PDA

View Full Version : FM4 Prequel Storyline

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Since oops is not awake yet, I thought I'd give you all a taste of what you're up against.

This isn't any formal storyline or anything just what happens between now(Killing Deathwing) and Forum Mafia.

So Deathwing is dead and the world goes back to normal. The Horde and Alliance have land battles here and there, but for the most part everything is finally peaceful. Khadgar recreates Atiesh and brings Medivh back to the mortal world where he studied with young mages in Dalaran, Stormwind, and Shattrath. Adventures have time to adventure the world and discover new places. After the death of Deathwing the Maelstrom closed up and the Naga took control of the Lost Isles. Some adventures took to clearing out the Naga inhabitants until eventually it turned out into an all out war. The Horde marched in slaughtered nearly half of the Naga there and claimed the seas for themselves while the Alliance took the rest of the Eastern Kingdom. The main focus was then shifted to Northrend where they were still dealing with the Scourge clean-up. With the Horde occupying the majority of Azeroth the Alliance had no choice other than to set up treaties with the Horde. Varian Wyrnn thought it was the only way to protect his people...Or should I say his people thought it was the only way they could be protected. Varian then contacted Medivh and asked him if he could get a group of men into Orgrimmar without anyone knowing.

Medivh always remained partial, but thought of it as a challenge. Varian said his mission was to enter Grommash Hold and prove to Garrosh that his defenses at home were weak and that he should return troops back into home allowing the Alliance and Horde to both share the planet. Medivh thought the plan was fine and worked on a spell that turned Varian and some troops into normal mortal orcs. He teleported them outside Orgrimmar and they walked right into Grommosh hold without a second look. Garrosh questioned their motives, but before he could do anything about it Varian slit his throat. The Warchief of the Horde had perished and Varian had his magi teleport thousands of troops into Orgrimmar slaughtering almost everyone. The Horde forces around the world called to arms and slaughtered the Alliance forces around Azeroth. This was the biggest war anyone had ever seen. Medivh couldn't believe what he had done so he vanished for many years.

About 6 after the war started something happened in the Blasted Lands. Fel Orcs came ravaging through destroying all Alliance and Horde outposts. Kil'Jaeden moved through and created Spot Portals for more fel orcs to come through until eventually they took over the southern half of the Eastern Kingdom. The Alliance and Horde were both weakened by the giant war they had been in that they couldn't possibly stop them. More Officers of the Burning Legion moved throughout Azeroth taking control of different locations. Dreadlords ran free and murdered innocent people with hell hounds ravaging through the streets of stormwind. The Burning Legion had been waiting for this opportunity since the "Sunwell Incident". The had their blood elves working around the clock to use the Sunwell to bring back old allies that had since perished. Archimonde was among the first to be revived. With the Burning Legion at it's strongest that it's ever been the Alliance and Horde decided to team up for a final assault on the Sunwell.

The moment they showed up they were faced with Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, and someone they thought would never show their face on Azeroth again...Sargeras. No mortal survived that battle. The Horde and Alliance were no more. There were only 2 groups of people left...Those with the Burning Legion and those against them. Most people fled to Dalaran where they tried to regain strength. It was under the radar since no Burning Legion armies had been through Northrend yet. Medivh was in hiding trying to forget that he was the one that caused all this to happen. He couldn't think of any way to fix the situation...He could only think of that one day when he caused the catastrophe that was The Great War.

20 years go by and the Burning Legion own Azeroth. Most mortal humans are used as Slaves for the Legion's dirty work and they fear nobody. Sargeras is exactly where he wants to be sitting on a throne in the middle of his fortress that is located just outside The Dark Portal. The story continues shortly after this moment. Kael'thas has been revived, but already parted ways with the Burning Legion in hopes of finding another ally...He searched many places and revived many foes, but none of them seem interested and some threatened to kill him even after he gave them their life back.

You don't need to read all this to enjoy the game, but it's interesting and if you read it all then you'll have more fun with the game I'd hope. Also, I was bored as fuck and just made this story up to piece together events between the two time periods and to rid myself of any continuity errors between the two. Holy buttfuck is this long.

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Totally read it.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM
LOL I'm sure you did =P

monster
September 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
LOL, I actually read it all. Fun times, although my knowledge of warcraft lore ends at Warcraft 3 and I have no idea who some of those guys are. For example why isn't Thrall the warchief of the horde, he was one badass orc, hope he got resurrected.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Thrall gave up his spot at the end of Wrath and the beginning of Cataclysm. He went through this whole earth shit with elements and brown babies and a wife and couldn't handle the pressure of being leader of the horde. So this douchebag guy comes in and takes over and makes the horde more mean and dickish. The longer you really get to know Garrosh though the more in change he seems to be. He's a good leader for the horde, but Varian is the fucking biggest douchebag in all of existence....

