PDA

View Full Version : FM4 Death Chat Suggestions

Clawtrocity
September 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Bascially with the Occultist in play I was wondering how we could have fun in death chat. I can't give out roles like in FM3 so help me think of mini-game type things for FM4. Anything goes as far as idea wise. We'll choose a handful maybe and implement them. Right now all we have is discussion watered down by people scared of Occultist.

Ghost gets his own special chat so he won't be an issue with the normal death chat.

Deolrin
September 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
What the hell is an Occultist?

EDIT: Mind you, I don't feel like reading the 10 pages or so that gathered up while I was asleep. I'll save that for the actual Forum Mafia.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
What the hell is an Occultist?

EDIT: Mind you, I don't feel like reading the 10 pages or so that gathered up while I was asleep. I'll save that for the actual Forum Mafia.

Go to Catalogue of Interesting Roles for more info -- in my sig.

@Claw I suggest you think of a few mini-games, make a poll, and pick out the best ones. That's pretty much how I did everything in FM3.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Also Claw, in your OP I think you mean Ghost, not occultist. The occultist sacrifices himself, WHILE ALIVE, to revive a dead player. Therefore, he would have no impact on the dead discussion.

Yayap
September 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Also Claw, in your OP I think you mean Ghost, not occultist. The occultist sacrifices himself, WHILE ALIVE, to revive a dead player. Therefore, he would have no impact on the dead discussion.

No but the dead player coming back to life would have info that he shouldn't. Claw got it right.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM

No but the dead player coming back to life would have info that he shouldn't. Claw got it right.

Ahh, good catch.

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Yep, I wanted to try and make it so dead people go into a ghost form for a night or two to discuss and then move to permadead chat and the occultist can only rez ghost people so I can still have fun in normal dead chat.

Oops didn't like that idea so we kept him the way he is.

Now when dead chat happens there may or may not be an occultist in the game in which case I'm doing all this to trick you and we have a bunch of games ready to play.

In reality, I could always use more games to play so I still need ideas.

We can play the guess who game where instead of guessing roles you guess who players really are.
Guess the role game
Try and figure out what roles there actually are in the game.
Guess the RP name of people

I dunno...Maybe we'll just leave it like normal ole dead chat.

philie
September 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Betting game - bet who dies at night/gets lynched/wins the game/flips this and that role. Should be done in advance.
No answers would be given, only bets. You get points for guessing correctly and a score can be kept.
Also, melon roulette:3

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Alright I like the betting game. That will definitely be making an appearance.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 7th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Can we get melon roulette again? As disgusting as eight people eating from the same melon is, I liked the game.I was too late to sign up though.

Zack
September 7th, 2011, 05:13 AM
heh, that was a game I made up, but feel free to use it as a minigame in dead chat ;)

I mean, who knows when i'l die to host it myself, not planning on that :P

I used the card draw on random.org to shuffle the melons and the player order, seems the most fitting.

nanosystem
September 7th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I support the betting game and the melon roulette.

Maybe Oops could make some new Mafia Mutations?

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
We must quickly discover who is Zack and then force him to Melon Roulette us.