know how the game will go. What's the fun in that?

ika
July 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM

you dont know how it goes. my personal opinion about this game is looking at it is that is basicly a scum FFA. i just dislike the fact that is all confrimed roles. i have played games with it and have done a setup with confirmed roles. 99% of the time it goe into favor of town. after taking a second look though and seeing how its a scum ffa fest i might be able to see it being less viable but meh it really can go any directions

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 06:42 PM

im not saying town will win, anybody have a shot on winning

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 08:27 PM
I don't know; as I see it, it's pretty much auto-loss for town. As a townie your best hope is to get recruited/converted to the winning team.

Cultafia + Cult + Underpowered cult + Two neutral killers. Town would never win unless most scum target each others n1, and that's more a matter of luck than outwitting your enemies and analyzing the events.

In this setup, town can be entirely obliterated n1.

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hosted this 4 times with 1 less town
Town won once with 3 people alive
Mafia won once with 4 mafia alive
Serial killer won once
Cultist won with 6 cultists

This was with bunch of noobs(noobier than Sc2 noobs)
I am hosting this with 13 people instead of 12 and I want to see how this is played out with bunch of pros.

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Interesting. Can you post a link to the one where town won? I'd like to see how it developed.

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
I didnt save it as my replays
Its on Warcraft 3 so you only have last played replay or saved replays.
Tomorrow Ill try to get my buddys and play it

Using my memories
Day 1 - town lynched cult leader because he was red
Terrorist blow up at his own house, and sk visited the terrorist n2
So its just mafia, town and a zombie and evenually town win with 2 town deaths

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
Ah, on WC3. Well, that's entirely different from forum mafia, just as SC2 Mafia isn't the same as playing in here.

In SC2/WC3, you have tons of players who might not even understand the rules of the game. Now add that they have 30-90 seconds to process hundreds of lines of texts (mostly spam) and decide wo to target that night.

I've also seen tons of troll setups on SC2 mafia, and yes town has won some of them, against all odds. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to bring that setup to a forum, and of course, you can't expect that the game develops the same in such different platforms.

Here are some likely scenarios which show how unbalanced this setup is:

1.- Mafia agrees that if any of them gets recruited, he will hint who the rest of the cult are during the next day, then they won't target them and simply wait for the Cult Leader to recruit the rest of them. Why fight town, neutrals and cult whe we can all be cult?

2.- You have a Townie rolecard but no Townies are included in the game, so a Townie is either Cursed, Recruit or GF. 2/3 of lynching scum/an undesired role.

3.- First confirmed roleblocker gets recruited by the mafia.

4.- If a zombie converts a mafia or a cult, the converted zombie will give away the names of the remaining members of the team.

5.- Zombie heal train, anyone?

And that's what I could think of in two minutes. I bet the list could go on forever.

EDIT: Reply to your edit.
So, as I said, scum died to each other, then town got lucky killing the cult n1. That doesn't make for a balanced setup, just shows the ammount of random events that must happen n1 for town to win this.

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM
Ah, on WC3. Well, that's entirely different from forum mafia, just as SC2 Mafia isn't the same as playing in here.

In SC2/WC3, you have tons of players who might not even understand the rules of the game. Now add that they have 30-90 seconds to process hundreds of lines of texts (mostly spam) and decide wo to target that night.

I've also seen tons of troll setups on SC2 mafia, and yes town has won some of them, against all odds. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to bring that setup to a forum, and of course, you can't expect that the game develops the same in such different platforms.

Here are some likely scenarios which show how unbalanced this setup is:

1.- Mafia agrees that if any of them gets recruited, he will hint who the rest of the cult are during the next day, then they won't target them and simply wait for the Cult Leader to recruit the rest of them. Why fight town, neutrals and cult whe we can all be cult?

2.- You have a Townie rolecard but no Townies are included in the game, so a Townie is either Cursed, Recruit or GF. 2/3 of lynching scum/an undesired role.

3.- First confirmed roleblocker gets recruited by the mafia.

4.- If a zombie converts a mafia or a cult, the converted zombie will give away the names of the remaining members of the team.

5.- Zombie heal train, anyone?

And that's what I could think of in two minutes. I bet the list could go on forever.