My people are starving? Build me a statue.
My town is being attacked!? I deserve a medal
Horde owning half of Azeroth? Plot against them and kill Garrosh making Medivh(Azeroth's last hope) Lose all faith in himself and then die. Varian dies soon after the battle in Orgrimmar.

Thrall didn't get ressurected or isn't in the story because from what I think is going to happen in Real WoW for deathwing will be that Thrall sacrifices his life to finish off Deathwing forever. I didn't want to touch into that subject since he might not be here anymore. Obviously this shit wouldn't happen if Thrall were around anyway. He was the best ruler ever.

Deathfire123
September 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED (TM).

Where's Deckard Cain isn't he like the main character?
We should stay a while and listen

McJesus
September 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
why too many made up nouns, anyways could you guys put the descriptions for the roles that aren't actually in mafia somewhere?

fred
September 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Would you find it odd that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about warcraft? :)

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM
No, I didn't expect people to know about warcraft. If you know nothing about Warcraft you would enjoy this game. If you know a little about warcraft you'd probably love this game and if you know a shit ton about warcraft you'd probably hate me for getting everything wrong.

All the possible role cards are in the main post on the forums. You can red every single possible role that might be in the game there.

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
It's an okay plotline I guess, though it really hinges on my belief that Khadgar would ever consider trying to bring back Medivh instead of attempting to pass the mantle to Garona's child, and that Medivh would agree to doing something so idiotic as to seek counsel from Varian Wrynn.

Kil'jaeden crossing through the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands is a bit of a stretch too, considering the last time he was summoned into Azeroth it was through the Sunwell...

If anything, the lesson to be learned here is that writing lore is very difficult.

edit: fixed a minor spelling mistake.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
See, you know too much Jack...I can't write this shit perfectly, but at least I get my point across. You'll understand why I had to do these things when the real story comes up

Illidan
September 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Albeit a bit inaccurate, as jack pointed out, I think the story is fine. This FM will be fun times if the RP will be all like this :D

wightsnow
September 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Sigh, really wish I had internet at home so I could participate.

Yayap
September 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I know nothing of Warcraft... I'm lost trying to figure out who is who and what side they are on in the Pre-game.

Hope it doesn't get too important.

I'll most likely be ignoring RP stuff for my notes. It should be fun to play though.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 01:06 PM
FUCKING FUCK OOPS AND DARK AND EVERYTHING

I go to send out role cards and it takes me an hour to setup and I can only send 20 PMs an hour...So if you haven't gotten a role card you're waiting for an hour bascially. Fucking ass fucking fuckers of fuckery...

I locked the day chat so people can only log in, but no one can post yet.

http://comforummafia.co.cc/index.php

You should be able to go to that link and read the RP and observe for later. You cannot create your own account so it's just for observation.

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
See, you know too much Jack...I can't write this shit perfectly, but at least I get my point across. You'll understand why I had to do these things when the real story comes up

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I spent a good deal of time engrossing myself in the lore of the Warcraft series for a better part of my childhood. Not even Blizzard can stay consistent with their storyline and characterization, they retconn constantly.

P.s. Your link doesn't load for me.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Apparently it's showing up as a virus or something? It's the right website you may have to set up an exclusion from your firewall or something til Oops gets back from molesting kittens.

Illidan
September 6th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Apparently it's showing up as a virus or something? It's the right website you may have to set up an exclusion from your firewall or something til Oops gets back from molesting kittens.

It does at least with Nod32.
If anyone else use it (I don't know if it's diffused out of europe) you have to go to Setup -> Enter entire advanced setup tree -> Web access protection -> HTTP, HTTPS -> Address management and add *comforummafia.co.cc* to the list. Pretty easy.

Edit: apparently it blocks all .co.cc domains. WTF.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Day time. All roles sent out. Good luck.

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah well uh... I guess I'm waiting on you guys to fix the problem, 'cuz I've tried everything I can think of.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I have no idea why you can't log in. Everyone else seems to be getting in just fine?

Tell me what error you're seeing when you try to see the website

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Both Firefox and IE are more or less 404ing on me, as in they cannot contact the server.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
http://tinyurl.com/COMFMFOUR

I mean I don't know what else to do.

Exclude it from firewalls.
Turn off proxies.

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I don't use proxies, I've cleared my cache, I've pinged the server and gotten no response.

My firewall is disabled and it's still 404ing.

Only thing I can think of is that my University's internet is specifically blocking it.

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
You should call someone to repair your computer!

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Hell, I'll even go down to the computer lab and try it there.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Open command prompt

ping http://comforummafia.co.cc/

Go

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
ping comforummafia.co.cc

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Open command prompt

ping http://comforummafia.co.cc/

Go

I've pinged the server and gotten no response.
Also, no luck down here in the computer lab either.

edited>ping comforummafia.co.cc
Ping request could not find host comforummafia.co.cc. Please check the name and
try again.
fyi

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM
This is poppycock nonsense

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Are you sure that your internet connection works?
Did you turn the power on?

CaressMeTenderly
September 6th, 2011, 03:40 PM
aaaaaa this story is so bad im just going to ignore it like i did with all of false truth's rp posts too. goon writes pretty entertainingly though.

FalseTruth
September 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
aaaaaa this story is so bad im just going to ignore it like i did with all of false truth's rp posts too. goon writes pretty entertainingly though.

What days/nights did you enjoy reading? I must admit some of my RPs were awful, but I thought others were good.

CaressMeTenderly
September 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Well, it seemed more like you gave up near the end and you didn't write much generally in comparison to Goon. That's not always a bad thing, but I like walls of text if the author can write well.

Day 1 was fine, Day 2 was good, day 3 was bad, day 4 was great, day 5 was ok, day 6 was also passable but just lacking, day 7 and day 8 seemed like the writer just sorta gave up in giving a shit and putting effort, and the epilogue was pretty good.

Crimson
September 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
It's stupid. Seriously, this isn't mafia. this is gay.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I can give your character to someone else. If it's really making you that mad lol

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM
So... uh, yeah. If someone cannot come up with a way to fix the issue I have I will be relinquishing my account sometime tomorrow.

P.S. This game is pretty much like LotR risk, there's 0 change to gameplay, it's just dressed up differently. Grow up.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Jack

Gogo: comforummafia.zxq.net

CaressMeTenderly
September 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
P.S. This game is pretty much like LotR risk, there's 0 change to gameplay, it's just dressed up differently. Grow up.
Yep.
Exactly why I'll just ignore the silly little dressing up.
Different toilet, same shit.

FalseTruth
September 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Well, it seemed more like you gave up near the end and you didn't write much generally in comparison to Goon. That's not always a bad thing, but I like walls of text if the author can write well.

Day 1 was fine, Day 2 was good, day 3 was bad, day 4 was great, day 5 was ok, day 6 was also passable but just lacking, day 7 and day 8 seemed like the writer just sorta gave up in giving a shit and putting effort, and the epilogue was pretty good.

Thanks for the input. Day 4 was the only RP Goon wrote, I suppose he was inspired that day. I wrote the rest.
The reasons for RP's not being well written was generally due to time constraints, although day 3 might have been an exception.

Elixir
September 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
RIP Cosenza Town Gallows.

TheJackofSpades
September 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Claw, finally got things sorted out.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Was worried you did done give up.

WELCOME ABOARD MATEY!

Also, some people haven't "checked in" I'll be able to check throughout the day tomorrow, but if you haven't even logged into your account once we will be giving your account to a reserve player tomorrow at 3 PM EDT when the night starts.

I hate all the people on the reserve list. Don't make me do this.

FalseTruth
September 7th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Yes Jack is playing!

Zack
September 7th, 2011, 01:25 AM
You should consider that people sort of lost track of when the game actually starts... You should give them a little more time before replacing them. Just a suggestion...

Yayap
September 7th, 2011, 01:28 AM
You should consider that people sort of lost track of when the game actually starts... You should give them a little more time before replacing them. Just a suggestion...

You can always check the profiles of those who haven't signed in to find out when they were online last. If the PM was sent before that time then they should have had a few alerts telling them about the new PM.

Deolrin
September 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM
My antivirus detects viruses in that site.
Also, that story is pretty lame. No offense. <_>

Clawtrocity
September 7th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Already sent you a PM.

CaressMeTenderly
September 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM
So yeah uh why does the site not work?

Clawtrocity
September 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
It does it's just lagging because Oops and rev are an old married couple.

McJesus
September 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Is the mafia forum working for other people? I wanted to make some posts tonight but the site is not working for me for some reason.

Clawtrocity
September 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
No it's broken for everyone...You can still use it, but it's laggy as fuck .

philie
September 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
So who got the reserve spots?

Clawtrocity
September 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Not allowed to say. If they wanna spoil for themselves I guess they can, but in the morning you will see who "has a new personality" so it'd be smart to stay hidden.