1. Godfather cannot be recruited and mafia hinting to be recruited to cultist would be against their current win condition

2. Townie is exactly the same as citizen. I am not including them in this set up.
When detective investigate GF/cursed/recruit it will show up as townie

3. Then town shouldnt reveal the roleblocker.

4. Yup. The converted zombie will give away everyone name. And the mafia would know that he became a zombie. Same goes for the cultist.
Therefore both sides knows eachother and at this point it will be interesting on how both sides interact without revealing their roles to the town.
Zombies could just heal eachother while mafia attack

5 lol

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 10:55 PM
Ok, then. (:

powerofdeath
July 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
This is why I want to host this. It could toward ANY direction. ANYBODY have a shot at winning this.
Town have majority, but could easily be wiped out
Mafia can kill, and grow, or have their mafia member killed and cannot kill anymore
Sk can kill, but not immune
Cult can grow, but stop growing once cult leader die
Zombie are weak alone, but when they grow, they become powerful
Terrorist could easily get multiple kills, but everyone have to die

I dont want set ups like most set up where town have 60 percent chance to win, mafia have 35 percent chance to win and neutral have 5 percent chance to win

Damus_Graves
July 3rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Wanna know the best part of WC3 mafia? It was played on WC3 with all that it implies.

Sen
July 3rd, 2013, 11:19 PM
I dont want set ups like most set up where town have 60 percent chance to win, mafia have 35 percent chance to win and neutral have 5 percent chance to win

That's ok, but it doesn't mean that you have to go to such a extreme.
I'm not arguing that X faction has betetr chances to win than Y; my point is that, given this setup, the winner might be decided night 1: It's more a matter of luck than analysis, deception and everything else that Mafia is made of.

That said, nobody who plays this will be able to complain, since it's an open setup and they know what they can expect from it.

powerofdeath
July 8th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Another game, 2 town vs Gf and doctor gamethrew

Hypersniper
July 9th, 2013, 02:40 AM
I never played wc3 I'm not into Warcraft I don't like fantasy I'm more sci if

Cryptonic
August 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM
Queue Requirements:

13 or less players:
Yes

25 or less possible roles:
Yes

Role list:
Yes

Possible roles:
N/A

Win Conditions:
Yes

Rolecards (including host options):
Yes

Order of Operations:
Yes

Investigative Pairings:
N/A

Rules of Conduct:
Yes

Mechanics:
[Yes, located under Rules./td]

[td]Action:
N/A for games posted prior to 010813

Cryptonic
August 4th, 2013, 07:59 AM
What's the point of GF coming up Townie if he's going to be lynched either way?
BD can't be roleblocked?
Does the GF have to give up his night action to try to convert? Or does his attack just turn into a conversion?
Hopefully it's not game damaging to have your Mafia members able to be culted. This tends to make Cult OP.
Mafia Kill is missing from OoO.
Please fix your win conditions. It says they can only win if they LYNCH everybody.

powerofdeath
August 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
What's the point of GF coming up Townie if he's going to be lynched either way?
Two other town roles are come up as townie.
BD can't be roleblocked?
Nope. In the game, it will say you don't have any money so you turned them away.
Does the GF have to give up his night action to try to convert? Or does his attack just turn into a conversion?
Godfather only night actions are converting, and ordering the mafia member to kill. Godfather himself cannot kill.
Hopefully it's not game damaging to have your Mafia members able to be culted. This tends to make Cult OP.
Mafia Kill is missing from OoO. MM is mafia member fyi
Please fix your win conditions. It says they can only win if they LYNCH everybody.
Made it more clear

Updated

Cryptonic
August 6th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Can Doctor protect against Cultist Conversion?
Is Doctor informed of successful heals?

Please update your Win Conditions to something more forgiving. Like:

Town: Eliminate the Mafia, the Cult, any Zombies, Serial Killer, and Terrorists to win.

Mafia: Eliminate the Town, the Cult, any Zombies, Serial Killer, and Terrorist to win.

Cults: Eliminate the Town, the Mafia, any Zombies, Serial Killer, and Terrorist to win.

Zombies: Eliminate the Town, the Mafia, the Cult, Serial Killer, and Terrorist to win.

Serial Killer: Be the last one alive, or have nothing able to prevent this from happening.

Terrorist: Everyone including YOU must die.

powerofdeath
August 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Can Doctor protect against Cultist Conversion?
Is Doctor informed of successful heals?

Please update your Win Conditions to something more forgiving. Like:

Town: Eliminate the Mafia, the Cult, any Zombies, Serial Killer, and Terrorists to win.

Mafia: Eliminate the Town, the Cult, any Zombies, Serial Killer, and Terrorist to win.

Cults: Eliminate the Town, the Mafia, any Zombies, Serial Killer, and Terrorist to win.

Zombies: Eliminate the Town, the Mafia, the Cult, Serial Killer, and Terrorist to win.

Serial Killer: Be the last one alive, or have nothing able to prevent this from happening.

Terrorist: Everyone including YOU must die.

Doc does not prevent conversion
Everyone, yes EVERYONE is notified who got attacked